PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh at the Grammys?

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 06:39 PM
David Wild posted a couple photos of Joe backstage at Grammy rehearsals that indicate he might be performing as part of the Beatles tribute. That and Lindsey Buckingham's appearance definitely mean I'll be tuning in!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5502fe8b9d8205abd96956ceecd4c4a2/tumblr_mzzau2JkII1slk631o1_500.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/92cf5f2a966d68478018dc26dcd3d0fa/tumblr_mzzau2JkII1slk631o2_500.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
01-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks for posting, Soda. I saw it in the same tweet, but since I was on my tablet I figured I'd 'post it later', then forgot! I'll record the show so I can fast forward over the 98% I don't want to see.

Midnight Visitor
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
He's crazy busy this month. I think it's wonderful. There's been a real resurgence in his career for the last few years. That makes me so happy. Joe has become the 5th or 6th or 7th (whatever number we're on) Beatle! That must make him so happy. Those guys all worshiped the Beatles and there's Paul McCartney going to an Eagles show. That must blow their minds.

I'm rambling and not necessarily on topic so I'll add, sure hope I get to see Joe at the Grammys. I don't watch TV anymore so I'm hoping for a clip on youtube.

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm with you, MV. It's great to see. When I see Joe thriving now compared to where he was 25 years ago, it's staggering. For most rockers his age, it's the other way around. :(

I'm guessing he'll be playing guitar as part of a band rather than taking center stage singing, but you never know! The odds are good that it'll be on YouTube, at least for a little while.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
well...of course he's gonna be there to salute ringo...they are bro in laws.
cant wait ...
that and Chicago too :grin:

shunlvswx
01-25-2014, 11:48 PM
I haven't watched the Grammys in years. I might watched. I use to watch all the awards shows. I stopped many years ago.

Wasn't it a few years ago, Joe was on stage with Paul(ok maybe it wasn't him. I don't remember) with other musicians. Maybe I'm imagining that.

I bet Joe didn't think in a million years that he would be brothers in law with a Beattle

sodascouts
01-25-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Joe backed Paul McCartney at the Grammy MusiCares tribute (http://www.grammy.com/photos/joe-walsh-dave-grohl-and-paul-mccartney) in 2012. He also backed Paul McCartney on a late night show last year when Paul was promoting his latest album. I forget the details, though.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Thanks, Soda. I knew I wasn't crazy. lol I remembered that in 2012. I remember Paul coming on at the end of the live broadcast and I was waiting patiently for Paul.

Midnight Visitor
01-26-2014, 09:51 AM
That's why I joke about Joe being the 6th or 7th Beatle. Other then the Eagles I think he plays w/Ringo & Paul more then anyone else.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
It definitely seems that way, MV. I was thinking last night, IIRC, every time I've seen Paul perform at a special event or on TV in the last couple of years, I think Joe has been with him. Yep - even The Beatles say that he's cool! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
I've got my TV set to record, but I'll be watching in real time tonight, too. I hope he gets a lot of camera time!

ETA: Just saw Stevie do the red carpet. I guess she wanted to see Joe and Lindsey in action!

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 09:14 PM
I saw Joe a few times in the audience. He even got face time on camera when they were talking the New Artist. He's in the front row with Ringo and Paul. So we'll be seeing him a lot on camera.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah I saw him in the audience too. I definitely want to see him perform!

Midnight Visitor
01-26-2014, 09:37 PM
More evidence that Joe is now an honorary Beatle:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/92653e9733e9f04f107ddf83e9d29b2e/tumblr_n01cujXtkn1t11t9ho1_1280.jpg

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Since I'm bored by most of the acts, I'm spending the next few hours playing "Spot Joe, Stevie, and/or Lindsey in the audience." Joe is easy-schmeezy with his prominent Beatle placement! I haven't spotted the other two yet.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Maybe they will pop on camera. Now why are they there again? I forgot.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Lindsey's playing with Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Nine Inch Nails. That won't be 'til the finale.

There's a Beatles tribute tonight, and Joe will be a part of that, judging from the photos David Wild tweeted and his status as official Beatle BFF.

Stevie's just there as a spectator, unless there's some surprise thing going on.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks, Soda. I knew about Joe. I just didn't know about Lindsey and Stevie. Hmm Stevie there with Lindsey. She has to be there some reason.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Just saw Lindsey. He's diagonal behind Paul McCartney on the side opposite of Joe. Can't believe I missed him! Maybe he just sat down before Chicago went on, lol.

Stevie said on the red carpet she didn't even know she was coming until two days ago. Her outfit was not really red carpet worthy (love Stevie so much but it's the truth) so I think she might not have anything going on tonight besides being a spectator. Maybe Lindsey had an extra ticket, lol. I'd be happy to be wrong!

Side note: I like Pink but this sexualized circus act is ridiculous.

