PDA

View Full Version : BIG album news!!

timfan
08-16-2007, 11:38 PM
At his solo show tonight Glenn had a suprise or two. He started talking about the upcoming Eagles album (confirmed to be titled Long road out of Eden). Glenn said that long awaited CD would in fact be a DOUBLE album!! TWO cd's!!! and that there would be 20 songs total on those cd's.

Glenn then proceeded to perform four songs which are slated to be on the new Eagles CD.

These were:

I love to watch a women dance

I dreamed there was no war ( a beautiful instrumental piece)

You are not alone ( a song for his teenage daughter)

No more cloudy days

I ran into Al Garth in the elevator and he told me that they had just worked on learning the new songs today!! and that up until today only Glenn had known that they were performing them tonight!

A full review will follow shortly but we wanted too share the BIG news ASAP!! :D

Maleah
08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Freypower
08-17-2007, 12:41 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!! (thanks Soda) 8)

An instrumental, eh? Interesting. Good grief. :yay: :thumbsup:

2 CDS?!!!! :band:

ILTW & NMCD? BOTH? This new You Are Not Alone thing? :censored: :fainted:

Mrs Frey
08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I am so excited I scarcely know what to do with myself! :blueblob: :yay: :D 8) Oh, TF, thank you for sharing this news with us! It must have been so wonderful to hear it from Glenn :heart: himself. I'm sure you had a great time, and I can't wait to hear all about it! I hope tonight will be even better (if that's possible!)!!! :D

I'd better get myself a passport, and save as much money as possible! The Eagles are upon us!! :fainting: (I'm fainting too, FP - please catch me before I fall! :wink: )

DonFan
08-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for telling us the big news, TF! A DOUBLE ALBUM!! Be still my heart!

Can't wait to read all of your reviews about the show last night!

glenneaglesfan
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
WHOO HOOO!!!:yay:

A double album!!!!
A firm announcement.
With Glenn doing an instrumental...<sigh>

And it will have NMCD and ILTWAWD on it - fabulous!

Thanks timfan, can't wait now for your official review, and have a great time tonight!! Love the story of you meeting Al as well!!!

EasyFeeling
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Great news, thanks TF. :D I get the chance to hear ILTWAWD, finally! 8)

tbs fanatic
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! This is so exciting :yay: :yay: :yay:

Brooke
08-18-2007, 10:53 AM
:blueblob: :yay: OMG! Wonderful news, tf! Thank you so much for letting us know!

A double album?! Incredible! And you got to hear some of the new songs!

I'm so happy for ALL of you! And can NOT wait to hear everyone's reviews! :D :D :D

Perfect Little Sister
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
OY! The waiting just might kill me. lol

Perfect Little Sister
08-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I was just over at the official Eagles site and the new album is now up for pre-order. There is an exclusive t-shirt offer with pre-order only.

Freypower
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes. Well. Unfortunately the pre-order is only available to people who live in the United States. So much for that. I saw no mention of when non US residents will be able to order it.

Perfect Little Sister
08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
FP, they are doing a drawing among the pre-orders received by Sept 21 for a pair of tix to the Nokia shows. I am assuming, and let me stress this is just my assumption, that they would open the pre-order to the world after the 21st of Sept. The reason I'm guessing at this is the "grand prize" of tix to a Nokia show include airfare from the 48 continuous states.

tbs fanatic
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
OMG - are you joking. I'm going there right now - Aaaaaaaah!

tbs fanatic
08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I've just pre-ordered it. It cost a bundle because I 'Express' ordered it, ordered T-shirt plus I got a free download of the song (which is playing now - can you hear it?). I'm in the poor house now but I don't care - Ha!

Maleah
08-20-2007, 09:20 PM
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I did the same thing TBS!!! The same exact pack......cd/t-shirt/download and express shipping.....$52 or something like that :shock: ouch but worth it :D Not like I'll win the tickets to see the guys but.....hey....I can always dream of the day that God smiled on me :lol:

Freypower
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Congratulations to you pre-orderers and yes, I guess because of the competition they can't open it outside the US yet. Thanks to eaglesband.com for sending me 2 emails (GOOD GRIEF! What sort of over-exposure is this) about the single and about the pre-order! :D

DonFan
08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I’m going to order my CD from the site, too, so we can all win the drawing and fly out to LA to see the Eagles/Chicks. (It never hurts to dream....)

I’m not much of a T-shirt wearer, so I don’t know if I will order the shirt or not.
And you know, they have had HOW LONG (pun intended) to come up with the design for this shirt, so why isn’t it ready yet? :roll:

Mrs Frey
08-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I’m going to order my CD from the site, too, so we can all win the drawing and fly out to LA to see the Eagles/Chicks. (It never hurts to dream....)

I’m not much of a T-shirt wearer, so I don’t know if I will order the shirt or not.
And you know, they have had HOW LONG (pun intended) to come up with the design for this shirt, so why isn’t it ready yet? :roll:

LOL, DF! :lol: I enjoyed your pun intended!

I envy those of you able to pre-order the album. :jealous: I can't order on the Internet anyway, as I don't have such things as credit cards (I actually prefer it that way :blush:). I just want to be able to walk into my local music store and BUY THE CD! :weep: Can you feel my pain? :weep:

Brooke
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
:laugh: Loved your pun, too, DF! And I couldn't agree more!

I think I will preorder mine too. You never know! :roll:

And I feel your pain Mrs. F and all of you outside the US who can't get theirs. :(

tbs fanatic
08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I did the same thing TBS!!! The same exact pack......cd/t-shirt/download and express shipping.....$52 or something like that :shock: ouch but worth it :D Not like I'll win the tickets to see the guys but.....hey....I can always dream of the day that God smiled on me :lol:

Great Minds think alike - Ha! It was a lot of money but I figure the chances are probably slim that I will actually get to an Eagles concert next year so what the heck. Maybe we will win the tickets :rofl: :rofl:

JoeFan
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm very chuffed that the new album is being released of course but it's a pity Joe only has two songs out of twenty according to his recent interview (thanks sodascouts for posting the article). Even worse, it appears one of them is 'Guilty of the Crime' which has already been released on the Robocop soundtrack in 1995, though I understand that the track list is not confirmed. 'Guilty of the Crime' is a good song but Joe fans want new material.

EasyFeeling
08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe we will win the tickets :rofl: :rofl:

You never know, TBS. :wink: Good luck to you all with that.

sodascouts
08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
I wanted to let you guys know that if you haven't pre-ordered yet, do so through the official store and not Walmart. Walmart apparently takes up to a week to give you your free download of "How Long" whereas you can get it immediately from the Eagles store. Here's that URL: Pre-order Eagles album from official store (http://eagleslongroadoutofeden-preorder.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=11901_11914)

tbs fanatic
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Good info. Soda. What the heck is the problem with Wal-Mart????? Aren't they supposed to be promoting all this?????

Freypower
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm very chuffed that the new album is being released of course but it's a pity Joe only has two songs out of twenty according to his recent interview (thanks sodascouts for posting the article). Even worse, it appears one of them is 'Guilty of the Crime' which has already been released on the Robocop soundtrack in 1995, though I understand that the track list is not confirmed. 'Guilty of the Crime' is a good song but Joe fans want new material.

That sounds like In The City all over again. :? Did Joe write Guilty Of The Crime? That is a disappointment. I've never heard it though.

sodascouts
08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Joe didn't write it - it was written by J.L. Williams and F. Miller.

Here is the old Robocop song:

Guilty of the Crime (http://www.joewalshonline.com/multimedia/MP3/guiltyofthecrime.mp3)

If they are indeed the same song, it will be interesting to see what changes have been made to "Eagle-ize" it.

The Bomber
08-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Jack, nice to be here and talk about the new record. I'm real excited to see the Eagles in action again.

I read what JoeFan said though and I have to agree. I've heard Guilty of the Crime before too. Damn right it's disappointing if this is one of Walsh's only two songs. But he's not the only one. How Long is a cover of a song that's 35 years old and Frey is covering I Love to Watch a Woman Dance which is also several years old. That's just two examples. Looks like the Eagles are starting to lean heavily on outside writers. I hope I'm wrong but that's what it's looking like so far.

glenneaglesfan
08-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Welcome to The Border, Jack. It's great to have you here.

It does sound as if Joe has only two songs on the album, but perhaps he makes a contribution to some of the other songs, or maybe he only meant that he wrote two of the songs. I've never heard Guilty Of the Crime, so it will be new for me and probably for many Eagles fans, as will I Love To Watch A Woman Dance, which only those priveleged to have seen one of Glenn's recent solo shows will have heard. Personally I don't have a problem if they are using other writers' material, as they have done so right from the start - Peaceful Easy Feeling, Ol' 55 for instance - great songs and as much part of the unique Eagles sound as their own. I think there will be plenty of self-penned music in a double album - we've already heard about two pieces that Glenn has written, in addition to No More Cloudy Days, and that Don has 'excelled himself' on the title track!

