PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY OF THE EAGLES TOUR DVD??

new orlwans baby
02-26-2014, 12:25 PM
HEY GUYS, DOES ANYBODY KNOW YET IF THERE WILL BE A DVD OF THIS 2014 TOUR?? MAYBE INFO ISNT OUT YET....

Brooke
02-26-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't think there has been any mention of it, but we can hope! I'm sure everyone around here would want it!

Freypower
02-26-2014, 05:57 PM
It has been far too long since they released a DVD. If they are going to stop touring after this tour, they need to get one out so that we can have something to remember them by. Some bands like Rush release DVDs EVERY TOUR. It isn't good enough.

MaryCalifornia
02-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Hopefully at the upcoming shows fans will notice if they're videoing for DVD and let us know - it should be pretty obvious as far as number of cameras, operators, maybe a boom camera. :pray::pray: Maybe in Europe! I love those videos from Dublin in HOTE, maybe they'll do it there!

Glennsallnighter
02-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Maybe you'll see me, Desperada and Divine Don in it!

PJ
02-26-2014, 08:25 PM
There was one camera man walking back and forth in front of the stage in Atlanta. He was filming moments of each on individually. He only filmed maybe 45 mins. or so, then we didn't see him anymore. It was very random, he would start and stop, walking back and forth, spending a few minutes focused on one person.

sodascouts
02-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Hmmm. That sounds like it might be filming for clips to put in a commercial, probably to be shown in Europe.

Who knows, though!

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Maybe you'll see me, Desperada and Divine Don in it!

That would be soooo cool GA!!!

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Can I preorder this DVD now? :hilarious: I want it so badly!!!

thelastresort
02-27-2014, 12:40 AM
TBS also announced that they were filming during the Farewell 1 DVD, so I'd assume there'd be some sort of indication on the day. I would also assume it will be somewhere more glamorous, such as LA or London, as opposed to some of the smaller or less desirable places they're playing, such as Leeds in the UK (wrong side of the Pennine Hills ;)), purely based on marketing perspective. I can't imagine, if this is their last extensive tour, that they'll do nothing; they have a huge, loyal fanbase, and I honestly think they are one of the biggest bands of all time. Also, if some are to be believed, I'd assume Mr Frey and Mr Henley wouldn't mind the extra money in their pockets too ;)

(It would be unspeakably awesome if in secret they've collated footage from their entire tenure, and release 7 / 8 concerts in one go. Alas I think I'm in the realms of fantasy.)

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't think it would be entirely impossible, but it could have more to do with the acoustics and layouts of some venues being more suitable than others. For example, will they like to show some audience shots of them entirely seated (like in London) or show some standing and (God forbid) dancing (Dublin)? And I'm sure some venues which are entirely dedicated to musical performances might have better acoustics than those that do sport as well!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Since the new fabulous Forum in L.A. is supposedly state of the art in terms of acoustics, I figured they may be the shows that would be chosen for a DVD. They did multiple shows, plus they did the one-time performance of 7BR and How Long (gasp!). They were filming the shows, but there were no announcements about it or any DVD.

Like everyone else, I am crossing my fingers that we will get a DVD eventually, especially since we didn't get one for the LROOE tour. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Brooke
02-28-2014, 12:57 PM
That would be wonderful!

Ok, everybody.....:pray: :pray: :pray:

bluefeather
02-28-2014, 07:05 PM
:pray::pray::pray::)

KellyGal
03-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to have 9th row floor seats at the January 15th opening night at the Forum and throughout the show I noticed at least 1 guy with a very expensive video camera filming the show and the audience.

I happened to turn to look at him just as he aimed it at me...I hate having my picture taken...memories of bad school photos...shiver...

but I think I was already smiling just because of the show before I quickly freaked out and turned away.

I can only HOPE it means an upcoming DVD.

Happy Friday everyone.

