Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 01:49 AM
OMG - the guys were FABULOUS!!!

zeldabjr
02-22-2014, 02:20 AM
so glad to hear HB!!!! :heart:

sodascouts
02-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Good deal! What about the setlist? Has anything been added or dropped?

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 02:32 AM
I need to gather my wits and arrange my thoughts cause I am still shaking with excitement. This was one of the best if not THE best concert that I have seen them give. All the guys were in such great giving moods and so funny.

We only got scolded once right at the beginning when it was still just Don & Glenn sitting there. Apparently someone was talking too loud and Don asked them if they wanted to have a conversation to come up on stage and then he told them if they wanted to talk they should go outside. He was smiling & said it in a pretty jovial way so it wasn't too bad. But at the same time Glenn was giving them a look like Don isn't joking.

For the fashionistas, the wardrobe for the night was......

Timothy - purple t-shirt, blue jeans
Don - Charcoal gray long sleeve shirt, black jeans
Joe - Black t-shirt under a black or dk. blue plaid shirt, black jeans
Glenn - Lt gray t-shirt under a slate blue shirt and his blue ripped jeans
Bernie - Black t-shirt

For the 2nd set.......

Timothy - Long sleeve white shirt with double studs down the front. It looked like small silver studs. It was so white and crisp looking. It was a beautiful shirt and I mouthed it to him when he was looking my way and I believed he saw me because he broke out in a big smile
Don - Red, white and black plaid shirt
Joe - Black t-shirt with some design on it but I could never figure it out
Glenn - White or light blue t-shirt under a light blue checkered shirt. The shirt was checkered down the front but the back and the sleeves were a solid lt. blue
Bernie - A blue t-shirt with the design Keep Calm and ................. I never did see what the rest of it said.

This was to the best of my recollection HD feel free to correct me if I got some of this wrong. I am going to put pen to paper and then come back & post more.

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 02:40 AM
Nothing added :sad: but nothing was dropped EXCEPT half the time maybe most of the time the videos were not shown. I think they were having trouble with them. The only video that I saw that actually worked was during "Already Gone". Rest of the time they were not running or running funky like not covering the whole screen. Unless I was staring so hard at the guys that I didn't see them but I don't think that was the case. During "Those Shoes" it did not show the whole video and there were problems with the pinball video during LITFL. Totally did not see the Desperado shoot during the whole DD/D portion. I LOVE seeing those photos/videos so that was disappointing.

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 03:15 AM
OK - one more thing before I hit the bed. I am supposed to go shopping with a friend tomorrow and why I made those plans after an Eagles concert I have no idea. :shrug:

There was a couple next to me and she brought in "The Long Run" album and told me that she was going to try and get it signed. She tried talking the security guy into taking it backstage but of course that was a no go! So at the end of the concert when the guys are walking at the front of the stage and saying their thanks, she is waving this album like crazy. Glenn stops, kneels down, gets the album and SIGNS IT!! Timothy was right behind him so he yelled at Timothy and hands him the Sharpie and album and Timothy signs it too!! That was the sweetest moment! Those guys are the greatest!!:inlove:

I will post more tomorrow!

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I thought for those who have the VIP tickets I would post my experience at this one. The party by "On the List presents" was very nice & well organized. Our goodie bag included a beige baseball cap with Eagles on front & VIP 2014 on the back, chiffon scarf with the HOTE design, Eagles belt buckle & money clip. The denim jacket is apparently stuck in customs & will be mailed to us.

The raffle prizes were the usual t-shirts & hoodies except for the last 3 prizes. Those were a hoodie that our host said Irving Azoff had ordered for family & friends. There were a few extras so he gave them to give out. She said ours was the last of the very limited extras. It was black with the gothic "E" on the left chest side. The other 2 special prizes were guitar strings donated by Joe that he used at the Las Vegas shows. A guy at my table won the ones used on "Witchy Woman" & someone else won the "Hotel California" guitar strings. They were in a packet with the date they were used & the song they were used on written on the packet. Too Cool!!

