PDA

View Full Version : joe being inducted colorado music hall of fame

Tiffanny Twisted
04-29-2014, 06:43 AM
I just got an email that Joe is being inducted into the Colorado music hall of fame with barnstorm (and the late dan fogelberg):thumbsup:

way to go joe

shunlvswx
04-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Hmm maybe that's why they are reuniting.

Midnight Visitor
04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes, this is the event they were talking about them reuniting for.

http://cmhof.org/events/dan-fogelberg-joe-walsh-barnstorm-caribou-ranch

Houston Baby
04-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Way to go Joe & Barnstorm!! :thumbsup:

DJ
04-29-2014, 05:12 PM
I Love it. Both deserve it very much. I'm glad Dan is being recognized he was a beautiful writer/singer/artist! YAH!!! :)

sodascouts
04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Congrats to Joe and Barnstorm!

GlennLover
04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Congrats to all!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Yep - Congrats to Barnstorm!

Glad the mystery is solved. I thought it would have been unusual for them to do a full-fledged tour.

WalshFan88
05-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Congrats!

Funk 50
02-23-2016, 08:32 AM
After reading the, now defunkt, "Cleveland R'n'R HOF Gathering" thread, I was spurred on, to chase up this event.

The 2015 Inductees were Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm, and Caribou Ranch. The hold up, was the release of a Dan Fogelberg tribute album, which was awaiting a contribution from a un-named, very busy, major American Rock band.

This did come to mind, shortly after Glenn died. I mean, Which American band, probably closely associated with Dan Fogelberg and Irving Azoff, would take 5 years to finish a Fogelberg cover?

Well there has been a development.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

The album was finally completed in January 2016. The release shouldn't be too far off. I expect the induction ceremony to be around the same time or shortly after but I also expect further hitches to crop up before the induction ceremony takes place.

The 2016 inductees are a different bunch of people but I don't think they'll completely abandon the 2015 ceremony.

Looking forward to the Fogelberg tribute album. I hope Joe is on it, if not/as well as, the other Eagles.

Funk 50
04-29-2017, 05:51 AM
At last Fogelberg's tribute album is on it's way!

I was convinced that the Barnstorm induction would take place at the same time as Fogelberg's. I aint so sure now :hmm:

A TRIBUTE TO DAN FOGELBERG

The tribute CD featuring legendary recording artists performing Dan's songs will be released Thanksgiving week. There will be a concert on August 13th (Dan's birthday) that will combine a tribute to Dan with his induction into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame (we'll post more details when we have them.) Fellow inducties into the CMHoF will be his friends Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Jimmy Guercio of Caribou Ranch.

Funk 50
05-20-2017, 06:46 AM
I'd like to see this confirmed on Joe's web page but Fogelberg's site is nudging towards a confirmation.

The Colorado Music Hall of Fame class of Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch will be inducted on August 13th at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater! Advance ticket information coming in the June CMHOF newsletter.

A Barnstorm reunion is really something to look forward to. It's my all-time favorite album. :-D

Delilah
08-11-2017, 10:19 AM
In honor of Joe and Dan's induction on the 13th, here's a photo of them together.

http://i.imgur.com/nZN65lK.jpg

New Kid In Town
08-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Awe - Thanks Delilah ! Love Dan Fogelberg. He sure dose deserve the honor as dose Barnstorm.

Brooke
08-11-2017, 04:54 PM
I love Dan too.

A few years ago when my husband was working in Peoria, IL I went there for the weekend (lots of times!) and decided to look around town and try to find some "Dan" sites. I found the school where his Dad taught and a water tower that was to have been one of Dan's hangouts back in the day. There was a park and shop there too and I went inside the shop to ask about Dan. The clerk, about my age, didn't know who I was talking about! I couldn't believe it! Dan wrote songs about Illinois, for pete's sake! There was nothing commemorating him at all at that time! Now they at least have an annual tribute weekend.

sodascouts
08-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Shocking! I'm glad they have the tribute weekend, at least!

It'll be exciting for Joe to play with Barnstorm again!

