PDA

View Full Version : 2015 US Eagles Dates?

WalshFan88
01-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Am I losing my mind?!

I thought I just saw a week or so ago where the Eagles were playing in St. Louis and other places in the US and now I can't find any deets on it.

I just started on a new medicine that is messing with my memory and I'm being serious as I thought I saw they were playing in St Louis in October.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Since you're being serious, I won't say you're losing your mind!

No, they have announced NOTHING. Anywhere. I was really hoping that Glenn's interview today during the Knicks game would be an announcement of something, but it wasn't.

Irving teased us with the idea that the Eagles could do a residency in 12 different cities, but he didn't say they would. :depressed:

WalshFan88
01-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I am totally losing my mind!!

I could have sworn I saw them. But I looked and I saw them last in October in St Louis which was in 2013!!!! Surely I didn't see some old concert info.... :(

I was just looking tonight for ticket info. :faint:

sodascouts
01-11-2015, 03:48 AM
I wish! Maybe it was an Eagies tribute band.

BillBailey1976
01-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Does anyone see another "World Tour" in them or do you think it will be more of an existence of a few shows here and there?

I would say a new album (I know..pipe dream) would mean a full fledged tour, but otherwise, I'm not sure we'll see anywhere near the same scale we've seen with HOTE.

thelastresort
01-16-2015, 08:12 PM
I can see them wrapping up within the next five years or so. I think they have to do something for HC's 40th, and it wouldn't surprise me if they called it quits beyond that. They have I think too much pride as a band to put on a lesser show or get slowly worse, and as amazing as they are now, they'll be approaching 70 very soon. I can see them doing one more visit to Europe and Down Under in 2016~ then solely confining themselves to North America or finishing altogether. Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.

BillBailey1976
01-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.

That would be a great idea, especially from a marketing standpoint.

Freypower
01-16-2015, 09:31 PM
I can see them wrapping up within the next five years or so. I think they have to do something for HC's 40th, and it wouldn't surprise me if they called it quits beyond that. They have I think too much pride as a band to put on a lesser show or get slowly worse, and as amazing as they are now, they'll be approaching 70 very soon. I can see them doing one more visit to Europe and Down Under in 2016~ then solely confining themselves to North America or finishing altogether. Something tells me they would make it known that it was the final time they would visit somewhere.

For a start, I don't agree with this assumption that they will celebrate the HC anniversary when they have never done anything like that. As for Australia, there is no way they would come back here the next year after they've just been. No way. I'm not expecting to see them again.

thelastresort
01-16-2015, 10:01 PM
For a start, I don't agree with this assumption that they will celebrate the HC anniversary when they have never done anything like that. As for Australia, there is no way they would come back here the next year after they've just been. No way. I'm not expecting to see them again.

I'm not as convinced as I realise my post now sounds about any HC acknowledgement, but I would have thought there would be an amount of pressure (perhaps assumption) on them to do something from the more mainstream media and fans, certainly more than they would ever have had for any other anniversary; though of course I doubt that would shift their mentality. I guess it all depends on what Irving and the guys want, though as it would almost certainly be their last act around that time I would have thought they would be slightly more susceptible to making it stand out, as opposed to being a F1-style generic concert.

I suppose 2016 is a bit early, but I would have thought that if they made it clear this was it, now or never or indeed never again, then they could muster up enough interest and sales to prompt coming back relatively quickly; of course to even it out they could follow they pattern they have for HOTE. I just can't imagine the guys would knowingly go on tour with no intention of ever returning and keep quiet about it, especially considering the enormous fanbase they have and the amount of people who, frankly, adore them.

sodascouts
01-17-2015, 07:37 PM
I think it would be great for them to do something special for the anniversary of HC, but for some reason the band doesn't seem to capitalize on those anniversaries as much as you'd expect. I guess we'll see!

BillBailey1976
01-18-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't know the source, but it seems like, that back toward the beginning of the HOTE tour that Irving said that if you wanted to see this type of Eagles show to go now, cause this was a one time deal. One go around. He said that the band wasnt going away, but this type of tour/show was? I'm not sure if that was just a tactic to ensure ticket sales, and I don't remember where I read that.