Cheers,
KellyGal

sodascouts
03-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Gosh - that would be so cool! Here's hoping!

shunlvswx
03-01-2014, 12:46 PM
If they are going to stop touring after the European tour then I'm screwed. That means I will never get to see them.:worried:

It would be nice to have DVD of the HOTE tour. I have F1 and I love watching it.

sad-cafe
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
oh please oh please!

rick endres
03-04-2014, 04:41 PM
All I can say is that I would pay good money to have a DVD of what I saw on the video screen last night in Cincinnati. My son (who ran sound for the Indigo Girls when they came to Northern Kentucky University) pointed out some guys out on a catwalk armed with industrial-strength video cams. There were fades and dissolves and close ups, shots of Joe's and Bernie's and Glenn's fingers flying up and down the fretboard, shots of the crowd from Joe's "baseball cap cam" rig (a'la Melbourne), and shots of Joe and the stage from a camera mounted on the headstock of Joe's guitar. There were guys with video cams hovering around the stage.

What I saw on that screen was very professional looking. I can't imagine they'd be going to all that trouble just for giggles...

johnnycomelately89
03-28-2014, 01:45 AM
in Europe! I love those videos from Dublin in HOTE, maybe they'll do it there!

i totally agree! they're going to italy before hitting the pnw, i would love to watch the guys play there!

Keith
03-28-2014, 05:49 AM
All I can say is that I would pay good money to have a DVD of what I saw on the video screen last night in Cincinnati. My son (who ran sound for the Indigo Girls when they came to Northern Kentucky University) pointed out some guys out on a catwalk armed with industrial-strength video cams. There were fades and dissolves and close ups, shots of Joe's and Bernie's and Glenn's fingers flying up and down the fretboard, shots of the crowd from Joe's "baseball cap cam" rig (a'la Melbourne), and shots of Joe and the stage from a camera mounted on the headstock of Joe's guitar. There were guys with video cams hovering around the stage.

What I saw on that screen was very professional looking. I can't imagine they'd be going to all that trouble just for giggles...
The Indigo Girls! Those two know a bit about great vocals. I ran many miles with a Walkman and the Nomads, Indians, and Saints cassette.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-28-2014, 06:14 AM
In my daily prayers ......please god send a hote dvd our way

zeldabjr
03-28-2014, 03:46 PM
In my daily prayers ......please god send a hote dvd our way

oh yes tt...from your lips to God's ears!!

sad-cafe
03-30-2014, 06:30 PM
oh yes tt...from your lips to God's ears!!

ditto

Tiffanny Twisted
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
fingers crossed

sad-cafe
04-01-2014, 09:40 PM
toes too

irga
07-10-2014, 08:16 AM
I don't think there has been any mention of it, but we can hope! I'm sure everyone around here would want it!

Oh, definitely!
Especially those, who got to see the mini-HOTE-concert version :unimpressed:
And those, who didn't get a chance to see HOTE at all.

So, fingers and toes crossed, and - as we do it here (instead of crossing them) - thumbs kept! :-)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/rokitka/Other/kciuki_zpsc19ea737.jpg

07-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I wonder if the band is going to release a DVD of this tour if maybe they'll take a somewhat different approach than they did with F1. Instead of filming a series of shows in one location, maybe they will assemble footage from a lot of different shows and piece it together. One thing that makes me thing this could be a possibility is that they seem to be wearing the same clothing over and over much more than usual, which would make it easier to edit this kind of DVD. Just a thought, but, in any event, I'll welcome anything they do.

thelastresort
07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Don't like cut and paste DVDs personally, there's no continuity and it's hard to get really into the concert, plus there's no atmosphere. I'd rather it was just done over one evening. Even if it's not perfect (let's say someone is slightly poor on a vocal or one of the solos is a tad off) I'd much prefer that than cutting and pasting from over the course of two years.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't like cut and paste DVDs personally, there's no continuity and it's hard to get really into the concert, plus there's no atmosphere. I'd rather it was just done over one evening. Even if it's not perfect (let's say someone is slightly poor on a vocal or one of the solos is a tad off) I'd much prefer that than cutting and pasting from over the course of two years.

