PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from?

sodascouts
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I was just thinking today of the amazing fact that we have so many different nationalities represented here. I thought it would be fun to consolidate them here to illustrate the point!

I grew up in Texas, but live in Indiana, USA.

DonFan
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I am an Alabama girl through & through, born & bred right here in the heart of Dixie.

EasyFeeling
10-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Sweet Home Alabama *singing* ... :wink:

I was born in Bremen, Germany, I grew up in Bremen and it seems I will die here if I don't win the lottery. :wink: Not that I say I don't like it here but in certain cases I would love to live in another country. :wink:

Brooke
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm from Missouri. Born here and lived within a 10 mile radius all my life! It's paradise! :D

tbs fanatic
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I was born and raised in Oxford, England but after living in different parts of the US I am pretty much settled in Kansas, USA.

JoeFan
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Im from London.

Freypower
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
I was born in northern New South Wales, grew up in Newcastle, went to university in Canberra and have lived in Sydney since 1982.

Maleah
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
North Dakota...all my life!

Molly
10-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I lived in Wisconsin, USA, my entire life. A Cheesehead through and through! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/18_1_3031-1.gif

Mrs Frey
10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm a born and bred Capetonian. I lived in the heart of Cape Town for the first 4 and a half years of my life; then moved to one of its suburbs and have lived there since 1981.

Soda, this is a cool topic, particularly considering how important Glenn :heart: considers the places where people are from. He was at pains to remember where you were from when he dedicated a song to you at his Canadian concert in August, and when he introduced The Eagles' support band during "Farewell 1", he mentioned where they were from as well, adding that it was instrumental in shaping who they are.

glenneaglesfan
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I was born in Lifton in mid Devon, but spent most of my childhood in a beautiful town called Dartmouth in south Devon. It's where the Pilgrim Fathers initially sailed from, before they had to turn back for repairs in Plymouth. I went to university in London, lived in Cornwall for four years, Hong Kong for a year, Scotland for six months, then finally settled back in my home county in 1987, in a small village called Cornwood, and have lived there ever since.

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm from Dublin in Ireland and am currently living there with no plans to make a permanent move. However I also lived in Boston USA for 4 months and in Clifden on the west coast of Ireland for a year. I'd love at some stage to purchase a holiday home in Clifden. Clifden is like where Glenn :heart: was describing when he wrote 'River of Dreams'

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I was born in Dallas, Texas and lived here all my life.
My parents aren't native Texans though. My dad was born in San Fransisco, California. At the time my granpa was working as a guard at Alcatraz Prison. My dad's family then moved to McNeil Island (Washington State) because my grandpa was transferred there for his prison job to work at the prison there. They lived there for a few years and then moved to Terre Haute, Indiana to work at the federal prison there where he retired from in the 1970s. My aunts still live in Terre Haute. My mom is originally from South Amboy, New Jersey. I don't remember what college my mom originally went to but she transferred to Indiana State University (I have no clue how she chose ISU) around the time her dad died. She also switched her major to accounting. She met my dad there at Indiana State University and started dating. After my mom graduated in May 1977, she moved to Dallas to take an accounting job and become a CPA (Certified Public Accountant). My dad had to repeat a class to graduate so he didn't graduate until December of 1977. He then moved to Dallas, got an accounting job and eventually became a CPA. My parents got married in December of 1977 and are still married and had three kids. I'm the oldest.

rcknalwys
10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I just love the diversity here. So many Eagles fans from so many places. How great is it that our mutual love and admiration for a certain bunch of guys can bring us all together? It's so fun to hear about each and every one of you, great idea for a topic SodaScouts.

Here's my short bit.....I was born and raised in California, lived all up and down from LA to Lake Tahoe. Spent some time in the music scenes of various places, that's what happens when you marry a musician lol! I eventually moved to Oklahoma (go Sooners!) where I stayed for about 12 years. Both of my parents were born there but met each other in California, hence how I came to be born there. Now I'm stuck in a little town in Tennessee, longing for the pines and ocean I left behind. My kids are spread from coast to coast, but we're looking forward to a family reunion this next year.....at an Eagles concert of course!

