PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B. Schmit Video Survivor

sodascouts
05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Time for the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor, where we vote off Timothy's solo music videos until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list all Timothy’s solo music videos here. Vote for the video that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The video that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more video will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

===============================

GAME OVER!

The winner of the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is ...

FRIDAY NIGHT

Videos Eliminated
Playin' It Cool 5/09
Boys' Night Out 5/11
Don't Give Up 5/13
Was It Just the Moonlight 5/15

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game!

sodascouts
05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
I cast my vote for Playin' It Cool.

I get that the song's about high school impatience, and so it's only natural that they'd show a bunch of petulant high schoolers in various classrooms the whole time, but I'm not entertained by that. Plus, although Timothy has a babyface, he doesn't look like he should be in high school... it comes off as a bit ridiculous.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Okay I see what you are saying about Playin' It Cool. It is very high school and Tim looks all of 12 years old in it. However, I still like it better than Don't Give Up. At least, Playin' It Cool has some cute action moments in it, whereas, Don't Give Up is kind of boring to me.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my two cents here even thought I'm not voting yet.

Freypower
05-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Playin' It Cool

MaryCalifornia
05-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Here are my thoughts on Playin it Cool: This video has everything - a pig with sunglasses in a sidecar, a chimpanzee, Timothy in a sleeveless shirt, Timothy in a Michael Jackson jacket, a guy in a Viking hat, cute girls with good figures doing a choreographed dance/cheer routine, an obese old lady in a referee outfit. Multiple locations, lots of extras. I think the most money was spent on this video. Very reminiscent of Fast Times, including the Spicoli and Dr. Vargas characters. Therefore, it is not my least favorite. I am kicking off:

Boys' Night Out

sad-cafe
05-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Playin' it cool

shunlvswx
05-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Playin' It Cool.

Sometimes I wonder what the heck the guys were thinking back then when they made videos. This video is one of those scratch your head moments.

tjh532
05-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Boys Night Out

irga
05-08-2014, 02:20 AM
I'm trying to take into account a few aspects of a video, including a screenplay and Timothy's looks. Having watched all the five videos, I really can't find anything that would appeal to me in Playing It Cool.
So Playin' It Cool is my vote.

SallyGee
05-08-2014, 06:41 AM
This is an easy one for me.
Playing It Cool

secret squirrel
05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I cast my vote for Playin' It Cool.

I get that the song's about high school impatience, and so it's only natural that they'd show a bunch of petulant high schoolers in various classrooms the whole time, but I'm not entertained by that. Plus, although Timothy has a babyface, he doesn't look like he should be in high school... it comes off as a bit ridiculous.

I think I have to agree although it's hard because some of these videos are *bad*. This one has 38 seconds of posturing and dry ice before we even *see* Timothy. And the song itself is pretty annoying. On the plus side, we see TBS sleeveless.

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/im-on-fire-shakey-graves.html

irga
05-08-2014, 12:31 PM
On the plus side, we see TBS sleeveless.

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/im-on-fire-shakey-graves.html
... but so terribly short-haired :weep: While I kind of like his short hair at times (see #880 here:https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4451&page=88), I'm not convinced to "Plaing It Cool" hairdo...
Other than short sleeves, the one thing that could possibly save this video for me is what you can see at 4:12 :heart: His lip biting is my weak point :blush:

bashful badger
05-08-2014, 12:50 PM
[quote=secret squirrel;277565] On the plus side, we see TBS sleeveless.

Playin It Cool

I felt sorry this one seemed so much of a shoo-in till I actually watched it. I thought he wore a jacket all the way through but I don’t care if he’s naked in it, secret squirrel, I am NEVER watching that again! It was like the longest five minutes of my life. And I'm not sure I need to watch any of the others – surely they can't be as bad? Timothy looks cute (as much as you can tell) although I've a horrible suspicion he might have one of those ridiculous tiny ponytails – thankfully, we never find out.

secret squirrel
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
[quote=secret squirrel;277565] On the plus side, we see TBS sleeveless.