There were also sepia colored framed photos on display of the guys thru the years. I think there were @ 10 & there will be a drawing at the end of the tour & the photo mailed to the winners. They are beautiful, my fingers are crossed!

On sale at the stands were the same t-shirts & merchandise. They also had ALL the Forum items & cheaper than what I paid in LA! :scowl::lol:

Also before the show you could buy the "Eagles Live" cd for $20.00 which entered you in a drawing for a signed Eagles guitar. The money was to be divided equally between the Shriners Hospital and Walden Woods. I thought that was a great fundraiser. The number was drawn during intermission but I do not know who won. I hope the winner did not have to hold the guitar the rest of the show! :lol:

I almost forgot besides the lanyard we got, we received a plastic commerative ticket! I loved it!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-22-2014, 11:11 AM
OMG Deb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fainted::fainting:
What a night what a mighty fine night.....:yay:
:yay:You must be higher than clo:Dud nine....

That is such a cool story about GF and TBS signing that ladys lp

It just sounds like such a great night and I love hearing about it all event he fashionesta stuff lol:lol:

Looking forward to hearing more stuff .:D
Shopping .....????? ihope your friend likes the eagles cause I wouldn't be able to talk about anything else.

GlennLover
02-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Wow, HB! I'm :jealous:! Glad you had such a fantastic time! That's cool that Glenn & Timothy signed the album. Kind of surprised actually. They do really care about their fans!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the review, HB and glad you had an awesome time. Too bad the videos were working properly.

And how cool that Glenn and Tim signed the lady's album. I have to admit when I first start reading what HB wrote about it, my sinister side kicked in. I kinda laughed and thought 'yeah, like fat chance that she'd get that signed'. So, needless to say, it was an absolutely delightful surprise to read further and discover how wrong I was. Ya just never know what those Eagles are gonna do! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
02-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the review, HB and glad you had an awesome time. Too bad the videos were working properly.

And how cool that Glenn and Tim signed the lady's album. I have to admit when I first start reading what HB wrote about it, my sinister side kicked in. I kinda laughed and thought 'yeah, like fat chance that she'd get that signed'. So, needless to say, it was an absolutely delightful surprise to read further and discover how wrong I was. Ya just never know what those Eagles are gonna do! :thumbsup:

I must admit that I had the very same thought. :sad::blush:

Jane B.
02-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the great recap, HB! Sounds like an amazing show! :yay:

I might have missed it in your earlier posts...was wondering what row you were in, and if you were super-close to the stage? (I've never sat in the VIP section.....YET! :D )

MaryCalifornia
02-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Wow, thanks HB. Very cool. Sounds awesome.

Too funny that this sweet, innocent fan is all, "oooh, I'm in front, maybe they'll sign my album" and we're all, "Yeah, good luck with that" and she gets it signed!! Never know if you don't try!

MaryCalifornia
02-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Here's the review -

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/02-22-14-grumpy-old-men-the-eagles-needlessly-admonish-and-police-their-fans-but-their-concert-magic-remains/

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Wow, thanks HB. Very cool. Sounds awesome.

Too funny that this sweet, innocent fan is all, "oooh, I'm in front, maybe they'll sign my album" and we're all, "Yeah, good luck with that" and she gets it signed!! Never know if you don't try!

LOL - that was EXACTLY my thoughts when talking to her before the concert MC! But I didn't have the heart to tell her that, I just said oh yeah that will be so cool. Little did I know. I think my mouth dropped open when it happened because when Glenn kneeled down he was at an angle to the lady and right in front of me. I was in silent amazement & admiration!!

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the great recap, HB! Sounds like an amazing show! :yay:

I might have missed it in your earlier posts...was wondering what row you were in, and if you were super-close to the stage? (I've never sat in the VIP section.....YET! :D )

I splurged big time JB & got front row. I wanted the best seat I could get in my hometown. I was sitting by the lady who got her album signed, well actually by her husband. My seat was right between Timothy and Glenn. A dream come true!!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Oh deb so happy for you

Jane B.
02-23-2014, 12:31 AM
I splurged big time JB & got front row. I wanted the best seat I could get in my hometown. I was sitting by the lady who got her album signed, well actually by her husband. My seat was right between Timothy and Glenn. A dream come true!!

Oh, wow, you're KILLING me! I've never been in the front row of any concert, ever! GOOD FOR YOU, HB! This concert is something you'll remember the rest of your life - no matter what you paid, I'm positive that it was ABSOLUTELY more than worth it! Very cool, HB, very, very cool! :applause:

Thirsty&Hot
02-23-2014, 01:37 AM

wow fantastic!! so exciting :)

Cindi Ann Bliss
02-23-2014, 05:45 AM
I read the article from the Houston Culturemap site.

For those who went to the concert, do you think her review was accurate? The writer seemed a little grumpy to me.

:computer::dizzy:

secret squirrel
02-23-2014, 01:17 PM

For those who went to the concert, do you think her review was accurate? The writer seemed a little grumpy to me.

Didn't go to the concert but I do think they should play some tracks from LROOE. I think it's weird to ignore it as it's part of their history too.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/christian-kane-covered-in-glory.html

DivineDon
02-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Yeah, she does seem a bit of a curmudgeon as if she's reluctant to acknowledge their awesomeness. So what that she could predict their moves - lucky her she's seen the so many times to be able to! They're perfectionists and professional and want to give their money's worth to their loyal fans - that's why we love them. :thumbsup:

NYC Fan
02-23-2014, 02:09 PM

HB-

Thanks for your great review and details! Sounds Like a fantastic show. I was surprised by the album signing story too. I would have been internally rolling my eyes thinking "good luck with that" :-) So nice that they did that for her!

Front row. Good for you to treat yourself! I can only imagine how great that would be for the Eagles. Glad it was so memorable.

Brooke
02-23-2014, 05:25 PM
HB, the show sounds just wonderful! Thanks so much for telling us all about it! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

And I have to say I thought like most everyone else that the lady was in dreamland if she thought anyone would sign anything for her! That's just awesome that Glenn and Tim did! Who'd a thunk it?! Too cool!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-23-2014, 08:29 PM
I think its funny that we all were thinking "what is she crazy?? they will never sign for her and how happy we all are that they did.
Shows they can be class guys ..

Me ,I have a cd cover of "long road out of eden "with Will, Scott and Stuart and Michael Thompson all signed on it.
ANd they all could not have been nicer....now I know they aren't TBS or JW or GF or Dh but still makes me smile to look at the messages and the pictures they were all nice enough to take w me and did I mention hugs from WIll and Scott..lol??
SO happy they took the time and again Deb so greatful for your detailed revew.
:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-23-2014, 08:46 PM
I am so glad to hear that Glenn and Timothy signed her album! Our guys really are the best...

I read the review that was posted, I think I have read her previous reviews. I liked the Spade video that was posted in the press thread, while commenting about the standing policy, he did end with the fact that it was a really good concert, and the look in his eye said it was an understatement. This review did mention, several times, that the concert is fantastic, and I like how she makes it obvious that they really work at this. Of course, they are hugely talented, but it is still work. They do it for us, the fans, and I know that sometimes I take it for granted, and I should not.

BTW, I am using a keyboard that does not have apostrophes, which is why I am so formal-sounding. No contractions!!

Elizasong
02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow!! that sounds like a great night in Houston and especially for the fan that has a newly autographed album!! :thumbsup:

MC, I saw that review and thought it's good that the author is not deterred by any of the Eagles stringent security rules.

Nice to here they are consistently putting on a great show.

Houston Baby
02-23-2014, 11:42 PM
I don't think the writer was too grumpy in her review. It looks like to me she is definitely a fan. After all a critic does not have to go to that many concerts of the same tour. I think she was trying to restrain her enthusiasm & just trying to be a "critic".

Houston Baby
02-23-2014, 11:53 PM
WOO HOO! I AM "STUCK ON THE BORDER"!!

It couldn't have happened on a more appropriate weekend. Friday night ranks right up there with the '76 concert! :yay::heart::yay:

So I'm stuck on the border & y'all are stuck with me! :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-24-2014, 12:28 AM
That's a good point, HB. And IMO, knocking the band's policies about cameras and sitting is fair criticism as long as it's done respectfully and equitably. This band has a reputation for their rebellious, non-conformist attitude, and they are used to rebuke so they are probably pretty thick-skinned by now. I guess they're not afraid to rock the boat at this point in their careers.

And HB ...

Congrats on being Stuck on The Border.

Long may you post. :cheers:

Thirsty&Hot
02-24-2014, 02:37 AM
WOO HOO! I AM "STUCK ON THE BORDER"!!

It couldn't have happened on a more appropriate weekend. Friday night ranks right up there with the '76 concert! :yay::heart::yay:

So I'm stuck on the border & y'all are stuck with me! :hilarious:

congrats HB!!! :partytime:

Brooke
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM
HB, congrats on being stuck on the border!

We are glad to have ya! Carry on! :thumbsup:

Houston Debutante
02-24-2014, 01:14 PM
WOW ~ such an amazing show ~ makes me love the Eagles even more!!!

I didn't even notice problems with the videos, I was too busy looking at the band, it probably helps that I haven't seen a show on this tour before so I don't know what I'm missing.

Not much to add, Houston Baby has it down, just that I am so happy I went, it was worth the money, even my boyfriend agreed.

Don's voice was so sexy, I about died.

Did I happen to say that I LOVE THE EAGLES!!!!

Brooke
02-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Glad you gals had a good time, but I knew you would! And we love hearing all the details! :applause:

Houston Baby
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Thank you ladies for the congrats! It has been a blast so far!

sodascouts
02-24-2014, 11:58 PM
CONGRATS HOUSTON BABY!

I can't wait 'til we get to hang out again!

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks Soda!!!

It has been a blast! Thank you for creating & maintaining this amazing place that I love to visit!
And hopefully this summer!

zeldabjr
02-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Houston Baby on being Stuck on the Border!!!

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Thank you Z!
It's nice to be in such good company!

MaryCalifornia
02-25-2014, 02:06 AM
Congratulations, HB!!!!

Here is another article about your show - the reviewer describes Timothy as "impossibly lanky"!! I like it! More Tim thinspiration for me.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2014/02/eagles_toyota_center_2212014.php

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Thank you MC!

And thank you for the HP review link! I tried checking it yesterday but it was impossible to get thru on my computer at work. The reviewer did a good job. The HP is pretty respectful of artists & I know this guy loves the EAGLES. I love his descriptions of Henley - spot on!
I still want to post more of my thoughts.

They took some great photos but I wish there was one of Timothy in that crisp white shirt that he wore in the second half. The only photo I have seen of him in it, his back was turned to us. It was beautiful & he looked so handsome in it! You Tim gals would LOVE it!

UndertheWire
02-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Congratulations, HB!!!!

Here is another article about your show - the reviewer describes Timothy as "impossibly lanky"!! I like it! More Tim thinspiration for me.

That's a nice, well-written review. One question, though. Who sang "Take it to the Limit" for that show?

bluefeather
02-25-2014, 07:48 AM
I wish there was one of Timothy in that crisp white shirt that he wore in the second half. The only photo I have seen of him in it, his back was turned to us. It was beautiful & he looked so handsome in it! You Tim gals would LOVE it!

:inlove: what a handsome pic that would be and yes we would ADORE it!

bluefeather
02-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Oh and thanks MC for the nicely written interview:)

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 08:19 AM
That's a nice, well-written review. One question, though. Who sang "Take it to the Limit" for that show?

I doubt it was "Schmidt" as this author claims! Am I right, Houston concert goers?

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Right, Soda! I don't know what the reviewer was thinking. It was Glenn who sang TITTL & he made the comment that this was Randy's song and he had not been feeling well and they were sending this out to him. Sing it if you know the words. And boy did the Houston crowd sing it right from the beginning! :hilarious: It even brought a smile to Glenn's face.

