PDA

View Full Version : 1020 Laguna Ave for rent

Midnight Visitor
01-22-2014, 10:10 PM
So, assuming this is the duplex that Jackson, Frey & Souther lived in.....

I got goosebumps.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/01/rent_an_echo_park_duplex_where_the_eagles_lived_in _the_70s.php

UndertheWire
01-23-2014, 03:24 AM
So, assuming this is the duplex that Jackson, Frey & Souther lived in.....

I got goosebumps.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/01/rent_an_echo_park_duplex_where_the_eagles_lived_in _the_70s.php

Wow! I know it would have been more rundown back then, but it really doesn't look too bad.

Brooke
01-23-2014, 04:15 PM
:cool: Yeah, it's not bad now! I'm kinda like you MV and get goosebumps just looking at the pictures!

ETA: Can you imagine living where Glenn, Don, and Jackson used to live? Sweet dreams for sure! :lol:

Midnight Visitor
01-23-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm wondering if the wooden door in the 2nd photo is the entrance to Jackson's place. If I still lived in L.A. I'd ask to see it, even if I wasn't in the market to buy it. :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2014, 04:46 PM
That Laurel Canyon exhibit that HB posted about should be very interesting. I sure wish I were going to be in L.A. to see it.

And - that apartment in Echo Park has gotten a facelift no doubt. But, I can't imagine paying $1500.00 p/mo. for a 600 sq. ft. apartment. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but didn't Glenn say that together he and JD were paying $90 p/mo. and Jackson took the basement since it was only $35? Wow - I guess the owner's must sure be capitalizing on the past occupants. Anyway, that door does seem to be how they described the entrance to Jackson's apt.

Midnight Visitor
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
To be honest that's just the going price for a one bedroom apt. in good shape in Echo Park. Echo Park used to be a dump but now it's really desirable.

GlennLover
01-23-2014, 05:06 PM
That Laurel Canyon exhibit that HB posted about should be very interesting. I sure wish I were going to be in L.A. to see it.

And - that apartment in Echo Park has gotten a facelift no doubt. But, I can't imagine paying $1500.00 p/mo. for a 600 sq. ft. apartment. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but didn't Glenn say that together he and JD were paying $90 p/mo. and Jackson took the basement since it was only $35? Wow - I guess the owner's must sure be capitalizing on the past occupants. Anyway, that door does seem to be how they described the entrance to Jackson's apt.

I think Glenn said that the sum total of their rents was $90. It would be cool to see it.

sodascouts
01-24-2014, 06:12 PM
I would seriously consider leasing it if I were going to move to the area. No lie.

Scarlet Sun
01-24-2014, 06:23 PM
It's not $60 a month anymore

sodascouts
01-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Seriously, though, how freaking cool would it be to live in such a historic place?

HenleyFan1971
01-24-2014, 07:03 PM
wow that is a lot of rent being from the LA area that does not surprise me lol

Tiffanny Twisted
01-24-2014, 08:11 PM
I think its pretty neat looking even if they did give it a face lift I am sure.
Funny, my gf's mom had a house she renovated and had no idea that there were drawings and writings on the basement walls from dr suess
wonder if there are any cool things like that lying around there now....:eyebrow:

Thirsty&Hot
01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Rent An Echo Park Duplex Where The Eagles Lived In The '70s (http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/01/rent_an_echo_park_duplex_where_the_eagles_lived_in _the_70s.php)

Thirsty&Hot
01-24-2014, 09:53 PM
ah thanks for moving my post here..didn't realize it had been posted :)

but yeah it would be pretty cool to live there and try to find leftover history...though it certainly looks like it's been renovated...so i wouldn't hold my breath to find any remnants.

I do remember hearing that it was $90 ...and i thought that was for everything including Jackson's apt, and Jackson only paid $35.

so JD and Glenn lived in a one bedroom?? I guess someone slept in the living room maybe

and yep...1500 is pretty standard rent for cities like LA and NYC...though that's even on the cheap side nowadays! my friends who were moving said the rents in my neighborhood were all over $2000 now!

"the rent is too damn high!" haha

that Ivy covered doorway definitely looks familiar :)

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I was talking to someone who knew them back then, and she said Glenn slept on the couch while JD got the bed typically, but there was some flexibility in that arrangement.

I think $1500 a month is a bargain!

Brooke
01-25-2014, 10:58 AM
If I lived there I'd definitely try to find a way to rent it! How cool would that be?! I'm sure you would have some sweet dreams there! :wink:

Thirsty&Hot
01-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I was talking to someone who knew them back then, and she said Glenn slept on the couch while JD got the bed typically, but there was some flexibility in that arrangement.

I think $1500 a month is a bargain!

are the rents that high in Tennessee too? or do you just mean $1500 is a bargain to live where our idols have lived?
I do believe it's a bargain all around myself! Plus, it's certainly less than my current rent!

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, no. You can get a nice three bedroom apartment in Tennessee for less than $1200 a month. However, it sure doesn't have a view / neighborhood like that - or, more importantly, HISTORY like that!

Thirsty&Hot
01-25-2014, 07:08 PM
ah okay!
but right EXACTLY! I'm surprised they're charging so little!

Houston Baby
01-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Yep, if those walls could talk......:wink:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Ok like should this not be a national historicsl national treasure?
I mean so much history music /song writing went on there it should have been presserved

Ive always been a dreamer
01-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Okay - I concede that I am officially old. To me, that is an outrageous amount of money of rent to pay for such a tiny apartment even though I realize it is in L.A. and has a lot of history. I guess I should feel lucky that I have a house that more than 3x larger with a mortgage payment of < $1100 p/mo. :shh:

Thirsty&Hot
01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Okay - I concede that I am officially old. To me, that is an outrageous amount of money of rent to pay for such a tiny apartment even though I realize it is in L.A. and has a lot of history. I guess I should feel lucky that I have a house that more than 3x larger with a mortgage payment of < $1100 p/mo. :shh:

well in reality...it IS too much money. as I said, rents in general are really too damn high.
I think we're just saying that in the current market, and in the big cities, this is actually cheap in comparison especially for a place that has this kind of history.

My mom used to rent a gigantic apartment in Brooklyn for $300/month when I was a baby in the 80s, and even that was probably expensive at the time. you can't even rent a ROOM for that price anywhere in the NYC area for less than $500/month.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Not to get off topic, but this site gives you an idea of what some people charge for "apartments" (or really just a room) in NYC:

http://www.worstroom.com/tagged/new-york

And check out this person renting a GARAGE for $1000 a month in LA:

http://www.worstroom.com/tagged/los-angeles

So now you see why I think it's a "bargain"!

azurederav
01-27-2014, 04:24 AM
I think it is ridiculous to pay high rents for an property. Many people pay high amount of rent on very small amount of area. Does rent or price of a property is related to its history? My friend is a realtor Georgetown ky he says "interesting history means more money".

Brooke
01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Wow! Unbelievable! I now know why my daughter moved back to Missouri after checking out NYC a couple years ago!

I also know why I live in the boondocks! My mortgage is less than $460 a month for a 2000 sq. foot house and 10 acres!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-27-2014, 09:41 PM
wow...sounds like paradise.,

Thirsty&Hot
02-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Wow certainly does sound like paradise, Brooke!
I need to move!