Playin It Cool

I felt sorry this one seemed so much of a shoo-in till I actually watched it. I thought he wore a jacket all the way through but I don’t care if he’s naked in it, secret squirrel, I am NEVER watching that again! It was like the longest five minutes of my life. And I'm not sure I need to watch any of the others – surely they can't be as bad? Timothy looks cute (as much as you can tell) although I've a horrible suspicion he might have one of those ridiculous tiny ponytails – thankfully, we never find out.

But he is the only one in the whole video who looks like they're in shouting distance of being in high school.

SS
xx
http://pistoriusontrial.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/oscar-pistorius-i-dont-remember-what.html

UK TimFan
05-08-2014, 06:26 PM
[quote=bashful badger;277570]

But he is the only one in the whole video who looks like they're in shouting distance of being in high school.

SS
xx
http://pistoriusontrial.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/oscar-pistorius-i-dont-remember-what.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Prettymaid
05-08-2014, 11:43 PM
I vote for Playing it Cool.

I find it the most gimmicky and annoying of the videos. My favorite part is his primal scream near the end. Lol.

Freypower
05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
I think I have to agree although it's hard because some of these videos are *bad*. This one has 38 seconds of posturing and dry ice before we even *see* Timothy. And the song itself is pretty annoying. On the plus side, we see TBS sleeveless.

SS
xx

SS, can you please clarify that you are voting for Playin' It Cool. You say you agree but you haven't actually cast a vote.

Victim of Love
05-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Have to cast my vote for Playin' It Cool...just too sophomoric for me.

WalshFan88
05-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Playin' It Cool

GlennLover
05-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Playin' It Cool

secret squirrel
05-09-2014, 10:58 AM
SS, can you please clarify that you are voting for Playin' It Cool. You say you agree but you haven't actually cast a vote.

Sorry - Playin' It Cool.

SS
xx

zeldabjr
05-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I vote for Playin' it Cool...

there's just nothing I like about this!!! lol

Brooke
05-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Have to agree with most of you.

I vote for Playin' It Cool.

UK TimFan
05-09-2014, 02:28 PM
There's not that many videos to vote on so I can't see any real point in voting strategically - especially as I'm going to have enough trouble voting anything off in future rounds as I like all the songs! (I know that we're supposed to vote on the videos, but sometimes if I don't like a song that does help in determining which of two videos gets voted off first. :smile: )

So this time I'm joining most other people in voting for 'Playing it cool'.

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Playin it cool.

05-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Well - Looks like Playin' It Cool is going down. I would have voted for it next round if it had survived, but there is one video that I like even less. Don't Give Up just doesn't have much going for it, IMO. Like I said earlier, at least Playin' It Cool has some interesting action even if it is very Jr. High School. So, not that it'll matter this round, but ...

I cast my vote for Don't Give Up.

05-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Well – The first video to be eliminated from the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is Playin’ It Cool. “Playin’ It Cool” the tribe has spoken and you are going for a ride. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Playin’ It Cool – 16
Boys Night Out – 2
Don’t Give Up – 1

Vote Breakdown
Playin’ It Cool – sodascouts
Playin’ It Cool – Freypower
Playin’ It Cool – sad-cafe
Playin’ It Cool – shunlvswx
Playin’ It Cool – irga
Playin’ It Cool – SallyGee
Playin’ It Cool – bashful badger
Playin’ It Cool – Prettymaid
Playin’ It Cool – Victim of Love
Playin’ It Cool – WalshFan88
Playin’ It Cool – GlennLover
Playin’ It Cool – secret squirrel
Playin’ It Cool – zeldabjr
Playin’ It Cool – Brooke
Playin’ It Cool – UK Timfan
Playin’ It Cool – Glennsallnighter
Boys Night Out – MaryCalifornia
Boys Night Out – tjh532
Don’t Give Up – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Playin' It Cool 5/09

Songs remaining:
Boys Night Out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCUilkA38Xo)
Don't Give Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJShLUoEGzw)
Was It Just the Moonlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvoEMhByd0Y)
Friday Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFV0cBMRN54)

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Freypower
05-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Boys Night Out

WalshFan88
05-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Boys Night Out

sad-cafe
05-09-2014, 09:51 PM
don't Give Up

sodascouts
05-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I think BNO has a kind of cheesy charm. Tim is so cute.

