PDA

View Full Version : MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - 2/16/14

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Some tweets:
The Eagles didnt want any phones out during the concert. People got kicked out for takin pics and textin. I only got 1 picture of Joe Walsh.

High praise indeed:
The Eagles concert was even better than the Britney concert

The Eagles concert was the best one I've been to by far. 10 times better than the new music today, AND THEYRE STILL ROCKIN!!!!

Eagles concert was outstanding...3 1/2 hours...some left early...felt kinda like a Rebels home game

Elizasong
02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Wow! They are really cracking down. Good to hear they are still putting on a great show.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
A little blurry...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/16_1_zps7c2341b6.jpg

shunlvswx
02-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Hmm I wonder if that's 7BR.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 08:13 PM
No, I don't think so, they aren't doing 7BR on this tour. Maybe Heartache Tonight? I can't remember where they all stand for Pretty Maids All in a Row...it might be that one. Bernie's not on stage and the keyboard is set up for ICTYW and NKIT.

shunlvswx
02-17-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't think its HT because Timothy is usually clapping when they start singing the song.

Unless it changed, doesn't Don usually play drums on PMIAR.

Maybe they added 7BR back into the setlist after they did it at the Forum.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-17-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't think its HT because Timothy is usually clapping when they start singing the song.

Unless it changed, doesn't Don usually play drums on PMIAR.

Maybe they added 7BR back into the setlist after they did it at the Forum.

I don't know for sure, of course, but since they only did it at one show for the Forum and not the others, I really doubt they brought it back. Maybe I just don't want to believe it's possible and then have my hopes crushed next week when they don't play it!

Timmy has his guitar behind him, like maybe he had been clapping. I honestly can't remember if Don's on drums for PMAIAR. When I saw the picture, my first thought was HT.

shunlvswx
02-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Maybe they did add it back VA. Never say never. Sending good vibes.

I watched a video from the Forum and Timothy did have his bass behind him on 7BR. He has his bass in front of him on HT. I notice Glen holding his finger to his ear. It must be a song he has to really listen careful to everybody.

I'm looking online for videos from this weekend.

Wait. Did I read those tweets that said the show was 3 and 1/2 hours. Wow!! They had to add some songs or the show really wasn't 3 and a half hours.

sodascouts
02-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Oh gosh, I'm afraid to hope they might have decided to include 7BR/How Long. I guess we'll know after the Houston show when our Houstonian Borderers report back...

MaryCalifornia
02-18-2014, 02:09 AM
When I first looked at the pic I immediately thought NKIT because it looks like Glenn is pushing in his ear monitor, which is what he did on the high note on that song when I saw them - it was very noticeable and it was the only time I noticed him doing that. But I would think Timothy would be playing at that point, and I don't know if in that song Don is out front and no Steuart in spot, so I guess I'm not much help.

I'm enjoying the mystery, I hope someone can answer definitively. I really like this pic.

The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking 7BR. Maybe they weren't happy with it in LA, and practiced and put it back in...maybe someone on Twitter can tweet at someone who posted from the show and ask?

bluefeather
02-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Looks like 7BR to me, I wish!:pray::shrug:

Freypower
02-18-2014, 05:46 PM
When I first looked at the pic I immediately thought NKIT because it looks like Glenn is pushing in his ear monitor, which is what he did on the high note on that song when I saw them - it was very noticeable and it was the only time I noticed him doing that. But I would think Timothy would be playing at that point, and I don't know if in that song Don is out front and no Steuart in spot, so I guess I'm not much help.

I'm enjoying the mystery, I hope someone can answer definitively. I really like this pic.

The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking 7BR. Maybe they weren't happy with it in LA, and practiced and put it back in...maybe someone on Twitter can tweet at someone who posted from the show and ask?

Don plays drums on NKIT. It must be 7BR.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm still not convinced they've added it back, I'm cynical like that. What about PMAIAR?

Freypower
02-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Don plays drums on PMAIAR, doesn't he?

What song besides 7BR does Tim have his bass slung at his side like that?

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Don plays drums on PMAIAR, doesn't he?

What song besides 7BR does Tim have his bass slung at his side like that?

I have no idea where Don is on PMAIAR, I can't remember! Unless I'm front row center, there's always 20 people returning from intermission and trying to get in my row and blocking my view.

As for other songs, he swings it back like that at the beginning of HT. The new version is more acoustic. For the version of 7BR they did in LA, they had Steuart in the spotlight as well, but maybe not until after the first verse when the guitar kicked in.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it is back. I'll probably cry or something stupid like that, but I do hope it's back.

TimFan222
02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
This is my first time posting so here goes. I was at both shows in Vegas. This song is HT. The show was the exact same show as they have been doing all tour Sunday was my 11th show on this tour.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
This is my first time posting so here goes. I was at both shows in Vegas. This song is HT. The show was the exact same show as they have been doing all tour Sunday was my 11th show on this tour.

Wow, TF222!!! Thanks for the info!!! 11 shows, eh? I love it! Welcome to the Border! I can see you are gonna fit right in...

Ive always been a dreamer
02-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Welcome from me too, TimFan222. And I also thank you for the info. As much as I'd love to have the 7BR and How Long encore added back, I would have been very surprised. But, I'm also very surprised that the guys performed the full-length show in Vegas ... delighted, but surprised! :yay:

MaryCalifornia
02-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Yay, TF222!! Thank you! Bring yourself and your 11 shows over in to the TBS threads and tell us some good things - see you there.:wave:

sodascouts
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM

Welcome! Thanks for the info as well. I'm not surprised that they're not doing 7BR, but I am disappointed.

I'd love to hear more about these shows...

SilverMoon
02-19-2014, 10:57 PM
A little blurry...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/16_1_zps7c2341b6.jpg

They’re probably doing 7BR, but the photo is from the November 17th, 2012 concert in Las Vegas.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SavedPhotos-g811830-i53222774-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Well - that can't be right either because they didn't perform 7BR at the 1/17 show in L.A. The only show it was performed at was the first show on 1/15. Maybe they just got the date wrong. I don't remember if these are the clothes they wore for the 1/15 show, but I'll head over to the concert thread to see if there are any pictures posted.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-19-2014, 11:23 PM
11/2012? that's not what the tweet said! Somebody is trying to pass off a fake picture since they couldn't take one themselves!

Thanks for heads up!!

sodascouts
02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Dreamer, as SM's link shows, it's from the November 17 show, not the January 17 show.

02-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Oh :doh:- Nevermind!

sad-cafe
02-20-2014, 11:38 PM
we saw them in October and 7BR was sorely missed.

hubby also was disappointed that they didn't do Hole in the World

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2014, 05:27 AM

Wow TF222. 11 shows is amazing. And wonderful! Welcome to the Border. Please stick around and post more of your experiences!