PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

secret squirrel
02-24-2014, 11:15 AM
I couldn't find the thread for this so started a new one but please move if there is one already.

Review:
http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2014/02/eagles_show_at_smoothie_king_c.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/christian-kane-covered-in-glory.html

Victim of Love
02-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Mixed review IMO, but must say I burst out laughing when I read "In the pre-show announcements prior to the Eagles touching down at a full Smoothie King Center on Sunday, Feb. 23, twerking wasn’t specifically prohibited." Mr. Spero was very clever to nail that one...and the Atlanta crowd may be advised of THAT particular prohibition tonight! (Then again, you can't twerk if you have to remain seated!)

SSSSOOOO distressed to hear the boys are dealing with colds or whatever is causing the coughs & sniffles -- and yet they apparently soldiered on in true form! And with humor, to boot. I would expect nothing less of them.

Looking forward to more input/feedback on NOLO (and excited to hear about the Atlanta show).

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Aw, a real shame they're not feeling well. I can relate, I'm allergic to the dog my friends own and I really thought that once I left I'd start feeling better. I'm battling a cough, which tells me that bronchitis is trying to set in. My inhaler is malfunctioning and on a Monday, no one has time to answer the phone at my doctor's office. I'm so hoping I'm not coughing like a maniac on Friday night!

**Sigh**No twerking. I was planning on doing that at the next concert!! :lie:

Brooke
02-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Haha! Pretty good! No twerking? Who'd a thunk? Did you take the poll at the end about cell phones! Too funny!

Nice pics, too! I hope they get to feeling better soon!

bluefeather
02-24-2014, 06:53 PM
sorry to hear the guys are feeling under the weather but they still soar:applause:

Houston Baby
02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
I'm so sorry too that the guys are under the weather. They were fine Friday. I hope they didn't catch anything in H-town but more importantly I hope they feel better soon!

zeldabjr
02-24-2014, 11:11 PM
poor guys...has to be very difficult...we think nothing of getting colds, hoarse, etc...but when your livelihood is your voice...it is serious!!!...Feel better guys....soon...can't wait to see the reviews for tonight's show to see if they say anything about them being sick!

Jane B.
02-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Where's Soda? Didn't she go to this concert, too? (I routinely get lost on this website, so maybe I missed her review)!

sodascouts
02-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Back in one piece - although I think I'm getting too old for the kind of thing I pulled last night. Basically, here was the series of events: Go to show; leave show at midnight; drive for six hours straight through the night; sleep for 45 minutes; go to work at 8:00 am.

I felt (and probably looked) like Hell but as did the Eagles, I soldiered on! Those students are going to learn about writing good literary analysis of short stories if it kills me! ;) When I got home I went straight to bed. My sleep schedule is majorly screwed up now, and I still feel icky. Worth it, though!

Enough about that - let's get to the show!

I wound up in Section 123, row 10 (which was actually 7th row as oddly, the section started with Row 4). While it wasn't a floor seat, it was still good; that's the tier right next to the stage, on Joe's side. I was able to get a great view of our guys. This is especially true since I was Seat 1 by the aisle and inexplicably, no one was in front of me. I guess they were unused comps or something, but while there were people in the rows in front of me, there was no one in any of the aisle seats directly in front of me. SWEET!

The crowd overall was pretty dead and had to be urged to get up for "Heartache Tonight." They immediately sat down afterwards. Most ignored the urgings to stand up during "The Long Run." The floor was better towards the end, but the people around me NEVER stood except during "Take It Easy." Most of the crowd even sat during "Hotel California." I was dismayed because it meant I had to stay down, but at least there were no admonitions from stage, and Glenn even thanked everyone for being "attentive" at beginning of the second half. However, after it became evident that the crowd's "attentiveness" was becoming unresponsiveness, even Don and Glenn had to resort to the occasional "How are we doing?" in order to get the crowd energized.

