PDA

View Full Version : Joe on Grammy Salute to The Beatles Feb. 9, 2014

Midnight Visitor
01-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Here's a link to info on the Beatles tribute concert:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2547201/Paul-McCartney-Ringo-Starr-joined-Alicia-Keys-John-Mayer-Stevie-Wonder-star-studded-Beatles-tribute-concert.html

Freypower
01-28-2014, 08:47 PM
This is from Jeff Lynne's FB page about the Beatles tribute:

Jeff Lynne was among the many music icons who took the stage last night at the Los Angeles Convention Center to tape a very special Beatles tribute show, "The Night That Changed America: A Grammy Salute To The Beatles." It will air on CBS Sunday, February 9th, at 8pm, exactly 50 years to the day, date and time of The Beatles' first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show."

Jeff performs twice: With Dhani Harrison on background vocals and rhythm guitar, and Joe Walsh on lead guitar on "Something," and then again with Dave Grohl (on guitar) on "Hey, Bulldog."

EasyFeeling
01-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Joe also did While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Gary Clark Jr. and Dave Grohl on drums and and at end of the show they did Hey Jude with all guests on vocals. It is a 3 hours+ show and will be awesome... at least that's what Steve Lukather told me.

I can post the entire setlist and who did what song if anyone is interested to see.

Also tons of photos on the internet.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mbySjqF3RP0/Night+Changed+America+GRAMMY+Salute+Beatles/browse

Brooke
01-29-2014, 02:17 PM
This needs it's own thread! Miss Soda?.........

I would try, but would probably mess it all up! :lol:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks for that link, Michaela. Those pictures of Joe are incredible!!! :nod:

sodascouts
01-29-2014, 06:21 PM
This definitely needs its own topic. As soon as I get on a normal computer instead of the iPad I'm currently using, I'll move things around.

Nice to hear from you, Michaela!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
thanks for the link loving it

Brooke
01-31-2014, 02:28 PM
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-night-that-changed-america/photos/1001145/grammy-salute-to-the-beatles-cbs-com/48894/

Just saw this advertised on CBS so I looked it up. More info there and a nice pic of Joe!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Walsh/JoeBeatlesTributeFeb2014_zps6d41bdf0.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/desperado74/media/Walsh/JoeBeatlesTributeFeb2014_zps6d41bdf0.jpg.html)

Midnight Visitor
01-31-2014, 02:52 PM
So many great shots w/Gary Clark Jr.!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/454df97c1e2434d9d9f253ad8e315ee3/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/91243a37345abc86590b98d7b488d3ab/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho2_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f34c3ae88d60f5dab7545c9b03e1cb54/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho3_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/110a0d8c37f6232b75839d35616dd79f/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho4_500.jpg

shunlvswx
02-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Don't forget the Beatles tribute this Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it and seeing Joe too.

Brooke
02-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Me too, shun!

Love those pics above! Joe looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
I look on my guide and the special will be 2 and a half hours. I'm glad its that long. I was afraid they were going to cut it down to an hour. The Beatles deserve those 2 and a half hours.You can't fit an hour heck two hours worth of talent for one show.

sodascouts
02-08-2014, 04:46 PM
So many great shots w/Gary Clark Jr.!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/454df97c1e2434d9d9f253ad8e315ee3/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/91243a37345abc86590b98d7b488d3ab/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho2_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f34c3ae88d60f5dab7545c9b03e1cb54/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho3_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/110a0d8c37f6232b75839d35616dd79f/tumblr_n051ozYS4n1t11t9ho4_500.jpg

Wow!

I'll be watching and recording tomorrow night.

Brooke
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Me too!

Tonight's the night everyone!

zeldabjr
02-09-2014, 08:11 PM
what time?...what channel?

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Its about to come on in a few minutes on cbs

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Maroon 5 starting off the show.

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Great job by Jeff Lynne, Dhani Harrison and Joe Walsh.

Joe did a great job with the guitar solos.