Don't Give Up, however, has nothing going on. While I do find Tim's look sexier here, I don't need to watch some girl drinking coffee and hanging out in her apartment; she's bored, and I'm bored.

MaryCalifornia
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Boys Night Out

Victim of Love
05-09-2014, 10:39 PM
I'll second everything Soda just said. I vote for Don't Give Up.

tjh532
05-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Boys Night Out

irga
05-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Don't Give Up, however, has nothing going on. While I do find Tim's look sexier here, I don't need to watch some girl drinking coffee and hanging out in her apartment; she's bored, and I'm bored.

Nothing more to add, really. Totally agree.

Don't Give Up is my choice.

SallyGee
05-10-2014, 03:22 PM
I have to watch the videos again. The first to go and the one I want to win are always pretty easy. The middle ones are somewhat hard to choose.

SallyGee
05-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Ok. I watched them again.
It was easier to watch him just sing in Don't Give Up. He was trying too hard in Boys Night Out. It just didn't fit his personality. Just my opinion.
I vote for Boys Night Out.

Prettymaid
05-10-2014, 09:59 PM
It was easier to watch him just sing in Don't Give Up. He was trying too hard in Boys Night Out. It just didn't fit his personality. Just my opinion.

I agree, SG. I can't watch Playing it Cool or Boy's Night Out without thinking that he was marketed all wrong back then. I also don't like either of those songs, although IIRC, he screams at the end of BNO, which is kind of cool. :D

So...I vote for Boy's Night Out

bashful badger
05-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Mmm, just watched Boys Night Out all the way through. Okay, it is toe-curlingly embarrassing but not nearly as bad as Playin It Cool – I would rather barbecue my own eyeballs than watch that again. Tim’s face is lovely but the mullet too awful not to look at. Very contrived set-up with sleazy-looking ‘boys’ and tarty women. I need to steel myself a little more to see the others before making a decision.

secret squirrel
05-11-2014, 10:47 AM

I agree, SG. He seems uncomfortable.

Hmm. It’s between Don’t Give Up and Boys Night Out for me. Silhouettes of girls dancing, venetian blinds. Were they obligatory in videos in the 80s? I think the latter has it as Tim’s mullet is in its full glory and the hammy arm wrestle and awkward high fives are excruciating. That’s 4 mins 20 secs I’ll never get back. Ain't this fun?

SS
xx

timfan
05-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Boys Night Out this round no question

05-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Well - I'm with Soda here. I just think both the Boys Night Out song and video have a little more going for them than Don't Give Up. I may not be around when the voting closes tonight, so I have to vote now. Even though it may be feudal, I'm going to stay with my vote from last round ...

Prettymaid
05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Boy's Night Out might have more going on in it than Don't Give Up, but what's going on in it is way cornier than Don't Give Up.

Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it - IMO, Timothy's videos progress from cheesy to less cheesy. This is the first time in the history of me playing Survivor that my list is exactly the same as the list in Soda's first post of this thread, only backwards. It's making it very easy for me to vote - I just go down her list!

zeldabjr
05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I have to say the more I watch these...the more that 80s look is growing on me!..and yeah I think he looks uncomfortable in all these videos (except one)....Am I the only one that thinks the moon thing is way too cheesy???...I have to go with my heart...and although he looks super hot in it...

I vote for Was It Just The Moonlight

GlennLover
05-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I vote Don't Give Up. I find it a bit more boring than Boy's Night Out.

UK TimFan
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
I've been going round in circles this time. First one way, then another. :dizzy:
Final decision - Boys night out.

sodascouts
05-11-2014, 08:03 PM
The second video to be eliminated from the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is Boys' Night Out. “Boys' Night Out,” the tribe has spoken; now you've got to let it ride. It's time to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Boys' Night Out – 9
Don’t Give Up – 6
Was It Just the Moonlight - 1

Vote Breakdown
Boys' Night Out - Freypower
Boys' Night Out - WalshFan88
Boys' Night Out - MaryCalifornia
Boys' Night Out - tjh532
Boys' Night Out - SallyGee
Boys' Night Out - Prettymaid
Boys' Night Out - secret squirrel
Boys' Night Out - timfan
Boys' Night Out - UKTimFan
Don't Give Up - sad-cafe
Don't Give Up - sodascouts
Don't Give Up - Victim of Love
Don't Give Up - irga
Don’t Give Up – Ive always been a dreamer
Don't Give Up - GlennLover
Was It Just the Moonlight - zeldabjr

Songs remaining:
Don't Give Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJShLUoEGzw)

Songs eliminated:
Playin' It Cool 5/09
Boys' Night Out 5/11

Voting for Round Three begins now.

sodascouts
05-11-2014, 08:05 PM
For reasons previously stated....