Delilah
08-15-2017, 01:45 PM
This is a nice write-up about the induction, which includes Eagles associates Vince Gill and Bill Szymczyk as well as Barnstorm. Vince and his wife Amy Grant sang "Longer" and Joe is quoted as saying "I'd be working in a gas station if it wasnt for him," referring to Bill S. Garth Brooks sang another Dan song, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" the original on which Don H and Randy sang backing vocals. Throw in Richie Furay and there's even more Eagleness in the air.

http://www.westword.com/music/colorado-music-hall-of-fame-brings-garth-brooks-amy-grant-and-more-9366896

New Kid In Town
08-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Delilah - Thanks. Nice to finally see Dan honored and Bill too.

shunlvswx
08-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Ok. I didn't know Vince was there. I knew Garth was there because Joe posted a picture of him with Garth.

OK. I feel stupid, but I didn't know Dan sang Longer. I've heard of that song, but I didn't know that was him.

FreyFollower
07-15-2018, 10:41 AM
This is a nice write-up about the induction, which includes Eagles associates Vince Gill and Bill Szymczyk as well as Barnstorm. Vince and his wife Amy Grant sang "Longer" and Joe is quoted as saying "I'd be working in a gas station if it wasnt for him," referring to Bill S. Garth Brooks sang another Dan song, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" the original on which Don H and Randy sang backing vocals. Throw in Richie Furay and there's even more Eagleness in the air.

http://www.westword.com/music/colorado-music-hall-of-fame-brings-garth-brooks-amy-grant-and-more-9366896

This appears to be the show that AXS TV is showing tonight, calling it Rocky Mountain Way. Airs at 10/9c. I don't know why they don't say it was for the Colorado Music Hall of Fame.

My My
07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the post, FreyFollower. I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Joe opened the show with 3 songs, I think. Some nice pics from the early days. The middle of the show consisted of songs recorded at Caribou Ranch, since it was also an inductee. My favorite of those was "An American Dream," with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The last part of the show was all about Dan Fogelberg. Lots of great pictures and Fogelberg history. In one pic, Dan is wearing an Eagles t-shirt. Dan's widow, Jean also appeared,at the show. She said "Happy birthday Dan," as the concert took place on August 13th, his birthday. Some songs were, "Part of the Plan" with his old band, Fool's Gold, "Nether Lands" with Johnnyswim, "Run for the Roses" with NGDB and Richie Furay. My favorite was "Phoenix", done by Garth Brooks. The show ended with Garth and most of the other performers on stage doing, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler." It was very sweet and brought me back to my concert days when Dan ended his shows with that song. The audience always sang the "let it shine" verse with our Bic lighters shining brightly.
If anyone is interested in watching this show, it is going to be on again on Wednesday, July 18 at 9:00 and 11:30 pm, Eastern.

Delilah
07-16-2018, 10:17 AM
I managed to catch the last part with the tribute to Dan. It was lovely. Vince and Amy sang “Longer” and Amy sang one of her singles before that. It was nice seeing Richie perform, he can still sing well. When Garth sang “There’s a Place in The World for a Gambler” it was very moving. As My My said, there were some lovely pics in the backdrop and it was so cool to see everyone gathered together at the end.

I’m glad to hear it will be re-broadcast since I missed the beginning with Barnstorm.

East Texas Girl
07-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info ladies. I missed it last night but will set it to record on Wednesday.

shunlvswx
12-29-2022, 12:53 AM
I'm heading to Denver in a week and a half for a conference. I want to visit the famous concert venue, the Red Rocks Ampitheatre and I found out the Colorado Music Hall of fame is at the Red Rocks. Looking forward to seeing the Hall of Fame.

FreyFollower
12-29-2022, 09:51 AM
Wow, Shun, I would love to see the venue and museum! You'll have to tell us all about it! There is so much to see fairly close by, I hope time and the weather cooperate!

shunlvswx
12-30-2022, 01:27 AM
I checked the weather for that week, it’s going to be in the mid 40s and good weather. I’m hoping it stays that way since it’s 10 days out.

My most busy days at the conference are Sunday and Monday. I have a committee meeting that Wednesday of that week. So I can go either Tuesday, Thursday or after my committee meeting. Red Rocks is about 30 minutes away from Denver in Morrison. So it’s a short drive.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-30-2022, 11:53 AM
That's very cool, Shun. Hope you have a great trip.