I just saw Joe in the audience right next to Ringo.

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Joe's on. And he's singing too. He didn't sing earlier.

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Now that's how you do it. Joe brought down the house with his guitar solo. The audience was soo into it. Gary Clark Jr was good. Even thoguh I don't even know who he is. I was thinking to myself. Gary. Learn the master. This is how you do it. LOL

I was surprise Joe sang since he didn't sing Something with Jeff Lynne and Dhani Harrison.

Freypower
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Which song did Joe sing?

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Joe was having too much fun in the audience.

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Which song did Joe sing?

While My Guitar Gently Weeps. He shares lead with Gary Clark Jr on the song. Not just one line either.

Freypower
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
While My Guitar Gently Weeps. He shares lead with Gary Clark Jr on the song. Not just one line either.

Thanks. Makes sense for him to do one of George's greatest songs.

sad-cafe
02-09-2014, 11:14 PM
This is so fantastic!

Joe is the perfect one to play George's songs.

YONO OKO was having a LOT of fun. She might have been a little too high!

Midnight Visitor
02-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Happy to report that Joe is trending on Twitter right now. Go Joe! It must be great because people are going nuts from his performance. Hope someone posts it online so I get to see it.

sodascouts
02-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Just got back from an all-day trip to Memphis a lot later than I thought I would. Thank goodness I recorded it. I can't wait to watch!

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Go Joe!!! That's great for Joe. New fans for Joe.

Joe comes back out on stage with all the performers for the finale to sing Hey Jude.

WalshFan88
02-09-2014, 11:34 PM
OMG Joe's performance on While My Guitar Gently Weeps took my breath away!!!! He is a flat out guitar GOD.

sodascouts
02-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh my gosh - it didn't record! Hopefully this shows up on YouTube. So upset!

Midnight Visitor
I've never seen Joe's twitter feed go so crazy before. I just saw this statistic:

"3,619,548 people could have seen 'Joe Walsh' since its 1st mention until it became a Trending Topic."

sad-cafe
yes he is

The whole show was fantastic.

I loved Imagine Dragon and their Revolution

it was all just too fantastic.

The parallels are amazing. George/Joe Ringo/Don

Maybe in a few years they will be doing an Eagles tribute

shunlvswx
02-09-2014, 11:42 PM
OMG Joe's performance on While My Guitar Gently Weeps took my breath away!!!! He is a flat out guitar GOD.

IMO One of the best performance of the night. Yes he is. I loved his guitar solo in Something too, but its something about While My Guitar Gently Weeps that just made Joe shine more. This was the best song to show Joe's mean guitar skills.

sad-cafe
02-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Oh my gosh - it didn't record! Hopefully this shows up on YouTube. So upset!

OH NO

I hope you find it. It was fantastic

02-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Well - If there is frenzied excitement in social media about Joe's performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, it is no wonder -he was absolutely incredible. He did great on Something as well. As a big Beatles fan, I really enjoyed the entire show, but, of course, Joe was the highlight for me.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Well - If there is frenzied excitement in social media about Joe's performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, it is no wonder -he was absolutely incredible. He did great on Something as well. As a big Beatles fan, I really enjoyed the entire show, but, of course, Joe was the highlight for me.

Me too, IABAD. Other than Paul and Ringo performing, Joe was the highlight of the show.

I don't know how old Gary Clark Jr is, but when a 66 year old out plays you, you just sit back and let him. Let the master work.

Its cool that Joe is trending on Twitter. Joe probably made new fans again tonight.

It was good to see Peter Frampton too. He did some great solos when they doing Ringo segment. A friend of mines was at the taping and she was telling me on Facebook that she was telling her son that that old guy sure knows how to play the guitar! She didn't realize it was Peter. LOL

WalshFan88
02-10-2014, 12:44 AM
I was pissed off that Gary Clark Jr tried to "play over" Joe. It was disrespectful. He is well loved amongst new young guitarists but I never "got" him although I'm definitely in the minority there. But to try to drown him out was totally wrong. Still, Joe handled it a like a pro and kept on playing. I also thought that he really isn't that great compared to younger guys/new guys like Derek Trucks, Keith Urban, and heck, even John Mayer and I'm no Mayer fan. Although if I posted this on Facebook I'd have about 50 people off my list because all of them go gaga over Gary Clark Jr.