I cast my vote for Don't Give Up!

Freypower
05-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Don't Give Up

WalshFan88
05-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Don't Give Up

SallyGee
05-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Don't Give Up

timfan
05-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Don't Give Up

GlennLover
05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't Give Up

shunlvswx
05-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Don't Give Up

irga
05-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Don't Give Up.

Prettymaid
05-12-2014, 08:09 AM
I have a question. Has everybody playing been able to view the Friday Night video?

Not voting yet...at this rate I probably don't need to. ;)

GlennLover
05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a question. Has everybody playing been able to view the Friday Night video?

I can now, but the first time I tried to watch them I wasn't able to view any of them.

secret squirrel
05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
although he looks super hot in it...

I vote for Was It Just The Moonlight

I'm keeping this because he does look super-hot in it though I agree with you about the moon. And I think most videos were like this in the 80s.

So I vote for Don't Give Up.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
05-12-2014, 11:39 AM

I couldn't see this until MaryC helped me out. Even then the age of my computer prevents me from seeing the images in synch with the sound.

TBS looks adorable though.

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
05-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Definitely Don't Give Up!

bashful badger
05-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Don’t Give Up

Really don’t like the sexual objectification of the woman in this one. But I've a feeling this was common in the 80s, when women apparently tended to lounge about in revealing clothes and toss their hair in a sultry manner. Thank goodness we’ve progressed from that to videos in which women, hey, wait, prostrate themselves and cavort around men in even fewer clothes. Almost as noxious as Boys Night Out and slightly more boring. Just a brief glance at the other two survivors was enough for me to choose this one.

tjh532
05-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Don't give up

Prettymaid
05-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Good. I'm glad everyone who is playing is able to view all of the videos.

Freypower
05-12-2014, 06:29 PM
I can't view Friday Night but when I did see it it stood head & shoulders above the others. It's a shame there really isn't sufficient variety in this game.

DJ
05-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Don’t Give Up

Really don’t like the sexual objectification of the woman in this one. But I've a feeling this was common in the 80s, when women apparently tended to lounge about in revealing clothes and toss their hair in a sultry manner. Thank goodness we’ve progressed from that to videos in which women, hey, wait, prostrate themselves and cavort around men in even fewer clothes. Almost as noxious as Boys Night Out and slightly more boring. Just a brief glance at the other two survivors was enough for me to choose this one.

Prostrate themselves????

sad-cafe
05-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Don't Give Up

MaryCalifornia
05-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Prostrate themselves????

Yes, prostrate. That's the correct word. Like SS, BB has a large, interesting vocabulary.

Not prostate, not prostitute. Prostrate. :thumbsup:

irga
05-13-2014, 05:56 AM

Yes, I did manage to watch it :-)

Brooke
05-13-2014, 10:12 AM
I've watched it too.

zeldabjr
05-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Was It Just The Moonlight

DJ
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Yes, prostrate. That's the correct word. Like SS, BB has a large, interesting vocabulary.

Not prostate, not prostitute. Prostrate. :thumbsup:

MC I guess I've never heard it used in that context, good to know. Always up to learn new stuff. :)

05-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Well - There's no doubt about the outcome of this round, and I am good with the results (although I wouldn't have been upset if this video had been eliminated even earlier. However, since my vote for it isn't needed, I'll go ahead and vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Was It Just the Moonlight.

Victim of Love
05-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't Give Up

sodascouts
05-13-2014, 08:06 PM
The third video to be eliminated from the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is Don't Give Up. “Don't Give Up,” I know you're feeling blue, but the tribe has spoken. It's time to go. Please leave the island immediately.

