PDA

View Full Version : America Airlines Ctr, Dallas, TX - 2/19/14

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Just read the tweets from last night. There were two people who actually went to the bathroom during the concert so they could use their phones and tweet. Obviously completely addicted, and kind of sad IMO. One person complained about not being able to stand up and dance, another said it was the first concert they'd ever sat down for and it was kind of nice for a change. There were a lot of tweets that said the place was far too warm. Of course, nearly every tweet said the band was awesome.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/dallas%20feb/3_zps95055a03.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/dallas%20feb/2_zps3d8d711b.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/dallas%20feb/1_zps9cdd49ca.jpg

Houston Baby
02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
The bathroom, seriously!? During an Eagles concert, seriously!? I wouldn't leave even if I was dying to pee much less to send a tweet! :steviesmack:

Brooke
02-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Really, me either!

sodascouts
02-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out, VA!

Just read the tweets from last night. There were two people who actually went to the bathroom during the concert so they could use their phones and tweet. Obviously completely addicted, and kind of sad IMO.

Seriously - did they pay all that money to tweet? Geez!

One person complained about not being able to stand up and dance,

Shoot. I thought they had eased up on that. I hope the NOLA show isn't Friday at the Forum Redux.

Houston Baby
02-20-2014, 04:22 PM
The "rules" sheet that I received for tomorrow's concert said this...........

CAMERA POLICY:
In order to maximize your enjoyment, as well as enjoyment of those around you, please turn off your cell phones & other electronic devices during the concert.

Please do not text or film during the concert.

DO NOT VIDEO WITH SMART PHONES (yes, it was all in caps)

Please be aware of those seated behind you and do not stand if it blocks the view of others.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2014, 06:16 PM
You know, TECHNICALLY, this implies you can take pictures and video with a real camera. You just can't use a smartphone. Right? I know, I'm a software geek and think in boolean terms, but I thought about mentioning this to the black shirts at the Forum. The rules posted before the concert only forbade pictures by smart phones. If this were any other band, I'd make a point by bringing my camera.

shunlvswx
02-20-2014, 07:45 PM
I agree, VA. They saying phones not cameras. Like you said. Technically you can take pictures and film the show with a digital camera then your phone.

When you think about it. Most of the clips from their shows that are put on Youtube are from people who seats are high up and not close to the stage. I wonder if the ushers are up there with the other people since they never get caught.

StephUK
02-20-2014, 08:34 PM
The "rules" sheet that I received for tomorrow's concert said this...........

CAMERA POLICY:
In order to maximize your enjoyment, as well as enjoyment of those around you, please turn off your cell phones & other electronic devices during the concert.

Please do not text or film during the concert.

DO NOT VIDEO WITH SMART PHONES (yes, it was all in caps)

Please be aware of those seated behind you and do not stand if it blocks the view of others.

I don't believe this, it's just unreal. Yes, it's a bit annoying if people talk on their mobiles doing the show, but does it really matter if they send a text? I note the phrase 'other electronic devices'; that's conveniently non-specific, which means security can stop you using anything electronic, which might include digital cameras. (I'd rather sit next to someone who sends a text or two, than some drunk who spills their beer on me & keeps wanting to go past, to and from the bar and to the toilets).

What's coming next I wonder? maybe,

a) no singing 'cos it might offend those around you
b) no speaking to each other
c) no looking/smiling at the Eagles or their band, as this might affect their performance
c) absolutely no enjoying yourself allowed

I think I mentioned before that I went to see Matchbox Twenty when they were touring in the UK last year. Rob Thomas encouraged the audience to take photos and post them on their Facebook page.
You weren't supposed to record or take videos though, but you could buy a recording of the show that you went to from their online shop within a few days of the show. I thought this was a great idea, and bought one. You got the whole show as it sounded on the night, with no fine tuning or studio alteration(I can't see the Eagles ever doing this though!)
The security personnel were there to ensure the band's safety and ours, not to ask as camera police, and they were friendly and low key. I wish this was the case at Eagles shows.

We've been round this topic again & again on the board, and as the list of rules grows longer, I'm sure these discussions are going to continue.

sodascouts
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
You know, TECHNICALLY, this implies you can take pictures and video with a real camera. You just can't use a smartphone. Right? I know, I'm a software geek and think in boolean terms, but I thought about mentioning this to the black shirts at the Forum. The rules posted before the concert only forbade pictures by smart phones. If this were any other band, I'd make a point by bringing my camera.

Well, I think the deal here is that most venues have a no-camera policy, but they allow smart phones. Our friendly neighborhood Eagles reminder is to fill that deficiency, not repeat the already established policy.

shun - I guess they put most of the manpower up front, so they're spread more thinly in the seats further away. I think the band's Black Shirts are only at the front half of the floor (somebody correct me if you've seen them elsewhere).

You weren't supposed to record or take videos though, but you could buy a recording of the show that you went to from their online shop within a few days of the show. I thought this was a great idea, and bought one. You got the whole show as it sounded on the night, with no fine tuning or studio alteration(I can't see the Eagles ever doing this though!)

I love this idea. I'd be more than happy to pay for a copy!