---

On another note, one band I would have loved to see on there was Aerosmith. Their cover of Come Together would have been killer. I've always loved that version and dare I say it's my favorite. Very rarely is that the case for me with covers.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 01:14 AM
I didn't know Gary Clark was outplaying Joe. I was paying more attention to Joe then him.

I really don't know who the heck this Gary Clark Jr is. You don't outplay a guitar genius who has been around longer than you, well respect and is well known. Who's trending on Twitter? I was reading more about a great job Joe did then him because who knows this guy.You should take lesson from Joe not the other way around. Who's the one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I don't think I will see him on that list.

WalshFan88
02-10-2014, 01:19 AM
I didn't know Gary Clark was outplaying Joe. I was paying more attention to Joe then him.

I really don't know who the heck this Gary Clark Jr is. You don't outplay a guitar genius who has been around longer than you, well respect and is well known. Who's trending on Twitter? I was reading more about a great job Joe did then him because who knows this guy.You should take lesson from Joe not the other way around. Who's the one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I don't think I will see him on that list.

He wasn't playing better than him, more like trying (but failing) to overshadow or be louder than Joe. He was playing over top of what Joe was doing and it wasn't cool, IMO. Maybe others didn't get that vibe but I felt it was not very cool.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 01:28 AM
He wasn't playing better than him, more like trying (but failing) to overshadow or be louder than Joe. He was playing over top of what Joe was doing and it wasn't cool, IMO. Maybe others didn't get that vibe but I felt it was not very cool.

Oh ok. I guess he wanted to come out on top. Have people like him more than Joe. The television audience probably don't know who Gary Clark, but they know who Joe Walsh is. But you never know. Joe might wanted Gary to do that. To showcase Gary's talent.

Midnight Visitor
02-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Wonder if Soda is still awake? I love him so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YYEgRPOz3E

WalshFan88
02-10-2014, 02:23 AM
But you never know. Joe might wanted Gary to do that. To showcase Gary's talent.

That's possible. It just seemed to me that it was odd because Joe was mid-solo when Gary came in way too loud and kind of drowned out Joe's last part of the solo in volume while Joe played rhythm for Gary during his first solo...

Midnight Visitor
02-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Could have been the mix on TV too. Hard to say. I don't think Gary intentionally turned up there but I hear what you're talking about.

WalshFan88
02-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Could have been the mix on TV too. Hard to say. I don't think Gary intentionally turned up there but I hear what you're talking about.

That's possible. I also didn't like the fact he launched into a solo in the middle of Joe's. If it was meant to be a twin harmony solo, it sure didn't sound like it. It sounded like they were going in opposite directions.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 03:21 AM
OK. Dave Grohl is one talented guy. He can the drums and then a mean guitar.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-10-2014, 07:17 AM

I agree with you .he was awsone

One talented guy

One tbing I don't get if EC was such good friends w george ,where was he last night.?

Tiffanny Twisted
02-10-2014, 07:19 AM
I agree with you .he was awsone

One talented guy

One tbing I don't get if EC was such good friends w george ,where was he last night.?

I am loving this dude the more I see him

I thought he was great on the sound studio dvd

Topkat
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
OMG! JOE WAS AWESOME on the Beatles 50 year Show!
Wow! While My Guitar Gently Weeps was just unreal! Loved the whole show
:headbang::headbang::headbang::rockguitar::rockgui tar:

Brooke
02-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Wow! I just thought the show was awesome! I just loved it all!

And as everyone has already said, Joe was spectacular! I don't know why this Gary Clark was even there! I don't know who he is though! Joe was just awesome! And looked fabulous, as usual these days!

