PDA

View Full Version : Randy's last show with the Eagles?

NightMistBlue
01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
All of the concert chronologies that I've found online seem to indicate that Randy's last concert with the Eagles was September 3, 1977 in Wisconsin. But there is a widely-circulated bootleg of a November 6, 1977 concert in Houston, Texas with Randy very much present in his Criteria Studios t-shirt, singing and performing so well. The November 6th part is certain because guest J.D. Souther announces it's Glenn's birthday. Could it be possible that it was 1976 though, not 1977? They played Fort Worth on Nov. 3, 1976 with the next known date being Nov. 7 in Shreveport.

Freypower
01-26-2015, 04:21 PM
That concert was on November 6, 1976.

sodascouts
01-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it's one of those bootlegs that got labelled incorrectly a long time ago and the mistake was perpetuated every time it was traded or sold by someone who didn't know better.

NightMistBlue
01-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks, you guys! Frey people know their stuff. :cheers:

Funk 50
02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
It looks like the History Of The Eagles tour may be drawing to a close and I have to say that I've lost some respect for Randy.

Randy spent a long time as a professional musician, most of it struggling but his handful of years in the Eagles have set him up for life.

I'm not saying he owes the Eagles anything and most fans probably couldn't care less if he put in an appearance or not but despite absence making the heart grow fonder in this case it has had the opposite effect on me.

I'm very disappointed with Randy.

thelastresort
02-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Isn't he quite badly ill? He certainly didn't look in the best of health on the (albeit brief) interviews he gave on the documentary and I'm certain I've read on here that over the past couple of years his health has suffered setbacks, seemingly to the point where any form of professional work is out of the question. I am absolutely certain that if he was able to he would have come back for even a handful of gigs, I remember reading he was quite upset that neither himself nor Bernie were invite back in 1994, alas it wasn't to be.

NightMistBlue
02-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Funk, I'm sure Randy would love to perform again with the Eagles but he's not able to healthwise. Don H. has said that Randy would have been included in the HOTE tour if he was well enough.

It's really tragic when you think how Randy asked the guys if he could sit in with them at the 1999 shows in Los Angeles and he was rebuffed, as well as not being included in 1994 (despite Randy calling Irving Azoff to ask circa late '93). Now that the Eagles are finally open to having Randy back, he's not well enough.

Funk 50
02-27-2015, 07:45 PM
I didn't know he asked to make an appearance at the millennium shows. Very sad he was rebuffed. I know he was hoping to be asked to do HFO.

The band were keen to have Randy involved in the HOTE tour. As far as I know his wife declined for him. So she didn't want him involved. The choking incident didn't sound like a long term problem.

Randy's entitled to his privacy. He may have a debilitating condition that I'm not aware of but as I said I'm disappointed with him.

Early on in the tour, it was mentioned that Randy wasn't there because of his health. I'm not sure if Glenn mentions Randy's health now. Is it still an issue? Has he recovered?

I can understand him not getting involved with the tour but I can't see why Randy's ignoring his fans.

I'm sure he hasn't lost the ability to communicate.
If Randy would love to perform again with the Eagles, he's keeping it to himself.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-27-2015, 08:30 PM
The band were keen to have Randy involved in the HOTE tour. As far as I know his wife declined for him. So she didn't want him involved. The choking incident didn't sound like a long term problem.

F50, I have to think that if you know this much, you know why he wasn't able to join for the HOTE tour? I mean, if Irving, Glenn, and Don accepted the word of his wife and not talk to Randy himself, it stands to reason there'd be a very good reason for that, right? They would not have talked to her directly or taken her word for it unless he was not able to speak for himself. Do you really think they would have taken her word for it without checking out some facts for themselves?

Funk 50
03-01-2015, 01:54 PM
I have no insider information what-so-ever. I've no idea what the private conversations were, or who did the negotiations. I just thought it strange that Randy's public comments seem to come from his wife rather than himself.