I agree with what you've said, but I don't know of a video where the Eagles didn't cut and paste over two or more nights. So they are unlikely to keep that from stopping them. Even the Live album, wasn't that over two nights?

thelastresort
07-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I don't so much mind over one or two nights at the same place (like F1 in Melbourne over three), but I would have problems getting into something like where Already Gone was filmed in Pittsburgh in July 2013, being followed immediately by Best of My Love filmed in Leeds in May 2014. It would feel a bit artificial if you know what I mean.

(Didn't Eagles Live come from about four or five? It has TITTL which would have been from two years earlier at the least.)

Freypower
07-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I don't so much mind over one or two nights at the same place (like F1 in Melbourne over three), but I would have problems getting into something like where Already Gone was filmed in Pittsburgh in July 2013, being followed immediately by Best of My Love filmed in Leeds in May 2014. It would feel a bit artificial if you know what I mean.

(Didn't Eagles Live come from about four or five? It has TITTL which would have been from two years earlier at the least.)

Yes; and TITTL & NKIT came from 1976, which I never understood. If you release a live album it should represent where you are now.

While I take Dreamer's point about them wearing the same clothes I would be against this approach being used for a DVD.

In any case, bad as this is going to sound, I have given up on it.

sodascouts
07-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Well, they wore identical suits for two years and didn't do a DVD. I'm not going to base too much on their lack of variety regarding wardrobe choices. That said, I hope I'm wrong!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Yes; and TITTL & NKIT came from 1976, which I never understood. If you release a live album it should represent where you are now.

While I take Dreamer's point about them wearing the same clothes I would be against this approach being used for a DVD.

In any case, bad as this is going to sound, I have given up on it.

Why on earth have you given up on it?? The tour isn't even over yet.

Freypower
07-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Why on earth have you given up on it?? The tour isn't even over yet.

Because there has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will be a DVD.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Because there has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will be a DVD.

Would they make a hint or suggestion while the tour is still going on and still selling tickets? Besides, it's only been 15 months since they released a DVD. Releasing them or even announcing them so close together would give the critics a field day.

07-13-2014, 12:31 PM

There also has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will not be a DVD. So, if you insist on drawing any conclusions at this point, you can just as easily choose to take the more positive view. :shrug:

thelastresort
07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
I also doubt they'd announce a DVD whilst still touring - it risks losing run of the mill fans who instead will just pay £20 for a DVD instead of £100+ for a ticket. If Frey and Henley really are as money-orientated as made out to be then surely they wouldn't turn down the potential five or six figures each they could make from a DVD - it is probably the ultimate Eagles show, more so than F1 or HFO was, stick in a couple of behind the scenes videos and interviews and they could probably quite legitimately charge a very considerable amount of money for it.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2014, 01:25 PM
I also doubt they'd announce a DVD whilst still touring - it risks losing run of the mill fans who instead will just pay £20 for a DVD instead of £100+ for a ticket. If Frey and Henley really are as money-orientated as made out to be then surely they wouldn't turn down the potential five or six figures each they could make from a DVD - it is probably the ultimate Eagles show, more so than F1 or HFO was, stick in a couple of behind the scenes videos and interviews and they could probably quite legitimately charge a very considerable amount of money for it.

Whatever reasons or combination thereof that actually get such a thing out and available for sale, I'm all for! I think I mentioned before, I would love it if they did like Zep did with Celebration Day, a DVD and audio CDs, so that I can listen on the long drives I make without having to illegally rip the audio from the DVD.

sodascouts
07-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I try to keep my hopes high, but in many ways, it's safer to hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than hope for much and be disappointed.

Stevie Nicks actually went to the trouble and expense of filming a concert in Australia for the specific purpose of releasing it on a DVD. Not only did we have reason to hope, we thought it was in the bag. However, at the 11th hour, she junked the project when she didn't like how she looked. I couldn't help but notice that on the HOTE DVD, there was only one very brief clip of live footage post-Farewell 1, even when they were talking about the LROOE era. We all commented on it at the time and wondered about it. I think the guys have aged quite well, but they might be harder on themselves. Stevie certainly is; I have a bootleg of that show and she is gorgeous in it, yet she wasn't satisfied. As I said elsewhere, this also helps explain the hyper-vigilance about videos and photos that intensifies with every passing year.