Mrs Frey
08-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Welcome to The Border, Jack. It's great to have you here.

It does sound as if Joe has only two songs on the album, but perhaps he makes a contribution to some of the other songs, or maybe he only meant that he wrote two of the songs. I've never heard Guilty Of the Crime, so it will be new for me and probably for many Eagles fans, as will I Love To Watch A Woman Dance, which only those priveleged to have seen one of Glenn's recent solo shows will have heard. Personally I don't have a problem if they are using other writers' material, as they have done so right from the start - Peaceful Easy Feeling, Ol' 55 for instance - great songs and as much part of the unique Eagles sound as their own. I think there will be plenty of self-penned music in a double album - we've already heard about two pieces that Glenn has written, in addition to No More Cloudy Days, and that Don has 'excelled himself' on the title track!

Welcome to the Border from me, too, Jack. I hope you will enjoy it here with us! :yay:

I must agree, however, with GEF's point of view here. I've also never heard "Guilty of the Crime" or "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance", and really look forward to hearing the songs. As for "How Long": it's never been released on an Eagles album until now, and if it had not been for the GFO download I had the privilege of accessing, I would not have known about the song, which I absolutely love. At least now it will also be on an official Eagles album, and it sounds even better than they did it in the '70s (of course, the live download version features the original members of the Eagles).

It's great when the boys write their own great material, but when they perform other writers' material as well as they do their own, it's an equal thrill for me. They are renowned as much for their unique sound as their songwriting, which includes their incomparable harmonies and virtuoso musicianship.

sodascouts
08-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Welcome Jack!

I understand your concerns, but as GEF has pointed out, we've actually heard about just as many original songs as we have covers. And as MF said, we all love the Eagles as songwriters, but they're pretty darn good at covering something and making it their own. I don't think there's cause for concern just yet. ;)

Brooke
08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
ACK! My local dj just announced playing THIO and that "this guy" will be releasing the new album with the Eagles!!!!!

I've been hoping to hear the news locally! Finally! :roll:

Freypower
08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I think though, that a valid point has been made about Guilty Of The Crime. I guess if Joe wanted to record it and the band agreed then, OK, that's it. He did sound very upbeat about his songs in that last interview. What I find strange is the exact similarity with the In The City situation (and this song is much older than In The City was), plus the fact that it is not self-written. It seems to me that after what happened with One Day At A Time (which now seems set to never be recorded by the Eagles) Joe is very wary of submitting original material.

Also despite people saying that cover versions are OK, we are now up to three. Any more and it will look ominous.

The Bomber
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Agreed, Freypower. Let's hope it stops at three.

DonFan
08-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Jack, nice to be here and talk about the new record. I'm real excited to see the Eagles in action again.

Welcome from me too, Jack. It IS exciting to see the Eagles in action again. I know this song was written by J.D. Souther, but given his long-standing history with the band, that is perfectly all right with me. He is often referred to as the fifth Eagle, anyway. The song is catchy and well done, and I love it.

The Bomber
08-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I appreciate it.

JoeFan
08-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I think though, that a valid point has been made about Guilty Of The Crime. I guess if Joe wanted to record it and the band agreed then, OK, that's it. He did sound very upbeat about his songs in that last interview. What I find strange is the exact similarity with the In The City situation (and this song is much older than In The City was), plus the fact that it is not self-written. It seems to me that after what happened with One Day At A Time (which now seems set to never be recorded by the Eagles) Joe is very wary of submitting original material.

If that were true, it would be a shame, because One Day At A Time is far better than Fast Company, and Fast Company made it on to the CD unless it is one of the songs that is dropped. I realise I am biased but I find it astonishing that One Day At A Time was not listed when Hole in the World was, unless it is also one of the songs that is dropped.

Freypower
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I wondered if anyone has noticed that the typeface of the band's name on the new album cover is the same as on The Long Run.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/Covers.jpg

Freypower
08-24-2007, 06:52 PM
And just thought I would mention that even the august BBC is getting into the act:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6960712.stm

The Bomber
08-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Hadn't noticed that. Good spot.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm a little late on this, but welcome Jack. It's great to have another Joe lover. Hope you enjoy it here on The Border.

And FP - I had noticed that as well. I'm a little surprized that they didn't use the logo that they used for F1. I guess they like mixing it up a bit.

glenneaglesfan
08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
I hadn't spotted that similarity either, FP. That BBC article is interesting. Is it actually saying that the CD is going to be available in record shops worldwide? I thought it was an exclusive deal with Walmart.

sodascouts
08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I had noticed the type font look familiar, but hadn't placed it. Sharp eyes, Freypower!

I think the BBC article might be in error about the CD "hitting record stores" unless you consider Walmart a record store, lol.

tbs fanatic
08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Why didn't the BBC show an updated picture of the Eagles??? :roll: Typical BBC.

rcknalwys
08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the link, another one I'd never heard. Welcome to the newbie. As for covering others material, I agree, they have a way of making them their own. But the more new material the better. Can't wait to order my own new cd, and yes, I'm getting the tee also!

sodascouts
08-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Just found this bulletin on MySpace:

“Long Road Out Of Eden” Outside US sales information

"Long Road Out Of Eden" will be released worldwide outside North America on Oct. 29, both physically and digitally, by Universal Music Group.

glenneaglesfan
08-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Whoo hoo, that's good news for us! Thanks, Soda!

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Very good news :D :D :D So what do I say to my aunt now? :roll: I think I better say nothing in case there are differences regarding the songs.

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
If that date is correct, you guys outside of the US will actually have the album a day ahead of America!

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Also, the video is now on the official site (in a teeny version) and on MySpace here (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16606667).

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Finally (for now), according to this article on CMT.com (http://www.cmt.com/artists/news/1567860/20070824/eagles.jhtml), "How Long" is at #44 on the country charts.

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Very cool. :D Do you think we will see the song on No. 1 soon? I'm curious...

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 11:00 AM
If that date is correct, you guys outside of the US will actually have the album a day ahead of America!

One day earlier or later... I'm happy they release it here. :D :D

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/hnum/7497393?rk=home&rsk=hitlist&page=1

rcknalwys
08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Hope to see How Long reach #1. Now that the video is getting some air play, I'll bet it starts moving up. Not everyone is as plugged in to all the Eagles news like we are. Thanks to all of you that feed our addictions!!!

The Bomber
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
#1? I don't see it.. but who knows?

Perfect Little Sister
08-27-2007, 11:49 AM

One day earlier or later... I'm happy they release it here. :D :D

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/hnum/7497393?rk=home&rsk=hitlist&page=1

This is interesting. At the first show in Niagara, Glenn was talking about the release date and said the new album would be out "October twenty-ni...excuse me, Oct 30th". I found it interesting at the time that he got the date "wrong".

sodascouts
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Billboard has put out the final tracklisting!

Disc one:
"No More Walks in the Wood"
"How Long"
"Busy Being Fabulous"
"What Do I Do With My Heart"
"Guilty of the Crime"
"I Don't Want To Hear Anymore"
"Waiting in the Weeds"
"No More Cloudy Days"
"Fast Company"
"Do Something"
"You Are Not Alone"

Disc two:
"Long Road Out of Eden"
"I Dreamed There Was No War"
"Somebody"
"Frail Grasp on the Big Picture"
"Last Good Time in Town"
"I Love To Watch a Woman Dance"
"Business As Usual"
"Center of the Universe"
"It's Your World Now"

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003632207

DonFan
08-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, I am glad to see the final list. Interesting that Billboard listed some of the times--"the 7-minute Waiting in the Weeds and the 10-minute title cut."

Freypower
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Seems that it's Hotel California & The Last Resort revisited for Mr Henley, eh? I assume that Waiting In The Weeds is his.

Which one is Glenn's Rocker? :P (not counting How Long). Seriously, if he doesn't have another uptempo vocal I will begin to despair.

The Bomber
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Looks like the songs that got knocked off were Hole in the world and Long Road Out Of Eden Part 2. No big losses there. Looks like we're going to really get a nice big bang for our buck.

sodascouts
08-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Just got this on MySpace:

Attention International Fans!

Long Road Out Of Eden will be available for pre-order on eaglesband.com, very soon!

JoeFan
08-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Splendid!

sodascouts
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
This article has a good photo of Glenn from 2003, but also a weird bit about "snarky message boards"!

