PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

Glenn's Girl
09-11-2007, 09:26 PM
I know I've been posting for a little while but it was suggested to me I post a bit about myself here so here goes!

My name is Charlotte and I live in Toronto. I was actually born in New York City but I moved to Canada at a young age and I have lived here every since. I am not going to say my age but I am "middle-aged." I am married, and I have three beautiful children aged 5, 7, and 10. I work part-time as a substitute teacher. And I love the Eagles, have since the 70's!

That's about it, I lead a dull life! LOL

Freypower
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome, Charlotte! We are happy to have you here at The Border!

timfan
09-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi Charlotte! Welcome from another Canadian!! 8) hope you enjoy it here on the Border! :D

sodascouts
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome, Charlotte! I'm glad you decided to put a little about yourself. It's good to get to know you better!

SweetHolly
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Welcome Charlotte!

DonFan
09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the board, Charlotte.
I love that name--it is my mother's name as well.

rcknalwys
09-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Welcome Charlotte, I know you'll love it here, as you already know!

Glenn's Girl
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Perfect Little Sister
09-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Let me add my welcome to the others, Charlotte.

(I don't tell my age either cuz Momma taught me not to say the f-word) :wink:

Brooke
09-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Welcome from me, too Charlotte! We have lots of fun here!

glenneaglesfan
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome from me too, Charlotte. It's nice of you to introduce yourself. I'm very impressed (and a bit jealous) that you have seen one of Glenn's live shows. He sounds awesome as a live performer. I have had the privilege of seeing him live with the Eagles three times last year. What an experience - what a band.

Mrs Frey
09-13-2007, 06:28 AM
I've welcomed you twice before in other threads, Charlotte, but hey, nothing wrong with doing it officially! :wink: Once again, it's great that you have joined us, sharing your love of Glenn :heart: and The Eagles with us. GEF is not the only one who's jealous that you've had the privilege of seeing Glenn :heart: in concert (and GEF, as you know I haven't seen The Eagles as a band either! :cry: )! In all seriousness, that's wonderful, and may you see him many more times. I look forward to reading many more of your posts on The Border! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
09-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Another welcome from me as well, Charlotte. It's a shame we didn't get to meet up in Niagara Falls. Well - we can cross our fingers that maybe there will be a next time. ;) We are still glad that you have found us, and hope you will enjoy yourself as much as we do here on The Border.

Maleah
09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome Charlotte! We're thrilled to have you! :D

Glenn's Girl
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks again everyone! I know I am lucky to see one of Glenn's solo shows, although I didn't know how rare they were until I came to this site. We Canadians are a lucky group! Hopefully he will come back!

Molly
09-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Welcome from me as well, Charlotte (better late than never)!

Enjoy!

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Welcome (again :wink: ) from me too Charlotte! You are so lucky to have been able to see Glenn :heart: perform live. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself on the board. :D

Glenn's Girl
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the idea to do it!

EasyFeeling
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Sorry, I'm late... welcome to The Border, Charlotte. :D As GA said you were so lucky to see Glenn. This is what probably never happens to me.

Glenn's Girl
09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
That's a shame! But thanks for the welcome! :)

Marco
09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome Charlotte

Glenn's Girl
09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Thank you Marco!

Glennhoney
01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Hello from Nova Scotia,Canada! ..grew up listening to the Eagles..my all time favorite band, that I got a chance to see, for the 1st time (hopefully not the last) in Boston this summer..I'm hoping I will get to Niagara Falls for Glenn's next solo concert..hopefully there will be more solo shows..I love this site..can't get enough of the boys, especially the handsomest of them all...

GlennLover
01-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the Border from New Brunswick, Glennhoney & Glenn's Girl. I saw the Eagles for the 1st time this summer in Moncton. What an experience. My dream is to see Glenn in Niagara Falls. Guess you can tell from our names that we have the same favourite Eagle! :nahnah:

ochiba kid 1
01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello from me too on the other side of the pond in the not so sunny UK

Have fun here

Gary

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh Please :pray: add 'Glennsallnighter' to your list girls!!

Welcome GH!!