I'm pretty sure Randy's wife said he wasn't able to do the tour even before his choking incident. Without really giving a reason.

I knew Randy would have to work hard to reach Eagles performing standard but I thought it was a bit premature and un-supportive for his wife to say he can't do it as it was still some time before the tour was to begin and it was likely to go on for a couple of years. Randy would have plenty of time to work on his chops but he'd have to be willing to put the work in and he'd definitely require the support of his wife.

I've done a bit of googling. There's a web of intrigue best side stepped but this quote from Don (I was reminded that Mick Jagger's guesting on Cass County too) from July 2013 seems to cover it;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eagles-tour-will-feature-founding-guitarist-bernie-leadon-20130705

The Eagles kick off their History of the Eagles world tour Saturday in Louisville, Kentucky, and Don Henley has confirmed reports that former guitarist Bernie Leadon will be joining them. "Bernie Leadon is definitely on this tour," he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Randy Meisner, if he were healthy and willing, might have been included, too, but his current health will not permit. We are all wishing him well."

"Current health" suggests there is no permanent problem except obviously, advancing age.

The second part of "healthy and willing" suggests he was unwilling.

I take his lack of communication as unwilling but didn't want to admit it.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Well, as a fan, was I disappointed that Randy didn't join the Eagles on the HOTE tour? Absolutely! I had especially high hopes that he would make an appearance at the L.A. Forum shows in January '14, but it was not to be.

As we've said, we can speculate all we want, but the truth is we don't know all the reasons for this decision. But, as always, with the absence of all the facts, I prefer not to pass judgment on Randy. If he and/or his family felt he was unable to perform and do the band and himself justice, I have to respect that choice until and unless I have more information no matter how disappointed I am personally.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Well, as a fan, was I disappointed that Randy didn't join the Eagles on the HOTE tour? Absolutely! I had especially high hopes that he would make an appearance at the L.A. Forum shows in January '14, but it was not to be.

As we've said, we can speculate all we want, but the truth is we don't know all the reasons for this decision. But, as always, with the absence of all the facts, I prefer not to pass judgment on Randy. If he and/or his family felt he was unable to perform and do the band and himself justice, I have to respect that choice until and unless I have more information no matter how disappointed I am personally.

Well, said, Dreamer. There are a lot of facts out there that we do not have, and I think it unfair to think less of someone when we don't know the all the reasons that went into a decision.

GlennLover
03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Randy hasn't played with the World Class Rockers for a number of years. It's possible that it was due to health issues, but as mentioned, we certainly don't know all the facts.

MaryCalifornia
03-01-2015, 05:38 PM
I was going to say, when was the last time Randy performed in public, professionally, in any capacity? Apparently his daughter says he has dementia.

zeldabjr
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
let's say Randy was able to join in the HOTE tour...How do you think they would have incorporated him into the show?...

03-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Soda spoke directly to Randy's wife, Lana, a couple of years ago, and she absolutely denied that Randy has dementia or Alzheimer's. Here is a thread that discusses the situation ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3756

Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad blood in Randy's family that is all over the internet, which makes it very hard to sort fact from fiction. In any event, all the personal drama doesn't really have any place on a fan site such as this.

So now, to zelda's question, my feeling is that if Randy had joined the HOTE tour it would have been structured the same way. They may have brought Bernie and Randy out together and had Bernie sing TLHTM, have them stay on stage for the first half like now, and then have Randy close out the first half with TITTL. Then, of course, they would both come back for the encore just like Bernie does now.

UndertheWire
03-02-2015, 07:48 AM
I was thinking along the same lines for incorporating Randy in the show. He could add his harmonies. I'm not sure about a second bass, so perhaps he could have played rhythm guitar on some songs. It would have been quite a sight to have the show opening with the original four singing the only song they all wrote together.