I also thought Yoko was a little over the top, but I guess she's entitled....

I thought it would have been maybe even better if Dhanni Harrison would have sung a part on the song he played on.

Also, I wonder why Julian Lennon didn't perform at all? I think it would have been cool.

Midnight Visitor
02-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Fricken youtube took down the last video I posted so here it is from Vimeo. Hope Soda gets to see it!

http://vimeo.com/86292929

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, finally - thank you for that link! Oh my gosh, Freaking incredible.

02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the link, MV. It was a thrill to watch that again. I had to laugh at Marjorie - she was really getting into that performance! :grin:

Brooke
02-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Upon further investigation, I think the man standing next to Yoko was Sean Lennon rather than Julian. I had forgotten about him. :doh:

Too bad they both didn't perform.

WalshFan88
02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Not that it has anything to do with it, but Julian's relationship with John was a bit "strained"... Sean would have probably performed.

TT - Not sure why Eric didn't show up. I found that odd as well. Perhaps the Grammys people were picking everyone.

Midnight Visitor
02-10-2014, 07:30 PM
I think it's adorable that Marjorie ALWAYS gets totally into Joe's music. I've seen so many clips of her banging her head and raising her fist and it's sooooo sweet and supportive and obviously what Joe really needed. I'm so happy for him.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I just love the attention the guys are getting these last few months. Starting with Don doing Kennedy Center Honors and people all over the internet was praising his performance. The opening of the Forum and now Joe doing the Beatles tribute special. Love them or hate them, they have to admit the guys are having talent. By themselves or each other as a group.

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 09:26 PM
I've watched it several times now and I think the problem with Clark must have been a television mix issue. This was a rehearsed performance, right down to the camera angles; he and Joe would have already worked out who would be featured, and when. They would have kept to that plan unless Clark is a hugely arrogant, unprofessional jerk who suddenly decided to change the game and "improvise" over a rock legend (who also happens to be Ringo's B-I-L) during his turn to be featured. Surely he would not be that foolish - Ringo, Paul, and all the other musicians would have been disgusted with him! He would never live it down. Since it was the end of the song, I think they were supposed to be playing in tandem, although I see what Austin means about them going in different directions.

It sounds to me like the problem is that Clark was turned up louder than Joe in the mix the television audience heard - hence the problem of him drowning Joe out - but I don't think that was at Clark's request (and who would've agreed to do that for him anyway? NO ONE lol). Unfortunately for us, it means we don't get to hear Joe like we would've liked to on that part.

He still blew my mind.

And by the way, hearing Joe sing such a challenging song reminds me of how much more he can do with his voice than he gets to display at a typical show, even a solo one.

Midnight Visitor
02-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Joe says Don & Glenn really taught him how to sing. I think it shows in that clip. What a powerful voice he has. Much better now then in years gone past.

02-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I agree - he has much more control over his voice than many people give him credit for.

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Joe says Don & Glenn really taught him how to sing. I think it shows in that clip. What a powerful voice he has. Much better now then in years gone past.

I didn't know that. I think his voice has gotten better over the years. I know some think his voice annoying, but when you think of about it. He's got a nice singing voice. Like Glenn said in HOTE(and this was during the HFO era), Joe was singing better and playing better then he ever heard him play in his life since he had known Joe. And this was after he got sober. Luckily the drugs and alcohol didn't damage his voice too much.

cheryl
02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Cbs is repeating the Beatles special this Wednesday. They just advertised on the show I am watching. The time is 8:30pm.

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks again, cheryl! Hopefully the DVR works this time!

EasyFeeling
02-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Watched it yesterday, fantastic show. Joe killed it on My Guitar! Loved also most of the rest, especially Jeff Lynne and Dave Grohl on Hey Bulldog. And it was great to see two of my fave artists in the house band, Steve Lukather and Peter Frampton. Sadly they barely got any recognition, they were terrific.

