PDA

View Full Version : new kid in town from Belgrade

GoranV
04-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Hello. My name is Goran and I am from Belgrade. I like the Eagles and your forum very much. I would like participate. Thank you.

bluefeather
04-07-2014, 12:35 PM
you are very welcome to participate, Goran, enjoy:-)

Houston Baby
04-07-2014, 01:44 PM
WELCOME GORAN!!

Very happy that you decided to join! Hope you enjoy participating here with all us Eagles fans! How long have you been an Eagles fan and will you be attending any of the concerts in Europe?

HAVE FUN!! :headbang:

prayfordaylight
04-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Welcome!

GoranV
04-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Thank you!. you are nice.

I'm a fan since I was 15, back in the 80's. now I am in my 48s. Unfortunately The Eagles have never played in my city and I was unable to see them. I've seen many tribute bands, not the same of course. i love Glenn Frey. I followed his sòlo career.

DJ
04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Welcome, Goran Hope you enjoy the Forum :headbang:

tjh532
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the Border!

irga
04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Goran, so good to see you here! Welcome! :applause:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi welcome and enjoy your time here with us on the border:laugh:

sodascouts
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Welcome Goran!

MaryCalifornia
04-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Hi Goran, I am a big fan of Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic! Hope all is well in Serbia.

Witchy Woman
04-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Welcome, Goran !!

zeldabjr
04-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Hi Goran and welcome to the Border!!! Do you have a favorite Eagles song?

WalshFan88
04-08-2014, 02:16 AM
Welcome.

cricrichan
04-08-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi Goran and welcome from me too!!! :D

GoranV
04-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks. I see you are a tennis fan too Mary. great tennis players in Serbia. I am Nole Đoković supporter. He will be the number one very soon. All well in Serbia.

zeldabjr, my favourite song is Peaceful easy feelin'!!!:headbang:

Brooke
04-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Goran, welcome from me, too! Enjoy yourself!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Welcome from me too, Goran. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here on The Border.

GoranV
04-09-2014, 09:17 AM
thankyou Springboo,Brooke,Always been dreamer. the avatars of glenn that you have are great! Springbo: your avatar is a Eagles concert? which?
:headbang::headbang:

GoranV
04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
It's Randy Meisner solo, from a youtube video on the Randy Meisnettes site called , "Gotta Get Away." There are a lot of great Eagles videos on there too. You should check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFJYWDZQPLk

ahh, this is the guy who left the eagles long time ago because he lost his voice?

Ive always been a dreamer
04-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Goran, since you are new to the board, it may be helpful to set the facts straight here. Although Randy, at times, didn't want to perform Take It to the Limit, he didn't leave the Eagles because he lost his voice. As a matter of fact, he performed and recorded for quite a few years after he left the band. I'm not going to go into details surrounding Randy's departure from the band here in your welcome thread, but there is lots of information in other threads on the board, in many books and interviews about the band, and, most recently, in the History of th Eagles documentary film if you want to learn more about it.

GoranV
04-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Goran, since you are new to the board, it may be helpful to set the facts straight here. Although Randy, at times, didn't want to perform Take It to the Limit, he didn't leave the Eagles because he lost his voice. As a matter of fact, he performed and recorded for quite a few years after he left the band. I'm not going to go into details surrounding Randy's departure from the band here in your welcome thread, but there is lots of information in other threads on the board, in many books and interviews about the band, and, most recently, in the History of th Eagles documentary film if you want to learn more about it.

:huh::huh::huh::huh: i saw the documentary you are talking about in a house of a friend. no subtitles in serbian and it is hard for me to understand english spoken. sorry. we understood that he leaves because of he couldnt sing. thanks for your help Alwaysbeenadreamer. i'll read more about this matter here. i was mistaken. apologies.

i have watched the some videos sprinbo, there is one with Glenn singing ol'55 that is amazing. :headbang:. thank you too.

DivineDon
04-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi Goran, welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here myself so nice to get more newbies. :-o

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome from me too Goran - I see you are a Glenn :heart: fan too! What's your favourite of his albums?

GoranV
04-13-2014, 11:04 AM
thank you Divinedon and Glennsallnighter. "No fun Aloud" and "Allnighter" are my favourite albums, I listened over and over when i was young. i can't choose between them because there are amazing songs in both.
Living in the Darkness, Sexy Girl, the Allnighter, She can't let go, The One you love, I found somebody are my favourites...:rockguitar: i was crazyness later with The Heat is on and Part of me, part of you. the quality of Glenn as songwriter and his good taste make clear that his contribution to the eagles have been more than significant. :yay: (despite the undeserved criticism he receives for his character). I always wonder why he doesn't write a book to close some mouths.:yuck::yuck:

DJ
04-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Goran, you should take a listen to On The Border if you want some Rock.
It's excellent too if you haven't listened you'll be pleased. :headbang:

Good Day In Hell, James Dean and Already Gone preferably.

UndertheWire
04-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Welcome Goran, and thanks for reminding me to look out "Living in Darkness". My copy of "The Allnighter" has "The Heat is On" instead. I assume mine's the UK release but it was pre-owned, so who knows.

sodascouts
04-14-2014, 09:37 PM
"Living in Darkness" didn't make all the CD versions.

GoranV
04-15-2014, 03:23 AM
i listened on the border DJ, Good Day in Hell" & Ol'55 are my favourites. underthewire thanks and enjoy listening again Livin in the darkness. my allnighter LP is a german copy I think. on the b-side is Living in the darkness and it is not "the heart is on". the american probably is different. thanyou for the info sodascauts. ill try to get it in ebay.