I have to admit though that I went ahead and stood up for "Rocky Mountain Way" even though I was the only one in my section, and I'm glad I did, because that's when I got a little "Glenntact." Glenn saw me, met my eyes, smiled, and mouthed something to me. I think I know what he said but since I'm not sure, I'll refrain from posting what could be totally off. Regardless, I'm always glad to get a smile from Glenn.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. The first thing Don said after they got onto the stage after "Saturday Night" (or as they refer to it now, "Whatever Happened to Saturday Night") was that "the whole band is sick but we're gonna put on a good show for you anyway, because we know you'll appreciate it."

I was afraid this meant the night would be less than stellar vocally. However, they were able to pull off the vocals well with only a few noticeable misses. What was far more noticeable was poor Glenn's need to avail himself of a box of Kleenax not only in between numbers, but during instrumental breaks in numbers. Poor Sugar! I was stunned at how well he sang considering, and I think the standing ovation he got after "Lyin' Eyes" was in part because of the fact that he was so visibly sick, yet still sang it so well.

I think Glenn was suffering from a cold and Don was the one who had bronchitis, but Don must be on some pretty good meds, because he never coughed once. He was just a bit hoarse on occasion and had to clear his throat a couple times. When I had bronchitis a few years ago, I coughed relentlessly.

Maybe Don's meds had something to do with the fact that he was funnier and more playful than usual last night. When Bernie came out at the beginning to Glenn's intro of meeting him in 1971, Don quipped, "And he was wearing that same shirt." Bernie's reply: "Hey, I washed it!"

Don also made me laugh pretty hard when he was intro'ing "The Long Run." Regarding their sickness, he said, "That's what happens when you clean up - you get sick. In the 70s, we never got sick. We made our bodies a place that no germ would wish to inhabit." He added, "Bronchitis is nothing compared to what we've put our bodies through for the last 40 years."

Another joke: "So we made a couple records in London and then we got sick of that. I love London and I love the British, but their idea of Mexican food is... something else." He made this cute face at that; I think the jokes lose a lot in transcription because part of how funny they were was due to his intonation and facial expressions. There were a few other funny comments as well. Several times he went over to Joe and goofed around, more so than just the rote "couldn't hold a candle to you" interaction immortalized ten years ago on Farewell 1 (time to get a new schtick, methinks). He smiled more often, too.

Speaking of new schtick, I lucked out re: The Plaintiff joke. My pet peeve did not make an appearance. Instead, Glenn joked about how he and Don lived together when they wrote "Lyin' Eyes" but had separate rooms ("except for one or two nights - but I won't talk about that"). I wasn't sure if he was referring to orgies or sexual experimenting or both, but I didn't think too hard about it, lol. I was just glad it was something different! He asked everyone to "help him out" during "Lying Eyes" since he had to wipe his nose and suck on lemons no less than three times during the song. He'd sing a verse, run and get a kleenax, wipe his nose, and run back to the microphone. I felt so bad for him, but he struggled through it manfully.

Maybe it was the acoustics or the mix or my position or something, but Joe's guitar parts during songs (not the solos; the backing instrumentation) sounded more prominent to me. I could pick out stuff I usually didn't notice. It was cool.

Oh, did I forget the fashion alert? Glenn was in his blue top over a white T-shirt for part 1, and a white shirt with plain sleeves but a subtle plaid on the front over a white T-shirt for part 2. He took off the overshirt as he was leaving but I only got a glimpse. Don sported the typical button-up shirt which I refer to as "Old Gray." Tim was wearing a gray T-shirt for part 1, and for part 2 a lovely vivid red shirt with a subtle plaid pattern you couldn't really see except in close up, but that gave it texture. Joe was stylin' as usual in a denim jacket at the first part, then a tight green T-shirt with a gold object on the front (maybe a bird?) for the second half. Both were worn with jeans. Bernie wore a checkered shirt over a black T-shirt for the first part, then just the T-shirt for the encore. StephUK - Will was in black and has stubble. I love stubble, so I appreciated it - plus he seems to have lost more weight.

Some other things that stuck out (out of order, I'm afraid):

No JD and the Straight Shot, which was a relief.

Like in Houston, there were people selling Eagles CDs for charity. However, it was The Greatest Hits of the Eagles, not the Live CD at my show unfortunately. I bought it anyway since my GH CD is 20 years old now and is lookin' the worse for wear.