Freypower
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
If we're going to say where our parents are from, my late father lived all his life in Newcastle. My mother was born in Nowra in southern NSW, spent some of her childhood in Lismore in northern NSW, went to university in Sydney, met my father in Taree in northern NSW where I was born, then they moved to Newcastle, now she's in Sydney close to her granddaughter. :D

Although actually at the moment she is in Warsaw. :shock: I wish.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I was born and have lived my entire life in Richmond, Virginia. My parents are also native Richmonders. I have four siblings - an older sister, an younger sister, and two younger brothers. They also all still live here as well. However, I mentioned in another thread that my maternal grandparents had 17 children so I do have quite a bit of family that live in other parts of the country. Like Brooke, every place I've ever lived is within less than a 10 mile radius. This may be the reason I enjoy traveling so much. I have done quite a bit of traveling both for work and pleasure.

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow you've really been around the world Nancy! 8)

thelongrun
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I am Mexicano, and proud of it. One thing yes, the northern the better, Hermosillo City, Sonora State (next to Arizona rings a bell?). cOoL having friends around this Earth 8)

http://www.sonora.gob.mx/recorrido/default.asp

tbs fanatic
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Im from London.

Which part of London? Most of my family are from the Hammersmith area.

Sexy Girl
10-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Great thread, it's really interesting to see where people come from - looks like we still need someone from Asia to have all continents covered :D

I was born in Zürich (CH) and grew up there before my parents and me moved to Rorschach, a small town close to St. Gallen (in the kanton of the same name).
I live there with my mom now after having spent several years in the US in SLC (Utah). I still officially share an appartment in SLC with my roomie and best friend but don't have a chance to go there very often.

Brooke
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I was born in Zürich (CH) and grew up there before my parents and me moved to Rorschach, a small town close to St. Gallen (in the kanton of the same name).

I'm sorry SG, but what country is this? I don't know where any of these places are! :blush:

EasyFeeling
10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
SG lives in the beautiful country Switzerland. :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm a fourth generation Californian. I've lived here all my life except for my teenage years, which were spent in Arizona. My mom was born in Glendale, CA and dad in Sweetwater, TX. As teenagers, he lived in Los Gatos, CA and she lived in San Jose, CA. Dad's friend and mom's friend were dating back in the day and set my folks up on a blind date. They just celebrated their 46th anniversary.

Sexy Girl
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
SG lives in the beautiful country Switzerland. :wink:
Thanks for helping out, EF :D
Yes, Switzerland, that's what country code CH means. Sorry I'm so familiar with seeing all those country codes everywhere, I should've put the country name :blush:

However you forgot something, EF: it's called the "beautiful and expensive country of Switzerland". :shock: :lol: (Which sadly is true)

JoeFan
10-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Im from London.

Which part of London? Most of my family are from the Hammersmith area.

Stratford, East London. It seems there are more than a few of us here.

Outlawman13
02-26-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm originally from Stockton, CA. I loved it there and then my family moved to La Grange, TX when I was 15. I had no intention of going over here. LOL, but made so many, wonderful friends though. I just want to either move to Europe or move back to California. Anywhere the ocean takes me I guess. LOL love the ocean.

sodascouts
02-26-2013, 02:51 AM
I grew up in Southeast Texas (Beaumont) and went to school at Texas A&M, so I've lived in both College Station and Bryan. I have family in Houston and Austin. Did you go to school in Texas?

Outlawman13
02-26-2013, 10:48 AM
I went to school here when I was a sophmore and graduated, but went to Blinn College for a semester. LOL college wasn't for me. I'm thinking of going back, but for an acting class though. I would love to be an actress. My dad is originally from Houston, so he had his family ties here. LOL.

Windeagle
03-02-2013, 12:03 AM
I can't believe I never posted to this thread. I'm a New Hampshire native, currently living about an hour north of Boston.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Good to hear from you, WE - we've been missing ya around here. I knew you were in New Hampshire, but I didn't realize you are so close to Boston. It's still hard for me to comprehend sometimes that up in New England, you can hit 3 or 4 different states in a few hours of driving.

Grey Sadler
03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I've never posted here either, weird!

