PDA

View Full Version : CMAs 11-07-07

Brooke
11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, it was GREAT! Vince Gill introduced them. He said something like "for 35 years everyone here has listened to their songs and wished they could write songs like them and sing songs like them. And then something about country rock, then....The Eagles!"

They never said a word and sang How Long. Everyone was dressed in all black. Even Glenn! And Don played guitar with the rest! They all looked great! They pretty much got a standing ovation and that was it! So far.

I'm looking for our 3 ladies, haven't seen them yet!

EasyFeeling
11-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Ooooooooooh... can't wait to hear more. Too bad it's still middle of the night........ get up, girls!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Claire
11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I've just downloaded the video and hadn't a great sound :( . I could heard Glenn and Don's voices, a bit of Steuart's guitar part but nothing really clear apart from that... I guess the quality was better on TV :wink:

Glennsallnighter
11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Claire, if you get BBC2 in France they re showing the highlights on Sunday evening at 22:45 GMT.
I got a new TV and DVD recorder this week. If I can I'm going to try to record this show. Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Perfect Little Sister
11-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Does anyone subscribe to Wireimage? There are a number of pictures of the Eagles performing. I don't have a subscription so I could only see the thumbnails.

Claire
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
GA, I don't get BBC unfortunately... thank you though! And I hope for you you could record the show! :wink:

tbs fanatic
11-08-2007, 03:18 PM
OMG - can you believe I forgot to record the CMA's :evil: You guys will have to fill me in. Did you rush the stage? I didn't see any headlines about it

Brooke
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I found a couple. Here's the best one:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/CMAsEagles2007.jpg

Perfect Little Sister
11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Dang...those are a couple of hot, hot, hot men! Thanks for that Brooke!

Freypower
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I subscribe to WireImage (I thought people knew that). Unfortunately the photos were all group shots taken from a distance. Only one was worth keeping but because my infernal computer will barely allow me to do anything I cannot post it at the moment. :evil:

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Check it out guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxudMY38ug

More info soon!

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 03:19 AM
OK, here we go! What a fun night!

Our night on the town started around 4:00 pm. Dressed the the nines and ready to celebrate, DonFan, dreamer, and I made our way to the venue to see if we could catch the guys going down the red carpet. To our dismay, the red carpet area was almost completely barricaded off and hidden from view. We could see the end of the carpet, the front of the cars, and some movement, but we couldn't identify who it was. Since it was cold and we didn't even know for sure if the Eagles would even walk the carpet, we gave up and went into a local bar to warm up, have some drinks and nachos, and wait to go into the venue.

Then it was time. We headed in to the theater and up to our seats. And we went up... and up... and up... top balcony, far right, far back! At first I was a little bummed - then I noticed that even further right, there was an empty section of the top balcony directly above the stage area. I moved down there and no one seemed to care. My perch allowed me to see directly down onto the stage where they performed, and also even to part of the backstage area.

I watched carefully to catch a glimpse of the guys behind the partitions before they performed, praying they'd be on the stage below me and not the one on the other side. My prayers were answered. After about an hour, I saw some gold drums being moved into place in the shadows as some girl performed on the other stage. I squinted - the guy behind the drums was not Don. I thought "Oh, it must not be them" - then I thought - "Wait, Don likes to be out front now. That could be Crago." Sure enough, that was Crago, and it was the Eagles coming out. It was dark and I couldn't see their faces, but I knew it immediately. I watched them as they got ready to go. Glenn chugged some kid of bottled drink (Gatorade?), Tim shifted from foot to foot and stepped up and back, Joe and Don moved around a bit before finding their places. They looked at each other and whispered a bit as they waited, then fell silent and stood in preparation as the big moment approached. My heart was pounding with excitement. It wouldn't be long now!