The reviewer was right about the distracting cell phone enforcement. There was a guy near me who did nothing but enforce the cell phone / camera ban all night long.

Richard Davis, who is from NOLA, got a bigger round of applause than usual. Hometown boy!

During "Those Shoes," I saw Joe whisper to Stu right before the part that starts with "They're looking at you, leaning on you" and he and Stu did a choreographed series of poses with their guitars throughout that segment, right up until "They got the kid glove." Since they were behind the rest of the band, I don't know if Don, Glenn, and Tim even noticed; they gave no indication that they knew what was going on behind them. I was cracking up.

Small criticism: I didn't like the use of the "Busy Being Fabulous" clips for the video during "Those Shoes" because it was just a loop of girls being shallow and catty, which I don't think works with the theme of the song. I wonder how much input the Eagles have as to what is being flashed behind them during songs. You'd think a lot, but that song isn't about how girls are vapid and don't care about anything but being the prettiest one in the room, is it? However, when they got to the part where there's a fashion show of shoes, I found myself coveting several of the pairs on display. A fantastic pair of heels is one of the very few things that can distract me from the Eagles, but they quickly regained my attention as "Those Shoes" was one of the hottest vocals of the night.

Glenn started the "Funk 49" guitar duel with Joe by playing the opening notes of "Get Over It." I actually think this is a bad idea because several people gasped in delight and applauded thinking they were about to do that song. I knew better, of course! The duel itself was as funny as usual, with Glenn imitating Joe's thrusting and rock'n'roll showboating as well as the notes, at Joe's urging of course. Love it. Then, before getting into the song, Joe said "You GOT to be FUNKAY!" So funny!

I think it was during band intros that Glenn joked that Joe had "spent a month in New Orleans one night." That got a lot of laughs.

The "helmet cam" is back only now it's attached to a cap. Still works though! Joe joked that when he pointed it at us, we needed to "not just stand there - do something" and if it was really good, "Maybe it'll go viral." I couldn't help but add mentally "Not if Don has anything to do with it" lol.

Before "Life's Been Good," when Joe does that whole "repeat after me" bit, he did something new this time. He had us all practice going "uh" in grunt fashion, then said he'd signal for us to do it at one point in the song. Sure enough, he had us do it after one of the lines - I think it was after "I go to parties, sometimes until four." [uh!] During the same song, when he said "they tell me Glenn's great", Glenn actually ran to the front and put his hand to his ear. Very cute.

When intro'ing "Take It Easy," Glenn mentioned it was the first song they recorded.

There were several kids up front - more than usual - and they got attention and picks from the guys. Adorable.

And that's pretty much all I can remember, folks!

new orlwans baby
02-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I WENT TO THE CONCERT IN NEW ORLEANS LAST NIGHT AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. IN THE BEGINNING HENLEY DID MENTION THAT THERE WERE SOME BAND MEMBERS NOT FEELING WELL, AND I BELIEVE JOKINGLY BLAMED IT ON NEW ORLEANS HUMIDITY, AND IT WAS A HUMID ONE LAST NIGHT. NEVERTHELESS THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW!! IT STARTED A LITTLE SLOW AND THEN PICKED UP AS TIME WENT ON. THE ONLY NEGATIVE FOR ME WAS THAT I GOT STUCK AT INTERMISSION STANDING IN LINE FOR A T SHIRT AND MISSED THE BEGINNING OF JOE WALSH SINGING PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW. THAT IS MY VERY FAVORITE SONG THAT JW SINGS!! THE SECOND HALF OF THE CONCERT REALLY ROCKED ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF JOE WALSH. THE EAGLES GOT JOE TO REHAB IN THE EIGHTIES AND JOE GOT ROCK TO THE EAGLES !!! THANK YOU EAGLES AND THANK YOU JOE!! BOY DO THEY ALL WORK WELL TOGETHER!! SORRY HENLEY AND FREY WEREN'T FEELING WELL BUT THEY WERE GREAT SPORTS AND PUT ON ONE HECK OF A SHOW!!! EAGLES ROCK!!! IT WAS AN EVENING THAT I DID NOT WANT TO END!!!!

