PDA

View Full Version : Sad News for the Schmit Family

LJH
01-01-2015, 06:11 PM
http://www.eastlawn.com/obituary/Jane-Rae-Schmit/Sacramento-CA/1466105

shunlvswx
01-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Poor Timothy. I didn't know his mother was still alive.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to Timothy and his family.

sad-cafe
01-01-2015, 07:40 PM
My thoughts and prayers for the family.

Having lost my mother December 4th I completely understand the hurt and pain.

MaryCalifornia
01-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Thank you, LJH.

Timothy and Glenn lost their moms in the same year.

How adorable was Mrs. Schmit?

Mormon? Was Timothy raised Mormon? I always thought he was Catholic...(Is it bad form to bring up religion?)

Condolences to TBS and his family during this sad time.

MaryCalifornia
01-01-2015, 08:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers for the family.

Having lost my mother December 4th I completely understand the hurt and pain.

S-C, so sorry to hear this. My belated condolences to you.

GlennLover
01-01-2015, 08:21 PM
My condolences to the Schmit family. It it painful to lose a loved one at any time, but it must be even a bit harder so near Christmas. :sad:

shunlvswx
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't know how old that picture is, but she was a beautiful lady. Wow!!! 90.

tjh532
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Thank you, LJH.

Timothy and Glenn lost their moms in the same year.

How adorable was Mrs. Schmit?

Mormon? Was Timothy raised Mormon? I always thought he was Catholic...(Is it bad form to bring up religion?)

Condolences to TBS and his family during this sad time.

I would like to add my condolences as well. It's always hard to lose your mom :(

Mary - I thought the same thing. Maybe she was LDS and Danny was Catholic? I guess if there was a way to see his father's obituary, that would give us a clue.

WalshFan88
01-01-2015, 10:46 PM
So sorry to hear. :sad:

DJ
01-01-2015, 11:09 PM
My sympathies to the Schmit family.

Freypower
01-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Sympathy to Tim & his family.

Brooke
01-02-2015, 10:52 AM
So sorry to hear this. My sympathies to Timothy and the family.

ktdids
01-02-2015, 05:42 PM
My condolences to Timothy and his family. So sorry to hear about his loss.

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Sad news indeed, may Jane Rae Schmit rest in peace.
My sympathies from Ireland to Timothy and his family. I will keep all of them in my prayers.

Houston Baby
01-02-2015, 11:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers for Timothy and his family.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Sadness .... 2014 was a hard year ..lots of mothers lost

cynd1231
01-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the entire Schmit family on the loss of their beloved mother/grandmother. May they find peace in the knowledge that she is at rest and hold her in their hearts forever.

zeldabjr
01-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I am thinking of Timothy and his family today as they lay their Mom to rest...sending prayers to the whole Schmit family...

TimFan222
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM
My condolences to the Schmit family. It it painful to lose a loved one at any time, but it must be even a bit harder so near Christmas. :sad:

GL. I lost my mom on Dec 23rd 4 years ago. It is harder to loose so near to Christmas. You have plans and gifts to remind you all thru the holidays. You just go thru the motions

My prayers to Timothy and his family.

GlennLover
01-03-2015, 02:20 PM
GL. I lost my mom on Dec 23rd 4 years ago. It is harder to loose so near to Christmas. You have plans and gifts to remind you all thru the holidays. You just go thru the motions

My prayers to Timothy and his family.

I'm sorry to hear that, TF222. Although the pain never goes away completely, I hope that it lessens every year & is replaced by warm memories.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Well even though I'm a late here, I wish to extend my heartfelt condolences to Timothy and all of his family on the loss of his beloved mother. She seemed to be very highly thought of by her family and community. She must have been extremely proud of Timothy.

R.I.P. Mrs. Jane.

I also lost my Mom five years ago on December 8th. I do think it always puts a bit of a cloud over the holidays, but, in reality, I would probably get the same melancholy feeling around the anniversary date of her death no matter when it was. I knew Timothy had two brothers, but I didn't know their names or whether they were older or younger until I read the obituary. At least, one positive thing around this is that there were no concert dates scheduled to pull Timothy away from his family during this time. Godspeed to the Schmit family.

MaryCalifornia
01-03-2015, 07:24 PM
I had the same thought, Dreamer. What do you do if you're 2 weeks into a 4-week Australian tour? Fortunately, the Eagles did not have to deal with those logistics during the sad times of losing Mrs. Frey and Mrs. Schmit this year.

The Rolling Stones are in litigation with their insurance company re: postponing their Australian tour when Mick Jagger's girlfriend died. The result being that the list of covered "family" members covered under Mick's policy became public during the case, and it is fascinating to see. Perhaps we can start a thread to discuss postponing/canceling shows (or do we have one?), I'm sorry to clutter this one.

01-03-2015, 07:59 PM
BTW - I also meant to mention what a strong resemblance Timothy bears to his mother.

And MC - A Postponed/Cancelled Concerts thread sounds like a good topic for a thread for the Singing for the Sake of the Song forum. As far as I know, we don't already have one. Do you want to start it or would you like for me to?

MaryCalifornia
01-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Can you please?, and move these posts over there - that's the part I don't know how to do...

01-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Okay - All done.

GlennLover
01-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Just for the record, Glenn lost his mom in September 2013. It doesn't seem like it has been over a year.

TimFan222
01-04-2015, 07:54 PM
If I remember right didn't Glenn's mom die when they were in Calgary in 2013.

If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) she died the second night of the Calgary shows. I was there and it seems I read the next day that she had died. I thought then that he seemed a little more subdued but the show went on. I wondered how he got thru that.......

sodascouts
01-05-2015, 01:22 AM
So sorry to hear it. My condolences as well.

SilverMoon
01-05-2015, 11:58 PM
I was so very sorry to hear the sad news of Mrs. Schmit’s passing. :sad: I send my deepest condolences to Timothy and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. Rest in Peace, Mrs. Jane Rae Schmit.