And then, as they were introduced and the partition rose to reveal our guys, I could see them in the full light. As you all know from watching the YouTube clip, they looked incredible. I sometimes glanced at the technotron screen to see their faces up close, but mostly looked down at them from above. I loved their outfits - especially the way Glenn's shirt opened at the neck to reveal a little more than usual. Sexy but classy. Nice. Joe looked sleek in his black suit jacket and shirt. Tim appeared to be in a silky black variation of his normal stage outfit - but Tim fans will appreciate that his neck opened even further than Glenn's. ;) Don's hair looked good, although I thought I saw a bit of gray at the temples. Still, it's a much better style and length than during Farewell 1. As always, he looks his best in black.

While at first they seemed nervous and stiff, soon they were getting into it. By "shinin' in the sun", Glenn had gotten his game on. I loved that, after his first verse, he gave this huge grin to Joe, then to Don. He seemed really energetic. I also really liked Glenn's rough-edged vocal. Don also took a little bit to loosen up when singing his verse, but before long he was workin' it, too. All of the notes weren't letter-perfect because this was live, but there was no "OUCH" moments where someone reaches for something and totally misses it. In fact, I think they did a terrific job all around. Our guys done good! ;)

BTW, people have complained about the sound as it came across the TV - well, it was pretty bad in the venue, too - or at least it sounded that way from where I was. Admittedly, there was an echo for us.

They were very well received. You can't hear it on the TV version, but there were cheers throughout. After the initial big cheer when they started, a big cheer came when Glenn started his verse, and another when Don started his. There was also a standing ovation afterwards - the first standing O after a performance (although the prizewinners had gotten them).

Afterwards when the lights and partition went down, I got to watch them once again "off-camera". They seemed pleased and walked off together in an apparently good mood, descending down the steps and out of sight. I was pleased, too. They rocked. I'm so glad I went!

Mrs Frey
11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow, Soda, thanks for that review! I tried to picture every moment you described, and felt the excitement with you! I'm so glad you, DF and Dreamer enjoyed yourselves so much. If only the boys knew you were there to support them - they would have been very chuffed! 8)

I haven't watched the YouTube link yet, but I can tell from the picture that Brooke posted (thanks, girlfriend! 8) ) that they looked gorgeous indeed! :smitten:

FP, I'm so sorry that you're having continuous computer problems - I hope you find a solution soon.

Brooke
11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh Soda, that was wonderful! Sounds like you had an amazing time! How cool that you, DonFan, and dreamer got to go to such a special event with the greatest American band of all time! :yay: :band:

tbs fanatic
11-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Great review. Sounds like you all had fun.

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry to disappoint on that kissing thing, but we were so far up that by the time we'd have gotten down there, they'd have been leaving the stage! ;)

Claire
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
THANK YOU so much for your review Soda :bow: !! It's so great to have more details about how were the guys on this show :D ! You made my day!

DonFan
11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, as Soda said above, the guys rocked and we are SO glad we were able to be there! Some of my thoughts:

The Sommet Center is a huge sports arena in downtown Nashville's "Music Row." There are lots of bars and restaurants nearby, so we nabbed a table by the window at the restaurant across the street to drink and watch throngs of people in their finery walking by. People were dressed in everything from jeans and cowboy hats to beautiful evening gowns. Soda & I got a bag full of "swag" outside on the red carpet--Hank Williams Jr sunglasses, Mary Kay makeup (they were one of the sponsors), a special Country Music edition of People magazine, and a pair of earplugs. ( ? ) When we went inside the venue, they were selling CMA t-shirts and caps, and we all got a CMA program & a poster with pictures of all the nominees, as freebees.

Our seats were way, WAY up in the nosebleed section. Talk about a bird's eye view! You know how they have those huge banks of lights suspended up in the rafters in sports arenas? We looked down on them. There was a huge technotron screen right in front of us so we could see what was broadcast on TV. Watching the show live was a little bit like watching a three ring circus--there were two stages set up below us, and while one performer or group was playing on one stage, another group was setting up behind a partition on the other stage, and of course from our vantage point up above, we could see everything that was going on at all times. We saw the emcees before they came out and we saw them reading off the teleprompter. We saw all the behind the scenes stuff, like the battery of "dressers" arranging Carrie Underwood's billowing gown and fixing her hair & makeup as she was waiting to sing, and we saw someone hug Kellie Pickler after she burst into tears during her performance. Very interesting.

