PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman retiring

ktdids
04-03-2014, 10:29 PM
David Letterman is retiring next year, he announced it at today's show taping. The end of an era in late night TV.
Makes me feel old.

sodascouts
04-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Me too. I used to think he was so cool....

Aw man. :(

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Ok I am old....but this is so sad ...I love his show .....he is so funny
and Darlene Love singing Baby please come home for Christmas on Christmas eve is a staple around here.

DJ
04-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Personally I don't care much for David Letterman. He's funny and all but to me some of his stuff is rude. He has a ranch near where I live and the close neighbors don't have a lot of nice stuff to say about him.

sodascouts
04-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Did you guys hear that Stephen Colbert will be replacing him? He's funny, but I wonder what he'll be like out of "character."

lizzyplays
04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
I kind of like the choice of Stephen Colbert as a replacement! Not what I think most people would expect, but definitely he brings the dry, smart-ass comedy similar to Dave's. I imagine and this is only my opinion, that Stephen will probably stay in 'character' in some form or another. I think he's sharp and I like his brand of humor.

tbsfan
04-21-2014, 02:16 PM
He has said he won't be doing the show in character. A year or two ago Colbert did an hour- long interview with Oprah on her network. I imagine it can be found online somewhere. He was quite charming and seems very grounded. As a fan who has been watching Letterman pretty much her entire adult life I can't imagine a better person to take over the show.

Stephen will be a guest on Dave's show tomorrow night (4/22).

lizzyplays
04-21-2014, 07:08 PM
He has said he won't be doing the show in character. A year or two ago Colbert did an hour- long interview with Oprah on her network. I imagine it can be found online somewhere. He was quite charming and seems very grounded. As a fan who has been watching Letterman pretty much her entire adult life I can't imagine a better person to take over the show.

Stephen will be a guest on Dave's show tomorrow night (4/22).

It will be great to see him out of character then! I agree with you. He was a perfect choice.

tbsfan
04-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Here are the pages for Oprah's interviews with both Letterman and Colbert.

David Letterman on Oprah's Next Chapter - January 2013 (http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Oprahs-Next-Chapter-David-Letterman)

Stephen Colbert on Oprah's Next Chapter - September 2012 (http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Oprahs-Next-Chapter-Stephen-Colbert)