PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears

tbs fanatic
09-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh my gosh, I felt so bad for Britney at the video music awards show. It was as if I had gotten up there and performed :shock: Where was she? I thought it was sad. Then that awful Sarah Silverman came on stage and totally trashed Britney. Really terrible. I have never understood why people like Sarah Silverman :? I don't think she's funny at all and last night she was just seriously out of line. Did anyone else see this? Overall, I thought the show sucked. They were all over the place. The only highlight's were Chris Brown and Jamie Fox who wouldn't stop talking but was really funny.

sodascouts
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I watched Britney's performance on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihH6TpxPcRI) after I was talking to a friend on the phone and she told me about how bad it was. I read a lot of the responses, and they were pretty much universally negative. Even her defenders were making excuses for her rather than trying to pretend the performance was anything but a disappointment. I think she was on some kind of downer drug, she looked so confused and lackluster. People blame it on nerves, and I'm sure that didn't help, but she looked "out of it" to me.

And yeah, I find Sarah Silverman contemptible, too. There's a difference between poking fun at people for laughs and her kind of nastiness. She's like the girl on the playground who thinks she's hilarious when she calls someone fat and ugly. I have no idea how she got her own show but I hope it's canceled soon - I don't think it's doing very well. At least her performance is also being panned.

It did depress me though, when people referred to Britney as "fat." I would kill for that body, as it is right now! Come on, THIS (http://thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/2007/09/britney_spears_2007_vmas_04.jpg) is fat?

Maleah
09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I didn't see the show.....but I actually feel really bad for britney with everything that has happened. She has such a microscope on her as a young mother, that every little mistake she makes is blown into this massive front page news and it's just sad!

And it just disgusts me that someone would call her fat! Are they blind????

Like I said....I feel sorry for her...and I'm not even a fan! lol

tbs fanatic
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I know, I'm not a big Britney fan either but give the girl a break. The weird thing is that there is a video of her rehearsing the show and the rehearsal looks great - the old Britney. So what happened between the rehearsal and the actual show??? It's weird.

sodascouts
09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I was just watching VH1 and they ALREADY have a show produced about what a mess Britney is - and it includes clips from the VMA! These people waste no time.

sodascouts
09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Some extra details from the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/09112007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm) - click on the link for the full article, but here are some excerpts:

"September 11, 2007 -- Britney Spears has no one to blame but herself for her disastrous performance at the MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night. The lip-synching pop tart showed up for her big comeback late, unprepared and with a drink in her hand.

<snip>

"The dance number was spectacular - without her," said our spy at rehearsal. "When the stand-in was rehearsing with the dancers, in the hours they were all waiting for her, it was amazing. Then Britney showed up and refused to do anything. The dancers were supposed to lift and twirl her in the air a few times, and that just wasn't going to happen. The more complicated dance moves had to be erased because she couldn't do them."

<snip>

"MTV wanted her to wear a corset outfit. It would have looked great and covered a lot of things up, but she hated it and didn't think it was sexy enough."

Instead, Spears changed into a spangly bra-and-underwear outfit she'd brought with her that emphasized her weight gain over the last year.

MTV execs weren't the only ones worried about Spears' impending debacle. Another spy said, "The dancers were texting pals, asking them to pray for them. They were worried."

tbs fanatic
09-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh my gosh :shock: I really feel sad for Britney. Her life is just out of control and the whole world is watching. She has too many 'yes' people around her. She badly needs a 'no' person.

tbs fanatic
09-18-2007, 10:59 AM
More bad news for Britney - she has to pay Kevin $20,000 every month (?can that be right?) until he dies or gets remarried (you can be sure he won't do that now), her lawyer and her manager have jumped ship and she has been banned from some swanky hotel in LA. Geez - could things get any worse? Is there anyone supporting this girl now??? The morning radio shows are having a field day with her - to say the least. She is in serious need of help and I hope she gets it before this turns into some awful tragedy.

sodascouts
09-18-2007, 01:32 PM
$20,000 a month is probably nothing to her, though. I'm sure she's much more devastated that she can't go to the swanky hotel! lol

SweetHolly
09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I sure hope Britney gets help before it's too late.