As Soda said, we knew when the guys were about to sing when we saw the gold drum set come out and we saw Joe's blond hair in the darkness. They looked fabulous and the crowd reception was amazing--there were cheers throughout their performance, and a huge standing ovation. I tried to take a couple of pictures which I will post later. The sound in the arena was off, making it difficult to hear not just the Eagles but all the performers, so I was very glad to watch the performance later and actually hear them sing. I thought Timothy did an especially good job trying to sing with his injured throat. I just wished the performance had lasted longer, or they had come back for another number!

Other little bits or interest: as soon as the lights came up for a commercial break, you could see all the stars get up and mill around, talking to each other. Then the announcer would say "30 seconds until we are live," and then "15 seconds," then "5 seconds," and everyone would literally run to their seats. They played old clips from earlier CMA performances on the technotron screens while the commercials were running. The clip of Reba was particularly funny--she had HUGE hair and a big billowing dress that swallowed her. Then Reba came out now, looking sleek and beautiful, so it was quite a change. Watching the Brentwood High School band march down the aisles to sing with Brad Paisley on "Online" was quite a sight. Carrie Underwood was especially pretty, as was Kate Walsh--I loved her Gray's Anatomy so it was fun to see her live. You could've heard a pin drop when Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland sang her song--it was amazing. The duet with Jamie Foxx and the lead singer of Rascal Flatts (whose name just left me) really rocked the house too, although he was apparently having difficulty singing that second song and Jamie kind of carried the whole number.

After the show was over, the stars were whisked away to an after-party across the street hosted by Warner Brothers. We saw Vince Gill walk through the velvet rope, but a huge throng of fans blocked the door after that.

We had a terrific time! I was so proud of our guys--it was a wonderful night!

timfan
11-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Sounds like you ladies had a BLAST!! :)

I have found some more pics from the CMA awards 8) :

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796383.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/capt_81c6d135fe7f47d38e3474729c45ec.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796386.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/r2022168776.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796389.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/capt_962add0d5c264d99ac70f575842783.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796392.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/frey/capt_b3e1dcfd6b4942b8a5337e218a91c9.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796420.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/frey/r3872979023.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796424.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796425.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/henley/capt_18fa9bdd81cb4a96822db4d085f86c.jpg

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Very cool - thanks!

EasyFeeling
11-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for posting the video, it was great to watch. :D And they looked so good, I really liked their black outfit. The pictures are also fantastic, TF. :D

glenneaglesfan
11-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Wow, thanks for those reviews, Df and Soda. It sounds like a fun evening, and how cool to see the video put up so quickly.
Thanks for finding those pictures, tf. The boys really do look great. 8)

In England, the CMA show is being shown tonight (Saturday) on BBC2 at 11.45pm GMT. I'm going to try and record it too, so between us all, someone should get it!

DonFan
11-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for posting those pics, TF, they are great--especially these two:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796383.jpg http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/henley/capt_18fa9bdd81cb4a96822db4d085f86c.jpg

EasyFeeling
11-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Ooooooooooh, these smiles *siiiiiiiiiigh*
GEF, have fun watching the CMAs. Looks like you are going to have much more fun than me. TV in Germany is really boring today. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
We got a new home Entertainment system this week including a DVD recorder. So its programmed, the DVD is in and we're ready to go. As it my first time using this facility I don't know how it'll turn out but ..... hopefully it'll work :thumbsup: We'll see!!

glenneaglesfan
11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Best of luck, GA!