The remaining two videos may step forward for the final round.

Votes
Don’t Give Up – 14
Was It Just the Moonlight - 2

Vote Breakdown
Don't Give Up - sodascouts
Don't Give Up - Freypower
Don't Give Up - WalshFan88
Don't Give Up - SallyGee
Don't Give Up - timfan
Don't Give Up - GlennLover
Don't Give Up - shunlvswx
Don't Give Up - irga
Don't Give Up - secret squirrel
Don't Give Up - MaryCalifornia
Don't Give Up - bashful badger
Don't Give Up - tjh532
Don't Give Up - sad-cafe
Don't Give Up - Victim of Love
Was It Just the Moonlight - zeldabjr
Was It Just the Moonlight – Ive always been a dreamer

Videos eliminated:
Playin' It Cool 5/09
Boys' Night Out 5/11
Don't Give Up 5/13

Videos remaining:

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the video we want to go. We’re going to vote for the video we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE VIDEO YOU WANT TO WIN.

Voting for the final round begins now.

WalshFan88
05-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Friday Night

Freypower
05-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Friday Night

Prettymaid
05-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Well shoot, when I posted about not needing to vote last round I was joking - I mean, my vote wasn't needed but I was still intending to vote. I just forgot.

So what does everybody think about these last two videos? I think Timothy looks really hot in WIJTM, especially playing guitar. But the moon setting is cheesy, and I'm not a big fan of the song.

The Friday Night video has always bothered me for one simple reason - Timothy never smiles! It drives me nuts that the song is so full of fun with the uptempo accordion and cute lyrics and we don't get one smile out of the guy! And what's up with the TV? Is there some deep meaning behind it or could it just be Timothy's way of saying that Jean has to pry him away from watching television?

I'll vote later.

GlennLover
05-13-2014, 09:38 PM
So what does everybody think about these last two videos? I think Timothy looks really hot in WIJTM, especially playing guitar. But the moon setting is cheesy, and I'm not a big fan of the song.

The Friday Night video has always bothered me for one simple reason - Timothy never smiles! It drives me nuts that the song is so full of fun with the uptempo accordion and cute lyrics and we don't get one smile out of the guy! And what's up with the TV? Is there some deep meaning behind it or could it just be Timothy's way of saying that Jean has to pry him away from watching television?

I agree with you on all points, PM. However, the cheesiness of the moon setting bothers me the most, so I vote Friday Night for the win.

MaryCalifornia
05-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Well, I'm probably in the minority here, but between the two I actually like Was It Just the Moonlight. The premise and set decoration are awful and pretty stupid, but... Timothy...there is guitar playing, head banging...I just really like looking at him here, I guess that's what it comes down to. It's sort of fun.

Was It Just the Moonlight

Victim of Love
05-13-2014, 10:38 PM
"FRIDAY NIGHT"

sodascouts
05-13-2014, 11:30 PM
He looks magnificent in the Moonlight video.... I know it's cheesy, but it holds my interest at least. He is SMOKING in it.

tjh532
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM
I think that Friday Night has a cool vibe to it, but Timothy is just so gorgeous in Was it Just the Moonlight, that I think that one will get my vote.

Was It Just the Moonlight

irga
05-14-2014, 01:50 AM
A few days ago I thought the decision would be easy, now I am not so sure anymore... :hmm:

SallyGee
05-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Friday Night

Prettymaid
05-14-2014, 07:20 AM
I agree that after watching the two finalists that the choice isn't as clear as I thought it would be. But the truth for me is that Friday Night isn't nearly as corny as the others. It's also my favorite song on Expando. I know, I know...we're voting for the video, not the song, but you know what they say - you can take the video out of the song but you can't take the song out of the video. :huh: :D Okay, THEY don't say that, but I do! The song is an integral part of the video and makes a difference in how I vote.

I enjoy the band performances we get to glimpse in Friday Night, especially Van Dyke Parks playing the accordion. While the rest of the video is not that interesting (kind of artsy, I guess), I'm still willing to vote for it over WIJTM.

I vote for Friday Night for the win!