"The Eagles Fly Again" - InRich.com (http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/entertainment.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-08-30-0038.html)

The Bomber
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
This is something somebody suggested we do before but I didn't. But now that the track list is final and I'm bored I think I will. That is: guess which is who's. Not counting the fact that some might be co-writes.

The ones we know
How Long: Souther: sung by Henley/Frey
Fast Company: Henley/Frey
Long Road Out of Eden: Henley
Do Something: Schmit/Henley
You Are Not Alone: Frey
No More Cloudy Days: Frey
I Dreamed There Was No War: Frey
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance: McNally, sung by Frey

The one we probably know
Guilty of the Crime: Miller, sung by Walsh

Which probably leaves Walsh with one more, Schmit with one more, and Frey with about three and Henley with about six, maybe.

My guesses
"No More Walks in the Wood": Henley, a Thoreau thing
"Busy Being Fabulous": Frey, he seems to be busy being fabulous
"What Do I Do With My Heart": Frey, because he likes lost love songs
"I Don't Want To Hear Anymore":Henley, because it sounds like a whiner
"Waiting in the Weeds": Henley, because it sounds brainy

"Somebody": Schmit, because he probably has something on the second disc and this sounds like a ballad
"Frail Grasp on the Big Picture":Henley, because I've heard him use "Frail" before
"Last Good Time in Town":Walsh, because he doesn't have any more wild times
"Business As Usual":Henley, sounds like criticism of companies
"Center of the Universe": Frey, because he's due for something at this point
"It's Your World Now":Henley, sounds all "message"

sodascouts
09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, I have no idea Bomber, but your guesses seem as good as any.

BTW, does anyone else think it might be "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" instead of "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore"? One just wants the person to shut up, the other wishes for deafness, lol.

Freypower
09-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't dare speculate on writing credits because of the number of covers we already have. So I'll speculate on lead vocals instead.

My email from eaglesband.com lists the title of 'I Don't Want to Hear ANYMORE' as one word, not two.

Somebody sounds like Tim to me. Frail Grasp On The Big Picture sounds like Henley, as do Busy Being Fabulous and Centre Of The Universe, and Waiting In The Weeds. This leaves Walsh with Business As Usual and Frey presumably with What Do I Do and I Don't Want To Hear. It also means that yet again Frey's songs are probably all ballads with not an ounce of social comment in sight. I wish Busy Being Fabulous was Frey, Jack. It sounds right but I don't think so.

We're guessing here. If Walsh does Last Good Time, then he has three lead vocals, not two, if BAU is his. I really don't know what to make of all this.

NB if you can't remember Henley's use of 'frail' it's in Teenage Jail. 8)

JoeFan
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
We're guessing here. If Walsh does Last Good Time, then he has three lead vocals, not two, if BAU is his. I really don't know what to make of all this.

Why do you think Business as Usual in particular is his?

sodascouts
09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
My email from eaglesband.com lists the title of 'I Don't Want to Hear ANYMORE' as one word, not two.

As do they all. I was suggesting there might be a mistake in the track listing that was released to the public by the band's press office. Where do you think Billboard got it from? All it takes is a mistake in the original and all the others are also wrong.

But then again perhaps the song is about some guy wanting to lose his hearing. Maybe it's a protest song where he's so sick of what he hears on the news and from people around him that he wants to be entirely deaf.

Or it could be like Fleetwood Mac's "Skies the Limit" where it is not the correct usage in the title (the lyrics of the chorus are: "The sky's the limit now") but nobody cares.

zermie
09-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Wasn't "business as usual" an ending rant on Don's "Workin' It" from IJ ?

Molly
09-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Don't know if you meant for these to be humerous, but anyway, thanks for the laugh it gave me!

What made you choose the word fabulous? It's that shiny silver suit, isn't it? :wink:

sodascouts
09-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Wasn't "business as usual" an ending rant on Don's "Workin' It" from IJ ?

I had forgotten that, but you're right. Hmmm!

Freypower
09-02-2007, 11:40 PM

No reason at all. It is more likely to be Henley. I just thought Joe might occasionally shrug his shoulders and use such a phrase. The song that uses it in a very striking manner is Peter Gabriel's Biko.

The other thing is that Henley will probably have a long dramatic ballad where he gets to stand down the front. So maybe What Do I Do With My Heart is his.

I hope we will all get a big laugh out of all this seeing how wrong we were. We've made so many assumptions. I mean just once why couldn't Tim sing a song with a title like Frail Grasp? Why do people assume songs with titles like that must be Henley's? Because of his track record...

09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Well - the speculating is interesting. It sounds like you all are making some pretty good guesses on these as far as who could be doing the lead vocals. It'll be interesting to see how close you are when the album comes out.

As far as the songwriting credits, I think Steuart Smith is also credited on Do Something. In addition, I don't think we know for sure about the songwriting credits for The Long Road Out of Eden. I would be very surprised if Don has a lone credit. He almost always has a collaborator. Even if he wrote most of the words. I'm thinking it's probable that someone else assisted with the music and/or arrangement.

Freypower
09-02-2007, 11:58 PM
I hope Don's songs were written with Glenn, but I really would rather not try to guess that.

JoeFan
09-03-2007, 02:42 AM

No reason at all. It is more likely to be Henley. I just thought Joe might occasionally shrug his shoulders and use such a phrase. The song that uses it in a very striking manner is Peter Gabriel's Biko.

Oh, I got the wrong impression, I thought maybe you had read something.

Glennsallnighter
09-03-2007, 04:15 AM

Woo HOO HOO!

Mrs Frey
09-03-2007, 06:20 AM
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed everyone's insight into guessing which songs will be sung by who on The Eagles' new album. Jack, I found your insight rather amusing at times, and clever! :laugh:

For my part, though, I'd rather just wait to hear the album, and let the boys' new sounds surprise me... :D I'm really looking forward to it!

Miss Ghost
09-03-2007, 05:34 PM

I don't understand this comment, Don doesn't even like "whiners," just listen to Get Over It.

DonFan
09-03-2007, 06:33 PM

I don't understand this comment, Don doesn't even like "whiners," just listen to Get Over It.

Thank you Miss Ghost--I didn't understand Bomber's comment either.

The Bomber
09-03-2007, 06:57 PM

Don't know if you meant for these to be humerous, but anyway, thanks for the laugh it gave me!

What made you choose the word fabulous? It's that shiny silver suit, isn't it? :wink:

Yeah, I was trying to be funny, guess not everybody got the joke looks like.

I just get the impression from the Farewell 1 DVD and other interviews that Glenn likes the living the "fabulous life", golfing whenever you want, taking time off whenever you want, having fine wines, wearing fancy suits that shine, haha. Again just joking, not meant to offend.

The Bomber
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
As far as the songwriting credits, I think Steuart Smith is also credited on Do Something. In addition, I don't think we know for sure about the songwriting credits for The Long Road Out of Eden. I would be very surprised if Don has a lone credit. He almost always has a collaborator. Even if he wrote most of the words. I'm thinking it's probable that someone else assisted with the music and/or arrangement.

I wasn't trying to guess co-writing credits. That would be way to hard. I was just guessing who sang what. Sorry about missing Smith but I was doing it from the top of my head.

The Bomber
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Just kidding girls... don't get upset now. I like Henley. He's a smart dude and he sings good. He just complains a lot.

sodascouts
09-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm hesitant to guess about who does what because I imagine I'll be wrong more than I'm right!

Perfect Little Sister
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm just counting down the days...rather impatiently. :laugh:

Miss Ghost
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM

Just kidding girls... don't get upset now. I like Henley. He's a smart dude and he sings good. He just complains a lot.

I'm not upset, I just didn't understand the comment. I don't think he complains a lot, but he does speak up when he sees injustice. I think that's really something to admire.

I don't want to make a bad impression on everyone, I know I'm new, I don't want to come off as argumentative, it's just my opinion.

Freypower
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I just get the impression from the Farewell 1 DVD and other interviews that Glenn likes the living the "fabulous life", golfing whenever you want, taking time off whenever you want, having fine wines, wearing fancy suits that shine, haha. Again just joking, not meant to offend.

I thought I'd comment on this, and I know you didn't mean to offend. Although Glenn is a very wealthy man and does indeed play golf and wear expensive suits and drinks Dom Perignon regularly, you don't see him in all the gossip columns parading around. He's 'quietly rich'.

When he did write a song along these lines, Big Life from Strange Weather, he did insert a few hidden barbs about his own lifestyle (the references to Aspen, LA and Hawaii). But he said he was aiming the song at people like George Steinbrenner and Donald Trump.

This is where I shake my head and like everyone else, wonder who wrote this particular track.

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm not upset, I just didn't understand the comment. I don't think he complains a lot, but he does speak up when he sees injustice. I think that's really something to admire.

