PDA

View Full Version : View of Don on Drums

Keith
03-22-2014, 05:21 PM
One of the only let downs that I have had with close floor seats is not being able to see Don sing when he is on the drums, at the back, during the 2nd half of the History tour. The problem is the cymbal that is to his left. This was my experience, only when I was on the floor on Joe's side: on row 1, close to the center aisle, and on row 5, close to the outside aisle.

For our next show, we will be on the floor, Row 2, center stage (SEC 2), but close to the aisle on Joe's side. I think I might actually be able to see him sing Hotel California with my naked eye, as opposed to the screen, this time.

Would any of you folks who have sat in that area tell us about your experience and if you had any issues with the view?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2014, 05:43 PM
It depends how close to the aisle you are! If you're right on the aisle, I don't think you will be able to see him as he sings. It's occurred to me that it's been a very long time since I've been center section and close to the aisle, so I don't remember it well. Also, HC isn't my favorite song by any stretch. I'm not sure how many seats wide the section is, but if it's the typical 15, I think if you're within 4 seats of the aisle, that cymbal is gonna make you mad. In Atlantic City I was about six seats from the aisle, and my view of him was partially obstructed as I recall.

sodascouts
03-22-2014, 09:44 PM
My experience has been that it's a bit difficult to see Don from the front center even near the aisle, but every venue is different.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah - I would have to say that I have also found it difficult to see Don at times when he's behind the drums. Whenever I really want to get a good look at him, I defer to the big screens.