Brooke
05-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Well, darn it, I forgot to vote too! I was here a couple times and decided to wait, but waited too long! :lol:

I will go ahead and vote now before I forget again, but you have brought up some very good points about the two remaining songs. All along I was going to vote for FN, but now I'm thinking about WIJTM! Tim does look great in it, but yes, it's cheesy! And he doesn't smile in FN! And I think Jean looks like a bear in the part where she's walking down the hall in the house. :lol:

But, I still love the song and we get to see their house!

FRIDAY NIGHT FOR THE WIN!

It's too cute! :applause:

timfan
05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
No question for me. I love the Friday Night video and song... I never EVER thought we'd see a video from Expando which makes it all the more special. Also the way this video is put together, I feel we really get to see Timothy B Schmit the person, the family man, the total package.. It's a stunningly beautiful piece of work.

Therefore:

I VOTE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT FOR THE WIN!!!!

irga
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Also the way this video is put together, I feel we really get to see Timothy B Schmit the person, the family man, the total package..

You're right, timfan! FN looks like it's made in absolute accordance with Timothy's wishes and not the music producers' demands. It's HIM!

I cast my vote for Friday Night. :grooving:

secret squirrel
05-14-2014, 11:21 AM
He looks magnificent in the Moonlight video.... I know it's cheesy, but it holds my interest at least. He is SMOKING in it.

Agree and normally I favour young Tim over old Tim but even though I can only see parts of Friday Night, it's more interesting even though nothing much seems to happen and older Tim looks pretty fine.

I vote for Friday Night to win.

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/gordon-gano-impure-charisma.html

secret squirrel
05-14-2014, 11:43 AM

I'm with you, Soda. Our version of Friday Night doesn't play that well, sort of stutters along. I prefer that song (FN) but Timothy is hot and sultry on the moon and evidently able to breathe (and look) fine in that atmosphere. Don’t know why they felt the need to insert the scantily clad moon maidens …

But I vote for Was It Just the Moonlight to win.

MaryCalifornia
05-14-2014, 01:24 PM
OK, SS - you can't have it both ways! Which one is it??!!! :hilarious:

MaryCalifornia
05-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Jean looks like a bear in the part where she's walking down the hall :lol:

OMG I am dying! Too funny, Brooke. "Rwaaaarrrrr, I'm comingggg Timothy!" Haha! The fact that she is so delicate and pretty makes it even funnier.

Brooke
05-14-2014, 01:41 PM
OMG I am dying! Too funny, Brooke. "Rwaaaarrrrr, I'm comingggg Timothy!" Haha! The fact that she is so delicate and pretty makes it even funnier.

Well, you can't really tell anything about her as she is covered in a blanket or something! :lol:

irga
05-14-2014, 02:42 PM
I almost laughed my head off, guys. :hilarious:

secret squirrel
05-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm with you, Soda. Our version of Friday Night doesn't play that well, sort of stutters along. I prefer that song (FN) but Timothy is hot and sultry on the moon and evidently able to breathe (and look) fine in that atmosphere. Don’t know why they felt the need to insert the scantily clad moon maidens …

But I vote for Was It Just the Moonlight to win.

Ok that was my sister and she didn't log me out. Those badgers - always bad around technology. So Bashful has voted for Was It Just the Moonlight?

And, I hate to be a pain but I just watched it all the way through and that end close-up is hot. I'm going to change my vote to Was It Just the Moonlight? too.

Do I need to get Badger to log in again?

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/gordon-gano-impure-charisma.html

Brooke
05-14-2014, 04:28 PM
You can't change your vote. Sorry!

Prettymaid
05-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Yep, can't change your vote, can't edit the posts that include your vote, etc...

And yes, I think BB has to sign in as herself to vote, otherwise it doesn't count.

Prettymaid
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Well, you can't really tell anything about her as she is covered in a blanket or something! :lol:

Maybe she's wearing a Snuggie!
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/70A5A45A-C87E-4701-BED2-949A11564638.jpg (http://s510.photobucket.com/user/chilca0001/media/70A5A45A-C87E-4701-BED2-949A11564638.jpg.html)

I was wondering, do we know for sure that Friday Night was filmed in Timothy's house? I mean, couldn't it be a studio or something?