Mrs Henley
01-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Howdy Charlotte from the cold and little country The Netherlands!
Hope you have a great time here!!

Mrs Henley
01-05-2009, 05:06 AM
Oh Please :pray: add 'Glennsallnighter' to your list girls!!

Welcome GH!!

Well GA, I don't know if you already know it, but I added you a long time ago :lol: (Sorry I'm a little bit in a funny mood)

Ive always been a dreamer
01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
HI from me as well, Glennhoney. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We love it here, too. I also hope you get a chance to see a Glenn solo show. He is awesome. I was lucky enough to see him in Niagara Falls for 2 shows in August 2007, and they were absolutely incredible. I will never forget those 2 shows ever!!! :D

eaglesvet
01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey GlennHoney and Glenn's Girl---Welcome to the Border! I hope you have as much fun posting on this site as I do. I am a Glenn fan first and foremost, but Don runs a close second in my book! And I'm making it publicly known that since I have never seen either one of them in concert solo...if anyone here on the Border finds out that G or D are appearing in Niagara Falls (or anywhere withing striking distance of NJ), count me in! :wave:

ticky
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey GG and GH!! and welcome! Im sorry Im so late in my greetings. The holiday season's really got me in a tizzy! Thank goodness its over and things are starting to return to normal.
The Border is by far the best place on the internet for us Eagles fans.

Welcome, and hop on in! The water's fine *G*

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/xmascoverbig.jpg

Glennhoney
01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
..oh thank you...you are all so kind....now I have to find my way around on this site.....might take some time...so many things going on at "the border"...love, love, love..all the pics....:thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Welcome from me as well!!! There are plenty of Eagles goodies for everyone on this site. Have fun browsing!!!

sodascouts
01-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Let me extend an official welcome, GlennHoney! I'm sorry I'm so late but I've been quite busy over the holidays.

eaglesvet
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Let me add my welcome to the others, Charlotte.

(I don't tell my age either cuz Momma taught me not to say the f-word) :wink:
LOL, PLS! Don't you know that the f-word is the new t-word?? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!

ticky
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
uhh... whats the t-word? :eyebrow:

eaglesvet
01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
If the f-word is forty (which is what I think she means), then the t-word is thirty!:wink:

ticky
01-07-2009, 01:10 PM
OHH!! LOL Well you guys have a completely different definition of the F-word then I do *G* but I like yours better!

eaglesvet
01-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh, I have an alternate definition as well... It's all in the context, and from the thread, I believe this was her context! BTW, did you notice that The Long Story has disappeared from Cheap Talk and Wine? Perhaps we could remove the Christmas or other older threads and bring it back somehow??? PLEAZZZZE?

EagleLady
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Why would anyone delete the long story? :worried:

sodascouts
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
BTW, did you notice that The Long Story has disappeared from Cheap Talk and Wine? Perhaps we could remove the Christmas or other older threads and bring it back somehow??? PLEAZZZZE?

The Long Story isn't gone - it's just on page 2 of the forum.

ticky
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
It's just on the second page. If I post to it it'll come back to the first page. I know I need to add to it *G* and I will I promise.

eaglesvet
01-10-2009, 01:36 AM
OH NO!! Don't know why, but I have never once noticed the fact that there were multiple pages for the threads!! I am completely doomed! Someone has to lock me out of those, please...it takes me long enough as it stands on one page to catch up with everyone's posts and pix and stuff, even if I skip only a day or two!! As I mentioned to Stars, I had to voluntarily cut myself off from the Border during holiday week just to get everything done (barely on time; and in the case of my cards, better late than than never.) If I find an old thread titile that looks interesting, there's no telling where I'll end up, nor how long it will take me to get there...:worried::fainted:

Brooke
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
And such lies the fate of most of us dedicated Borderers! :lol:

Believe me, ev, I know how you feel!

Prettymaid
01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I understand, too, EV. It's difficult to control your time when there's so much great stuff to get through! Just pace yourself...

Peekaboo
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I hear ya EV. It was either Dreamer or Brooke that posted the links to the previous Pebble Beach threads and I remember posting that it took me a good two weeks to read through them all. I would read a little hear and there and i finally got all caught up. Just remember that patience is the key to getting through all of them.