Also, I remember having a very similar discussion a few years ago. Several asserted with confidence that the Eagles would make a DVD of the LROOE tour - some used the two years of wearing suits as "evidence" that the Eagles were surely filming the shows for the purposes of a DVD release - and just like this discussion, it was reasoned that they were filming the best performances from a variety of shows on the tour despite the fact that the Eagles themselves had never said they would be putting out a LROOE tour DVD. I desperately hoped the speculation was right... but all those hopes didn't make it materialize.

I'm not saying we should give up hope; however, I'm certainly not going to scold people who don't share that hope. We've been burned before. It's hardly surprising that some people are reluctant to enter into the same speculation again, much less declare another tour DVD which has never even been hinted at by the guys themselves to be highly likely and something we have every reason to expect.

Time will tell.

I will say that I am certainly hoping the optimists get the chance to say "I told you so!" How wonderful it would be to look back on this thread in a year's time and chuckle at my needless worries, right before I hit "play" on my HOTE live DVD. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2014, 02:31 PM
I see what you're saying, Soda, even agree with it to some extent. Getting one's hopes too high on anything but a sure thing is a great way to feel yourself come crashing to the ground later. On the other hand, the DVDs could be made and sitting in storage containers and the press release all ready to go and it still wouldn't happen while the tour is still going on, IMO. So while my hopes aren't necessarily up, I see no reason to give up all hope just because there's been no hint at it. In fact, if there had been a hint out there, I would have been totally shocked.

07-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Well to clarify my post, I was simply trying to point out that I believe it is too early for us to know either way whether or not there will be a DVD. I'm definitely not making a prediction because I haven't seen any evidence to support either argument. I just prefer to keep an open mind until I hear otherwise.

Also, I remember having a very similar discussion a few years ago. Several asserted with confidence that the Eagles would make a DVD of the LROOE tour - some used the two years of wearing suits as "evidence" that the Eagles were surely filming the shows for the purposes of a DVD release - and just like this discussion, it was reasoned that they were filming the best performances from a variety of shows on the tour despite the fact that the Eagles themselves had never said they would be putting out a LROOE tour DVD. I desperately hoped the speculation was right... but all those hopes didn't make it materialize.

And Soda - to your point here, I don't really recall specifically who argued what back then, but in fairness, it wasn't entirely implausible rationale at the time, other than, as now, it was all speculation. We, obviously, don't know what the band's plans are with respect to these matters. However, I'll say this - if there was any initial thought on their part to film a DVD with the suits during the LROOE tour, I'm not at all surprised that the idea was nixed by the band considering the amount of flack they received about those suits.

Freypower
07-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I try to keep my hopes high, but in many ways, it's safer to hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than hope for much and be disappointed.

Stevie Nicks actually went to the trouble and expense of filming a concert in Australia for the specific purpose of releasing it on a DVD. Not only did we have reason to hope, we thought it was in the bag. However, at the 11th hour, she junked the project when she didn't like how she looked. I couldn't help but notice that on the HOTE DVD, there was only one very brief clip of live footage post-Farewell 1, even when they were talking about the LROOE era. We all commented on it at the time and wondered about it. I think the guys have aged quite well, but they might be harder on themselves. Stevie certainly is; I have a bootleg of that show and she is gorgeous in it, yet she wasn't satisfied. As I said elsewhere, this also helps explain the hyper-vigilance about videos and photos that intensifies with every passing year.

I'm not saying we should give up hope; however, I'm certainly not going to scold people who don't share that hope. We've been burned before. It's hardly surprising that some people are reluctant to enter into the same speculation again, much less declare another tour DVD which has never even been hinted at by the guys themselves to be highly likely and something we have every reason to expect.

Time will tell.