WalshFan88
05-14-2014, 05:47 PM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

sad-cafe
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
I LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT

Freypower
05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
I LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT

Is that the video you are voting for? Please clarify.

Brooke
05-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Pm, very well could be a snuggie! :lol:

As for is it their house? I've always thought so for some reason! It seems like it was discussed when the video came out, but I could be wrong.

secret squirrel
05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Yep, can't change your vote, can't edit the posts that include your vote, etc...

And yes, I think BB has to sign in as herself to vote, otherwise it doesn't count.

Ok, I'll tell BB.

SS
xx

bashful badger
05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Ok, I'll tell BB.

SS
xx

Thanks, secretive one, I vote for

Was It Just the Moonlight.

Sorry for confusion.

Topkat
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM
How the heck did I miss this whole thing. I didn't get notification? I though it was starting yesterday? Dugh! Soo sorry I didn't play
Is this the last vote for the WIN???

Brooke
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes it is, TK.

sodascouts
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Yes, the game has been running for over a week now, TK.

I like Friday Night, but it bores me a bit (BTW I do think it is their real house that's shown). Plus, he's just SO hot in WIJTM. I know it's shallow to be influenced by that, but I can't help it.

WAS IT JUST THE MOONLIGHT FOR THE WIN!!!!

Topkat
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I vote for
WAS IT JUST THE MOONLIGHT for the WIN

UK TimFan
05-15-2014, 06:19 PM
It was a tough choice, but my vote is 'Was it just the moonlight' for the win.

shunlvswx
05-15-2014, 06:53 PM
It's a hard choice. It's younger Timothy verses older Timothy. I like both videos, but Was It Just the Moonlight is pulling me. Maybe because he's very hot in the video.

So Was It Just the Moonlight for the win.

05-15-2014, 07:55 PM
To me, even if there isn't an action video, I have to say that I think Friday Night is an 'artsy' video. I love some of the photography in it - one of my favorite scenes it how you see Jean and Timothy almost merge into one when they are at opposite ends of the hall. Now, I certainly won't argue that he is some kinda hot in the Was It Just the Moonlight video. It is my favorite era for him, but, overall, I think Friday Night is better, so ...

I cast my vote for Friday Night for the win.

05-15-2014, 08:08 PM
In the final round, the winner of the Timothy B. Schmit Music Video Survivor is Friday Night. “Friday Night”, you can run around the palace to celebrate. to the good life you had before we came.

Congratulations Friday Night!

Votes
Friday Night – 11
Was It Just the Moonlight – 7

Vote Breakdown
Friday Night – WalshFan88
Friday Night – Freypower
Friday Night – GlennLover
Friday Night – Victim of Love
Friday Night – SallyGee
Friday Night – Prettymaid
Friday Night – Brooke
Friday Night – timfan
Friday Night – irga
Friday Night – secret squirrel
Friday Night – Ive always been a dreamer
Was It Just the Moonlight – MaryCalifornia
Was It Just the Moonlight – tjh532
Was It Just the Moonlight – bashful badger
Was It Just the Moonlight – sodascouts
Was It Just the Moonlight – Topkat
Was It Just the Moonlight – UK Timfan
Was It Just the Moonlight – shunlvswx

Videos eliminated:
Playin' It Cool 5/09
Boys' Night Out 5/11
Don't Give Up 5/13
Was It Just the Moonlight 5/15

Thanks everyone for playing and once again ...

Congratulations to Friday Night!!!

irga
05-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Thank you all for the game. It was fun! :-)

MaryCalifornia
05-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Yes, thanks everyone! It was good form to do it for Timothy, even if it was short but sweet. Now we've done video survivor for all four guys. Thanks, Soda!

sad-cafe
05-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Is that the video you are voting for? Please clarify.

YES. I want it to win

Freypower
05-16-2014, 11:18 PM
YES. I want it to win

The game is over & it did win. It's now too late for any further votes.

sad-cafe
05-17-2014, 02:57 PM
oh, I am so glad it won. Sorry I messed up the last round

05-18-2014, 01:01 AM
NP - s-c. You didn't mess anything up. Glad we had so many folks interested in participating in the game. I also think that Friday Night was deserving of the win. I'm glad we played the game even though it was very short.