PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 18, 2014

VAisForEagleLovers
01-19-2014, 01:48 PM
A picture from last night.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/forum/18/goodbyes_zps26142c65.jpg

bluefeather
01-19-2014, 02:03 PM
cool thanks VA!:grin: would have been GREAT to have been there!

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks VA! Love that pic.

WalshFan88
01-19-2014, 02:31 PM
HC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QYIiIz6_8

ITC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZHMjS89wY

carol7lynn
01-20-2014, 11:01 AM
It was not, to quote Henley, "Business as Usual" at Saturday night's concert. The "Heat (was) On" from the first note to the final chord. No one, including me, :headbang: could accuse the band of "loitering" on stage nor security of being over-bearing.

There were six of us Eagle-ites in rows 7 and 8 of Section B (right in front of Bernie and TimmyB) who decided early on when it came to rules to quote Elton:

"Don't give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in..."

Long story short-it worked. We danced, we pranced, we made romance, we sang our lungs out and became the Eagles very own personal L.A. cheerleaders that got the boys off the amps and out of Bud's garage and "into the groove," as Neil Young puts it.

There were no lectures from anyone, including Glenn, and the show became an orgasmic frenzy whereby the audience and the Eagles "took it to the limit" over and over again. Absolutely no one took it easy and in short, we rocked in the nighttime 'til (our) skin turned red. By the end of the night the screaming was so loud it sounded like we were at the SuperBowl. They crushed it.

And, lastly Mr. Frey, it's true that pioneers, like the Beach Boys, paved the way for the Eagles but remember it's the settlers that create, establish and build the future.

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
01-20-2014, 12:28 PM
CL, awesome! :lol: Glad to hear you got to rock out and didn't get kicked out!

VA, great picture! Thank you!

Houston Baby
01-20-2014, 01:37 PM
AWESOME news C-L!

Sounds like a marvelous time, so wished I could have stayed for one more night!

sodascouts
01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks C-L! It sounds like I missed out on a great time Saturday night!

StephUK
01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
I've just read through the threads for all three forums shows. Very interesting collection of observations & views about the shows. I'm not sure what to think - were they great shows, OK shows, or going through the motions shows? !!
The first leg of the HOTE tour last year had great reviews & Borderers were quite up-beat about the shows. It'll be interesting to read more reviews further into the 2014 leg of the tour.

:?:
Please someone who was at a show, tell me about Will at the Forum. How did he look? did he smile much? Do you think he's lost weight? Please tell.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2014, 09:48 PM
I've just read through the threads for all three forums shows. Very interesting collection of observations & views about the shows. I'm not sure what to think - were they great shows, OK shows, or going through the motions shows? !!
The first leg of the HOTE tour last year had great reviews & Borderers were quite up-beat about the shows. It'll be interesting to read more reviews further into the 2014 leg of the tour.

Please someone who was at a show, tell me about Will at the Forum. How did he look? did he smile much? Do you think he's lost weight? Please tell.

He had a moustache! And Glenn said something special about him but I can't remember what! Teaching at USC maybe?

I feel bad that folks aren't getting a good vibe from the reviews for these shows. I wrote what I wrote thinking that I was gushing too much. The vocal issues in the first show were nits, like maybe a total of five notes. I know there were two people who gave a poor review of the first night, and I'm still trying to figure out what concert they were at! :wink: I thought both shows were incredible. Wednesday had the two extra songs (and more Glenn-tact) and Friday was a looser show and more fun.

Henley Honey
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM

Will looked very fit and healthy. He was smiling a lot an d seemed to be having a blast. Both he and michael seemed to have lost weight -- Michael especially.

sodascouts
01-20-2014, 09:57 PM
He had a moustache! And Glenn said something special about him but I can't remember what! Teaching at USC maybe?

Yes - he's teaching now!

Will looked very fit and healthy. He was smiling a lot an d seemed to be having a blast. Both he and michael seemed to have lost weight -- Michael especially.

Agreed. Plus, maybe it was just me not noticing it before, but it seemed Micheal's placement was more prominent during NKIT.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Agreed. Plus, maybe it was just me not noticing it before, but it seemed Micheal's placement was more prominent during NKIT.

I noticed it at MSG but not before. Of course, quite frankly, if Glenn is singing NKIT, I'm not looking anywhere but him!

StephUK
01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks to all for the Will info. A moustache I can live with, it's the beard I really don't like.
Will was a 'guest lecturer' at the USC a couple of years ago, so I guess he's back there again.
(now why didn't I ever get a lecturer who looked that good? I suppose musicians are just much sexier than accountants :hilarious::hilarious:)

Elizasong
01-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Guess I haven't been in the know. Who is Will and Michael?

StephUK
01-20-2014, 10:57 PM
They are keyboard players in the support band.

StephUK
01-20-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes - he's teaching now!

Maybe Michael looked more prominent 'cos they'd both lost weight and weren't so squashed together behind the keyboards.
(Sorry, is that an uncalled for remark):blush:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Maybe Michael looked more prominent 'cos they'd both lost weight and weren't so squashed together behind the keyboards.
(Sorry, is that an uncalled for remark):blush:

Michael sits out front for NKIT. Where Glenn sits for ICTYW, more or less. Glenn gets up and Michael sits down as they are back-to-back.

StephUK
01-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Michael sits out front for NKIT. Where Glenn sits for ICTYW, more or less. Glenn gets up and Michael sits down as they are back-to-back.

Sorry, I remember now from the F1 DVD that Michael doesn't sit next to Will for NKIT. I stand corrected VA.

MaryCalifornia
01-21-2014, 01:13 AM
I will do my best to get a good pic of Will on Friday, if I can from my angle!
My strategy for photos, I think, will be to wait sort of until the end - maybe LITFL or something. Make a good first impression on the Black Shirts so they ignore me, then I'll strike, quick and stealthy!

And thanks to Dreamer for the info re: floor level merch/concessions - that's the plan!

sodascouts
01-21-2014, 02:19 AM
Good luck, MC!

TimothyBFan
01-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Go MC!!! We're counting on you!! Lol

MaryCalifornia
01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Can't...stand...the...pressure!!:lol:

HenleyFan1971
01-21-2014, 01:30 PM
this one I sneak on the big screen lol

StephUK
01-21-2014, 02:06 PM
I will do my best to get a good pic of Will on Friday, if I can from my angle!
My strategy for photos, I think, will be to wait sort of until the end - maybe LITFL or something. Make a good first impression on the Black Shirts so they ignore me, then I'll strike, quick and stealthy!

And thanks to Dreamer for the info re: floor level merch/concessions - that's the plan!

I'd love to see pic of Will, so good luck with getting some photos. I think your 'wait till nearer the end of the show' strategy is a good one. Have a great evening.

Brooke
01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
MC, good idea and have fun!

bluefeather
01-21-2014, 07:59 PM
hope you had fun MC, now where are those pics!?:D