I don't want to make a bad impression on everyone, I know I'm new, I don't want to come off as argumentative, it's just my opinion.

It's OK, feel free to express your opinions even if you're new. I don't think you'll find anyone jumping down your throat. ;)

Don's passion for helping others is indeed admirable.

Molly
09-05-2007, 08:14 AM

It's OK, feel free to express your opinions even if you're new. I don't think you'll find anyone jumping down your throat. ;)

Don's passion for helping others is indeed admirable.

Soda's totally right, Miss Ghost. I don't think anyone here thinks any of the Eagles are perfect so debates and opinions are bound to happen.

Whining probably isn't the word best used to describe Don, anyway. He's opinionated and out-spoken about things he feels strongly about (and that's his right) and sometimes comes off as kind of a grump (I suppose at 60 years of age-that's also his right)-but whining isn't something he seems to take part in.

I'm standing by the fabulous Glenn comment, though! :twisted:

09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree that this is a place where we should all feel free to express our opinions and have a good time regardless of how long you've been a member of the board. Even if we don't always agree, as long as everyone is respectful of one another, it's all good. I think The Bomber's comments were meant to be funny, and I got a good laugh from them. I appreciate a good sense of humor. Now, if someone seriously tries to diss Don, Glenn, Joe, or Timothy, I'd be all over them. :wink:

DonFan
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not upset with you either, Bomber. :wink: We all have our own opinions and that is exactly the way it should be.

Don is a "smart dude" as you put it, and I don't think he complains any more than anyone--he is just able to put his to music so that they get heard.

The Bomber
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not upset with you either, Bomber. :wink: We all have our own opinions and that is exactly the way it should be.

Don is a "smart dude" as you put it, and I don't think he complains any more than anyone--he is just able to put his to music so that they get heard.

No argument here! :)

SweetHolly
09-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm just counting down the days...rather impatiently. :laugh:
Me too. :lol:

Miss Ghost
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM

No argument here! :)

No argument from me eiter. :)

Brooke
09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
I ordered the cd set and the t shirt yesterday! What the heck! :D

sodascouts
09-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I did too! Why not go all the way? ;)

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I want to go all the way too! I hope us 'outsiders' can get the T-shirt as well as the cd when it becomes available to order.

Maleah
09-15-2007, 10:50 PM
So I was just looking at my receipt from my walmart purchase today.......on the very bottom of the receipt it says:

"Wal-Mart exclusive Eagles CD available October 30th!"

I thought it was kind of funny :D Has anyone else noticed that on their receipts? Or is it just something that is up here? lol

SweetHolly
09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
I haven't noticed that yet Maleah but I'll keep my eyes open for it. :D

sodascouts
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
News for International Fans - check it out! I'd post all the links here, but it's easier just to redirect to the front page:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com

Perfect Little Sister
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Yay!!

Freypower
09-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Amazon has two versions. The Deluxe Edition includes PCHFC and HITW. But the 'standard' version is 'copy protected'. I don't know if this version will play in all CD players. So I cancelled the Deluxe Edition order. I don't know what to do now.

The official site states that the link to international retailers is only to order the single. Although the band's MySpace page gives these retailers for pre-orders of the album, the Australian ones are not yet showing the album.

glenneaglesfan
09-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Wow, thanks for that, Soda. I've just looked at Amazon.co.uk and they have the copy-protected version for pre-order. Like you, FP, I'm a bit wary. I presume you can play it in your cd player but not rip it to your computer. That means it won't be possible to transfer it to your own iPod, doesn't it?

Does this mean we international fans don't get the chance to order the t-shirt either?

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 01:31 PM
If so, GEF, it appears it won't be as part of a package with the album.

Interesting that the CD is copy-protected, yet the album is also being sold in downloadable form. Surely they don't believe people are going to buy two versions of their album! It is a mentality like that which encourages people to find work-arounds. And they always find them. There is no copy protection software some geek somewhere around the world can't crack.

Freypower
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I am hoping that eaglesband.com will offer the CD for sale to international buyers shortly. I think it's strange that they have put up a link to 'pre-order' from iTunes when there is no such thing. I want a hard copy which I can play in the car. If I then have to buy the iTunes tracks I will do so, but I'd rather not. And I'm not buying a 'deluxe' CD with a song that is almost 30 years old on it. Perhaps that was part of the Felder settlement. :?

And as for sanity.com.au, the album is not listed, so why have they linked to the site?

glenneaglesfan
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes, I saw that too. Maybe sloppiness on the behalf of the designated site, but doesn't bode well. Amazon.co.k have the album and the deluxe version - it seems difficult to understand why getting Hole In The World and Please Come Home For Christmas justify a hike up of £8, especially as they are both on VBOTE.

As an international fan, I want to order the t-shirt deal like my American friends can. Eagles media people, take note!

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes GEF I agree. It should be easy enough for me to order either version through Amazon.co.uk, but again like FP I want a version I can either play in the car or copy to the ipod. And of course I want the T-Shirt as well.

Again, Eagles Media people take note!!

JoeFan
09-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Surely the American version will be copy-protected as well?

Mrs Frey
09-28-2007, 06:34 AM
As an international fan, I want to order the t-shirt deal like my American friends can. Eagles media people, take note!

Absolutely, GEF! I couldn't agree with you more.

glenneaglesfan
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Joefan, I think you are right. Maybe copy-protection is more common in the USA and therefore doesn't merit specific comment. I wonder if the downloadable version will also be protected.

Perfect Little Sister
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Last year I bought Jackson Browne's VBO and it was copyright protected. Luckily I have a teenager who was able to do a work around for me as I don't use my original CDs in the car.

glenneaglesfan
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, PLS. With two canny teenagers of my own, maybe I can get them on the case!

sodascouts
09-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah, a little research can show you the way.

JF - you're right. It would be completely nonsensical to copy-protect the overseas versions and not the American ones. As far as the downloadable versions go... if it's like the Walmart downloads, those are easy schmeezy to workaround and copy. Not that I would do so except to get a CD to play in my car.

DonFan
09-28-2007, 11:25 PM
The Eagles apparently are sending advance copies of the new album to reviewers, and here is the Billboard review. It is very favorable, which makes me even more excited to hear the whole album!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BILLBOARD.COM
September 28, 2007, 3:25 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
Fans who have waited since 1979 for a new studio album from the Eagles surely won't be disappointed with "Long Road Out of Eden," which arrives Oct. 30. The two-disc set, which will be available exclusively at Wal-Mart in North America, bears the Eagles Recording Co. imprint.

The album features a wealth of Don Henley/Glenn Frey co-writes and a broad palette of musical styles most representative of the band's "Hotel California" and "The Long Run" eras, a mix of lengthy set pieces and more Cali-rock, radio-oriented gems. The set, which opens with the gentle but foreboding harmony-fest "No More Walks in the Wood," is part social commentary, part examination of the human condition and part re-introduction of the band via new and powerful songs.

Disc one primarily serves as the latter. Debut single "How Long," a J.D. Souther original, maintains an easy-rolling "Already Gone" vibe, but gives little indication of the strength of the material to follow. "Busy Being Fabulous" is a mid-tempo twanger featuring the familiar Henley vitriol, and the percussive "What Do I Do with my Heart" boasts an earnest Frey vocal and a gorgeous, swirling bridge.

Joe Walsh is the featured vocalist on the piano-driven, chugging boogie "Guilty of the Crime," followed by Timothy B. Schmit on the sweeping, rhythmic Paul Carrack ballad "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore." Frey's "No More Cloudy Days," a melancholy but ultimately optimistic midtempo, is already familiar to concertgoers, and Frey's "You Are Not Alone" closes out the side.

But the showstoppers are "Fast Company," which has a "Those Shoes" feel and some killer horns, the call-to-action ballad "Do Something," with steel guitar and loads of harmony, and "Waiting in the Weeds," an acoustic-based ballad featuring a brilliant Henley lyric, vibrant imagery, haunting instrumentation and well-crafted vocal arrangements.

Disc two begins with the 10-plus minute epic title cut, an apocalyptic cautionary tale that blends desert imagery, spiritual overtones and wry observations on consumerism.

The Frey instrumental "I Dreamed There Was No War" (which recalls, oddly, "Battle Hymn of the Republic") is followed the spooky, paranoid rocker "Somebody." Next up is another American body-blow in "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture," an adventurous funk-rock powerhouse with biting takes on religion, journalism ("dead and gone," according to the Eagles), sex, money and politics.

Walsh's "Last Good Time in Town" is an infectious (even danceable) romp, while Frey's warm vocals drive home the pure romance of the acoustic waltz "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. But soon it's back to biting with the pulsing rocker "Business As Usual." The vaguely Beatles-esque "Center of the Universe" offers observant perspective on enduring love, and Frey wraps the set with the bittersweet "It's Your World Now."