UndertheWire
01-18-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't know the source, but it seems like, that back toward the beginning of the HOTE tour that Irving said that if you wanted to see this type of Eagles show to go now, cause this was a one time deal. One go around. He said that the band wasnt going away, but this type of tour/show was? I'm not sure if that was just a tactic to ensure ticket sales, and I don't remember where I read that.
This one: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/from-eagles-to-jersey-boy_b_5553742.html

Ive always been a dreamer
01-18-2015, 02:32 PM
I know the band has a reputation of never changing things and there are some fans that believe that just because the band never did something before means that they won't do it in the future. However, IMO, the band has surprised us with quite a few things, especially in the past few years, that I thought I'd never see. My belief is that 2015 is a transition year for the band and they are currently exploring their options and contemplating their future. I'm anxious to see how they decide to proceed, but I'll take something over nothing any day at this point.

BillBailey1976
01-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks UTW. I knew I had read that.

To me, reading that again, it seems Irving is saying that once the HOTE tour ends, the days of the 3 hour concerts are over too.

I would definitely see the Eagles at 90 minutes. You'd for sure lose alot of great songs, but it would allow them to be pickier about which songs they could do easier vocally. You could drop the harder ones to sing, and still fill out a 90 minute set.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Thanks UTW. I knew I had read that.

To me, reading that again, it seems Irving is saying that once the HOTE tour ends, the days of the 3 hour concerts are over too.

I would definitely see the Eagles at 90 minutes. You'd for sure lose alot of great songs, but it would allow them to be pickier about which songs they could do easier vocally. You could drop the harder ones to sing, and still fill out a 90 minute set.

Their shows in 2012 were two hours. I prefer 3 hours, but I can live with 2 hours. 90 minutes for a band is getting questionable. As GA said, it's hard to justify traveling a distance for a shorter show. Of course, they think along the lines of people that live in a given area except for places like Vegas, but then most people are there for other reasons as well. Still, even for locals, until you get off work, get home, fight traffic, get parked, and get inside, you've just spent more time getting there than a 90 minute show takes, and that doesn't count the same thing back. It's hard to justify that in the middle of a work week.

Brooke
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
I don't expect them to do another world tour, but I can see them doing a few shows in Vegas every year for a few years. Probably 90 min. to 2 hours. Then they will fade to obscurity, sad to say.

I hope not, but.....

BillBailey1976
01-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Their shows in 2012 were two hours. I prefer 3 hours, but I can live with 2 hours. 90 minutes for a band is getting questionable. As GA said, it's hard to justify traveling a distance for a shorter show. Of course, they think along the lines of people that live in a given area except for places like Vegas, but then most people are there for other reasons as well. Still, even for locals, until you get off work, get home, fight traffic, get parked, and get inside, you've just spent more time getting there than a 90 minute show takes, and that doesn't count the same thing back. It's hard to justify that in the middle of a work week.

I understand what you are saying. I agree to an extent. I think if you cut back to 90 minutes, you may want to consider a real opening act. I'm sure there are young artists that the Eagles have mentored or helped out and supported, or at least that Irving manages. That could be a showcase for that.

I remember how odd it seemed, the first time I saw the Eagles, in 95 with them having no opening act. (Granted, I didn't know it was a 3 hour show :) but I'd never been to a concert with just one band)

thelastresort
01-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I would prefer to see some of the old hands like Jackson Brown or J.D. Souther open for them if anyone had to, instead of some newbies, make it more of a double header than the legendary Eagles plus some kids that no one really knows.

Anyway, I have to be honest and say I rather they finish on the crest of a wave instead of hitting the beach. Ending as a one-man 3 hour show is better than ending with support because you can only physically do 90 minutes.

Houston Baby
01-20-2015, 03:43 PM
My boss wants me to schedule my vacation days for the year so she can approve them today. I told her it was a little hard to do without knowing what the EAGLES' schedule is this year. :hilarious:

Freypower
01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
It won't affect me but I was very disappointed by some previous 90 minute setlists & the songs which were dropped, most of which seemed to be my favourites.

thelastresort
01-20-2015, 06:01 PM
The trouble the Eagles have is that they have about 15* songs you would find very hard to drop - that in itself probably takes up well over an hour of a 90-105 minute set...

* Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, Desperado, Already Gone, OOTN, Lyin' Eyes, TITTL, Hotel Cali, LITFL, New Kid in Town, ICTYW, In the City, Heartache Tonight, Life's Been Good, Funk #49 and Rocky Mountain Way...

sodascouts
01-21-2015, 07:14 PM
You have a good point. They have so many hits that there's not much room for lesser known treats if you're going to only have a 120 minute show (or, God forbid, less).