PDA

View Full Version : Joe at Illinois State Fair

Brooke
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Here's an article about Joe's performance Saturday night from the Springfield Journal-Register:

http://www.sj-r.com/Entertainment/stories/14291.asp

This part about Joe in particular:

Joe Walsh might have sold the fewest tickets so far of any Illinois State Fair Grandstand act. But if the freewheeling disposition of the journeyman rock guitarist, best known as a member of the Eagles, is any indication, he'll just be playin' it play by play.

With a deep chest of solo and band material, Walsh, 59, will have plenty to noodle when he gets to the Grandstand on Saturday.

On his own, he has "Ordinary Average Guy," "Life's Been Good," "Rocky Mountain Way" and "A Life of Illusion" as memorable hits. Early in his career, the James Gang's "Funk #49" birthed the instantly recognizable rambling opening guitar riff.

He is best known for his work as a member of the Eagles. As the band sought a more-rocking sound following guitarist departures, Walsh joined in 1976. On "Hotel California," he co-wrote "Life in the Fast Lane." On the Eagles' last studio album, 1979's "The Long Run," Walsh co-wrote "In the City."

He's also played with the band on its myriad recent reunion tours, employing a helmet-cam for crowd shots to be projected onto jumbo screens behind him. Walsh is hitting Illinois after a stop in Michigan last night, and before Friday night's performance at the Iowa State Fair.

JoeFan
08-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for posting that, pity that Joe hasn't sold better.

The Bomber
08-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I was at this show. It was great.

glenneaglesfan
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Very cool that you got there, Bomber. We'd love to have your review.

The Bomber
08-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm not real good at giving reviews. I can tell you that I enjoyed myself and that Walsh kicked ass on the guitar!

JoeFan
08-27-2007, 04:55 AM
I know I've said this before, but how I wish I could go!