PDA

View Full Version : no more cloudy days

new orlwans baby
04-04-2014, 11:06 AM
BEAUTIFULl song i had never heard by GF. got the farewell tour dvd and he sang that song in that concert. need to listen to it on u tube if you have never heard it !! oh and by the way that is a fantastic dvd. the horn players really add alot!!!!

prayfordaylight
04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Definitely one of my faves on LROOE.

thelastresort
04-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Never cared for it at all. I Love to Watch a Woman Dance is probably my favourite Glenn number from LROOE. Something about NMCD never really clicked for me.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Never cared for it at all. I Love to Watch a Woman Dance is probably my favourite Glenn number from LROOE. Something about NMCD never really clicked for me.

I like it and listen to it a lot, but I have to be careful what mood I'm in. I'm not an R&B kind of person, and if I'm already feeling blue, this song can put me over the top into all out 'wanting to cry my eyes out for no particular reason'.

Of course, my favorite Glenn song off LROOE is What Do I Do With My Heart.

Freypower
04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I like it and listen to it a lot, but I have to be careful what mood I'm in. I'm not an R&B kind of person, and if I'm already feeling blue, this song can put me over the top into all out 'wanting to cry my eyes out for no particular reason'.

Of course, my favorite Glenn song off LROOE is What Do I Do With My Heart.

Do you see NMCD as an R&B song? How? I thought it was a straight ballad. It was influenced by David Gray.

I was one of the first people to see it performed, and I have loved it ever since. It's a shame that it seems to be overlooked by fans these days.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I do like it, a lot, and when I'm in the right mood, it's one I play over and over. Of course, I try to sing along to it and hurt my own ears, but I do like it.

I guess I feel it's blues because while it has a great theme, an uplifting theme (no more cloudy days, I believe in second chances, etc), the tune and tone of voice are haunting and sad. The sax part is the same. In short, very blues-like. Most of the reviews I read of it classified it as a Blues song (that was all before I joined this board, of course, so I didn't read the reviews here).

Ive always been a dreamer
04-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I really like NMCD too, but, TBH, it is one of my least favorite of Glenn's songs on LROOE. My top three are What Do I Do With My Heart, Somebody, and You Are Not Alone (not counting How Long since that is a co-lead). I know WDIDWMH is a co-lead too, but Glenn sings a big portion of the song by himself so I counted it. FWIW - How Long is my favorite song from the CD(s).