Elizasong
02-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Wow!! Kudos Soda for your true dedication to the band and your great review and play by play. :thumbsup:

Maybe the crowd has heard so much of the sit down and be quiet rules that the rules might be having the wrong effect on the show? Hopefully it was just that crowd.

MaryCalifornia
02-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks, Soda, what a great review. Glad you made it home safely.

[QUOTE=sodascouts;267999]

"Those Shoes" was one of the hottest vocals of the night.

Totally agree with this - I said the same in my review of the show I saw. It was awesome.

:yay:Glenntact!!:heart::heart:

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the great review Soda! Sounds like a FANTASTIC night!! Especially the Glenntact part! :smitten: Sure wish I could have joined you!
And I am glad you made it home safely! Hope you can recuperate some of your sleep loss this week. I am sure it was all worth it!!!

Jane B.
02-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the great reviews - glad everyone had such a wonderful time! :applause:

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Oh and my bad! It was The Greatest Hits of the Eagles that they were selling for charity, not Live like I said in my Houston review. What was I thinking? :doh:Sorry!

TimFan222
02-25-2014, 10:44 AM
This is one of my first posts so I hope I do ok. I was at the show Sunday in Vegas and Glenn had a runny nose already. As for the standing situation the crowd was dead there. Nobody was standing up and it was killing me to sit down all night! On the first encore for Hotel California my husband and I stood up and really enjoyed. There was a couple behind us. The husband asked him to sit down and the wife told him he was rude!!!! Couldn't believe it. Even during Heartache Tonight when Timothy tries to get folks to stand up no one did. He tried several other times too. I was in the first row and it seems to me this has an adverse affect on the energy of the band. I talked to a girl in the elevator after show. She said she was afraid to stand up. Anyone else have opinions? Also can anyone help me with rules for avatars and how to do this.

Brooke
02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Soda, that was a fabulous review! I felt like I was there with you! Sounds like the crowd wasn't much fun, but glad you enjoyed yourself! Sounds like Don was feeling pretty good even if he did have bronchitis since he joked a lot. And very cool Glenntact! :heart:

nobaby, thanks for giving your thoughts too! I'm glad you had a good time and welcome to the Border!

Hopefully the guys are on the mend by now. They put on a great show for you even feeling icky!

ETA: Soda get your rest girl! That was quite a long night for you!

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 03:11 PM
This is one of my first posts so I hope I do ok. I was at the show Sunday in Vegas and Glenn had a runny nose already. As for the standing situation the crowd was dead there. Nobody was standing up and it was killing me to sit down all night! On the first encore for Hotel California my husband and I stood up and really enjoyed. There was a couple behind us. The husband asked him to sit down and the wife told him he was rude!!!! Couldn't believe it. Even during Heartache Tonight when Timothy tries to get folks to stand up no one did. He tried several other times too. I was in the first row and it seems to me this has an adverse affect on the energy of the band. I talked to a girl in the elevator after show. She said she was afraid to stand up. Anyone else have opinions? Also can anyone help me with rules for avatars and how to do this.

Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far? ;)

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars

Brooke
02-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far? ;)

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars

Already Gone? No dancing? That's one of their rockinest songs! :headscratch:

Hope you don't get that cold, Soda.

Freypower
02-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the review Soda. Re your Glenntact I know what it's like to have him mouth something to you & you're not sure what (although you say you do know). I am sorry Glenn & Don aren't well.

WalshFan88
02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
I totally don't get the no dancing or standing during the rockin' songs. I barely understand it during other songs. It really puts a damper on your concert experience. When I saw them in St Louis I was scolded for surfing Facebook on my phone WAY before the show with the house lights on as it's "disrupting to people behind you". The show hadn't even started. It really pissed me off. I didn't dare take any photos but my dad did as he didn't care. I was so mad from the first go around that I said screw it.

Eagles and/or their tour managers need to take a chill pill on the unfair rules for these concerts. We are going to a rock n' roll show - not a funeral, a business meeting, or a court hearing. I thought David Spade's comments on the issue were spot on, albeit trying to be funny. It's true. It's a great concert but the experience IMO is as important as the music and it sucks IMO. I don't mind setting for the seated numbers, but for songs like AG or HC, you can damn sure bet I'll be standing.

