PDA

View Full Version : Another interview from Joe

sodascouts
08-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Just found this:

Joe Walsh: Mr. Rock 'n' droll

By LEN RIGHI

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/8/14/music/20070814094847&sec=music

DonFan
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks Nancy--that was a good read! Love the description of Joe as "slightly befogged"--that is perfect.

I am reeeeeeally getting pumped about the new album!

Freypower
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Love you Joe.

I was interested in the bit about Drew Carey being a football (soccer) fan. I wouldn't have thought it - he looks all Cleveland Browns to me. I wonder which team he follows?

How I would love to see At The Station & Indian Summer performed live. I love the bit in At The Station where he sings 'like a general just relieved of command'. That works really well for me.

glenneaglesfan
08-16-2007, 05:31 AM
That's great, Soda, thanks for posting. It's great to read how much he still enjoys performing. "Leading the charge..." I'd love to hear Indian Summer live as well. Much as I love him when he's rocking, his ballads are hauntingly beautiful.

JoeFan
08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Very interesting article sodascouts, Joe's personality is evident. But only two songs on the new album when it's got twenty?

Freypower
08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I hate to say this but two is about the quota that Joe and Tim get.

sodascouts
08-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I understand your disappointment, JF. It's only natural that you'd want more Joe songs. I have to admit I was surprised that every song they'd done since 2001 was on there except One Day at a Time. I liked that song! But they are doing what they think is best for the album and Joe apparently is OK with it. Maybe he hasn't felt like writing much lately, hence the inclusion of Guilty of the Crime (if that's indeed the same song as on Robocop)... we don't know. I guess we just have to take it as it comes.

The Bomber
08-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm with you JoeFan, I want more. But I'm not surprised Walsh isn't getting more songs. Like Freypower says, that's the way it's always been.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-24-2007, 10:57 PM
How I would love to see At The Station & Indian Summer performed live. I love the bit in At The Station where he sings 'like a general just relieved of command'. That works really well for me.

Trust me FP - both songs were awesome in A/C. I just loved the whole show. I seriously considered going to the show (and the M&G) in Charleston tomorrow, but with going to Atlantic City and Niagara Falls already this month, it just wasn't feasible.

I was disappointed that ODAAT is not going to be on the album as well. I'm wondering if maybe Joe didn't want want it on there. He didn't even record a studio version for the bonus CD. Maybe it's just too personal. Just a thought.

The Bomber
08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
If it was too personal, why put it on Farewell 1? Seems to me they must not think it's a strong enough song to go on the album. I don't agree with that, but it's their choice, and Walsh doesn't seem to be crying about it.