Somehow, I doubt Randy was making a point by turning down the invitation. He got scared performing to huge crowds in the 1970s and after some years of retirement, it would have been even more daunting.

zeldabjr
03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
I was thinking along the same lines for incorporating Randy in the show. He could add his harmonies. I'm not sure about a second bass, so perhaps he could have played rhythm guitar on some songs. It would have been quite a sight to have the show opening with the original four singing the only song they all wrote together.

Somehow, I doubt Randy was making a point by turning down the invitation. He got scared performing to huge crowds in the 1970s and after some years of retirement, it would have been even more daunting.

I was wondering too about having both guys out there playing bass...would that work?...and I was thinking the same thing about Randy...hearing about how nervous he got singing back in his prime...and now that he isn't well...don't think it is realistic to think he would have been able to be on this long grueling tour...

NightMistBlue
03-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I was going to say, when was the last time Randy performed in public, professionally, in any capacity? Apparently his daughter says he has dementia.

April 2008 looks to be the last time he performed. He started to cut back on his performing schedule [and this was public, so I'm not crossing any privacy boundaries] in 2004 after suffering severe chest pains and being hospitalized.

It's terrible to think that such a sweet man has been through so much.

thelastresort
03-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I was wondering too about having both guys out there playing bass...would that work?...and I was thinking the same thing about Randy...hearing about how nervous he got singing back in his prime...and now that he isn't well...don't think it is realistic to think he would have been able to be on this long grueling tour...

Indeed, I can't imagine him doing the walk-on to rapturous applause that Bernie, TBS and Joe do: this is a man who I believe refused to have a spotlight on him onstage back in the 1970s!

I can't recall ever seeing a band with two bassists, so I suppose at worst he could just do some Henley-like rhythm guitar. I also take your point about touring, and extend that to his vocal ability these days: on songs like BOML the harmony needs to be absolutely spot-on, which I can imagine would be hard if you'd both been off the big stage for a long time and haven't had the best of health to aid your voice.

Brooke
03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
I, too, wish Randy would have been able to be included on the HOTE tour, but it doesn't sound to me like he was able. And even though it would have been awesome to have him sing TITTL, I bet he wouldn't have. That was one of the reasons he quit and I can't imagine him even trying to do it now.

He could have added some harmonies and strummed along though in the first part.

NightMistBlue
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Randy did Take It To the Limit in his solo shows, some tv appearances with Richard Marx and the reunited Poco. He also seemed to be OK about performing the song on the '76 tour. Maybe whatever problems that developed on the '77 tour were unique to that time or situation, dunno.

I know HOTE presents a different version of events, but Randy has said at various times that he left the Eagles because he wanted to sing more, not less. If you look at the few videos from his solo career, he certainly projects a more confident and playful persona.

It's a mystery that I'm afraid we may never get an answer to. It seems the last time Randy communicated publicly was his comments for HOTE, filmed sometime in 2012.

Funk 50
03-02-2015, 05:12 PM
let's say Randy was able to join in the HOTE tour...How do you think they would have incorporated him into the show?...

Would they still start with Saturday Night?
Don, Glenn, Bernie and Randy co-wrote it together and Randy sings a couple of lines in the original version.

I don't know how else they could begin.
Maybe Joe could do an acoustic, solo James Gang number from the 60s then introduce Bernie for a duet, Tim and Randy for a Poco tune. Glenn and Don come out last and launch into Take It Easy etc.

I think Tim's the better bass player but Randy's would be the authentic choice. Either way they're both capable of playing a regular guitar.

The single HOTE show with the extra encore seemed to be set for a Meisner appearance.
Seven Bridges Road, How Long, Hotel California, Take It Easy, Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado are all tracks Randy originally played with The Eagles.
All four original Eagles shared the lead vocals on the original (Eagles) version of How Long.

If Randy was capable of fronting a song, you'd have to add Take It To The Limit, in some form, to that encore. He may not like singing it but it's his trademark song. He's probably had to sing it at every show he's done since leaving the Eagles.