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 06:29 PM
As you know, I agree about the rules bring out of control. However, when it comes to "Already Gone," I'm sure the band would be cool with standing during that song if enough people did it. Unfortunately, at that point, most are scared to stand.

Woodstock
02-25-2014, 08:15 PM
All this no dancing stuff is a bit confusing to me. I went to one of the LA shows and both San Jose shows and they were ok with people standing up dancing during the faster songs. I was in row 2 @ San Jose and I was the only one standing up dancing during The Long Run and nobody said a word to me. They were really watching the people with the phones more than anything. I took a picture with my phone at one point and I did get a raised eyebrow from security.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-25-2014, 08:28 PM

To be fair, I experienced this same thing at the 11/5/11 Vegas show and there were no stringent rules. Just a bunch of lame people with comps seats who didn't care if they were there or not. At the Forum I really felt that the issue was the rules, but in Vegas, I wouldn't guarantee it.

WalshFan88
02-25-2014, 08:50 PM
As you know, I agree about the rules bring out of control. However, when it comes to "Already Gone," I'm sure the band would be cool with standing during that song if enough people did it. Unfortunately, at that point, most are scared to stand.

Yeah that's what I mean. You are scared to do that. Someone or a couple people have to muster up the bravery and courage to do it, then people will follow. It's a bit confusing as far as what they want in terms of audience participation at times.

LA Eagle
02-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Guy in the sect I was in was told to put his phone up--- a full 20 minutes before the show started

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 09:52 PM
I can beat that. I got told to put my phone away 45 minutes before showtime at this show, after I found my seat and pulled it out to take a pic of the empty stage. I surreptitiously texted while he wasn't looking, but the whole situation was just ridiculous. I was at the show alone and the people next to me hadn't arrived yet. I guess I'm just supposed to quietly contemplate life for 45 minutes.

Luckily they eased up at intermission in New Orleans and I got a picture of myself at the arena. In LA, you couldn't get them out then, either.

ktdids
02-25-2014, 11:06 PM
I can beat that. I got told to put my phone away 45 minutes before showtime at this show, after I found my seat and pulled it out to take a pic of the empty stage. I surreptitiously texted while he wasn't looking, but the whole situation was just ridiculous. I was at the show alone and the people next to me hadn't arrived yet. I guess I'm just supposed to quietly contemplate life for 45 minutes.

Luckily they eased up at intermission in New Orleans and I got a picture of myself at the arena. In LA, you couldn't get them out then, either.

Quiet contemplation of life can be good for the soul Soda. Isn't it an indication of being an advanced being amongst those who are less so?

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I guess I must not be that advanced yet. ;)

Glennsallnighter
02-26-2014, 04:08 AM

I have exactly the same dose too and have had it since Sunday! Can germs travel THIS far? Poor Glenn :heart: hope he's feeling a lot better by now.

Great review Soda, but again pity the camera/phone Nazis were so stringent! I brt you are glad you did the journey. Feel better soon too!

WalshFan88
02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
I guess I must not be that advanced yet. ;)

Me neither.

For me thinking and contemplating is a fast way into a depression for me. The busier I keep myself and my mind stimulated, the less I dwell on things. For me there is no line between not thinking about things and obsessing and dwelling on them. The more distractions for my mind the better, lol.

TimFan222
02-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Soda thanks for help with avatar. I think i got. Do you like it?

new orlwans baby
02-26-2014, 12:47 PM
I WAS ON THE 3RD LEVEL FOR THE CONCERT AND I WAS REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR NOT DOING A WHOLE LOT OF MOVING AROUND, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SECOND HALF. THEN I REMEMBERED FROM REVIEWS ABOUT POLICEMAN,( OR WHOEVER THEY WERE) HIRED AT THE CONCERTS FOR " CROWD CONTROL" GIVE ME A BREAK, BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS REQUESTED BY THE BAND. I THINK HENLEY AND FREY WERE WORRIED ABOUT " US OLD FOLKS"( HA HA HA HA HA HA , CANT STOP LAUGHING!!) NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE,, WITH PEOPLE STANDING UP , DANCING, AND USING CELL PHONES. WELL, AS THE TOUR MOVES ALONG MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHTEN UP, AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A LOT OF THE CONCERTS.. I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!! I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS WHERE THE RULES WERE NOT THIS HARSH!!! ANYWAY I STILL LOVED THE SHOW!!

