PDA

View Full Version : A contest to win a trip to see the Eagles and meet Don at the Walden Woods benefit

shunlvswx
08-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I saw this on facebook this morning. How cool is this. You can enter the contest either by making a donation or send a 3x5 card with your information to the address in the link. I posted the important stuff about the concert. Oh you also get to go to the dinner. Heck you get to go to all the events that night.

I know I'm going to enter. Meeting Don and seeing The Eagles in concert that same night. What a dream come true. Kill two birds with one stone.

One (1) Prize: Two VIP tickets to the 2014 Global Environmental Leadership Award Dinner and Eagles VIP Event at the Citi Performing Arts Center on Sept. 16th in Boston, including a reception, dinner, a meet-and-greet and photos with music legend Don Henley, and an Eagles concert following. The trip also includes two nights hotel accommodations, round trip airfare for two people, and $500 spending money. Trip dates: Sept. 15 – Sept. 17, 2014.Here's more information about the contest. The video is also included.

http://www.chideo.com/sweepstakes/do...ds-sweepstakes (http://www.chideo.com/sweepstakes/don-henley-walden-woods-sweepstakes)

sodascouts
08-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Thank you so much for posting this, shun! I'm entering, too! This prize is so amazing that even the folks at the university would understand if I missed a bit of work for it (after arranging for a proper substitute first, of course).

Houston Debutante
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I WANT TO WIN THIS BAD!

Brooke
08-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Same here!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Did anyone here win this? I'm so bummed that I didn't. I wanted to win really really bad so I could thank Don for all the songs he wrote that get me through life. He says in HOTE that rock n roll got him through high school, the Eagles get me through high school. I'm so grateful to him and all the Eagles. I just wish I could thank him in person. I'm happy for whoever won though.

sodascouts
09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Oh, they've announced the winner? Congrats to whomever it was... not me, obviously!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe they didn't I don't know. They were supposed to do the drawing on September 5th at noon (I forgot what time zone.) The winner would receive an email and if they didn't reply in 6 hours they would chose someone else.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Yes, it was 'about' noon CDT yesterday, and while I got about five emails at noon, none were from Chideo. Then, just to be cruel, about two hours later they did send an email....about the NFL.

Still, if the person didn't answer the email on time, or send in their release on time, or doesn't pass the background check, they'll pick someone else, so there's still a small, tiny glimmer of hope.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2014, 12:39 PM
I would have loved to have gone to this show, but, however tempting, I thought it would be a little rude to my family to spend all of my time in Massachusetts with the Eagles instead of visiting with them. :doh:

shunlvswx
09-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I got that email too, VA. I didn't care for that email. I even checked the Chideo website. They didn't announced it on there either. I guess it's a secret.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Maybe waiting til after background check?

sad-cafe
09-07-2014, 04:04 PM
it wasn't me either :(

cynd1231
09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
The drawing was to be held at noon Central time (which is the Omaha time zone) so I made it a point to be back at the hotel, just in case. Like everyone else I got the NFL email but nothing about the contest. As of this morning they haven't announced the name of the winner. I suspect that legal issues necessitate them completing the background check before releasing any names.

Brooke
09-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I guess it wasn't me either. :sad:

I just checked the site and no mention yet.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-10-2014, 07:37 PM
This suspense is killing me!:depressed:

Zanny Kingston
09-12-2014, 09:58 PM
I just saw on a Don Henley FB page that the winner has come forward and its a woman from New York who is an Eagles fan. I am sure there will be some press around this coming soon.

Witchy Woman
09-12-2014, 11:08 PM
A woman who is a regular poster in the DHAG on FB was the winner. I'm happy for her, but still a little sad it wasn't me :(

VAisForEagleLovers
09-12-2014, 11:38 PM
A woman who is a regular poster in the DHAG on FB was the winner. I'm happy for her, but still a little sad it wasn't me :(

What is DHAG?

Witchy Woman
09-12-2014, 11:59 PM
What is DHAG?

The Don Henley Appreciation Group. Should have been more descriptive. Sorry.

cynd1231
09-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Don Henley Appreciation Group

Houston Debutante
09-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Lucky!!!

:jealous:

But cool for her, glad it went to a real fan.

shunlvswx
09-16-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm jealous, but I'm soo happy for her. I agree at least it is a fan.

She's been giving us a play by play of her time in Boston. I don't know who's more excited. Her and us on the facebook pages. LOL