I will say that I am certainly hoping the optimists get the chance to say "I told you so!" How wonderful it would be to look back on this thread in a year's time and chuckle at my needless worries, right before I hit "play" on my HOTE live DVD. :)

Well, Soda, thanks for at least trying to understand what I was saying. I suppose I was too honest.

When the F1 DVD was announced we knew about it well in advance. It was announced that they would be making a DVD at the time they announced the Australian tour, so in my view the fact that the HOTE tour is still in progress is not relevant. Like everyone else I hope I am proved wrong but I won't speculate further.

TimothyBFan
07-14-2014, 08:01 AM
I believe we've talked before about it but what happens to all the video that is taken at each of the concerts? Someone is sitting on a gold mine. I'll take anything they'd throw at me.

And tho I'm more of a glass half full kind of gal- I had to agree when I read, FP's post- I'm not holding my breath either. I also hope I'm proven wrong.

owen.johns
05-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Definitely need a DVD of the tour--been a long time since Melbourne! Amazing to see Joe step up at Hope Estate in Oz.

Houston Baby
05-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Definitely need a DVD of the tour--been a long time since Melbourne! Amazing to see Joe step up at Hope Estate in Oz.

I'm sure we ALL totally agree! :thumbsup:

And WELCOME O.J.!!!
Hope you enjoy it here!

sodascouts
05-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Agreed - and welcome!

05-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Okay - I'm with the rest of you on the DVD. And o.j, welcome from me too.

ryanhuntmuzik
09-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Really hope there is a DVD in the works.

Brooke
09-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Have we ever heard mention of a dvd at all?

I sure wish they would do one, too!

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 06:49 PM
I really hope now there will be a DVD of the final tour

I have always wanted the Witchy Woman new arrangement

I think it would sell extremely well and fast

Outlawman13
01-24-2016, 08:35 PM
I hope there will be as well!! To have another memory of the Eagles and Glenn

WalshFan88
01-24-2016, 09:14 PM
I certainly hope they do a DVD from the HOTE tour and also LROOE and anything else they want to release.

deb828
01-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Agree! Having HOTE on DVD would be absolutely wonderful!

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 09:56 PM
I think it would sell massive numbers.

Maybe with most of the proceeds to go to Glenn's children

Freypower
01-24-2016, 11:42 PM
I think it would sell massive numbers.

Maybe with most of the proceeds to go to Glenn's children

With the greatest respect, I do not believe the children will be badly off.

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:21 AM
no but Otis is 13 Hopefully he will go to college. I hope he doesnt' have to worry about what college because his dad has passed

Brooke
01-25-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't think any of them will have to worry. Ever!

Witchy Woman
01-27-2016, 01:42 AM
I doubt very highly there will be any DVD. They would have recorded it at a major venue (i.e. MSG or The Forum), and there would have been signs up that you may be recorded at the concert. I have not heard of any of this happening, nor did I witness it myself.

MaryCalifornia
01-27-2016, 11:59 AM
I had high hopes after that first LA show when they sang 7B and there were more cameras, but then, nothing after that...

And yes, none of the Eagles' children need help paying for college, or anything for that matter, for the rest of their lives!!! These are the kids who in their 20s have multi-million dollar homes - and those are Timothy's kids! Imagine Don's and Glenn's!

Victim of Love
01-27-2016, 06:50 PM
HEADS UP...just saw an ad on CNN for a broadcast of History of the Eagles this Saturday (1/30) at 8 p.m. EST.

Outlawman13
01-28-2016, 11:32 PM
OHH that is too cool!!! Can't wait!!

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2016, 06:50 AM
no but Otis is 13 Hopefully he will go to college. I hope he doesnt' have to worry about what college because his dad has passed

I'm sure Glenn :heart: would have made provision for that a long time ago

wasl89
02-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Really hope there is a DVD in the works.

Everybody who loves the Eagles is hoping for the same thing!

