PDA

View Full Version : SAP Center, San Jose, CA - 1/31/2014

Woodstock
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
"Seems like a dream now it was so long ago"....the Friday concert was amazing. Some highlights for me were Witchy Woman, I love the new arrangement. This has been my favorite Eagles song since I first heard it in 1972 so I wasn't too thrilled when I first saw it on u-tube, but hearing it live I love it. I found myself looking forward to hearing it. I also like the beginning of Saturday Night...Timothy playing the harmonica....it's chilling...a really nice touch. Also this is a little odd but during ICTYW I noticed Timothy's huge shadow on the blank back screen and from the way the lights hit him it was very intriguing watching his shadow moving and the head tilts bigger than life size. The guys weren't quite as engaging on Fri. but then it was a tough crowd. The first 5/6 rows were sitting during LITFL!!! And it was also their last show before a 2 week break. But it was still a great show and as always I got a little misty during Desperado since I never know if and when I'll be at another Eagles concert, but so glad I was able to go to 3 shows in one week. One more piece of info....Timothy's bottom button was unbuttoned AGAIN (nice black and pale yellow check shirt) but no tummy action. He must leave it unbottoned so when he sits it doesn't bunch up and lays flat....or maybe he's just trying to give some of us a cheap thrill!!! I like cheap thrills:drool:

sodascouts
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the details. I had to get used to the new arrangement of Witchy Woman too but now I love it, with the exception of the abruptly clipped backing "ahs" and the missing climatic high "aaaaah" from Don.

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show WS! Pity the crwod werre so tough though!

bluefeather
02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
So stupid that audience Woodstock! I didn't know Saturday night includes Timothy's harmonica, cool, and a special thank you about the piece of information about Timothy's shirt:inlove:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks again for the review, ws, but sorry for the lame audience. It really does make the show more fun, at least for me, when the audience is into it.

And bf, Timothy actually plays the harmonica at the beginning of Doolin-Dalton rather than Saturday Night. It is awesome!

Brooke
02-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks bf! Sorry to hear the crowd was so lame! I can't imagine sitting during LITFL! :huh:

Glad you got to go though!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Some pictures. Love the last one!

http://joerussophoto.net/live-music-the-eagles-x-sap-center-x-1-29-14/

MaryCalifornia
02-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Those are great! The last one is classic. Love Timothy B's hair in the first one.

sodascouts
02-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Fantastic photos!

Houston Baby
02-04-2014, 10:04 PM
I would love to buy the fist bump one & a couple of others but the pics are $25.00 each. Yikes!

Woodstock
02-05-2014, 02:12 AM
I wanted to buy a couple also but they are a bit pricey. I may just buy one....but can't decide which.

Freypower
02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
All you have to do is right click on them & save them as jpegs & then put them in Photobucket or a similar site. I wouldn't buy hard copies of photos these days.

Zanny Kingston
02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Love the photos!! The Black and White ones are particularly striking.

sodascouts
02-05-2014, 09:22 PM
A hard copy is higher quality and a nice souvenir. I still buy them.