PDA

View Full Version : Grand Rapids

Tim Linck
09-10-2014, 08:31 AM
I have never been to a more uptight concert in my life. I spent $650 for 4th row tickets and was ejected at intermission. When I questioned the security personnel why I was being ejected they simply said Henly Pointed and told us to remove you. All I wanted was to see my idol Joe Walsh perform and was dying for the second half of the show to see him take over. I have attended no less than 150 concerts in my life but this was the most uptight security I have ever seen.

You talk about uptight or corrupt security visit the Van Andel. Where your wooden shoes and you will fit right in.

Henly is an arrogant asshole. I invite you to send me cash for my $650 ticket.

Brooke
09-10-2014, 10:21 AM
TL, so sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it seems they mean business with their rules. It's really a fantastic show if you obey!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2014, 07:05 PM
I have never been to a more uptight concert in my life. I spent $650 for 4th row tickets and was ejected at intermission. When I questioned the security personnel why I was being ejected they simply said Henly Pointed and told us to remove you. All I wanted was to see my idol Joe Walsh perform and was dying for the second half of the show to see him take over. I have attended no less than 150 concerts in my life but this was the most uptight security I have ever seen.

You talk about uptight or corrupt security visit the Van Andel. Where your wooden shoes and you will fit right in.

Henly is an arrogant asshole. I invite you to send me cash for my $650 ticket.

I hope you realize we're a fan site and not an official site, and so we won't be sending you $650.

In general, Henley only asks people to be removed if they were taking video or photos. They are rather uptight about video, photos, and standing in the way of others, yelling inappropriately, or otherwise disturbing those around you, who also paid $650 to see the band. As someone who pays a lot of money to see the band, I'm generally glad when security gets the disturbances out of the way.

At the Omaha concert, I was in front of some guy who shouted Joe's name constantly, and his wife kept yelling to band members that she loved them. Very boorish about it, but fortunately they stopped after nearly everyone around them complained. $650 is way too much money to spend to have to put up with that.

sodascouts
09-10-2014, 08:10 PM
What exactly did you do? Don didn't arbitrarily pick you out because he didn't like your hair. What rules did you violate?

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2014, 04:47 AM
I've heard people shout out to band members that they love them during quieter phases (and yes, I've mouthed it and blown a few kisses) but I've also seen the frustration on their faces when noise at the start of a show prevents them from proceeding. As a semi pro photographer I'm a bit bummed that I can't take pics anymore but those are the rules. You have to obey them. And in fairness I've really gotten to enjoy the HOTE shows without other people holding up phones and blocking my view the whole time. I can't complain about people standing up in front of me. I've had front row seats all year!!!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
09-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I can see how its annoying that you can't take pictures because you want to remember the show. At the same time it is HISTORY of the Eagles. The band wants you to remember the 70s when there were no cell phones to take pictures with. You just enjoyed the music.

I wasn't alive in the 70s so I don't really know what it was like. Sometimes I wish there were time machines so I could go back in time and experience a real 70s Eagles concert. The Eagles might be trying to recreate that and also be respectful of others at the same time so they can see.