And sadly they cut down the show from 3+ hours to not even 2 hours.

Brooke
02-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Watched it yesterday, fantastic show. Joe killed it on My Guitar! Loved also most of the rest, especially Jeff Lynne and Dave Grohl on Hey Bulldog. And it was great to see two of my fave artists in the house band, Steve Lukather and Peter Frampton. Sadly they barely got any recognition, they were terrific.

Ok, so was that Steve L. beside Peter F. playing most of the time? I didn't know who that was.

I thought Joe sounded fantastic on MGGW too!

sodascouts
02-11-2014, 12:46 PM

Yes, they definitely should have been recognized more.

I wonder why they cut down the show - it seems it would be a very high-ratings program for them.

shunlvswx
02-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Ringo did recognize Peter when he was about to do his guitar solo. That was the only time. I had wonder who that other guy next to Peter was.

EasyFeeling
02-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Ringo did recognize Peter when he was about to do his guitar solo. That was the only time. I had wonder who that other guy next to Peter was.

Yes, and he forgot to mention Luke LOL Strange because he is crazy about him, they are best friends and he is in his All Starr Band.
He is not so well-known in USA as a solo artist, people only know him as a band member of TOTO.

Nancy, maybe they will show more in tonight's re-broadcast. Many videos got deleted on youtube, maybe they want to save it for a DVD? Just a guess.

Brooke
02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Nancy, maybe they will show more in tonight's re-broadcast. Many videos got deleted on youtube, maybe they want to save it for a DVD? Just a guess.

THAT would be great!

EasyFeeling
02-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Absolutely Brooke :-)

I am confused with the timezones... CBS announced 8.30 PM ET/PT. The ET stands for Eastern time which means 6 hours behind Europe. PT stands for Pacific time which is LA for example, ergo 9 hours behind Europe.
So can anyone tell me the time in Germany? LOL CBS is located in New York so I assume it starts 2.30 am in the morning here. Heeeeelp LOL

sodascouts
02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
EF, I believe it will be on at 2:30 am your time, unless your channel moves it.

EasyFeeling
02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
We don't have that channel. First broadcast was also streamed online, don't know about tonight. I believe that too, 2.30. I was confused because Luke posted on his fb page 8.30 PM LA time. If if were LA time it would be 5.30 am for me. Not so important to me because I have the show already on my computer but maybe for others.

Or are they different CBS programmes in USA, every state has its own? I only know CBS is located in New York.

sodascouts
02-12-2014, 01:16 PM
It's possible different areas are showing it at different times since it's not live. This often happens so that shows get seen during "prime time" on both the east and west coasts of the USA. I know in my time zone - central - it is being aired at 7:30 PM.

EasyFeeling
02-12-2014, 01:50 PM
That explains it! Did not know about that. Usually I can figure it out but when they say ET/PT, that confused me LOL Thanks :-)

sad-cafe
02-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Soda are you watching?

I am re-watching it and loving it even more.

Zanny Kingston
02-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Just getting a chance to see this-

Joe Walsh= Guitar God!

He just keeps getting better!

sodascouts
02-13-2014, 12:14 AM
I watched it alright. Amazing!

Except... What was wrong with Johnny Depp and Sean Penn? They were acting oddly.

Brooke
02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
I watched the last hour or so again too. Got home too late to see it all.

Loved it again!

I thought Sean Penn acted weird too......

02-13-2014, 02:16 PM
I watched it alright. Amazing!

Except... What was wrong with Johnny Depp and Sean Penn? They were acting oddly.

Well - I'm not sure what was wrong with Johnny Depp and Sean Penn, except they are both kinda weird. Brilliant actors - but a little weird. :nod:

sodascouts
02-13-2014, 04:07 PM
True, but they seemed weirder than usual, especially Sean Penn. He seemed to be having trouble getting the words out - he was looking a little confused, taking long pauses in weird places - he was struggling to read the teleprompter. I hate to say it, but it seemed like he might be on something or drunk.