If he's capable of matching Bernie's stage time I'd want to hear Try And Love Again too. It'd fit nicely into the second set, early on.

Certainly not Midnight Flyer. Certain Kind Of Fool, maybe.
I don't think Take The Devil, Trying, Is It True? and Too Many Hands are strong enough, unless they're killers live.

With the World Classic Rockers, Randy would open the set with some Eagles numbers and then leave the stage. I don't know what sized venues they played but I doubt it'd be anywhere near the scale and luxury he'd be guaranteed on an Eagles tour.

Maybe they should tell Felder he can join the Eagles on stage for some Hotel California 40th anniversary shows, next year, if he can get Randy to come along too.

wbm1970
03-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I would LOVE to hear Certain Kind of Fool and Try and Love Again live and to see RM up on stage. But sad to say, as much as I absolutely adore RM, I don't think he could take the stage and sing. If you listen to his speaking voice in HOTE, you can hear how diminished it is. Weather from age, health, smoking or a combination of all three, I think it would be hard for him.
And honestly, I don't think I'd buy a ticket unless they invited Felder back. That's for another thread, though!
LOVE RM and wish him health and happiness.

Buttercup
03-03-2015, 12:56 PM
To assume that Randy was unwilling to tour is being disrespectful to him. It has been all over the internet, especially YOUTUBE, that Randy has a medical condition that prevents him from performing. As many already know, Randy was a very private person and a lot of what has been said about him I am sure he would not want out in public. His family is trying to make a case like “Casey Kasem”, but there are other people who feel that this is not true. His family insists that he has dementia and is childlike. Unfortunately we don’t know the real truth. If Randy were able to be up on that stage with the other Eagles he would be and really enjoying himself. Randy seemed to really loosen up when he went solo and with the other groups he performed with after he left the Eagles. No matter what, Randy is a true musical talent and his songs stir my heart every time I hear them. But assuming that he is doing it on purpose to disappoint his fans and the Eagles is absurd.

Funk 50
03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I refer back to Henley's statement Buttercup:

"Bernie Leadon is definitely on this tour, Randy Meisner, if he were healthy and willing, might have been included, too, but his current health will not permit. We are all wishing him well."

I think Henley's questioning Randy's willingness there.
There is so much crap on the internet about Randy's health that I don't believe any of it.
People close to Randy have stated what's not wrong with him but don't go on to say what is preventing him from performing.

After finding post Eagles success a struggle, I totally understand why Randy (semi)retired from the business some years ago. Hard graft with scant reward is demoralising. If Randy said he wasn't getting involved in the HOTE tour because he's retired I'd be fine with that but he hasn't said I thing.

I'm sure Randy hasn't intentionally set out to disappoint his fans and the Eagles but he doesn't appear to be doing much to avoid it.

Randy has received almost universal good will from Eagles fans over the years, despite walking out on the band, while Glenn and Don have taken tonnes of flack. This was a chance for Randy to repay those fans. Even if it was just adding a voice to an encore. If his health does not permit it, why doesn't he tell us?

Freypower
03-03-2015, 04:29 PM
He is entitled to his privacy. He is not obligated to 'tell us' anything.

You seem to have deliberately over-emphasised the word 'willing' rather than the word 'healthy' to boost your case.

Buttercup
03-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Totally agree Freypower. It is nobody's business but his why he is not on tour.

randysgirl
03-03-2015, 11:30 PM
True, Randy is not obligated to disclose the details of his health. I think his choking incident was rather severe and that he may have had lingering problems. I think if he had been healthy, Randy would have wanted to join the Eagles onstage. Sadly and ironically, he wanted to join them in the 1994 HFO tour but they were not inviting former members. Now, he has been invited but cannot do the tour.

