PDA

View Full Version : September Video Chat Party - Buffalo 1994 - Sept. 15

sodascouts
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, it's been a while since we've had a video chat! For those of you who are new, a video chat is when we all get together in The Border's chatroom (accessible from a link at the top of the page) and watch a DVD together. I thought, since I'm sending out so many copies of the Buffalo 1994 concert, why not do make that the next bootleg we watch?

I suggest the date of Saturday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 pm Eastern time. What do you guys think?

BTW, if you'd like a copy of Buffalo 1994, PM me.

Marco
09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm very interested
What I have to for partecipate to the video chat?

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Excellent! Hubby is working that night!

DonFan
09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
That is a great idea Nancy--I'm in!

I was watching Mountain View the other day, and I was noticing the little moments that happen between the guys. For instance, at the end when Don is singing Desperado and the crowd goes nuts after he sings "Let somebody love you...." and they cheer for several minutes before he can finish "before it's too late." He and Glenn look at each other, and Glenn's hands are poised over the keyboard waiting for the cheers to stop so Don can sing, and the two guys just laugh and shrug their shoulders. I have seen that happen on several bootlegs, and it is such a cute moment. It made me start to wonder about the new songs that we will be hearing on their tour next year, and what kind of moments the guys will be sharing with the new songs, too.

I can't wait!

Freypower
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm afraid I will pass on this. I don't have Buffalo and I don't feel that I need it. Perhaps the next Survivor game can start soon. I'll be in that.

timfan
09-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I'll be there! It'll be a GREAT distraction from all the work I'm doing right now! :D

Brooke
09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd love to be there, but I won't know till the time comes. Weekends are usually busy with hubby! :D

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm afraid I will pass on this. I don't have Buffalo and I don't feel that I need it.

I'm sorry you won't be there, FP. I have to agree with you that Buffalo isn't essential to life, but then again none of the bootlegs are. Still, I've always thought the video parties were more about getting together and having a good time than the "need" for the bootleg itself... but that's just my own viewpoint. At any rate, because Buffalo is so short, we'll probably do HFO, F1, or even Dublin afterwards. Perhaps you can join us then when you feel we are watching concerts that are more necessary. ;)

For those of you that are planning on coming - glad to hear you can make it! Brooke, I'm hoping you can at least drop in for a little while even if you can't come the whole time.

And anyone else who wants to get in on this, just say so! All are welcome!

Glennsallnighter
09-05-2007, 01:38 AM
I suggest the date of Saturday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 pm Eastern time. What do you guys think?

BTW, if you'd like a copy of Buffalo 1994, PM me.

Thanks for organising that for me Soda!

One small thing: Is there any posssibility we could start it a little earlier? 8:00 Eastern time makes it 2am the following morning Irish time which means I won't really have a lot of time! And I'd really love to be there to do Dublin which I missed last time. But if it has to be 8pm don't worry! I'll make it for at least a while :D Thanks!

Molly
09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Sounds like it would be fun -but I'll be feeling extremely old at my 25 year high school class reunion that night. Have fun, ladies.

Glennsallnighter
09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
You have fun too Molly! 25 years isn't that bad! Remember you're only as old as you feel, (or the person you're feeling :wink: )

rcknalwys
09-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Sounds great,count me in. Be my first video chat. Definitely need the dvd, however.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I may be late, but hopefully, I will be able to pop in to the party.

tbs fanatic
09-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I don't think I can make it. Have fun.

EasyFeeling
09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Sounds cool but I'm in Berlin and I don't have a DVD drive not to speak of that DVD and it happens in the middle of the night... so have fun, ladies. :wink: One day I will come in chat just to read. :wink:

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
One small thing: Is there any posssibility we could start it a little earlier? 8:00 Eastern time makes it 2am the following morning Irish time which means I won't really have a lot of time! And I'd really love to be there to do Dublin which I missed last time. But if it has to be 8pm don't worry! I'll make it for at least a while :D Thanks!

Hmm... maybe we can have a two-part chat party. At 6:00 Eastern, we can start watching Dublin 1992 to accommodate folks who live overseas. At 8:00, we'll watch the Buffalo show, which lasts an hour. You can come for the first part, the second part, or both. Sound like a plan?

sodascouts
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds like it would be fun -but I'll be feeling extremely old at my 25 year high school class reunion that night. Have fun, ladies.

Aw, it's been too long since we've seen you at one of these chat parties. Hopefully next time! Meanwhile, get all dressed up and knock 'em dead at your reunion. Well, except maybe your old classmates with the walkers and pacemakers. Take it easy on those guys. ;)

EasyFeeling
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
EF - ack, what can I say! Perhaps we can put up the entirety of Buffalo in mpg clips and you can just watch it on your computer as we go!

That's an idea, thanks Soda. :) But it doesn't work for me this time because my friends's friend in Berlin doesn't have a computer. Maybe next time. :wink:

Molly
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Aw, it's been too long since we've seen you at one of these chat parties. Hopefully next time! Meanwhile, get all dressed up and knock 'em dead at your reunion. Well, except maybe your old classmates with the walkers and pacemakers. Take it easy on those guys. ;)

Oooh, that's it -next time I see you, I'm going to smack you with my cane!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/oldlady.jpg

As you can see, I've already chosen what I'm going to wear to the reunion! :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
09-05-2007, 07:49 PM

No, Molly, you'll be hearing a little voice in the back of your head saying, "damn...I'm lookin' goooood!". :D

Freypower
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM

Hmm... maybe we can have a two-part chat party. At 6:00 Eastern, we can start watching Dublin 1992 to accommodate folks who live overseas. At 8:00, we'll watch the Buffalo show, which lasts an hour. You can come for the first part, the second part, or both. Sound like a plan?

Even allowing for that 9 am on Friday morning my time doesn't really suit me, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2007, 05:54 AM

You Pet Soda! That makes Dublin midnight my time. Perfect! Thanks so much! Barring a diasaster of epic proportions, I'll be there!
But I have to disagree with you when you say none of the bootlegs are essential to life :wink: . I couldn't live without my LID! :D

Mrs Frey
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
I would so dearly have loved to have been a part of this video chat, but unfortunately, as you probably all know already, I have no internet access over the weekends. I also cannot access the "chat" part of GFO from work either, so it's a strike on both counts :(.

It would have been a special treat for me, given the day on which it's taking place... :wink: I'll make a plan to indulge myself in gorgeous Glenn :heart: that day, though, and be with you all in spirit. :D Have a great time!!!

sodascouts
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
A pity you can't be there, Mrs. F. :(

Glennsallnighter
09-07-2007, 04:23 AM

We'll have a special birthday toast for you anyway my dear! :D

Mrs Frey
09-07-2007, 07:29 AM

We'll have a special birthday toast for you anyway my dear! :D

GA and Soda, you're both sweethearts. :grouphug:

glenneaglesfan
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
MF, I feel your pain. I've never been able to get into chat on our home system, but I'll wish you all very happy viewing! I'll drink a little toast to you all, and to you, MF, on your special day.

Molly, enjoy your reunion! Love that picture you posted!

Mrs Frey
09-11-2007, 07:13 AM
MF, I feel your pain. I've never been able to get into chat on our home system, but I'll wish you all very happy viewing! I'll drink a little toast to you all, and to you, MF, on your special day.

Thanks for the empathy, GEF, and the sweet thoughts. You are also a sweetheart. :hug:

badkitty33
09-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Buffalo? 1994? Was it at the Darien Lake Amphitheater? Outdoors that is? Ohmygosh! I was at that concert!!! Nancy, I'm PM'ing you right now!!!!