"I thought I'd be above it all by now, in some country garden in the shade," Henley sings on "Center of the Universe." As this album demonstrates, the Eagles are clearly not ready to kick back in the shade.

Maleah
09-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow! This leaves me EXTREMELY excited to hear the new album! I'm very excited to hear ALL the tracks.......but their description...here...

"and "Waiting in the Weeds," an acoustic-based ballad featuring a brilliant Henley lyric, vibrant imagery, haunting instrumentation and well-crafted vocal arrangements. "

....leaves me very intrigued as to what exactly the song is about. On the other hand.....this description.........

..."Next up is another American body-blow in "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture," an adventurous funk-rock powerhouse with biting takes on religion, journalism ("dead and gone," according to the Eagles), sex, money and politics. "

....leaves me a little nervous as to this song. lol Granted, I don't care for the term "religion".......but considering myself a Christian.....I'm a little nervous to hear just how "biting" it is :lol: But excited none the less!!

I can't wait to hear the rockers! I noticed they didn't say who sang 2 or 3 of the rockers.......maybe we can hold out hope for a rocker for each of them?

EasyFeeling
09-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for posting that album review, DF. :D Sounds we can look forward to an awesome new album. :D Still 1 month...

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Thanks for that DF. It all sounds fantastic. Looks like we have a real treat in store for us. I for one can't wait! :D

sodascouts
09-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on that review, DF. I found it fascinating. It makes me even more excited for the new album!

sodascouts
09-29-2007, 12:59 PM
..."Next up is another American body-blow in "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture," an adventurous funk-rock powerhouse with biting takes on religion, journalism ("dead and gone," according to the Eagles), sex, money and politics. "

....leaves me a little nervous as to this song. lol Granted, I don't care for the term "religion".......but considering myself a Christian.....I'm a little nervous to hear just how "biting" it is :lol: But excited none the less!!

Well, I think we should be prepared for that. The irony is that in the past at least, Don hasn't seemed to understand that when he condemns the spiritual beliefs of others, he is being just as intolerant as those he criticizes. While I hope that his stance nowadays is more tolerant of those who disagree with him - and if so I applaud him - I'm also prepared for the opposite. One can always press that "skip" button if it becomes really ugly and offensive, and enjoy his other work despite it. You know, like people do when they enjoy the more inoffensive songs of rap artists who also sing about killing policemen and knocking around women.

JoeFan
09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Looks like Joe only has two songs, oh well, I guess that's to be expected. Looking forward to them, even if one of them we've heard before. Thanks for posting this review DonFan, I love coming to the board and reading these things, I never can seem to find them myself. It is quite exciting as we get closer to the release date to read more and more details.

SweetHolly
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm so excited about the new album.

sodascouts
09-29-2007, 11:30 PM
So, with the new info, here's the vocal allocation:

No More Walks in the Woods - ?
How Long – Glenn and Don
Busy Being Fabulous - Don
What Do I Do with My Heart - Glenn
Guilty of the Crime - Joe
I Don't Want to Hear Any More - Tim
Waiting in the Weeds - Don
No More Cloudy Days - Glenn
Fast Company – Don (with Glenn)
Do Something – Tim (with Don)
You Are Not Alone - Glenn
Long Road Out of Eden - Don
I Dreamed There Was No War - instrumental
Somebody - ?
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - ?
Last Good Time in Town - Joe
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance - Glenn
Business As Usual - ?
Center of the Universe - Don
It's Your World Now - Glenn

Freypower
09-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I imagine that all the rockers with the biting lyrics are sung by Don. So yet again Glenn does all ballads and no social comment. I should be used to this, I guess. :?

sodascouts
09-30-2007, 12:21 AM
"Somebody" might very well be Glenn. I don't know, of course.

Freypower
09-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Something else worth noting is that for the first time EVER on an Eagles album, Glenn sings the final track.

SweetHolly
09-30-2007, 12:42 AM
That's neat that Glenn will be singing the final track!

glenneaglesfan
09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow, that's a tantalising review! Thanks for posting it, DF. It's especially good to hear about the Henley/Frey songwriting. I too can't wait!

09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
"Somebody" might very well be Glenn. I don't know, of course.

I was thinking the same thing Soda. Especially when you look at the way they are alternating the order of the vocals on the album. There also may be another song with shared vocals between Don and Glenn somewhere in the mix here.

I, too, was thrilled to hear that there are indeed some Henley/Frey collaborations here just for the symbolism of unity it infers. However, in all honesty, I'm one of those that really doesn't care how old the songs are, who wrote them, or anything else as long as they are good songs.

SweetHolly
09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
When I was looking through the advertisments that come every Sunday in the Dallas Morning News, I was flipping through Wal-Mart's ad today and they had about the new Eagles album would be available on October 30 and that GH 1971-1975 and HC are available for $9.72.

Freypower
09-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm also delighted at the apparent decent number of Henley-Frey songs. I can see that Joe and especially Tim fans may be disappointed. Yet again Tim has to sing a Paul Carrack ballad.

I love the title of What Do I Do With My Heart. :blush:

Whenever I play Civilization and it asks me do I want to see the Big Picture, I think 'do I have a Frail Grasp on the Big Picture'?!

By the way just getting back to the copy protection, should I go ahead and order a copy protected CD and then just buy the iTunes songs too?

tbsfan
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Yet again Tim has to sing a Paul Carrack ballad.

What's wrong with that? I'd rather they do something (no pun intended :)) Timothy wrote himself, ballad or no, and was hoping someone else would be singing the Carrack song, essentially to see how people would judge the song if someone else sang it. On the other hand, Carrack isn't a hack and they had quite a bit of success with the first song of his they recorded. Maybe we should wait until we hear these songs before judging them. That's what I'm doing. At this point, I'll be happy if it isn't a country-flavored song. Frankly, having read the lyrics to I Love To Watch A Woman Dance, I'm not impressed at all but hope that once I hear it my mind will be changed.

Since Timothy apparently only has one of his own songs on the CD it makes me look more forward to his next solo project.

The Bomber
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Looks like I got about half of the leads right, at least. Glad I didn't lay odds.

sodascouts
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
FP - perhaps you should go ahead and pre-order it, if the only thing holding you back is the copy-protection aspect. But as I said before, there are probably workarounds which will enable us to put these songs on our iPods as well.

As far as Carrack goes, I see it as similar to all the times Glenn turned to Tempchin and Don turned to Kortchmar. If the work is good and Tim feels like it fits him, why not do it? However, I'm sure many Tim fans would agree that they would prefer two original songs.

tbsfan
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Good comparison, SodaScouts.

FP - perhaps you should go ahead and pre-order it, if the only thing holding you back is the copy-protection aspect. But as I said before, there are probably workarounds which will enable us to put these songs on our iPods as well.
In the US if you pre-order the CD from the Eagles' official site, you get the download of the CD free on the release date. Is this not the case outside the States? (Forgive me if this has been covered before.)

sodascouts
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought it was just the download of How Long that was free, and that you had to pay separately for a "downloadable version."

tbsfan
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought it was just the download of How Long that was free, and that you had to pay separately for a "downloadable version."
Since I've had so much going on lately, I could be completely wrong about that, so just disregard. Sorry if I misled anyone.

sodascouts
10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Since I've had so much going on lately, I could be completely wrong about that, so just disregard. Sorry if I misled anyone.

It's very confusing, so don't feel bad. All these downloads!

Freypower
10-01-2007, 08:34 PM
As yet, people outside the US cannot order the album from the official site.

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2007, 05:18 AM
And unfortunately I got an email from them to say they don't intend changing that situation in the forseeable future. :( There is Amazon tho' :). I was also thinking it might be possible to make a t-shirt very similar to the one on offer by printing the pic onto T-shirt paper and ironing it onto a plain one. Not what I'd normally do and not authentic.....but it might do until we can get the real thing???

Brooke
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm wondering....I ordered the cd and got the free download of HL. I downloaded it and burnt to cd on one computer and then tried to copy the cd to another computer and it came up with wierd stuff on it. Like the computer couldn't determine what or who it was. It did actually download and it is the song, but now in my itunes folder on the other computer it is listed as "Track 1" and unknown artist. :?

sodascouts
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
You can change song info in iTunes, if that annoys you.

Brooke
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
So, I guess I forgot to ask, did I do something wrong?

sodascouts
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
No, you're fine. It's just that on a burnt CD, since it's not "official", there is nothing to tell the CD reader what CD it is or who sings it... that information is on the original CD.