Jim_e_d
02-17-2016, 10:30 PM
I just joined today. I had floor seats for the tour in Boise Idaho and would love to have a copy of what was displayed on the big screens.....If they did that at every concert, they had to have authorized a concert to be recorded for possible release....If not...Don, Timothy, Joe and Bernie (and maybe include Randy and...if the bad blood can be removed Don,) to release this last tour as a DVD like the Melbourne concert.

02-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Welcome Jim_Ed. There's probably not many Eagles fans out there that wouldn't love to see a History of the Eagles Tour DVD. Who knows if it will ever happen? Glenn was usually the impetus behind these kinds of projects for the band, so we'll just have to wait and see if anyone fills his shoes in this regard.

Gnrguy
09-18-2016, 06:59 AM
Hope for a dvd, loved the tour

thelastresort
09-18-2016, 08:34 AM
I have to be honest, I can't see it happening now. It ended over a year ago now and we've heard absolutely nothing. I can't imagine subsequent events will have helped either, since Glenn tended to be the head honcho for production, editing etc.

Freypower
09-18-2016, 06:18 PM
I have to be honest, I can't see it happening now. It ended over a year ago now and we've heard absolutely nothing. I can't imagine subsequent events will have helped either, since Glenn tended to be the head honcho for production, editing etc.

They totally dropped the ball with this & even more so with LROOE. People kept saying about LROOE that perhaps they didn't like their performances. I think they should have let their fans judge. I don't know about HOTE. Glenn's declining health would be visible in it.

At this rate we will have no (new) vidoes to remember Glenn at all. Surely something can be done.

thelastresort
09-19-2016, 06:00 AM
Indeed, it's bizarre for a band as huge as the Eagles to only have one full concert released on DVD (F1), with two others showing only abridged versions of concerts, one of which must be purchased as part of a documentary set and the other probably one of the most odd concerts they ever did. I have never understood why they have such a strong aversion as a band to the LROOE era, but they must have their reasons. I hope that they are sitting on a monumental amount of footage and just decide to release it now since it's very unlikely they have a future together, however I don't hold out much hope. Probably the only thing that really grates on me about the band is their lack of official live or DVD releases.

Philh
09-29-2016, 07:24 AM
I would have thought Irving would have organised a DVD release as the F1
DVD sold really well.
I Tunes have the How Long official video but not Busy
Being Fabulous and they only have one video of Glenn solo.
Still hoping for a HOTE DVD. Maybe with all these 'bootleg' cd's appearing on Amazon, this might give the powers that be the impetus to release a DVD or bluray

Montan
11-12-2016, 05:22 PM
TBS also announced that they were filming during the Farewell 1 DVD, so I'd assume there'd be some sort of indication on the day. I would also assume it will be somewhere more glamorous, such as LA or London, as opposed to some of the smaller or less desirable places they're playing, such as Leeds in the UK (wrong side of the Pennine Hills ;)), purely based on marketing perspective. I can't imagine, if this is their last extensive tour, that they'll do nothing; they have a huge, loyal fanbase, and I honestly think they are one of the biggest bands of all time. Also, if some are to be believed, I'd assume Mr Frey and Mr Henley wouldn't mind the extra money in their pockets too ;)

(It would be unspeakably awesome if in secret they've collated footage from their entire tenure, and release 7 / 8 concerts in one go. Alas I think I'm in the realms of fantasy.)

I went to Leeds to watch the band and I thought that it was a good arena; granted not as big as London or Manchester etc, but for me that only added to the enjoyment because I could get near to the stage. I am sure that the other 12,000 plus people that also attended would say the same

Jonny Come Lately
11-12-2016, 06:28 PM
I hope tlr doesn't mind me saying this but I think his comments were meant in jest - if memory serves he's a Lancastrian and the idea of praising anything in or from Yorkshire probably pains him greatly. :wink: Even if it's Eagles-related!

thelastresort
11-13-2016, 11:29 AM
You are indeed correct JCL. The point was a serious one: if they were to do it I would assume it would have been in a much more prominent city and larger arena than some of the places they played, the Leeds bit was just my legal obligation as a Lancastrian. ;)