WalshFan88
01-26-2014, 10:25 PM
I have sooooo many comments I could make regarding the current state of today's 'music'.....ugh!!! Since when did music be more about the looks and flair than the music itself?! These pop stars are driving me crazy.... Some more than others.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't get it either lol

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Wow, Joe didn't accompany Ringo! Guess he's going to come out with Paul later?

MaryCalifornia
01-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I will sound like an old fogey, but I feel like people are really embracing bands like the Eagles, Stones, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac right now and hanging on like grim death to them because there is simply no music that will fill the void when they stop performing - nothing, really nothing for the past 20 years, and none coming up. U2 and Pearl Jam's music will have some viability, maybe. None of today's music will sound good 20 or 30 years from now. I do like Get Lucky, but that's because it sounds like it's straight out of the late '70s.

TIVOing the show so I can fast forward as needed later tonight. Yay Joe!

WalshFan88
01-26-2014, 10:39 PM
They just said "Paul McCartney with a very special guest" coming up.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
I spotted him in a clip, too. Hope he's on soon.

As for modern music, I actually enjoy Pink, Bruno Mars, Lorde, Beyonce... but I hate how much spectacle and vulgarity is inserted into it now. There's always been sexuality involved, but the lyrics having to be bleeped in pop tunes... that used to be reserved for gangsta rap. The special effects, acrobatics, etc. are lame, too. I want to hear the music, not watch you show off your trapeze skills.

Hey, someone tell Beyonce and Jay-Z to stop dancing and sit down, they're blocking the people behind them. ;)

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 10:48 PM
I know, Soda. I was like Joe didn't sing with his brother in law. It was good to see Peter Frampton with him.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-26-2014, 10:49 PM
I have found that the mute button comes in handy for these shows!

I saw a tweet from last night's Eagles concert that said it was so nice to go listen to a group that knows what music is and knows what guitars are for. He was with his parents and lamented that he wouldn't be able to take his son to a concert twenty years from now because music would be dead by then.

Midnight Visitor
01-26-2014, 10:49 PM
I will sound like an old fogey, but I feel like people are really embracing bands like the Eagles, Stones, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac right now and hanging on like grim death to them because there is simply no music that will fill the void when they stop performing - nothing, really nothing for the past 20 years, and none coming up. U2 and Pearl Jam's music will have some viability, maybe. None of today's music will sound good 20 or 30 years from now. I do like Get Lucky, but that's because it sounds like it's straight out of the late '70s.

TIVOing the show so I can fast forward as needed later tonight. Yay Joe!

I couldn't agree more. Teens today absolutely love the artists you mention. I agree that it's simply because it was great music and there's nothing at all like it today. I feel sorry for today's kids. Graduating in 1985 I really caught the tail end of all that was wonderful in popular music. It was all down hill from there.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Beatles fans - has it been a while since Paul and Ringo played together? Because apparently he is the "special guest." Joe's still in the audience.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't think Joe is performing, but it was good to see him on the camera.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I guess I will see Joe during the Beatles tribute. Will he be part of that?

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 11:12 PM
That's what David Wild's tweets led us to believe.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2014, 11:13 PM
Well it was a great shot of him next to mrs mccartney
Maybe he is performing on the beatles special next Sunday to celebrate them coning 50 years ago

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Joe is having fun. He was trying to dance to this artist name Da Funk and Stevie Wonder.

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 11:38 PM
They showed the clip when Joe was playing with Paul at the Grammy awards years ago.

sodascouts
01-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Joe is having fun. He was trying to dance this artist name Da Funk and Stevie Wonder.

I saw that. Love it!

shunlvswx
01-26-2014, 11:47 PM
They are being very secret of who will be on the Beatles tribute on February 9th. They just gave a few names.

I really hope Joe is going to be part of it, but he probably is. It was cool to see that old clip when Joe played with Paul years ago on the Grammys.

sodascouts
01-27-2014, 12:03 AM
What the freak is up with Daft Punk not losing the lame robot outfits to accept their Grammys? Do they not know English or something? Talk about taking a gimmick too far...

Well, Lindsey Buckingham will be on soon, so it will all be worth it for me.

As far as Joe not performing... at least we got to see him stand up and dance at a concert!

sodascouts
01-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Seriously?! A mass wedding ceremony at a music awards show?! This is too lame for words!!!

Sorry, Negative Nancy strikes again, lol.

shunlvswx
01-27-2014, 12:17 AM
What the freak is up with Daft Punk not losing the lame robot outfits to accept their Grammys? Do they not know English or something? Talk about taking a gimmick too far...

Well, Lindsey Buckingham will be on soon, so it will all be worth it for me.

As far as Joe not performing... at least we got to see him stand up and dance at a concert!

It was good to see Joe there and supporting his brother in law. He got a lot of camera shots and seeing Joe dance. That was funny. LOL

We probably will see him during the Beatles special. Now I need to remember February 9th.