Or maybe he and Johnny Deep are just really bad at reading off of a teleprompter and didn't have any idea what they were supposed to say. ;)

I wonder how they chose who did the intros and who performed? Of course their friends and fam like Joe and Dhani Harrison would perform, but people like Katy Perry?

Brooke
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Did you all notice when the camera showed someone videoing with a cell phone?

It was close to the end during Hey Jude! Thought of Glenn and Don! :lol:

sodascouts
02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
I saw John Lennon's son Sean doing that - nobody's going to dare tell him to put it away!

And yes, I thought of our favorite filming-phone-phobic Eagles as well. ;)

MaryCalifornia
02-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Isn't it funny how we're all so shocked to see people taking pics and videoing at shows and not being accosted by security? My friend works in the arena in Moline where the Eagles played a couple of months ago, and last week Luke Bryan played there (embarrassed to say I have never heard of him) - she was in the front row and has a million photos of him 12 inches from her. And, my friend who saw Justin Timberlake at the Forum in between Eagles shows - same thing! Pictures! And it was allowed! So weird!

Brooke
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Country artists don't seem to care. In fact, they pretty much love it! At a Keith Urban concert I went to a few years ago he took a girl's camera that had actually gotten up on stage with him and took a selfie with her!

Anyway, back on topic, it was Sean Lennon that I saw too. And most of the people at this show were celebrities/famous. Who's gonna stop them?! :lol:

shunlvswx
02-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Majority of the concerts I've been to, cameras were ok. They usually say no flash or professional picture taking. Some people even video record even though it wasn't allowed. I guess some artists don't like to have pictures taken or recorded.

It was Sean there. Julian decided not to go.

shunlvswx
02-14-2014, 02:47 PM
I was wondering about Julian. Did he decide not to go or was he not invited?

I think he was invited, but he decided not to participate in it.

tequila girl
02-14-2014, 02:52 PM
It seems, amongst other things he was out of the country...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/julian-lennon-beatles-anniversary/

sodascouts
02-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the link. Well, I think it's safe to assume Sean wasn't recording it to show it to Julian. Characterizing the special as nothing but "a Beatles karaoke session" was a bit harsh! Ouch, Julian!

shunlvswx
02-14-2014, 09:32 PM
I read that too that he was out of town.

Does he hate his father that much. I heard John abandon him and his mother when he was a child and I know how he feels, but come on. That's a long time to still hold a grudge against your father especially when he's been dead for 33 years.

WalshFan88
02-14-2014, 09:42 PM
I never cared much for Julian's music, much preferred Sean. Julian is very bitter because of the way John treated his mother, was well as him. I don't agree with that, but I don't agree with Julian's views on much of anything, especially this. I think his charity work is good but just never much cared for him otherwise.

sad-cafe
02-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I think Julian has a stronger relationship with Paul than he ever did with his dad. Wasn't Hey Jude written for him by Paul in response to John and Cindy breaking up and Julian having to accept Yoko?

Brooke
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
I think Julian has a stronger relationship with Paul than he ever did with his dad. Wasn't Hey Jude written for him by Paul in response to John and Cindy breaking up and Julian having to accept Yoko?

Yes, this is what I read recently. I've been digging in to the Beatles lately since the show and have realized I didn't know a lot of stuff!

shunlvswx
02-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Happy 2nd Anniversary to the "The Night That Changed America: A Grammy Salute To The Beatles" special.

Here's a better video of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cy3HsrN0Vw

Mudbug
02-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Brilliant. And Jeff Lynne is so good, the BBC ran a very good doc on him a few weeks back in the UK which featured Joe.

shunlvswx
02-09-2017, 03:18 PM
3 years ago, Joe was one of the guest artist for the Grammys Salute to The Beatles. He did a great job on While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Gary Clark Jr. I think that was my favorite performance of the night.

shunlvswx
02-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Happy 4th Anniversary to Joe being part of the Grammy Salute to the Beatles special.