PDA

View Full Version : Horn Section

sexonsr
09-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Why did the Eagles leave their horn section out of their current tour? The horn section was a fantastic part of their previous tours. I will be at the concert in Omaha tonight and first saw them at Red Rocks ampa theater in Colorado way back in the Good Old Days!

sodascouts
09-05-2014, 10:34 PM
I think they were taking a more "back to basics" approach with this tour. While I enjoyed the horns - especially on "Heartache Tonight" - I like that they're changing it up a bit.

Welcome!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I liked the horn section in certain songs but I think they kinda took away from Joe's guitar parts sometimes.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2014, 12:20 PM
I liked the horns too. But, I agree with Soda - I don't think they'd work well for this HOTE tour. They are going back to their roots in this tour - back to the days before there were any horn on their songs and I like that they are staying true to their humble beginnings.

Brooke
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm glad they are leaving them out too!

Midnight Visitor
09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Why did the Eagles leave their horn section out of their current tour? The horn section was a fantastic part of their previous tours. I will be at the concert in Omaha tonight and first saw them at Red Rocks ampa theater in Colorado way back in the Good Old Days!

I thought the fact that there was no horn section this time made the shows so much BETTER. The one thing I really disliked is that the horn section used to make them sound like a different band. Also, I imagine the reason that the horn section was left behind was because this was a "History of" tour. Truth is the recordings didn't have horn sections so it wouldn't be true to history if they added one. Horn sections in Joe's past shows and in the Eagles past tours have driven me crazy. If there aren't horns in the original recording I really, really, really don't want them to add any. If I had my way the shows would consist of the 4 Eagles & Stuart. I mean really I want Felder but I'm trying to be realistic here.

thelastresort
09-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Agreed MV - it annoys me that for stuff like TITTL they have five guitarists, with four on an identical rhythm! I know they aren't young and as energetic anymore but I wish they would at least try and do the most they could, with backers as a last resort.

I kinda liked violin on Already Gone and PEF, that was about it though!

Brooke
09-08-2014, 03:21 PM
MV, I'm definitely with you on this. I never was a fan of the horns since they didn't have them in the beginning.

zeldabjr
09-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I love the horns...and I loved hearing the orchestra with them on the HFO DVD...but agree the horns just don't fit well with the theme of this tour...