NightMistBlue
03-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Funk, you know I like you very much but I must gently disagree with your assumption that Randy can communicate for himself. Sadly, we cannot assume that, as he hasn't spoken publicly for at least 2 1/2 years. Maybe he's not able to. I fervently hope he's alright but we just don't know.

Funk 50
03-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Everybody seems to making assumptions, I'm just assuming the opposite of everybody else. What's wrong with assuming Randy's fit and healthy until we're told otherwise?

Henley said Randy's health (and willingness :thumbsup:) was an issue nearly 2 years ago. I don't know what the health issues were. Is there any reason why he couldn't get better?

We all heard about the choking incident. I'd call that a private medical issue but somebody in the Meisner camp decided it was worth sharing. I don't think we've had any updates barring convalescing at home.

I'm saddened that Randy didn't play any part in the tour. I'm disappointed that Randy, nor any of his representatives has given a reason why.

03-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Everybody seems to making assumptions, I'm just assuming the opposite of everybody else. What's wrong with assuming Randy's fit and healthy until we're told otherwise?

Sorry F50 - But those of us that are saying Randy has health issues are not assuming. Glenn states at virtually every show on this tour that Randy has health issues. So unless you believe he is lying, then it is not an assumption.

I'm saddened that Randy didn't play any part in the tour. I'm disappointed that Randy, nor any of his representatives has given a reason why.

You have made it clear that you are disappointed that no reasons have been given for Randy being absent from the tour, and you are entitled to your feelings. It's kinda beating a dead horse at this point, but the reasons given are his health. As others have stated, Randy is entitled to his privacy and if he is unwilling or unable to disclose more details, I am willing to respect that.

sodascouts
03-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Well said, Dreamer.

I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

GlennLover
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Well said, Dreamer.

I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

So am I. I thought Dreamer said it well too.

Brooke
03-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Yip, pretty much beating a dead horse about it. The tour is nearly over and he hasn't appeared. If he wanted us to know the details he would have told it. Time to move on.

Funk 50
03-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Sorry F50 - But those of us that are saying Randy has health issues are not assuming. Glenn states at virtually every show on this tour that Randy has health issues. So unless you believe he is lying, then it is not an assumption.

Oh Sorry, I didn't realise you were attending virtually every show on this tour.
I'm just acting on press releases.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Oh Sorry, I didn't realise you were attending virtually every show on this tour.
I'm just acting on press releases.

I think that between us all, we have a pretty high attendance rate at a lot of concerts on this tour. Plus, as you probably know, once our guys get into a dialogue, they stick with it. Poor Soda is a little tired of the "Plaintiff" joke but we can always count on it making an appearance. The only variant I've really noticed is that sometimes Glenn mentions Bob Seger after the Nugent joke and sometimes he doesn't.

NightMistBlue
03-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't think I've heard the Nugent joke. Is it worth re-telling?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-06-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't think I've heard the Nugent joke. Is it worth re-telling?

I don't think it is, but I'll re-tell it anyway. Timothy introduces Glenn as being from Detroit. Glenn comes to the mic and says 'thank you', then, "Detroit, where mother is half a word." After the applause from that, he says, "Detroit, the city that gave us Ted Nugent and won't take him back." Sometimes he adds, "That's funny." Then sometimes after that he adds, "Detroit also gave us Bob Seger, so it all evens out." (There is always applause after that).

I am not a Ted Nugent fan and never have been. Not of his music, his politics, or the incredibly stupid things that come out of his mouth. So I don't like that Glenn says this 'joke'. First, it's not really a joke, he's serious (in my opinion). Second, it gives Nugent more discussion than he deserves (even negative discussion is discussion), and it only encourages the man to continue being an idiot. I hope I've not offended any Nugent fans out there, but just about anything he's ever said offends me, and he seems to like that.

NightMistBlue
03-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Thank you! That is funny. At least you know you & Glenn have something in common - you both dislike Nugent (and have a lot of company in that opinion).

GlennLover
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
He sometimes adds "I hope he doesn't get mad & shoot me with his bow & arrow".

