PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fighter Deaths

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
As we are a small country in the scheme of things many of you may not have heard this news, but two fire fighters died on duty in Ireland today. They were part of 3 crews which were sent to a fire in a factory warehouse in Bray, Co Wicklow about 20 miles from Dublin City Centre and while they were attemping to extinguish it from inside the roof collapsed trapping them. Our (Hubby is a fire fighter with Dublin Fire Brigade) fire fighting community is in shock over this as it is a long time since any fire fighter has died on active duty in Ireland. A lot of people, ourselves included tend to take the emergency services for granted and its only when something like this happens that we realise the risks some people take. While I did not know the deceased men personally it does not lessen the tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends and colleagues of the departed men.

Molly
09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
You're right, GA, I think we all take our firefighters, police officers, soldiers, etc. for granted until something tragic like this happens.

My thoughts and prayers to the families and co-workers of these men.

Brooke
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
How tragic. All involved are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

SweetHolly
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

sodascouts
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I will say a prayer for the families too. I can't imagine having a job where you put your life at risk every day. Give your husband a kiss for us!

SweetHolly
09-26-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree Nancy. Please give your husband a kiss from me too. :D

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks girls :D I will :wink:

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2007, 05:26 AM
GA, that is very sad news, and it feels so close to home when it's part of your life too. I'll be thinking of the bereaved families, and you and your hubby too.

Mrs Frey
09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
GA, allow me to add my empathies to the berieved families of those firefighters who so bravely gave their lives toward saving others. I pray that your hubby will continue to be safe in his daily firefighting work.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I know I'm a little late with this, but I just want to echo what everyone else has said here. How sad when someone loses their life in the line of duty. I have a cousin whose husband was a state trooper, and he lost his life a couple of years ago when someone hit him after he had pulled over another car on a highway. I know how much pain my cousin has suffered, so I can only imagine what these families are going through.