PDA

View Full Version : Hi from England

Sprout
03-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Sprout and I'm embarrassed to have to say I've only been a Eagles fan since last March when I was lucky enough to see them perform in Las Vegas. Obviously, I'm way behind you all on knowledge about this great band (about 39 years worth) but I can tell already I'm going to learn a lot from your informative posts before I see them perform again in June.....Yay!!
So glad to be a member on this great site!!

Grego
03-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Caroline, aka Sprout and I'm embarrassed to have to say I've only been a Eagles fan since last March when I was lucky enough to see them perform in Las Vegas. Obviously, I'm way behind you all on knowledge about this great band (about 39 years worth) but I can tell already I'm going to learn a lot from your informative posts before I see them perform again in June.....Yay!!
So glad to be a member on this great site!!

Welcome Caroline! Before long you will be
sprouting information yourself! Have fun! This is a great website! I'm new here myself.:jawdrop::

Houston Baby
03-02-2014, 06:44 PM
WELCOME SPROUT!!

This place is a wealth of information & I hope you have alot of fun learning more @ the EAGLES. If you have the time you can go thru the various threads & learn tons. Awesome that you will see them in June.

BTW I was also at the March 2013 Vegas show. As great as that show was, the HOTE show will blow you away! Savor the anticipation! !

timfan
03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Welcome Caroline Glad you've found us! :)

sodascouts
03-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome!

Witchy Woman
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome, Sprout !!

bluefeather
03-02-2014, 07:33 PM
welcome and:thumbsup::hilarious: for your name

Tiffanny Twisted
03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
:rockon::rockon:welcome and enjoy your time with us here on the border

Brooke
03-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Welcome Sprout!

Sprout
03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome😊

zeldabjr
03-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi Sprout!! and welcome to the Border!!...I know you will love it here! I see you're kind of new to the Eagles...do you have any favorite songs? :wave:

Midnight_Flyer
03-03-2014, 10:06 PM
welcome :)
hope you have a great time here :thumbsup:
everyone here is lovely and they make you feel right at home :D

MaryCalifornia
03-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi Sprout, so glad you got to see the Eagles in Vegas. You may or not may know that was the first time that Timothy sang since he was treated for throat cancer in late 2012, so that was an important show for those of us here on the Border. He sounds even better now!! You are so lucky to see them in June! Welcome.

Islander canuck
03-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Welcome!!

Sprout
03-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Sprout!! and welcome to the Border!!...I know you will love it here! I see you're kind of new to the Eagles...do you have any favorite songs? :wave:

I have a new favourite song every day 😊
Not sure it was the same for everyone but after HOTE was on TV over here, the BBC showed an Eagles concert from 1973 featuring the original line up of Don, Glen, Bernie and Randy (sorry, you all knew that !! )
Anyway, I've watched this show over and over and I like Bernie singing 'Train leaves here this morning' and also Randy singing 'certain kind of fool'.
To be honest, I've yet to hear an Eagles song that I don't like. Plus, I've got the advantage of being a new fan of this group so it's great hearing new songs, it's like they've only just been released.😃
I can't wait until June :rockon:

Sprout
03-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi Sprout, so glad you got to see the Eagles in Vegas. You may or not may know that was the first time that Timothy sang since he was treated for throat cancer in late 2012, so that was an important show for those of us here on the Border. He sounds even better now!! You are so lucky to see them in June! Welcome.

I went to the Las Vegas show with my American friend, Grego, who's also new to this site, but has been an Eagles fan forever😊. We didn't realise that Timothy was recovering from throat cancer until after we had seen the show, although Greg had said they usually perform for 3 hours and was surprised it had only lasted for two.
I'm so glad he's back to full health and can't wait to hear him perform in June.

MaryCalifornia
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Sprout, I love TLHTM, too! It is my 6:15 alarm on my iPhone, my husband cracks up every time it comes on. You are so lucky to get to hear Bernie sing it live right in front of you in June, it is fantastic!!!

rick endres
03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi, Caroline. Welcome aboard! I just got here yesterday myself.

DivineDon
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm new here too just across the Irish Sea from you so welcome. Like you I only really 'got' into the Eagles since HOTE was on the Beeb last year and am only now really appreciating their genius 'though I've been in love with Don H forever :heart:

WalshFan88
03-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Welcome!

Sprout
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm new here too just across the Irish Sea from you so welcome. Like you I only really 'got' into the Eagles since HOTE was on the Beeb last year and am only now really appreciating their genius 'though I've been in love with Don H forever :heart:

Hi DivineDon, good to know I'm not alone in being a newbie Eagles fan 😊
Will you be seeing the boys in concert when they come to Europe ??:rockon:

zeldabjr
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM

Hi DivineDon...don't think I have welcomed you...Glad to have you on the Border...Hope you enjoy it here!!! :wave:

DivineDon
03-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Hi DivineDon, good to know I'm not alone in being a newbie Eagles fan ��
Will you be seeing the boys in concert when they come to Europe ??:rockon:

Sure will, fingers crossed.

4th June Dublin.

Sigh :applause:

tjh532
03-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome to The Border! Always glad to have new faces :partytime: