PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Want to Hear Any More

sodascouts
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
And now there's a different clip of Tim's song I Don't Want to Hear Any More on the official site (http://www.eaglesband.com) as well!

Here is the old one to augment for better song analysis, lol:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/MP3/IDWTHAClip.mp3

JoeFan
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
So far it seems it's done well enough, in the usual Schmit style.

Freypower
10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
It seems very pleasant and has the usual superb harmonies.

Glenn's Girl
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Yes, I agree, nice and melodic.

tbs fanatic
10-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm loving this. A good Timmy song :D

rcknalwys
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Yummmmy.....another Timothy song! Is it just me, or can anyone else hardly wait for him to do another solo album?

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Yummmmy.....another Timothy song! Is it just me, or can anyone else hardly wait for him to do another solo album?
You're not the only one waiting for him to do another solo album. :D

sodascouts
10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Me too. The solo albums are what really display Tim's talent.

EasyFeeling
11-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm loving this. A good Timmy song :D

I'm not familiar with his solo songs but from what I've heard from Timmy so far I would say it's the best song. I love it!!!

rcknalwys
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Speaking of Timothy's solo work, according to his latest diary entry, he is planning to have his next solo album out in 2008! Now I'm "pukin"!

EasyFeeling
11-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Ok, guess it's time for me to get more familiar with his solo work. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, me too. I'm really only familiar with Glenn :heart: 's solo work and to a lesser extent some of Dons. Time to broaden my horizons!

Freypower
11-02-2007, 06:17 PM
This is my least favourite track on the album. It is far too bland. I find it pleasant to listen to but that's all.

timfan
11-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I love this song! A good melody and lots of interesting lyrics. But what I really find amusing is, if you listen carefully at the start YOU CAN HEAR GLENN COUNT IN!!! It's cute! :D

Freypower
11-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I still have not heard that.

Maleah
11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I love the song as well! I love the melody and it just fits Tim. I love when he goes into falsetto!

sodascouts
11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
The count-in comes after the first couple of drum beats. I actually like this song better than Do Something and Love Will Keep Us Alive. The chorus is catchy and I like edgier Tim. While at first it didn't make a huge impression, I like it better every time I hear it.

EasyFeeling
11-03-2007, 05:58 AM
I really love the melody, just beautiful. And as Maleah said when he goes into falsetto I'm like ooooooooooooooh. :D

Freypower
11-03-2007, 06:35 PM
His voice is high enough already without doing falsetto. The song is not a patch on Do Something, which actually has a message.

Maleah
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, his voice is quite high already......but he sounds fabulous going falsetto. Yes, Do Something has a message and quite a good one at that. But it's very nice to hear Tim doing something like this for a change, imo.

sodascouts
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I find it very melodic as well, and good melodies appeal to me, "message" or "no message." Here's what I judge it by - which song would I rather listen to? I would rather listen to "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" than "Do Something." Now, perhaps that will change, but I hardly think we can summarily dismiss the song simply because it doesn't try to make us into activists.

Freypower
11-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Activism has nothing to do with it. In my opinion Do Something is a much better song, musically as well as lyrically. But regarding the lyrics in IDWTHAM, they do nothing for me. It's possible to do a song like this and make it interesting (WDIDWMH being the obvious example). I'm in the minority here, however, which is fair enough.

Perfect Little Sister
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
My disappointment with this one stems from it being yet another ballad for Tim. Let the boy rock for once! :wink:

Brooke
11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I agree PLS. It seems just more of the same from Tim. Sounded a bit Pocoish to me. I like it, but not a favorite.

The Bomber
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
It's OK. I've been there before too so I can relate to the lyrics, hahaha. Never really liked Schmit's voice that much though. I think he appeals more to girls.

sodascouts
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Reviving this old thread as well. It's true that the lyrics aren't "deep" per se but I think they're very relatable. Being "Let down easy" is still being let down.

TimothyBFan
11-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Are you all sitting down? I really do not like this song!! In fact, if it wasn't for Timothy singing it, I wouldn't listen to it. I'm still trying to figure out why it was put on the album and made it to the live shows at the beginning. According to Timothy himself, he brought several songs to the table for this album and they never made the cut. Wasn't there one of those songs, that Timothy, an Eagle, wrote that we could of put on the album instead of another Carrack song? And after Expando, I'm thinking this even more so. I tried to like it, and I think I might have even convinced myself I did, for awhile, but......

I just want to slap the guy and say, "Let her go already! Walk away! She doesn't want to be here and you need to MOVE ON!". :hilarious: But then I have to feel sorry for him also because "he's read this book before". Poor guy keeps getting dumped! :shrug:

Freypower
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Interesting. While I share your sentiments, I thought it worked better live than I was expecting, and hence my opinion of it went up. It is still in my 3 least favourites (the others being GOTC & Fast Company) but when it annoys me, I think 'it's still so much better than LWKUA' which isn't much of a recommendation.

Troubadour
11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I agree with FP in that my appreciation of the song increased dramatically when I heard it live. It wouldn't go down as one of my all-time favourite Eagles tracks, but I think it's a lovely song and I enjoy listening to it. I particularly love the way it builds just before the chorus when Tim sings "I know how this all ends".

sodascouts
03-15-2018, 11:26 PM
Reviving this ancient thread as a public service from your friendly neighborhood English professor.

In the context of the usage in this song...
ANY MORE is two words.

I Don't Want to Hear Any More

NOT Anymore

If you've messed up and used "anymore" in the past, don't feel bad. I think I have seen almost no one get this right in a review or setlist. Almost everyone uses "anymore." I think it was even wrong on a download label and on a setlist I grabbed off the stage. It reminds me of Fleetwood Mac's "Skies the Limit" which is actually wrong on the official album tracklist! (It should be "Sky's the Limit".)

And if you don't care about such things, feel free to disregard this post and just enjoy the other, more substantive comments on the song contained in this thread.

My My
03-16-2018, 12:31 AM
From the thread title, I thought this was going to be a post from you about all of the confrontational posts going back and forth! Yes, I realize t's a song title, but when you see it in black and white it looks like an admonishment from a fed up parent! Turns out, it's from a fed up professor instead! Professor Soda, get out your red pen and circle away! LOL

sodascouts
03-17-2018, 10:29 PM
l know, it's just a pet peeve of mine! I'm fighting a losing battle, though. People just automatically make "anymore" one word without thinking about it - that's why the problem exists.

travlnman2
03-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Wow never realised that.

Must be why I have a D+ right now :rofl:

Delilah
03-18-2018, 10:27 AM
l know, it's just a pet peeve of mine! I'm fighting a losing battle, though. People just automatically make "anymore" one word without thinking about it - hence the problem.

Speaking of pet peeves...shouldn’t that be “a loosing battle”?

:razz::mrgreen::laugh:

UndertheWire
03-18-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but "losing battle" is correct usage.

Delilah
03-18-2018, 01:45 PM
I was kidding, hence the emojis. My pet peeve is seeing “loose” when it should be “lose.”

UndertheWire
03-18-2018, 02:24 PM
I get it now.

My pet peeve is people who use french words that they either don't know how to spell or pronounce eg voilŕ and sans.

peneumbra
03-18-2018, 07:48 PM
"Welcome to our humble chapeau"

- Lanie Kazan, My Favorite Year:spin:

Freypower
03-18-2018, 08:05 PM
For what it's worth one of my favourite Phil Collins songs is called I Don't Care Anymore. It is on the same album as Thru These Walls. :nope:

At least the Eagles song title is correctly spelt.

sodascouts
03-18-2018, 09:14 PM
Well, now that our little grammar lesson is over, we have an opportunity to talk about the song with the thread revived.

I like it. It is nice. However, I wouldn't have minded something he'd written replacing it, like "Parachute."

YoungEaglesFan
03-18-2018, 10:25 PM
I’m starting to listen to it a bit more, as I didn’t find a reason to listen again after dipping into LROOE, but I agree with I would prefer if they used a song he had written