As long you're able to copy the track, there's no problem.

sodascouts
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Don recently gave an interview where he talks about the album in depth:

http://www.kscs.com/sectional.asp?id=8553

Turns out it was Glenn's idea to record How Long (no surprise there) and that the cover was designed by Don. There are lots of other interesting facts here too. Give it a listen!

(Thanks to Dana for the heads-up - and Google alerts too, of course. lol)

SweetHolly
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Awesome. It was a station here in Dallas. 8)

glenneaglesfan
10-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Very cool. Thanks DF and Soda!

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanks for posting the Don interview link, Soda, and thanks for the research, DF! I haven't managed to listen to the whole interview yet, as it stop-starts all the time, so I'm just downloading it! :D

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 06:30 AM
SH, I just wanted to say that I LOVE your new signature! Don's eyes look so gentle and blue and gorgeous there... :smitten: (oops, don't tell my husband - Mr Frey - I said that! :blush: )

DonFan
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
That really was a good interview. I LOVE listening to Don--he is very open and talkative, a GREAT interview. It was funny how he got a little annoyed at the young girl from Rolling Stone who obviously hadn't done her homework about the Eagles since HFO. The Eagles/RS rivalry continues..... :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I was driving home today listening to the radio, thinking how nice it would be to hear some Eagles, when the very next announcement was for "a great song from the Eagles"! He then went on to mention the new album. First time I've heard anything about it on the radio over here. I was really hoping he was going to play How Long, but it was Hotel California - good anyway!

Brooke
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Last night I was snooping around in my local Wal-Mart's music department. I noticed there were no Eagles advertisements out anywhere about the new album, so I asked one of the department employees about it. He said that they rarely got any kind of promotional stuff there. I said, "Really, and Wal-Mart is backing them, but they aren't promoting them?" Drat! I wanted to ask him if they would let me have some of it! :roll:

I thought that was strange. Do you think he was just putting me off? I didn't notice any other posters or flyers around either. :?

SweetHolly
10-05-2007, 11:39 PM
SH, I just wanted to say that I LOVE your new signature! Don's eyes look so gentle and blue and gorgeous there... :smitten: (oops, don't tell my husband - Mr Frey - I said that! :blush: )
Aww thanks. I believe it's one Maleah made. I love Don's blue eyes. They're just so peaceful looking. I won't tell Glenn. It'll be our little secret. :wink:

SweetHolly
10-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Last night I was snooping around in my local Wal-Mart's music department. I noticed there were no Eagles advertisements out anywhere about the new album, so I asked one of the department employees about it. He said that they rarely got any kind of promotional stuff there. I said, "Really, and Wal-Mart is backing them, but they aren't promoting them?" Drat! I wanted to ask him if they would let me have some of it! :roll:

I thought that was strange. Do you think he was just putting me off? I didn't notice any other posters or flyers around either. :?
I was at Wally-world earlier this evening. While in the music department I noticed they seemed to be promoting it. I was totally pukin', cause I was so excited. :lol:

Maleah
10-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I was visiting Walmart.com and seeing if they had any preview up yet and they don't have any up for most...........but they do for "Last Good Time in Town" and it's a Joe song!! I love the guitar!

Maleah
10-06-2007, 02:18 PM

I was at Wally-world earlier this evening. While in the music department I noticed they seemed to be promoting it. I was totally pukin', cause I was so excited. :lol:

That's really strange Brooke...like Holly's walmart....we're promoting it! We're starting to get little banners that are going up as headers and footers on different displays. We're also keeping a large supply of the other Eagles cd and box set. Supposedly next week we're supposed to be getting those cardboard pieces that go over the detectors at the front of the store (you know, the ones that promote a movie release or a really big music release). I would assume that about 2 weeks before the release we would be hit hard with a lot of promotional stuff. I'm hoping they give us some buttons or something to wear as well. Like when the playstation 3 was released we got lanyards and bumper stickers and buttons, posters, all that jazz...........that would be so cool with the Eagles! :D

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I was visiting Walmart.com and seeing if they had any preview up yet and they don't have any up for most...........but they do for "Last Good Time in Town" and it's a Joe song!! I love the guitar!

I can't access it! Is anyone else having a problem? When I click on "preview" I just get an automated message that it's not available.

Maleah
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I couldn't access any of the other songs. Just kept hearing the "preview is not available" message. I only got it for the one song. I don't know what's going on :?

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
What, there were more songs? Which ones?

I want to hear them! :brickwall: :enraged: :cuss:

Maleah
10-06-2007, 05:17 PM
:lol: :lol: Well sure there were more songs on the track listing ;) Every now and then I just go to the Walmart page and click on the little sound button just to see if they've given us anything. I meant that I only got a sound clip from one of them. All the rest had the preview is not available for this product message.

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Ah, sorry. I'm still frustrated though! lol

Maleah
10-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't blame you! If it helps (or hurts :lol: ) Joe sounded great! Kind of had a different/unique beat to the song but I loved his guitar work in the bit I could hear.

Maleah
10-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Speaking of the song, the beat almost kind of reminds me of a latin song....with the guitar sounding kind of bluesy. The lines you hear are.....

"I like to go out every now and then
I can't wait to do it again
But I....." (and it fades out then)

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the info, Maleah! It'll have to last as I still can't hear it. I even tried restarting my computer and clearing my cache. No luck. :(

Maleah
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
:( I'm sorry you can't hear it. I even went to their myspace page to see if maybe they had a clip of it there....but no luck :(

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
OK, after clearing not only the cache but the browser history, I was able to hear Last Good Time in Town... FINALLY! It's certainly different... I'll reserve judgment until I hear the whole track.

Edited to add: The more I listen to it the more I like it.

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
OK, I also am able to hear Long Road Out of Eden! I can only hear the instrumental though, not any lyrics, and it sounds like Middle Eastern music. I hope the track's not all like that for its 10+ minutes. I got enough of Middle Eastern music when I lived in Saudi Arabia.

Maleah
10-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Same here, the more i listened to Joe's song......the more I liked it!

Now it's my turn to be frustrated because now I can't hear ANY of them! lol

SweetHolly
10-06-2007, 09:34 PM

That's really strange Brooke...like Holly's walmart....we're promoting it! We're starting to get little banners that are going up as headers and footers on different displays. We're also keeping a large supply of the other Eagles cd and box set. Supposedly next week we're supposed to be getting those cardboard pieces that go over the detectors at the front of the store (you know, the ones that promote a movie release or a really big music release). I would assume that about 2 weeks before the release we would be hit hard with a lot of promotional stuff. I'm hoping they give us some buttons or something to wear as well. Like when the playstation 3 was released we got lanyards and bumper stickers and buttons, posters, all that jazz...........that would be so cool with the Eagles! :D
Very cool Maleah! I'm getting so excited right now! :D

Freypower
10-07-2007, 12:08 AM
OK, I also am able to hear Long Road Out of Eden! I can only hear the instrumental though, not any lyrics, and it sounds like Middle Eastern music. I hope the track's not all like that for its 10+ minutes. I got enough of Middle Eastern music when I lived in Saudi Arabia.

There may be a lot of people who aren't so familiar with this type of music who may find it challenging and interesting. I am glad the band is trying something different, musically.

I'm not going to try and listen because it appears others have had problems. I'm happy to wait now.

EasyFeeling
10-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I've just listened to these 3 songs. I'm not sure about this instrumental song. I was surprised to hear a funky song and I really like it. As for the Timmy song... hmmm... sounds similar to Do Something.

The Bomber
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I can't hear them either. Is there any way for someone to download them and post them here?

sodascouts
10-07-2007, 02:22 PM
OK, I temporarily put them on my server for those of you who can't hear them:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com

Brooke
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Soda.

Hmmmmm. That instrumental one......I can't imagine that coming from the Eagles, just from the clip!

I think I'll reserve judgement on all of them till I hear the whole thing! :D

10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah - I can't get them on the Wal-mart site either. Thanks Soda for putting these up - and I think I have to reserve judgment, too. It is impossible for me judge a 10-minute song based on a 30-second instrumental clip. I wish they would put a clip up of I Dreamed There Was No War. I am anxious to hear if the recording sounds as beautiful as it did live.

Maleah
10-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks Soda!

Let's see here...............

I liked Timmy's song. Kind of has a hint of a bluesy beat to it.

DON'T like the instrumental Arabian style music. Not a fan of that style at all and I'm REALLY hoping that the entire song isn't like that.

As I stated before, I like Joe's song as well. It does sound very Santana-ish so far.

The odd thing is, and it worries me a little, I can't really imagine any of these songs being performed live except How Long.

sodascouts
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
The odd thing is, and it worries me a little, I can't really imagine any of these songs being performed live except How Long.

