PDA

View Full Version : Do you Myspace?

Perfect Little Sister
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
There has been some discussion in another thread about myspace. I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to post their link.

Freypower
09-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't use it and I would like you all to put the case for me.

I rarely post in the 'What's happening in your life' topic because I have nothing of any interest to say there. My question is, therefore, why would someone want to read about my boring life on myspace? How could I make myself sound interesting? I welcome the thoughts of those of you who do use it.

SweetHolly
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Mine is http://www.myspace.com/sweetholly1310

sodascouts
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
FP, I think you have a misconception about MySpace. It's not a journal, although there is a blog function. The basic MySpace page gives information about oneself not unlike a personals ad (age, birthdate, marital status, etc), provides a photo, and provides a place for you to put a brief bio and a list of interests such as the music you like, books you like, etc. Many people find it fun to add an MP3 of their favorite song, videos, slide shows, things like that to express themselves creatively. It can get kind of out of control, though!

Its main function is a place for you to communicate with friends online. They can post messages to you, and you to them. If you have no friends with a MySpace, there's very little point in getting one. JMHO.

Here's my personal one: http://www.myspace.com/sodascouts

And of course the site one: http://www.myspace.com/eaglesonlinecentral

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2007, 05:13 AM
They are great pages, Holly and Soda! Very interesting and enjoyable to read.Well done. I must when I get time set one of my own up!....And I will! ..........I promise! :D

rcknalwys
09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Here's mine also, note it is a different screen name. Come on over and add me. http://www.myspace.com/rkn4evr

Perfect Little Sister
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
:blush: Soda has pointed out I neglected to put up mine. lol It's http://www.myspace.com/perfectlittlesister

tbs fanatic
09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't have a Myspace mainly because my teen does - need I say more :D

Perfect Little Sister
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
All the better to watch him/her, my dear. :D

Brooke
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't have one either. I don't know, I really don't feel the need. This place pretty much keeps me happy. Now don't everyone go to myspace and forget about us here at TB!

Fp, I think you would have interesting everyday happenings to add to the What's happening in your life thread. I really enjoy discussing what everyone is doing and learning bits and pieces about their personal lives. But, I guess, that's just me.

badkitty33
09-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I have a MySpace because of my teenager!! She convinced me and I'm so glad she did!!!! I think of it as kind of a guilty pleasure!!

Those of you who posted your links, you know I'm going to request you as a friend now!!! :D 8)

badkitty33
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I almost forgot to mention, however, that it's a fun way to keep up with your favorite bands and artists. You can meet people who have the same or similar interests as you. But my favorite thing is hearing new music. I've had more friend requests from new and upcoming bands whose music I love!!! So, it's actually more than a guilty pleasure -- it's interesting. And it's fun to read the stuff people post in Bulletins and their blogs, etc.

Perfect Little Sister
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
One of these days I'll get back over there and do some searching. I'd like to try to find some of the people I went to school with. I got married right out of high school and moved out of state so I lost touch with everyone. There are people I used to hang out with that I know I'll never find, but I wonder sometimes how life worked out for them. Last time I was knocking around there I found my brother! (I should probably friend him lol)

badkitty33
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
You know PLS, that very thing happened to me -- only the other way around. When I first started my page, I used my high school senior pic. Well, a girl I went to school with, but never really knew, found me! She had married right out of high school then joined the military and moved away! Isn't that weird!!! Since then, we message and comment back and forth! It's really great for things like that!

Although, there's a down side too, but then, isn't that the way it is?? :roll:

Well, I have to go now, but as soon as I get back on the computer tomorrow, I'm going to "friend request" those of you who posted their links! Bye!!!