Mine worked!! And hubby is away today, so I've managed to back it off Sky and onto dvd. I tried two screen formats for the guys - the widescreen one rather squashed out the edges, so I also saved a copy in 4:3 format.
I enjoyed a lot of the show, knowing nothing at all about country music. I thought Rascall Flatts sounded like mainstream rock. I missed KU (sorry EF and Brooke), but have it recorded now so should be able to catch up late. I did glimpse Clay Walker in the crowd, which always gives me a warm feeling! :wink:
It's the first time the Eagles have played without their entourage for a while. I agree, they seemed a little stiff to start with, but loved it when Glenn smiled at Joe and Don, and agree that it loosened up a bit after that.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Well - I'm back home from my Nashville trip and had a great time with Soda and DonFan at the awards show. I am so glad I went even if our guys did only perform one song and our seats made my ears pop. Actually, because we were high up, we got a great view of all the "behind the scenes" action that was taking place on the three stages as Soda and DonFan mentioned. I thought that was very cool. As Soda said, as soon as we saw the gold drums being rolled out, we knew we were on the right side of the stage. I totally missed Carrie Underwood's performance because all the Eagles setup was happening during it, so I was otherwise occupied. ;) I really can't add much to Soda and DonFan's reviews. I did try to get a couple of pictures, but I was concentrating on the performance so I don't know how they turned out. I'll post them ASAP if they turn out okay. As Soda and DonFan said, all in all, it was a very awesome experience, and I am grateful that I was able to see it live.

Freypower
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Thank you for the photos & reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, thanks to you all. It was great to read and to watch the highlights last night.

Unfortunately the system did not appear to work as I couldn't get anything out of the supposedly recorded DVD :( . However the system is only new so its probably just teething problems. I have Disc 2 of F1 on at the moment (It used not work on the old player) so its a treat to watch Glenn :heart: in gorgeous, room filling 46" glory! (the others don't look too bad either :wink:

FP I LOVE this weeks avatar :D

Mrs Frey
11-12-2007, 06:49 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/Eagles/77796383.jpg

Oooh, TF, thank you for posting those beautiful CMA pics of the boys. The pic above is my favourite. I pretty much gasped for air when I saw that glorious smile from Glenn :heart:. Be still my heart! :blush: ALL the guys looks very handsome and smart in their black outfits. Wow.

DF and Dreamer, thanks for your reviews of the show, and sharing your experiences with us. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

I'm trying to access YouTube now to watch the video - I've found the site painfully slow lately :roll:.

GEF, it's great that you were able to record the show.

GA, it must have been disappointing for you not to have succeeded in recording the show. At least your F1 Disc 2 is working again! 8)

EasyFeeling
11-12-2007, 07:02 AM
GA, I'm sorry your recording doesn't work.

Dreamer, you are back. :D I'm glad you had so much fun. Now I'm heading to Keith's section to see if you have anything to say about his performance. :wink:

Mrs Frey
11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
After waiting what seemed like forever to get into YouTube, with "1 item remaining" staying on the screen for quite while, i.e. the video (with the link and comments, etc. on the page already), I decided I was just going to download the video and get done with it.

Mission accomplished. I've watched it and I have one thing to say: THE EAGLES ARE AWESOME!!!

Their voices are stunning and the band is as tight as ever. Absolute perfection. This performance is as perfect as the record - only better because it's live. Glenn's :heart: voice thrilled me, and he looked simply gorgeous :drool:. It's amazing how he hits those notes so high and true at his age. Despite his voice pitch dropping quite a bit since the '70s, he sings that song as well as he did back then, if not better. The same can be said for Don (although I have to go on a little more about Glenn :heart: :blush: ).

Soda, Dreamer and DF: how proud our boys must have made the three of you!

rcknalwys
11-13-2007, 05:50 PM
According to the net, CMT is going to rebroadcast the CMA awards on Thanksgiving at 8pm eastern time. I know the clip has been posted but thought I'd share for anyone else that didn't get to see the show when it aired...or just wants to watch it again.