I hail from the delightful, "pointy" end of Tennessee...nestled between SW Va and WNC...surrounded by NASCAR, Country/Bluegrass music, and wonderful hiking/camping/rafting venues...:partytime:

Plus we might just have us some college football coming back at ETSU in the next few years...stay tuned! :nahnah:

WalshFan88
03-02-2013, 05:17 PM
West Central Illinois (Astoria to be exact) in Fulton County! Born and raised. Moved from town to country in the mid 90s. But I've been here all my life.

prayfordaylight
03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Born and raised just outside of Philadelphia. Have lived in DC/VA for the past 10.5 years.

pueblo47
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Born in Oakland, CA, raised in San Diego, spent summers and holidays in NM, lived 2 years in LA, came to Nashville, TN in 1966 and stayed.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Born and raised in Western PA, just east of Pittsburgh. Lived in the city of Pittsburgh while attending technical school. Moved to Northern VA courtesy of IBM (aka I've Been Moved) and have lived here for 32 years. Did a small stint, again courtesy of IBM, in Boulder, CO in 1989.

Grey Sadler
03-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Pueblo47, I was just going to ask where in the Volunteer State you were! ;)
So we have Memphis, Nashville, and the Tri-Cities covered...anyone here from Knoxville/Chattanooga??

SallyGee
03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Lived at the Jersey Shore all my life. Please, forget everything you've heard about the Jersey Shore from the TV show. That is not the real Jersey Shore!

AstraeaLunaAvani
03-19-2013, 04:48 AM
North Dakota...all my life!

Whereabouts? I work in Williston, but I live in MN so when I travel to and from work I usually stop in either Fargo, Jamestown, Valley City, or Bismarck! I also pass through Minot, have just never stayed overnight there. Gosh that covers most of the cities in ND doesn't it?! :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
03-25-2013, 03:38 AM
Born in Auckland (New Zealand) and I've lived here all my life (I've travelled a bit but haven't stayed anywhere long enough to qualify as living there!). My parents are English (Dad's from Croydon, Mum's from Kent) and moved here about 48 years ago. Eventually my 3 older brothers moved one by one to Australia (Gold Coast) and Mum & Dad followed them 16 years ago - they've just taken out Aussie citizenship.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Born in the keystone state (phila) .
have lived in the city or the suburbs my whole life..

Troubadour
03-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Realised I've never commented in here... I'm from the south of England, currently living in London.

keannemorgan
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm from Los Angeles California and you can call me Keanne if you want.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-09-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm from Los Angeles California and you can call me Keanne if you want.

Welcome Keanne :)

AlreadyGone95
11-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Figured I'd put my 2 cents worth here. I've lived in the small town of Leary, Georgia (US) all of my life, in the same home. My dad was adopted. (I don't know who his birth parents are/were). His family has been here since just after the Civil War. My 5th great uncle founded the town. I have a love for the town because of my family's history here. My dad's mom now lives in Blakely, Georgia, a small city anout 30 miles away.
My mom's biological family comes from the county below ours. They've also been in southwest Georgia since the late 1800s. My mom spent her childhood in foster care. As a result, I have 2 other sets of family. One set of grandparents lives in Morgan, Georgia, the county seat of my county. Their families have been here since the 1800s as well. I'm not too sure about my other set of family. My grandmother lives in Albany Georgia.

My parents met in 1983 and married in 1985. My older brother was born in 1987. I came along in 1995. My brother now lives and works in Fort Worth, Texas.

Jonny Come Lately
11-21-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm from North West England - I live on The Wirral peninsula so my nearest big city is Liverpool, although strictly speaking I live in the traditional county of Cheshire rather than Lancashire. I have lived here my whole life, although I go to university in the Midlands.

A list of notable people from The Wirral:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_The_Wirral

Freypower
11-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Interesting list but on behalf of my Geordie husband, Eric Idle may have lived in Wallasey but he was born in South Shields. Now I know why Daniel Craig supports Liverpool (by the way according to the Genesis board, so does Peter Gabriel).

Tiffanny Twisted
11-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Born and breed in pennsylvania
I've lived in phila county ,bucks county and chester county

DJ
11-22-2015, 07:12 PM
I guess I've never commented on this thread.
Born in a very small town called Sand Coulee, Montana, east side of the continental divide. Now I live in Missoula Montana west side. Prefer the east side totally different than west. Loved growing up in such a small town, lots of friends and no police. Ha! So could wander and do pretty much what I wanted to do. Oh and there were three bars in this 300 hundred person town. So grew up playing pool and listening to a lot of music. A lot of sporting,school and small town fun events always going on. The town was an old coal mining town which was big when the coal was booming. My Mom grew up there and never left. My Dad was born in Ohio then lived most of his young life in Pennsylvania. Came west in the military met my mom in 53' they got married in 54'. My big brother was born in 55' me 5 yrs later. He now resided in FL. And that's about it.