PDA

View Full Version : new (old) Eagles fan!

Jane B.
01-18-2014, 12:07 AM
I found this site back in September, after seeing the Eagles for the first time in nearby Seattle, WA !:computer: I grew up with their music in the '60's & '70's, but had kind of lost track of them until seeing the History of the Eagles on t.v., and then going to the Sept. concert. Am so glad that I re-discovered them! I flew down to L.A. this week for the concert on the 15th at the Forum, and I regret now that I didn't try and connect with any of you while there - it was just too hectic and I ran out of time! But, I'm so enjoying reading everyone's posts and am already looking forward to my next Eagles concert, hopefully in the not-too-distant future! :partytime:

MaryCalifornia
01-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Very cool, Jane. Welcome!!

Witchy Woman
01-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Welcome, Jane !!

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2014, 04:34 AM
Welcome Jane. Hopefully you can hook up with us at some other gig soon!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-18-2014, 11:36 AM
welcome from me too:hilarious::thumbsup: tt

WalshFan88
01-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Welcome!

bluefeather
01-18-2014, 05:31 PM
welcome:)

Houston Baby
01-20-2014, 12:21 AM
WELCOME JANE!!

HH, VA & I were at the Seattle concert too. Sure wish we would have known then and met up. Hopefully, another time! Enjoy it here, this is a great group of EAGLES fans!

Brooke
01-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the Border Jane! Glad to have ya!

sodascouts
01-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Hi, Jane! Welcome!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Welcome Jane. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. I was at that show in L.A. as well. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet - but maybe we can next time. :thumbsup:

Jane B.
01-30-2014, 03:19 AM
Thanks so much for all of the Welcoming words! I am looking forward to meeting up with you fellow Eagles fans at a future show! :grouphug:

Also, here's a question that has probably been addressed already, but I'm still learning my way around the website so haven't seen it:

Did anyone receive the "free poster" that was supposed to be included with the tickets for the Jan. 15th Forum show? I asked around that night, and no one at the Forum knew what I was talking about! :confused: I ended up buying a poster for $20! (it's a cool poster, so I'm glad I got it - even if it wasn't "free"!). :-o

sodascouts
01-30-2014, 12:15 PM
No - and I'm not happy about it. I wonder who we should complain to? I might move these posts to the show thread.

Jane B.
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure who's responsible either, but since Ticketmaster had the "free poster" offer on its ticket pre-sale information, maybe they would know something? If I find out anything, I'll certainly pass it along!

It's not a big deal (not receiving the free poster), but at the same time, it'd be interesting to know if it was just an oversight or some kind of miscommunication between Ticketmaster and the Eagles, right? Either way, it's not cool to promise something and then not deliver! :shrug:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to come in here and let you all know that I just got a UPS delivery that contained the free posters. It's not a huge deal, but I'm glad they sent them. Even thought it's not a lot, I still don't think it would be cool for them to not follow through with their commitment either.

sodascouts
02-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Well, speak of the devil! lol. I eagerly await mine - hope they didn't send it to my old address.

Jane B.
02-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Wow! Great Timing! Thanks so much for letting us know that you got your posters! For some reason, I was expecting to receive the posters before the show or even at the show...but it makes sense that they mail them out afterwards, so I should have had more faith! (sorry, Ticketmaster!) I'll eagerly await mine, too! :pray:

Hey...I was wondering this, too: at the Forum show on the 15th...were any of you guys waiting in line outside, at the very front of the line, around 6:00 pm? I remember seeing a group of avid fans who were at the head of the line...they were being interviewed by one of the video crews....? I realized later that might have been some of you! (I was 3rd back in the line!) I'm sure some of us crossed paths that night without realizing it...hope to meet up with more of you next time! :bye:

sodascouts
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
No, none of us were interviewed, but we were in that line. We probably did pass each other at some point. As I said that night, I'm always game to meet up with fellow fans!

Jane B.
02-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to report that today I received my posters from the Jan. 15th Forum show! I was worried about not getting them, so I bought one at the show and so now I've ended up with 3 posters! I should have known that the Eagles would come through! :thumbsup: So happy to have these great reminders of such a special night - only wish I had another concert on the horizon to look forward to (need to save up some money first!)

VAisForEagleLovers
02-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Jane, I see I've been remiss in welcoming you here! I can't believe we were at two shows together and didn't know each other at the time! I thought the Seattle show was one of the best, if not the best, show I've ever seen.

Houston Baby
02-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Seattle was an AWESOME show!!! But VA may think that because she was at Glenn's feet all night! HH & her seats were right there below Glenn. Right there!! Boy was I jealous!! ;-)

Jane B.
02-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Well, hearing that makes me jealous, too! Before re-discovering the Eagles, my husband and I were Steely Dan groupies (still are!) and when we were looking for tickets for the Dan show at the WaMu theater in Seattle in 2011, the guy at the theater told me: "always go to the ticket office when it opens the first day to buy tickets...the pre-sales aren't worth it"...so I believed it (we got 2nd row for that Dan show) and I was at Key Arena box office the minute Eagles tickets went on sale, and we ended up in the balcony (even though the ticket prices were the highest level, same as floor!). So, we had terrible seats ! :brickwall: Obviously, I still had a wonderful time and LOVED the concert (though no one was allowed to stand up or make much noise in our seating area - that's another story, we almost got kicked out!)...but I can only hope I get as skilled as the rest of you are, in terms of getting good tickets for shows - I need a crash course in ticket-buying :) !