Freypower
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I watched the CMAs last night - or the second hour. As I turned on I thought 'uh oh. I've missed the Eagles'. But sure enough it was repeated this morning. I'm very proud of myself. I recorded it and I already have some very nice screenshots which I will share if I can get PB to load.

Glenn looked absolutely gorgeous. The jacket is the one he wore at the Tiger Woods Benefit!!!! He sang really well. He did his usual thing of moving his head around and keeping up group morale. The harmonies were great. Don's part was good too.

I have read a lot of criticism of Steuart's solo and I don't get it. He played it fine, perhaps slightly more stripped down than the recorded version.

I believe I caught Kris Kristofferson applauding at the end. It certainly looked like him.

Other than that though, the show bemused this Australian. Watching these people all thanking God and country radio was a bit weird. The female singers in particular, to me, were not country singers but Celine Dion power balladeers (except for Allison Krauss, who wasn't bad and has just recorded an album with Robert Plant). And of course I hadn't heard of many of them.

Maleah
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand why them thanking God and country radio was weird. Country music has ALWAYS had spiritual ties and many of today's country artists consider themselves christians. As for radio, without radio there wouldn't be much advertisement for these stars and they are one of the few genres that are actually thankful and appreciative of it.

Also, you don't get much more country than Jennifer Nettles voice. If anyone ties "twang" with country music.....there you would have it. Today's country music has evolved just like every other genre. You don't hear much rock/pop that sounds like the Eagles these days. Instead.........you'd find the country artists fitting that mold. But then, I guess the Eagles have always been considered a little bit country...a little bit rock 'n roll. lol ;)

I'm really not meaning to nit pick at your post..........just posting my observations and opinions that possibly differ lol ;) :D

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand why them thanking God and country radio was weird.

Neither do I, Maleah. After all, it's not just country artists that thank God when they win a special award - people do it at awards shows all the time, from Mary J. Blige at the Grammys to Jennifer Hudson at the Oscars (just two examples among many). It's not unusual at all. And I don't really see why it's odd that these guys would be grateful for their radio play either. :shrug:

DonFan
11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I was thinking about the CMAs this morning, and remembering some of those old clips they showed during the commercial breaks.

One was the Gatlin Bros singing "All the gold in California...is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody else's name."

I got a chuckle when I thought the lyrics could be:
"All the gold in California is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in Irving Azoff's name." :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
:rofl: Good one DF.

tbs fanatic
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Okay, I have to add my two cents as I chuckle at the last few posts. Thanking God and so on at award ceremony's is very American. I am English and have lived in America for many years and am always amazed at how much Americans thank God for this, that and the other - I'm not knocking it but it tends to be overdone and so doesn't sound very genuine. Honestly, you don't hear this much (if at all) in other countries.

I could go on but I"ll stop as I'm sure I've already ticked people off.

Maleah
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I will agree that sometimes, with certain people, it comes across as being not genuine. But to judge them and say that it's NOT genuine is not for me to say. I don't know if you (tbs) or FP believe in God or not.....but if you don't....then just because a lot of people do and thank Him for things...that doesn't make it overdone and not genuine. You guys would probably get sick of me if I ever make it famous because I would be thanking Him for EVERYTHING because I know what He's done for me and what He's brought me through. lol! I'm not trying to attack your opposing view, trust me because I love you two to pieces (!).....just trying to maybe point out why it's not necessarily fair. I would never look at something that another country does and say that it's silly or overdone just because it wasn't something that wasn't important to me. I'm not saying that's what you to did...I'm just trying to point out that every person and every country is different. I'm gonna stop because you guys are going to think I'm overreacting (and I"m sorry if you do!)......but this is a very important subject to me! Sorry! lol :D

EasyFeeling
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh, seems this is a sensitive issue here. :wink: I don't think you are overreacting, Maleah. It's just the way you think and that's ok. When I watched American award shows like the Oscar or so I also noticed that. Barely one does it in Germany. But every country has its own beliefs and I respect that.