What's coming next I wonder? maybe,

a) no singing 'cos it might offend those around you
b) no speaking to each other

I know you're joking but I can totally see (a) and (b) becoming part of what the Black Shirts enforce, if the Eagles consider it loud enough to be disruptive. They've called out people from the stage before for talking loudly.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2014, 08:45 PM
My ticket does say 'no camera' on it, I thought of that after I posted above.

ETA: Soda, you'll be happy to know, :lie: , according to a tweet I just read, Plaintiff made an appearance last night.

StephUK
02-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I was joking Soda, but 'many a true word is spoken in jest'.

Yes, I thought selling a recording of the show was a great idea. For the Matchbox Twenty one, you bought a USB wristband, with the band name, logo & tour name on it(nice souvenier) and then after the show you went online & downloaded your chosen show to the wristband. You can then listen to it on any of your devices with USB connections. It also came in a nice box with the band & tour details on it.
I believe other bands do this too, but I can't remember which ones.

sodascouts
02-20-2014, 09:04 PM
ETA: Soda, you'll be happy to know, :lie: , according to a tweet I just read, Plaintiff made an appearance last night.

:brickwall:

shunlvswx
02-20-2014, 10:50 PM
I guess its safe to have your camera in the nosebleeds section. If you have a really good camera, you can get some good pictures from there. My thing is. Its ok for the journalist people to have their cameras, but the fans can't. Their pictures seem to be very close to the stage sometimes. That's a double standard. They can take pictures, but we can't.

I bet those people up there are up and dancing since the security is down front.

shunlvswx
02-20-2014, 10:53 PM
I was joking Soda, but 'many a true word is spoken in jest'.

Yes, I thought selling a recording of the show was a great idea. For the Matchbox Twenty one, you bought a USB wristband, with the band name, logo & tour name on it(nice souvenier) and then after the show you went online & downloaded your chosen show to the wristband. You can then listen to it on any of your devices with USB connections. It also came in a nice box with the band & tour details on it.
I believe other bands do this too, but I can't remember which ones.

I think that's cool. I would definitely buy that.

sad-cafe
02-20-2014, 11:33 PM
oh I so hope they do a video of this tour. I would love to add it to my collection and it would be especially cool since I got to go to one!

MaryCalifornia
02-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Here's a review that came into my Timothy B. Google alert.

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/music/headlines/20140220-the-eagles-take-a-satisfying-victory-lap-during-dallas-show.ece?nclick_check=1

sodascouts
02-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Nice photos!

Brooke
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Nice review! Thanks MC!

And Don has a new shirt! With some color in it! Still plaid, but....:yay:

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2014, 02:58 PM

The person or the joke?????

Freypower
02-21-2014, 05:24 PM
The person or the joke?????

It would be the joke, surely.

ktdids
02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Looks like Don shaved the goatee. Seems like he's growing it and shaving depending on the length of the segment of the tour, start fresh see how far it goes and then shave it off at the end or start of a break. An interesting way to pass the time I guess?!

sodascouts
02-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Re: Plaintiff - I took it as the joke but you know, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area is actually where she's from!

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2014, 07:54 PM
That's what I thought too. Curiosity might have gotten the better of her!

sodascouts
02-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Looks like Don shaved the goatee. Seems like he's growing it and shaving depending on the length of the segment of the tour, start fresh see how far it goes and then shave it off at the end or start of a break. An interesting way to pass the time I guess?!

Man - not good timing for me. I love the goatee and my show is in just a few days. Sadness!

Maybe I'll get some stubble - a girl can hope. ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
02-21-2014, 11:18 PM
The goatee is nice but I like the scruffy look!

Yes, I meant the joke!

Brooke
02-23-2014, 05:40 PM

Sounds like my husband, grows a goatee one week, shaves it off the next. Then asks me why I didn't notice when he shaves it! I can't keep up! :lol:

Elizasong
02-23-2014, 09:34 PM

In all my years of concert going there is the unspoken rule that you get a feel for the crowd around you and you can stand up and dance if either a) nobody minds and or b) if you can find an open space not in front of people. IMO security shouldn't be the ones telling you when to sit down. It would be the guy sitting behind you when he can't see and hopefully he says it nicely.

IN OTHER NEWS HERE:

Hey, "plaintiff" found out she's a celebrity in one of the intros to a song so she wanted to enjoy her 2 seconds of fame. :nahnah:

WTH: I'm paying $400 a ticket so I can go to the bathroom to text??? That has clearly become an addiction for some people.

shunlvswx
02-23-2014, 10:16 PM

I notice that he does that. He shaved his goatee when he was at the Forum, but he was slowly growing it back. Then its back a week or two later. Don can't make up his mind to keep it or shave it. :hilarious: For me. I love him clean shave, but I also love the stubble goatee.

ktdids
02-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Wonder if the family is telling Don, We LOVE the goatee! Let it grow! or We hate the goatee, SHAVE it off!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Pure speculation, but if I had to guess, I'd say the latter since the goatee seems to disappear during breaks in the tour. :thumbsup:

StephUK
03-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I notice that he does that. He shaved his goatee when he was at the Forum, but he was slowly growing it back. Then its back a week or two later. Don can't make up his mind to keep it or shave it. :hilarious: For me. I love him clean shave, but I also love the stubble goatee.

My darling Will seems to be doing the same with his beard. Now you see it, now you don't.
I think both Don & Will look best clean shaven, although I don't object to an 'I couldn't be bothered to shave today' amount of stubble.