Brooke
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!!

Hopefully, they will tell Joe to use the 'hatcam' when people are up having a good time and dancing rather than when they are sitting, biting their nails! They may have to think this through...don't want to get pictures on the big screen of scared or sleeping fans! :hilarious:

Freypower
02-26-2014, 05:55 PM
I WAS ON THE 3RD LEVEL FOR THE CONCERT AND I WAS REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR NOT DOING A WHOLE LOT OF MOVING AROUND, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SECOND HALF. THEN I REMEMBERED FROM REVIEWS ABOUT POLICEMAN,( OR WHOEVER THEY WERE) HIRED AT THE CONCERTS FOR " CROWD CONTROL" GIVE ME A BREAK, BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS REQUESTED BY THE BAND. I THINK HENLEY AND FREY WERE WORRIED ABOUT " US OLD FOLKS"( HA HA HA HA HA HA , CANT STOP LAUGHING!!) NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE,, WITH PEOPLE STANDING UP , DANCING, AND USING CELL PHONES. WELL, AS THE TOUR MOVES ALONG MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHTEN UP, AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A LOT OF THE CONCERTS.. I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!! I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS WHERE THE RULES WERE NOT THIS HARSH!!! ANYWAY I STILL LOVED THE SHOW!!

I hate to do this but could you plese take note of one of this board's netiquette guidelines:

1. Avoid using all caps when typing your posts. On the Internet, all caps has come to signify yelling, screaming, or anger.

sodascouts
02-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Soda thanks for help with avatar. I think i got. Do you like it?

I do!

NYC Fan
02-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Soda-

Thanks for the incredibly in-depth review! I love reading all those little details. Hope the guys are feeling better soon and glad you had such a great time!

Grego
02-27-2014, 02:38 AM
My seat was in Section D Floor and in the first part of the show, before intermission, an usher walked down a row several times to tell people to put away their phones. One of them knocked my jacket off the chair in front of me and onto the floor and then stepped on it! She did apologize. After intermission they chilled out some and allowed everyone to stand and move about.

I saw the Eagles in Las Vegas in March 2013 and as great a show as it was they played for less than 2 hours although there was no intermission. It was really good to see Timothy sing his two songs in New Orleans because he didn't sing solos in Vegas. Obviously his health is much improved or he would not be able to undertake the rigors of such a long tour!

StephUK
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm sad to keep reading about all these concert rules. When I go to a show I want to enjoy myself, and take some photos as a reminder of.

If the audience are under so many rules, keenly policed, that it spoils the atmosphere, then everybody loses out; the audience don't enjoy the show & the band gets less feedback.
You may remember on the F1 dvd, one of the Eagles(was it Timothy?) saying that the audience are part of the show & they know it. Not anymore, it seems.

SilverMoon
03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Here’s another review of the show:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/115412/eagles-new-orleans-la-22314/

I love what the reviewer says about Timothy:

Timothy B. Schmit, who joined The Eagles when Meisner left in 1977, took his spot next to Leadon for “Peaceful Easy Feeling.” Retaining his long mane and slim physique, Schmit would lay down some nifty bass lines throughout the night. Watching him play live really brings home the fact that his bass foundation has been a much more integral part of the band’s sound than you may have realized. Not flashy by any means of the word, Schmit did playfully coax each section of the crowd to hoot and holler during the second half of the show when the lights came on so they could see everyone’s faces.

Grego
03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Thank's for posting this review!! I was at the New Orleans show but had not seen this review!

MaryCalifornia
03-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks, SM. Cool that a reviewer is actually paying attention to the bass playing - many reviewers on this tour seem pretty focused on the voice, hair and bod (which is completely understandable)! His harmonica playing has even been mentioned more times, I think!