tbs fanatic
11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry if I upset you Maleah, I'm really not knocking it. I'm sure you could find plenty of things that the English do that would baffle you. It is simply one of those quirky American things. I'm married to an American so don't get me started on 'quirky Americans' :wink:

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Hmm, I learned something new today! I think the reason that Maleah and I wasn't too keen on the term "weird" was that it seemed to imply that there was something wrong with people thanking God. If you believe they are all hypocrites I guess I understand the disapproval, although I'm not sure how one could know that without knowing the person. Certainly I understand better why FP was so surprised by it if it doesn't happen in other countries and she had not seen an American awards show before.

But one thing I do know, people believe in God everywhere. It's not like America invented Him! lol I'm not sure why it's more common to thank Him over here.

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I was thinking about the CMAs this morning, and remembering some of those old clips they showed during the commercial breaks.

One was the Gatlin Bros singing "All the gold in California...is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody else's name."

I got a chuckle when I thought the lyrics could be:
"All the gold in California is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in Irving Azoff's name." :wink:

lol!

You know, I LOVE that old song. I find the original line pretty funny, too!

Perfect Little Sister
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Perhaps we are just more outspoken. We are used to shooting our mouths off here, because we can. lol We make sure we exercise that right. Unfortunately, many of those acceptance speeches come across as very contrived. Perhaps the person who thanks family, friends, industry and fans, then goes home and quietly gives thanks to God comes across as more genuine than someone up there spouting tears (yet completely able to speak normally) and naming every name they can come up with.

Freypower
11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
I have had to edit this several times. First of all I apologise for using the word 'weird'. I meant it the way Australians and British people tend to use it for something we're not used to, and no, I'm not used to such overt religiosity. I don't watch award shows. When I did use to watch them (the Oscars) people didn't automatically thank God every time. I felt that God was being lumped in with every other person who had to be thanked, who ranged from country radio to producers to ex-wives to fans, and I'm afraid the people who thanked God didn't come across as genuine to me. So if that makes me sound pompous again I apologise. I tend to agree with what PLS said about faith being something you express in private which you don't have to shout from the rooftops. But if it was a natural thing for them to do, then that is fair enough, and I'm wrong to criticise it. My point was it didn't sound natural, but my culture is very different. :blush:

Maleah
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry if I upset you Maleah, I'm really not knocking it. I'm sure you could find plenty of things that the English do that would baffle you. It is simply one of those quirky American things. I'm married to an American so don't get me started on 'quirky Americans' :wink:

nah...you didn't upset me. I just felt the need to defend something I believe in :D So don't feel sorry!

Soda, I think you hit the nail on the head with everything you said!

FP I understand what you're saying. No need to apologize for your language or opinions ;)

I think the part that bothers me is like what Soda said.....a) it seemed to be implied that something was wrong with it ( I understand now what you all meant).......and b) another thing that Soda stated......it's hard to say that someone isn't sincere when you don't know them.

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Don't worry FP - I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I also didn't realize that "weird" had a different connotation elsewhere. I guess I'm getting some cultural lessons today. That's a good thing! :)

Maleah
11-15-2007, 12:50 AM
same here! ;) It's always good to keep learning!

EasyFeeling
11-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Don't worry FP - I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I also didn't realize that "weird" had a different connotation elsewhere. I guess I'm getting some cultural lessons today. That's a good thing! :)

I looked it up in the dic... I found 11 similar meanings of that word. Not easy for me to use it in the right way. :wink:

tbs fanatic
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Well I think we sorted that one out :D Now, who were our favs at the CMA's?

sodascouts
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Well I think we sorted that one out :D Now, who were our favs at the CMA's?

Oh, is that what we were talking about? ;)

Other than the Eagles, I really liked the performances by the vets like George Strait. Most of the girl singers all seemed to look alike to me - young, beautiful blondes - I wasn't familiar enough with the genre to tell them apart. The one that cried - I think her name was Pickler - affected me, though.