I hadn't thought of that, and you're right. I bet you "Guilty of the Crime" will be done live, though. Joe's done it live before. A 10-minute slow song like Long Road Out of Eden appears to be would be absolutely excruciating live, no matter how good it is.

Freypower
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I haven't heard LROOE but there seems to be a lot of pre-judging here based on a) its length, b) you haven't heard any vocals c) it sounds Middle Eastern.

Give it a chance. I suspect that it will turn out to be one of the band's best ever songs and that they will perform it live. How could they not? It's the centrepiece of the album.

Edit: OK, I listened. You cannot judge LROOE on that. It reminds me of HC with a bit of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir thrown in. Again I say, kudos to them for trying something that sounds so different.

I'm so pleased to hear Tim sing something more uptempo. I liked what I heard. As for Joe's I wasn't so sure. Give it time.

sodascouts
10-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I haven't heard LROOE but there seems to be a lot of pre-judging here based on a) its length, b) you haven't heard any vocals c) it sounds Middle Eastern.

Give it a chance. I suspect that it will turn out to be one of the band's best ever songs and that they will perform it live. How could they not? It's the centrepiece of the album.

Edit: OK, I listened. You cannot judge LROOE on that. It reminds me of HC with a bit of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir thrown in. Again I say, kudos to them for trying something that sounds so different.

I'm so pleased to hear Tim sing something more uptempo. I liked what I heard. As for Joe's I wasn't so sure. Give it time.

Oh, don't worry, I'll wait to make my judgment on its quality when I hear it in its entirety.

However, my estimation that it won't be performed live is not meant to be a quality judgment. It maybe be their "centerpiece," but they don't always perform the title track live. They didn't do so for On the Border. Get Over It, which was hyped as the big single for HFO, was dropped after the first leg.

IMHO, the chances are very slim that they will attempt that live for several considerations. 1) Its length is that of two songs, which means an extra song would have to be dropped to accommodate its addition, or one less new song 2) It appears to be instrumentally hard to recreate live 3) It's hard enough to interest concertgoers in new music; the last thing they want to hear is a 10-minute "ponderous" song. If a song is long in concert, it needs to rock - an extended guitar solo or something like that. Otherwise a third of your audience will take the opportunity to go to the bathroom or buy a beer.

If they do it live, I imagine it will be edited down and arranged differently to be more concert-friendly, and that it would probably be dropped before the tour is out.

I guess we'll see! I may very well be absolutely wrong!

The Bomber
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
THanks, interesting clips, no way to tell by such short clips if the song is good but theyre fun to listen to anyway.

Glenn's Girl
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Thank you SOOOO much for posting these, I haven't been able to hear any of them!

Maleah
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm not saying that LROOE won't be a good song, I expect it to be fabulous. I'm also not saying that I won't give it a chance, I'm excited to hear it! I'm glad the guys are branching out a bit too. However, it's a personal taste that I don't care for the style of music that it starts out with and I hope the entire song is not that way. I'm sure there will be some people who love it. It's only a personal opinion that I don't care for it. But I have no doubt that lyrically it will be fantastic.....probably one of the very best they've written!

*edited to add*
On a side note, I don't expect the entire song to be that style. It sounds to me like what we're hearing is the beginning/intro. Kind of gives it a creepy HC feel to it, like you mentioned FP

JoeFan
10-08-2007, 05:18 AM
I can't hear them on Walmart.com either, seems more people can't hear them than can, anyway thanks for posting them SodaScouts. I like Tim's song well enough, and I'm excited about Joe's, I like that it's different, wonder if it'll be another song about sobriety. I must say I am unimpressed with that Long Road Out of Eden Instrumental bit, hopefully it won't be like that throughout.

tbs fanatic
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Okay - I was in Wal-Mart today and they had a big Eagles display up - woohoo! All the albums plus big signs about the new album and how you had better order yours right now :D FINALLY my local Wal-Mart wakes up :roll: :D

glenneaglesfan
10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Cool news that Amazon now have a download of How Long available, and here is the first customer review of the album. (Where did he get the album from?)

A long but very enjoyable road out of Eden..., 11 Oct 2007
By Mr. William J. Lavin "Will" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

When you think of the Eagles, you think of classic rock, you think of the open highway, and of course you think about 'Hotel California'. Add to these thoughts, 120 million album sales worldwide, four #1 U.S. singles and four Grammy Awards. These guys really are the stuff legends are made of.
Returning to the airwaves with their first full studio album in 28 years, Glen, Don, Joe and Timothy are offering their fans a taste of refreshing experimentation. While the group continue to belt out records full of emotion, with a power ballad-esque edge, they also take the opportunity to play with instruments and subject matters that they perhaps wouldn't have done before.
Other than greatest hits collections, the history of 2-disc sets has never been that solid - due mainly to the spreading of the album's better cuts amongst a mass of fillers. But with `Long Road Out Of Eden' there's no trouble of this happening. It's a solid effort from start to finish.
While disc one offers some atmospherically supple tracks with delicate instrumentation, it is in fact disc two that will hit the heads and hearts of Eagles fans everywhere. The album's title track offers a ten minute journey through some tantalizing woodwind and guitar playing, merged with an Arabic backdrop. Still on a softly -tinged tip, `Center Of The Universe' is a relaxing answer to a hard day at the office. Light vocals combined with some on-point production make the track a definite `one to watch'.
On the opening disc, tracks like `No More Walks In The Wood' and `I Don't Want To Hear Any More' continue to walk the same path as the other lightly-baked Eagles songs, but it's the upbeat energy heard on `Fast Company' and `Guilty Of The Crime' that lift the tempo of the album for a moment. With no reason to use the skip button, disc one is a good representation of where the Eagles and rock music in general should be.
While some of it sounds country and other parts play with the contemporary rock sound, `Long Road Out Of Eden' is a slice of good old fashion rock designed to get you up, lay you down and most certainly rekindle your love of feel-good music.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VXUWCC/ref=s9_asin_image_1/203-7052585-4249528?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Y8Z234NMQM758JMR0H6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=139046091&pf_rd_i=468294

Freypower
10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Does he like Disc One? Disc Two? It's very vague. I want SPECIFICS. All this 'lightly baked' stuff... .what does that mean?

I just wish I knew who sang lead on the other songs. I'm just getting impatient, I guess.

Fast Company is 'upbeat'? :? It's midtempo at best. There must be a couple of rock songs on this album that we don't know about yet.

Sexy Girl
10-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks for posting that review, GEF.

It's nice to see that the critics really like that album - though probably we will like it even more :D

Mrs Frey
10-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Mmmm, GEF, that's a nice review. Thanks for posting it! :D Oh, I can't wait to hear the new album! I'm very excited.

Perfect Little Sister
10-12-2007, 11:49 AM
This is going to be the longest couple weeks of my life. lol I want this album already!!! :pace:

Brooke
10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Lightly baked?! :hmm: I'm with you Fp, what does that mean?

I'm glad to read the positive review, too.

I've been listening to those clips again and I'm thinking.....country? Not! None of them sound anything like any of the country songs being played today. I thought HL was country, but even it doesn't sound like anything else in that genre! Is it just me? :?

EasyFeeling
10-13-2007, 05:39 AM
How Long sounds a bit country IMO. Incomparable with songs from country singers like Kenny Chesney etc. but it has these country elements.
Actually this song has been discussed in a German country forum and like here not everyone had agreed.
I don't care if it's country or not as long as I love it. :)

Brooke
10-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I don't care whether it's country or not either, but it seems they have talked about doing some country and have aligned themselves with the Dixie Chicks (who were country until country music kicked them out! (I haven't heard their (DC's) new stuff though.) So far, I don't hear it. :?

Maleah
10-13-2007, 11:08 PM
....... and have aligned themselves with the Dixie Chicks (who were country until country music kicked them out!......

Don't get me started Brooke! :lol:

Perfect Little Sister
10-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I keep seeing people saying that the Eagles sound country. The thing is...country music today sounds like Eagles music. I was listening to country music back in the 70's and it sounded nothing like today's sound. The Eagles are a big reason that country music sounds the way it does. There's much more of a rock influence to today's country than there used to be. Country was very...well...honky tonk. Much more twang. The Eagles (and others like them) influenced what we hear from today's artists. But then, what the industry calls R&B today isn't what I consider R&B either. Oh Lord, I'm showing my age! lol

Freypower
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
For what it's worth here is an updated vocal listing:

Disc one:
"No More Walks in the Wood" DON
"How Long" GLENN/DON
"Busy Being Fabulous" DON
"What Do I Do With My Heart" GLENN
"Guilty of the Crime" JOE
"I Don't Want To Hear Anymore" TIM
"Waiting in the Weeds" DON
"No More Cloudy Days" GLENN
"Fast Company" DON
"Do Something" TIM/DON
"You Are Not Alone" GLENN

Disc two:
"Long Road Out of Eden" DON
"I Dreamed There Was No War" GF instrumental
"Somebody" ?
"Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" ? probably DON
"Last Good Time in Town" JOE
"I Love To Watch a Woman Dance" GLENN
"Business As Usual" DON
"Center of the Universe" DON
"It's Your World Now" GLENN

This is fairly evenly distributed between Glenn & Don. If there is any consistency Somebody will be sung by Glenn.

