PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Member

Pink Champagne
02-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Hello Everyone! I am a New Kid to you but I have been reading this board since the tour began in July 2013 so I feel like I know all of you. I decided it was time to register and introduce myself to this amazing group. I am a new fan as I am one of those that discovered the Eagles after watching the documentary (which my husband recorded but we didn’t watch until May). I fell in love and then lost my virginity at the Pittsburgh show in July. Not the greatest seats since we purchased so late but it was a thrill just to be there.

I am getting my Masters Degree so I don’t know if I will ever have the time to post but please know that I am with you in spirit. Besides, most of my knowledge of the Eagles has come from this board lol! My husband bought me a couple of books but between work and school, I have not had time to read them. I’m not very computer savvy in the social sense so I don’t know if this will even post correctly. I borrowed an avatar from one of your lists so I hope I am not copying anyone – please let me know if I should switch.

sodascouts
02-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome, Pink Champagne! I know what you mean about grad school sucking away your time. I got my PhD a few years ago and I feel like my twenties were sucked into a vortex of endless literary criticism, lol, as I spent no less than eight years total earning my master's (2 years) and PhD (6 years) in English. We're glad to have you on board regardless of how much time you spend!

WalshFan88
02-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Welcome!

bluefeather
02-16-2014, 07:01 PM
welcome Pink Champagne, I like your name:partytime:

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome PS! Your avatar is lovely and really suits your name. Hope you get even a little time to post. Your husband sounds like he knows you well!

Jane B.
02-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Welcome, Pink Champagne! I saw the Eagles for the first time last Sept. at the Seattle show and now I'm hooked! Nice to have you here!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi, PC, welcome! As you've probably read, I was at the Pittsburgh show myself, very glad to be back in the land of Black and Gold for the day. Do you live in the Pgh area, if you don't mind me asking? I hope you make some time to post now and then, it's a good break when you need it.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Welcome from me too, PC. Glad you found us and hope you will find some time to post. Glad you like the board - it's a good place to be if you want to know stuff about the Eagles ... that's for sure. Enjoy!

Witchy Woman
02-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Welcome, PC !!

Houston Baby
02-17-2014, 12:38 AM
WELCOME PC!!!

Glad you decided to join! It is a great place with lots of info & discussion of the Eagles. I like your intro - sweet!

Islander canuck
02-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Welcome!!:)

Brooke
02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Welcome from me, too, PC! Love your name and hope you can find time to join in!

Sounds like your husband 'gets it', too!

Pink Champagne
02-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so lovingly calls it.

VA - yes, I do live in the Pittsburgh area. I assume you are originally from here? I was sorry to read about your issues at the Pittsburgh show. But, I was happy to see a fellow Pens fan on board! Don't know if you have been able to see any games at the Consol Arena. It may not be the greatest for concerts but it sure is an awesome place to watch hockey!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so lovingly calls it.

VA - yes, I do live in the Pittsburgh area. I assume you are originally from here? I was sorry to read about your issues at the Pittsburgh show. But, I was happy to see a fellow Pens fan on board! Don't know if you have been able to see any games at the Consol Arena. It may not be the greatest for concerts but it sure is an awesome place to watch hockey!

I've only been there twice, Eagles this past summer and Seger in 2011, but yes, I was awed by how it would be a fantastic hockey arena! In the last 30 years, I've only seen the Pens when they played in DC. Now that I live in KY, well, thank God for Center Ice.

I grew up in Somerset, but I went to school "dahntahn" and lived on the "nore side" (Allegheny Center) back when it was still new.

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2014, 05:24 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I guess you figured out my favorite color is pink haha! Not so sure my husband "gets it" as much as he just puts up with it - my "Eagles obsession" as he so call it !

Similar here! My husband just let's me get on with it.

MaryCalifornia
02-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi Pink Champagne! OK, I'm a little slow on the uptake, and I thought you were telling us that you literally lost your virginity at the Eagles show! I was like, wow, this gal likes to partayyyy!

You've definitely got the fever, and some serious PEW! Welcome. Hopefully we'll all get to see another show on this tour.

Pink Champagne
02-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Oh my gosh - that is so funny!! Guess I should have clarified that it was my Eagles virginity hahahahahaha!! I'm sure most can remember the euphoria of seeing them for the first time. It is definitely a feeling that has stuck with me. I would love to see them again!

VA - I'm pretty sure I was at the Seger show you mentioned. Was it around Thanksgiving and he performed "Little Drummer Boy"? I know it sounds corny but that is one of my favorite Christmas songs and I was so elated to see him do it live! Love your references to the Pittsburgh accent - even though I feel it is not me but the rest of the world that has an accent lol!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Yes, that's the concert I attended!! He said it was the first he'd ever done it live. It was a great concert, even though I sat so far back I never actually saw him!

Yes, the rest of the country does have a strange accent an'at.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh my gosh - that is so funny!! Guess I should have clarified that it was my Eagles virginity hahahahahaha!! I'm sure most can remember the euphoria of seeing them for the first time. It is definitely a feeling that has stuck with me. I would love to see them again

Oh I'm with you PC! I know exactly what you mean, and replicated the first time I saw Glenn :heart: do a solo live show. Definitely Euphoria! I was on cloud 9 for ages afterwards.