Freypower
02-25-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for that, let alone 'Schmidt'. How in the world can anyone describe the person who sings ICTYW as the same person who sings TITTL?

SilverMoon
02-26-2014, 12:59 AM
A tweet from someone who was at the concert:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y502/SilverMoon333/TF/4_zpsa59e903a.jpg

From what I keep reading, quite a few Eagles fans feel the same way.

Victim of Love
02-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Congratulations, HB!!!!

Actually I think Timothy looks like he's beefed up just a bit from where he was even six months ago and it agrees with him! He's looking fantastic. Adding 10-15 pounds more to that boy would not be flattering, IMO.

zeldabjr
02-26-2014, 03:29 AM
:inlove: what a handsome pic that would be and yes we would ADORE it!

oh yes you're so right bf!!!...

VAisForEagleLovers
02-26-2014, 08:48 AM

Actually, I search on tweets during and after every concert except the last two and I've seen very few of these tweets. After the release of the documentary, that surprised me. I know my family, friends, and all those I work with in KY and VA have no clue who Felder is, except for one employee, and most of them have at least one Eagles album. The band was always avoiding the media, so casual fans didn't know much about them. After the release of the DVD, that's changed, and so many who didn't even know who Felder is felt for him, so that's why I'm surprised I've not seen more of these tweets.

Houston Debutante
02-26-2014, 01:18 PM
I doubt it was "Schmidt" as this author claims! Am I right, Houston concert goers?

You're right, it wasn't Tim, it was Glenn ~ pretty big mistake!

Houston Debutante
02-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Actually, I search on tweets during and after every concert except the last two and I've seen very few of these tweets. After the release of the documentary, that surprised me. I know my family, friends, and all those I work with in KY and VA have no clue who Felder is, except for one employee, and most of them have at least one Eagles album. The band was always avoiding the media, so casual fans didn't know much about them. After the release of the DVD, that's changed, and so many who didn't even know who Felder is felt for him, so that's why I'm surprised I've not seen more of these tweets.

I didn't hear anybody complain, but I did hear one person behind me talking about Felder's playing, but he actually though Smith was Felder. I didn't correct him because he'd know soon enough when the band was introduced later in the show. I was laughing to myself tho. :lol:

UndertheWire
02-26-2014, 02:05 PM
You're right, it wasn't Tim, it was Glenn ~ pretty big mistake!
With the build-up (in the review) about it being "Schmidt's" chance to shine, it did seem funny. I wondered if Glenn's cold had lead to such a drastic change. More likely, the writer's notes got mied up. Doesn't Tim open the second set? (Sorry, I'm being lazy and going from memory even though I know I could check the setlist)

Brooke
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Funny, they keep selling out venues though! Evidently most feel they are still pretty good! Just saying!

Freypower
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
With the build-up (in the review) about it being "Schmidt's" chance to shine, it did seem funny. I wondered if Glenn's cold had lead to such a drastic change. More likely, the writer's notes got mied up. Doesn't Tim open the second set? (Sorry, I'm being lazy and going from memory even though I know I could check the setlist)

He sings the second song in this set. The first song is Pretty Maids All In A Row.

Houston Debutante
02-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Funny, they keep selling out venues though! Evidently most feel they are still pretty good! Just saying!
For real, Don Felder being gone didn't hurt ticket sales one bit, so many shows sold out, even after all this time, it's unbelievable.

SilverMoon
03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Just to be clear… I wasn't just talking about Twitter. I was talking about the Internet in general. Twitter is not the only website on the Internet. People also post comments on various other sites (Facebook, message boards, YouTube, etc.). I’ve read plenty of comments over the years from people who love the Eagles and go to their concerts but also miss Don Felder in the band. A lot of people know who he is and like him. And a lot of Eagles fans loved the interplay between Don Felder and Joe Walsh.

sodascouts
03-02-2014, 06:52 PM
You're absolutely right that there are people who miss Don Felder and his terrific guitar playing. I am sure there are people who don't go to shows because he's not there. Luckily for the band, there aren't enough of those people to impact their ticket sales.