VAisForEagleLovers
03-06-2015, 02:19 PM
He sometimes adds "I hope he doesn't get mad & shoot me with his bow & arrow".

Yes, I forgot that part!

My first known exposure to Nugent was Cat Scratch Fever. Had no idea who sang it and thought it one of the worst songs ever. My cousin loved the song and played it all the time, which made it all that much worse for me.

EagleLady
03-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I love Cat Scratch Fever.

Brooke
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I really don't care what Ted does, but I do like his song Stranglehold.

Back in the day, hubby and I had the Cat Scratch Fever album and it was sitting in the very front of our album collection in plain sight. Our daughter, around 3 or 4 at the time, pointed at it and started crying. We had to move it behind some other albums so she couldn't see it. Scared her every time she saw it. Poor baby!

Now, what about Randy?! lol

NightMistBlue
03-06-2015, 03:15 PM
We can probably assume that Randy is not a Ted fan either because Randy loves animals a lot, especially deer. :)

Freypower
03-06-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't think it is, but I'll re-tell it anyway. Timothy introduces Glenn as being from Detroit. Glenn comes to the mic and says 'thank you', then, "Detroit, where mother is half a word." After the applause from that, he says, "Detroit, the city that gave us Ted Nugent and won't take him back." Sometimes he adds, "That's funny." Then sometimes after that he adds, "Detroit also gave us Bob Seger, so it all evens out." (There is always applause after that).

I am not a Ted Nugent fan and never have been. Not of his music, his politics, or the incredibly stupid things that come out of his mouth. So I don't like that Glenn says this 'joke'. First, it's not really a joke, he's serious (in my opinion). Second, it gives Nugent more discussion than he deserves (even negative discussion is discussion), and it only encourages the man to continue being an idiot. I hope I've not offended any Nugent fans out there, but just about anything he's ever said offends me, and he seems to like that.

Glenn only told the Nugent joke once in Sydney. When it was obvious that nobody knew what he was talking about he dropped it. Unfortunately last night he did Plaintiff instead.

DJ
03-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Truthfully I loved Ted Nugent's music. Some of the Strange things he did when he was younger make me question his sanity. But now I happen to like him because I do like what he stands for. Don't hate on me now. LOL

fitz
03-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Guys is it true Randy is estranged from his family? Looks like his daughter Heather goes by Heather Leigh only leaving out Mesiner is this true?

NightMistBlue
03-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Don't know. Heather has since taken down the controversial YouTube posting.

On one message, R.'s wife said his children "are not in his life" but who knows. We say things in anger that may or may not be accurate.

fitz
03-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah I heard that as well .Then when I seen she was going by Heather Leigh only , I thought it was quite strange. Just sad how some things go.
I was also saddened Randy was not able to join the Eagle`s with Bernie, But I am sure he has his reasons. His health definitely should come first and if its not his health thats still his choice.

sodascouts
03-17-2015, 09:32 PM
I think it is best that we don't speculate about Randy's troubled family situation.

Funk 50
03-18-2015, 06:23 AM
I dunno sodascouts.

It's unpleasant but I'm concerned. Should we stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything's fine?

Should we dismiss it as non of our business? Pop stars tend to care about their fans, that's how they become rich and famous.

I'm not interested in the family feuding but there's somebody in Randy's camp that doesn't want his fans to know how he is.

I think the more we speculate, the more likely we are to get a response. I'm sure they'll be delighted if we adopt a blissfully ignorant attitude.

The new USA leg of the HOTE tour gives the Eagles another chance to invite Randy to make an appearance on stage with them.

I feel that, if Don. Glenn, Joe, Tim and Bernie all went round to Randy's house together, they'd be turned away at the door.