Maleah
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes...my name is Maleah....and I am a myspace addict :D Sadly, I got very excited this morning because I saw that one of my very favorite singers finally got a myspace page :lol:

Oh...here I am by the way :P It is a private page, until you add me or I add you. Simply because I had someone that I used to work with that was reading my page and making fun of my Eagles infatuation on someone else's page. lol Therefore, I figured that only people I deem to be my friends should be able to view it because it's useless to those who seem to find it enjoyable to mock me :D

http://www.myspace.com/maleahn

badkitty33
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes...my name is Maleah....and I am a myspace addict :D Sadly, I got very excited this morning because I saw that one of my very favorite singers finally got a myspace page :lol:

Oh...here I am by the way :P It is a private page, until you add me or I add you. Simply because I had someone that I used to work with that was reading my page and making fun of my Eagles infatuation on someone else's page. lol Therefore, I figured that only people I deem to be my friends should be able to view it because it's useless to those who seem to find it enjoyable to mock me :D

www.myspace.com/maleahn

I don't blame you one bit Maleah. Hayley's page was recently hacked. Some jerk she knows in California, who she was originally friends with then things went sour ('cuz the kid's a jerk -- oh, I said that already -- oh well, it bears repeating). One day last week I noticed her pic (on my page) and it had her first and last name, and our phone number including area code. We figured out that it was him. He also put this perverted little stick figure thingy showing two men doing it in the ass! I knew Hayley didn't put that there. He completely changed her background and everything. Well, she got him back. That's my girl!!!!

Okay, now that I'm done with that, who is this mystery singer that has his/her own page, Maleah? Hmmmmm???

Maleah
09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
:lol: His name is Russ Lee....I think I might have mentioned him once or twice over on your board :blush: :lol:

And that's a horrible thing that kid did. I don't understand what goes through some people's minds.

freyfanatic
09-13-2007, 11:01 PM
I too am a myspace addict, I have too many friends and don't speak to half of them on there. But have most of my old high school friends on there so it's all good :)

http://www.myspace.com/gold_dust8

badkitty33
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
:lol: His name is Russ Lee....I think I might have mentioned him once or twice over on your board :blush: :lol:

And that's a horrible thing that kid did. I don't understand what goes through some people's minds.

I know. I don't understand either. But then, we're not the type of people who'd think like that! Some people! He even used to threaten Hayley that he was gonna come here and kidnap her in the night and die her hair back to its original color, remove all her piercings, and basically brainwash her into being the type of girl he thinks she should be. Can you say "nutjob"?

Okay! Yes I've heard you mention Russ Lee. That's great he has his own page! You have to friend request him. Damn! I wish Randy would get one!!!

badkitty33
09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I too am a myspace addict, I have too many friends and don't speak to half of them on there. But have most of my old high school friends on there so it's all good :)

http://www.myspace.com/gold_dust8

See, that's another cool thing .. you can reunite with old friends!! 8)

sodascouts
09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Two of my friends have fallen for this scam already - it's the MySpace "Stalker Tracker". This is a TRICK to gain access to your MySpace account. Read more here:

http://gul.li/2007/01/27/phishing-20-stalkertrack-a-new-myspace-scam/

Whatever you do, no matter how appealing the service is, DO NOT ENTER IN YOUR MYSPACE E-MAIL AND PASSWORD ON ANY SERVICE FOR ANY REASON. Not for a Macy's card, not for a "Who's viewing your profile", not for a design code, not for ANYTHING.

Again, I have already had two friends fall victim to this, and they are unknowingly spamming all of their friends. Please don't allow yourself to fall victim to this, too!

Glennsallnighter
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Thats very interesting Soda and well worth reading. I'll take it into account when I do set up my account! As we're on the subject of such things, another thing never to give out in an email is Bank Account Details. I keep getting emails from institutions purporting to be banks I deal with. They have assured me that they would NEVER ask for sensitive information such as account numbers or PIN numbers, and never to respond to them! Just a word of caution!

SweetHolly
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Everyone, please do be careful.

badkitty33
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Very good advice. More on this topic -- a few weeks ago I received an email regarding my PayPal account. It referred to updating my accounting information. Well, I was immediately suspicious, but opened it anyway just to see what was up. As I scrolled down the list of things it asked for, I got to "Social Security Number". Well, that was a big old red flag!!! I'm not that stupid!!! I never even gave PayPal my SS# to begin with, so I knew, for more reasons than one, that it was a total scam.

Even though I never responded, I was nervous that it may have contained a virus, but luckily, it did not.

I know we're all too smart to give out info such as SS numbers, but just another thing to look out for. So many emails look legit, but they are not!

And the one you mentioned, Soda, about "Who's Viewing Your Profile" -- I almost fell for that one. I had a friend tell me that it was bogus, so I never did click on the link, thank goodness!!