Freypower
01-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Beatles fans - has it been a while since Paul and Ringo played together? Because apparently he is the "special guest." Joe's still in the audience.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-and-ringo-starr-share-grammy-stage-for-rare-performance-20140126

I had to look up Rolling Stone to find out what song they did together & to confirm tht they have hardly ever played together since the split. I understand that people seem disappointed that Joe did not perform but this was about the two remaining Beatles, surely.

sodascouts
01-27-2014, 12:33 AM
It's not like they did a Beatles song. It was a new Paul McCartney song and Ringo wasn't even doing that much of the drumming; there was another drummer and drum kit tucked away next to him (you could see the other drummer when the camera pulled back). If I were a big Beatles fan, I'd be sorely disappointed at that "reunion."

I'm sure the one Feb. 9 will be a lot better.

shunlvswx
01-27-2014, 12:35 AM
I really wasn't disappointed. I knew he probably there to support Ringo and Paul.

Heck it was cool to see Joe in the audience, dancing and having a ball. He got a few camera time on camera.

sodascouts
01-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Oh my gosh, they just played ads and credits over Lindsey's performance with Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nine Inch Nails - then cut off the end of the performance entirely because they were "running overtime"!

I am so pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!

azurederav
01-27-2014, 04:28 AM
David Wild posted a couple photos of Joe backstage at Grammy rehearsals that indicate he might be performing as part of the Beatles tribute. That and Lindsey Buckingham's appearance definitely mean I'll be tuning in!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5502fe8b9d8205abd96956ceecd4c4a2/tumblr_mzzau2JkII1slk631o1_500.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/92cf5f2a966d68478018dc26dcd3d0fa/tumblr_mzzau2JkII1slk631o2_500.jpg
Hey,, bro thanks for the update

Midnight Visitor
01-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Paul and Ringo played together at Ringo's 70th b-day party in 2010. I can't believe the two of them played together and it wasn't even a Beatles song. I just hope someone captured Joe's little dance in the audience. From what you guys say that's about the only thing I need to see.

Brooke
01-27-2014, 12:28 PM
Well, funny that they showed Joe in a rehearsal but yet he didn't perform. It was great seeing him with Paul and Ringo and the wives in the audience though!

I skipped around watching the show. I just can't take some of today's 'music'! It's awful!

Those robots..........what was that?

I did like Pink's song, but if she wants to be in the circus she should do that and sing at another time.

And Katy Perry's get up (show?) was just plain weird!

I just don't get all the mess going on behind the artists that are trying to sing! I guess they have to have a show besides them singing because they aren't all that good at singing! lol Now I know some of them really can sing, but I don't need the theatrics along with it! jmo

Midnight Visitor
01-27-2014, 12:30 PM
OK, I've just seen Joe swaying in the audience. No big deal really. His smile was good at the end. Kinda boring repetitive song.

With robots! I hated that robot sound in the early 80's and nothing much has changed....

shunlvswx
01-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Those pictures of the rehearsal was probably for the Beatles special on February 9th. It was kinda strange that the same people that were in the picture with Joe sang with Ringo.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Seriously?! A mass wedding ceremony at a music awards show?! This is too lame for words!!!

Sorry, Negative Nancy strikes again, lol.

I don't disagree with you .YOu are not negative Nancy
The wedding thing was so uncalled for. :censored: I think it was wrong of the Grammys to make a political statement to that degree in the middle of an awards show.

The robot thing was getting old old old ..

I did not see but heard about running credits over Lindsay and Dave at the end and that was uncalled for as well...Its your big finale and you cant even let those iconic musicians play.

It was a waste of my time to watch it...I did love seeing carol king and Joe in the audience and McCartney and Stars performances.

It just stunk to high heaven and don't get me started about the Beyoncé and Jay Z performance
Just my opinion and just saying so don't give me the machine gun icon

ktdids
01-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Choice between recording Downton Abbey & Sherlock vs the Grammys - I have no DVR only a dvd recorder. It was a no brainer for Downton and Sherlock!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
I skipped around watching the show. I just can't take some of today's 'music'! It's awful!

Those robots..........what was that?

I did like Pink's song, but if she wants to be in the circus she should do that and sing at another time.

And Katy Perry's get up (show?) was just plain weird!

I just don't get all the mess going on behind the artists that are trying to sing! I guess they have to have a show besides them singing because they aren't all that good at singing! lol Now I know some of them really can sing, but I don't need the theatrics along with it! jmo

I totally agree with you. I really didn't get the robot thing either. I just tried to find Joe in the audience the whole time. When I couldn't stand the music, I skipped through it too. It is awful!

EagleLady
01-28-2014, 09:43 PM
I enjoyed the wedding part and I love loved Pink's circus performance. IMO A Musical Performance should be theatrical as well.