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I cheat and buy VIP seats!

Jane B.
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Honestly, I think you're right...at the end of the day, it's worth it!

The money thing is another issue; some of our group absolutely refuse to pay top-dollar for tickets; they are in sticker shock and still remember going to concerts for $20! (way, way, way back...)! It's been interesting to hear all the stories here on The Border, and to see how many people are able to go to SO many shows and also pay for the good seats - wow, I'm impressed! I'm not sure how you guys all do it, but BRAVO!!! :thumbsup:

(I'm originally from southern Indiana, just across the river from Louisville!)

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Oh, cool! I just moved here this past summer after living in VA for over 30 years.

I don't have kids, so for me the shows are do-able. I do go with groups, but seldom sit with people as a group (get better tickets with doubles and singles). Like Raleigh and Cincy, I'm going by myself, which is nice because no one distracts me (though when I go with people from this board, they don't distract me because none of us want to be distracted!), and I don't have to worry about what others may want to pay or not pay.

Houston Baby
02-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Honestly, I think you're right...at the end of the day, it's worth it!

The money thing is another issue; some of our group absolutely refuse to pay top-dollar for tickets; they are in sticker shock and still remember going to concerts for $20! (way, way, way back...)! It's been interesting to hear all the stories here on The Border, and to see how many people are able to go to SO many shows and also pay for the good seats - wow, I'm impressed! I'm not sure how you guys all do it, but BRAVO!!! :thumbsup:

I know what you mean JB. I will be going to Friday night's concert by myself since none of my friends in H-town would spend $ for a VIP ticket. But that is ok & I totally understand. I am now single, no kids so I choose to pay for these concerts. When I was married I would not have spent the $ for the VIP tickets either. I even missed the guys on the HFO tour because we had just bought a house & was in the midst of remodeling.

And when I go out of town to see them, I always spend a few days in that city & see the sights. Mini vacations! I went to quite a few cities last year thanks to the HOTE tour. And more importantly it gives me a chance to visit with my Eagles buddies! That is the MOST fun!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah, being single with no kids helps a lot when it comes to concert adventures, lol. I can't afford to do the VIP thing regularly; I used to rely on the "last minute" trick to get good tix for face value, but that doesn't seem to work nearly as much anymore. Now you just gotta keep checking back. It's tiresome and time consuming, and there are no guarantees unless you go broker, which can really add up. Ugh!

I'm very lucky in that thanks to the Border, I am able to find a concert buddy for nearly every show I go to. The upcoming New Orleans show is only the second Eagles show I've attended alone (the other was Glasgow in 2006, where I sat in the boonies and got punched by an unruly Scotsman for dancing during "Take It Easy"). Solo shows are another matter - I've gone to several of those alone - but usually I can nab a fellow fan for the Eagles. Not this time! :weep:

Jane B.
02-18-2014, 02:54 AM
You guys are Great! You've really given me a lot to think about! I'm married but my husband works on commercial ships and travels a LOT...no kids...12 pets, but we have a wonderful house sitter, so that works out!

I really should try and meet up with some of you at a show sometime by myself! We're paying off a remodel and can't afford a big vacation, so the mini-trips are perfect right now!

It's getting late tonight, but next time I'll recount my 24-hour trip to L.A. for the 1/15 Forum show...it was AMAZING, but I'm getting too old for the 24-hour thing, it was pretty brutal!

In Seattle, we sat by a couple from eastern Washington, who were staying on a boat, and the guy got yelled at several times for whistling...(just in case that couple reads The Border - would love to contact them, we lost their number)!

The "Rowdy Scottish Guy" story is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while - I'll think about that every time I hear the song now! Thanks! :hilarious:

Jane B.
02-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Yeah, being single with no kids helps a lot when it comes to concert adventures, lol. I can't afford to do the VIP thing regularly; I used to rely on the "last minute" trick to get good tix for face value, but that doesn't seem to work nearly as much anymore. Now you just gotta keep checking back. It's tiresome and time consuming, and there are no guarantees unless you go broker, which can really add up. Ugh!

I'm very lucky in that thanks to the Border, I am able to find a concert buddy for nearly every show I go to. The upcoming New Orleans show is only the second Eagles show I've attended alone (the other was Glasgow in 2006, where I sat in the boonies and got punched by an unruly Scotsman for dancing during "Take It Easy"). Solo shows are another matter - I've gone to several of those alone - but usually I can nab a fellow fan for the Eagles. Not this time! :weep:

As I said in the other post, I LOVE the Scottish guy story!

But also, Soda: New Orleans is such an amazing city! You'll have a BLAST! I would join you in a heartbeat, if I could! But now that I know you guys are out there, I'll figure out a way to come and see a show with you down the road! (I'm excited to have something to look forward to again...I was suffering from the PEW whatever.) It'll be such fun to hear about the New Orleans show; plus, someone might still decide to go with you!

I love that you're such an adventurous person - it's very inspiring!

Houston Baby
02-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Soda an adventurous person - that is putting it mildly! :hilarious:

She is known as our "fearless leader"! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Aw, thanks! Nothing gets me crazy like a concert! ;)