PDA

View Full Version : Concert Staff Video Camera Operator

Keith
03-01-2014, 06:57 PM
A question for those folks who have been lucky enough to sit in the first couple of rows during this tour: Does the staff video camera operator and his/her equipment greatly interfere with the view. I think VK briefly mentioned a problem with this in Raleigh, when she was front row on Joe's side. Many Thanks!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
When the guys are sitting down 'acoustic' style, the first five songs or so, yes, but only in the middle and to Joe's side. I sat on the center aisle seat on the side section, not center, and it was nearly completely blocked for me and the person next to me for those songs. It's the tripod camera at that spot and so higher, and the stage didn't seem as high. The other camera guy moves a lot, so if he interferes, it's not for long. Once they stand up (Doolin Daltin) it goes to an occassional block where I sat and in other places, and there's not much of a block at all in the second set.

chaleymom
03-18-2014, 01:40 PM
We sat directly in front of Joe in the first row at Cincinnati and yes, the camera guy blocked us for the first 4-5 songs (but he told us that was going to happen and he was very nice). It was actually kind of cool that we could see his screen and see the photos he was taking! hah!

Didn't really bother us.

johnnycomelately89
03-28-2014, 02:03 AM
A question for those folks who have been lucky enough to sit in the first couple of rows during this tour: Does the staff video camera operator and his/her equipment greatly interfere with the view. I think VK briefly mentioned a problem with this in Raleigh, when she was front row on Joe's side. Many Thanks!

i was row 4 in seattle on Timothy's side and at first i thought that they would but they didn't at all.