Maleah
10-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I keep seeing people saying that the Eagles sound country. The thing is...country music today sounds like Eagles music. I was listening to country music back in the 70's and it sounded nothing like today's sound. The Eagles are a big reason that country music sounds the way it does. There's much more of a rock influence to today's country than there used to be. Country was very...well...honky tonk. Much more twang. The Eagles (and others like them) influenced what we hear from today's artists. But then, what the industry calls R&B today isn't what I consider R&B either. Oh Lord, I'm showing my age! lol

I would have to agree. Really none of the music now days is very deep in its "roots." So don't worry about showing your age! lol I'm 24 and I completely agree!

Brooke
10-17-2007, 10:38 AM
So, has anyone been notified of their win to the Nokia show yet? Evidently it wasn't me. :weep:

Maleah
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Me neither Brooke :cry:

Perfect Little Sister
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
So, has anyone been notified of their win to the Nokia show yet? Evidently it wasn't me. :weep:

I'm sure they're just having trouble contacting me. :P

DonFan
10-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Hope springs eternal.....

DonFan
10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Rolling Stone magazine weighs in on the new album:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Long Road Out of Eden," the ten-minute centerpiece of this two-CD, twenty-song album, epitomizes everything that is familiar, surprising, overstretched and, in many ways, right about the entire set. The song echoes the title hit of 1976's Hotel California, the Eagles' defining monument to mirage, money and no escape. But this time the desert is overseas and oil is the new champagne. When drummer Don Henley sings, "Now we're driving dazed and drunk" in a grainy, plaintive voice, it is an entire nation at the wheel, "bloated with entitlement, loaded on propaganda."

That is brassy censure from a band that, in the Seventies, embodied Hollywood vainglory, shining its klieg-light guitars and vocals on the low roads through high living with an often wicked insight that only comes from knowing each mile intimately. But there is a potent restraint to "Long Road Out of Eden," in the bleak, hollow mix of acoustic guitar and electric piano in the verses and the overcast sigh of the harmonies. There is empathy, too, for the soldier on night patrol, with dirty work to do and everything to lose. "I'm not counting on tomorrow/And I can't tell wrong from right," Henley sings. "But I'd give anything to be there in your arms tonight." That's not self-interest -- just the purest need.

The resemblance in title between this album and the Eagles' last studio record, 1979's The Long Run, is no coincidence. Henley and singer-guitarist Glenn Frey, the band's surviving founders, have always written and sung about asphalt and distance —: getting as far from responsibility as possible, crawling home, bruised and maybe wiser, when the fun runs out. And making Long Road Out of Eden was a protracted haul in itself. Henley, Frey, guitarist Joe Walsh and singer-bassist Timothy B. Schmit reportedly worked on the album for six years, and the Topanga-country gallop "How Long" goes back much further. Written by veteran compadre J.D. Souther, it is a previously unrecorded relic of the group's early-Seventies live sets.

But the Eagles' original studio albums were all models of clenched-gleam detail, and Long Road suffers from sprawl. "Center of the Universe" makes the most of its bare bones -- the circular-staircase effect of the guitars -- and "Waiting in the Weeds" lets the lyrics carry the impatience ("I heard some wise man say that every dog will have his day/He never mentioned that these dog days get so long"). But Schmit's sweetly sung spotlights are Eighties-ballad sugar. Walsh's "Last Good Time in Town" is a wry cantina-swing sequel to "Life in the Fast Lane" -- staying home apparently is the new going out -- and he cuts through the salsa-lounge grooming with James Gang-era guitar. Seven minutes, though, is a long time to sing about doing fuck-all.

Henley and Frey still find easy pickings in bad behavior. In "Fast Company," Frey affects a Prince-like falsetto over a chilled-funk stroll, playing an old-timer who can't even remember the action he used to get. "Busy Being Fabulous" is classic Eagles saloon-band shine about an errant filly, except this one is a mom who can't tell the difference between raising kids and being one. And Henley may be having a grim laugh at the Eagles' own expense in the materialist rant "Business as Usual": "A barrel of monkeys, a band of renown/But business as usual is breakin' me down."

Nothing, of course, is business as usual in the music industry, and the Eagles, now running their own label, have chosen Wal-Mart as the album's exclusive retailer. There is an inevitable contradiction in buying a record that attacks corporate greed and blind consumerism in songs like "Do Something" and "Frail Grasp of the Big Picture" from a superchain with a bleak record on employee rights and health care. But Long Road Out of Eden is available direct at Eaglesband.com for $11.88, a bargain even with the misfires -- and worth it for the title song alone.

BY DAVID FRICKE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In "Fast Company," Frey affects a Prince-like falsetto..." ? ? ?
Get your singers straight, David.

Perfect Little Sister
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
:laugh: I like your comment DF. Thank you for posting that. I so want this album. NOW!

Freypower
10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Glaring error: It's Don who sings the falsetto in FC, not Glenn (oh OK DF, I see your comment now but I'm leaving mine in). :wink:

This is OK by Rolling Stone's standards, but taking the above error into account, Glenn's songs are ignored. Apparently if you write songs about your children and relationships they are not 'important'. While I am used to this stale predictability it still disheartens me to think that critics think only Don's lyrics are worthy of examination. It is not as easy as people think to write more straightforward, emotional lyrics as Glenn does.

Maleah
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM
You can hear some clips again on Walmart.com! The ones I could hear were:

Busy Being Fabulous (a verse! I LOOOOOOOVE it!!!!)

What Do I Do With My Heart (gorgeous!)

I Don't Want To Hear Anymore (A little more upbeat for Timmy! Love it! I hope they don't get rid of I Can't Tell You Why for him though)

LROOE (still the beginning)

Last Good Time in Town (same clip)

(I keep listening to Busy Being Fabulous over and over again!)

Maleah
10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Double post! Oops! :D I'm still listening to Busy Being fabulous though! ;)

sodascouts
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the tip Maleah! I put it up on the front page!

timfan
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I hope they don't get rid of I Can't Tell You Why for him though)

I don't believe they will drop ICTYW as it was a hit off the Long Run album and is seen as an Eagles staple song. If they were were going to drop one of Tim's songs I would think IMO that it would be LWKUA. JMO of course :)

Maleah
10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
I figured the same TF, but when I saw that they didn't play it for the nokia show.......I panicked slightly ;)

10-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Well - I just finished listening to Part 1 of the Capital Gold interview. It was awesome. I love all the songs. I know, I know - big shocker there! :wink: I recorded the interview in .wav file format - I never could figure out how to record it in mp3 even though I thought I had selected that option.

Edited to add: Anyway, the quality is not that great, so I'm hoping someone else managed to get better quality sound. If not, at least what I have is better than nothing. Anyway, they are playing the songs in order, so here's what they've played so far:

No More Walks in the Woods
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
I Love To Watch A Woman Dance
Somebody
Guilty of the Crime

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I recorded it as mp3 and I'm just emailing the file to Nancy. Guess it takes a while. :wink: Not sure about the quality because my PC speakers are not the best.
I'm uploading the file to another site so everyone would be able to download it. But it still says... please wait. :roll:

10-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Cool EF - Hope you got pretty good sound on yours. I can't figure out why mine are in .wav format. I don't know if the quality would be any better as mp3's or not. I'll wait until you upload yours, and see if it's better.

BTW - I just saw yours and Brooke's comments over in another thread. I was going to comment on each song, but I'll wait until you upload them and give others a chance to listen.

Maleah
11-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I thought I'd post the People magazine review of the cd. They give it 3 out of 4 stars.

"It's been 28 years since the Eagles last released an album of new material, and now they've reemerged with a double disc (available only at their web site, Walmart and Sams Club) that makes it feel just like 1976. With their trademark harmonies and soft-rock style, they still have a breezy, ever-so-easy way with a pop song, making Eden glide by smoothly. The band twangs it up on country-flavored cuts like the first single "How Long," while also venturing into blues-rock ("Guilty of the Crime") and Steely Dan-esque jazz-pop ("Frail Grasp on the Big Picture"). The latter, one of Eden's topical tunes, shows that even though their sound may be stuck in the '70s, their social concerns are in the here and now

DOWNLOAD THIS: "Busy Being Fabulous," a witty, efortlessly cathy ditty."