GoranV
03-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Too long I not post here and forgive my writin. I am overcome with all the matter with Randy's family that I have read here. And I am totally dumbfounded about your attitude Funk. Posting susch serious supositions and speculations in public is a lack of respect for Randy. If you have no proofs you should shut your mouth. Stop saying that things, your "fan" status not gives you the right to know everything about his private life.

Twiggy
03-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Funk 50 you were asked not to speculate about Randy's private family situation. Who are you representing? Who sent you here?

Buttercup
03-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Funk50, not only is Randy's health and family situation none of your business, but it sounds like you are on a fact finding mission for someone else. Take your accusations elsewhere.

NightMistBlue
03-18-2015, 02:04 PM
I think we're all fans who really care about Randy. Let's not turn on each other.

We wonder how he is, but unfortunately those answers are hard to come by.

I was recently told by someone knowledgeable that Randy is not able to sign autographs anymore. I assume - you may choose to assume something else - that he probably cannot sing or play music either.

I hope I'm wrong; I'd be delighted if he simply chooses to stay home and enjoy his tomato garden.

Let's all just send love and light to Randy. He's such a sweet soul.

Olivia
03-18-2015, 02:20 PM
I think we're all fans who really care about Randy. Let's not turn on each other.

We wonder how he is, but unfortunately those answers are hard to come by.

I was recently told by someone knowledgeable that Randy is not able to sign autographs anymore. I assume - you may choose to assume something else - that he probably cannot sing or play music either.

I hope I'm wrong; I'd be delighted if he simply chooses to stay home and enjoy his tomato garden.

Let's all just send love and light to Randy. He's such a sweet soul.

Lovely thoughts NightMist!!

Funk 50
03-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Funk 50 you were asked not to speculate about Randy's private family situation. Who are you representing? Who sent you here?

I don't represent anybody but myself. I'm not speculating about Randy's private life, I'm trying to ignore all the speculation. I'm not interested in his private affairs. I just want to know why he's turned his back on his fans.

Sodascouts asked us not to speculate but I don't think Randy has made a public request for privacy.

The last public statement was about a choking incident, many months ago. If Randy is seeking privacy, Why wasn't that incident kept private?

I think you're right Buttercup. I am on a fact finding mission. Have you got any?

UndertheWire
03-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Rusty Young posted about the choking incident on Poco's fan site (http://www.poconut.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5405), otherwise few would have known about it. Even though fans may have little idea what is happening, we can hope that he has friends and family who do.

03-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your post to provide all the information that has been shared, UTW.

Asking questions over and over on this board will not get answers from Randy or those around him. We do not have a direct line of communication with Randy or his family. Both Soda (the owner and administrator of this board) and I made posts in this thread asking that this matter be dropped and not discussed because of it's personal nature. Soda is away this evening, so since some folks decided to disregard these previous requests, I am going to temporarily lock this thread. We will unlock it once Soda returns.

sodascouts
03-19-2015, 10:01 PM
Do not assume that anyone connected to Randy reads this website, or that posting something here will somehow make things better for him. Randy has friends and family that can help him if he needs it. I think we should leave it to those who actually know Randy, and to Randy himself, to deal with any problems. The various camps can sort out things amongst themselves without uninformed fans weighing in.

It is true that Randy has not issued a statement that he wants privacy, but I still believe he deserves it. For me, that’s the default – I don’t assume I can invade someone’s privacy unless they specifically ask me not to! I understand that not everyone agrees with my judgment on this matter, but I must ask that it is respected here. There are other places to talk about this if you wish to persist.

I will be frank. In addition to just respecting his privacy, I have another motive: I have found out firsthand that all of the feuding parties involved threaten lawsuits at the drop of a hat. While I've done research and know that none of the threats would stick, it's still pretty unpleasant to deal with.

Even if no one had ever threatened me, though, I still wouldn’t want it discussed publicly here. We don’t know all the facts, so we can’t make judgments.

That is all I have to say on the matter. This thread will remain closed, as will any thread that continues to discuss Randy’s personal life.

Let's get back to the music.