PDA

View Full Version : More shows coming?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Saw several tweets that said this:

KUZZ Radio @kuzzradio ˇ 33m 33 minutes ago
Another BIG Concert Announcement! THE EAGLES are coming to the @RabobankArena on Tuesday, May 26! Tickets on sale March 20 at 10 AM!

This venue is in Bakersfield, CA.

Wonder if it's true?

L101
03-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Seems like they are starting a mini tour again !! This is on ticketmaster.com:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Tix on sale Monday. Wonder how much VIP tickets are...

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm at hairdressers with goo in my hair and so happy I'm nearly bouncing up and down!

Houston Baby
03-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Las Vegas!!! I am seriously thinking @ this. It is Memorial Weekend.

L101
03-12-2015, 03:36 PM
So happy for you that they are playing again - I looked at Vegas but would need a lottery win to get there :-(

Tell the guys to come back to Dublin again!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 03:43 PM
I need to calm down. My hairdresser just asked if I needed to go to the bathroom!

Houston Baby
03-12-2015, 03:49 PM
:partytime:

TimFan222
03-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank you Lacken. Something to live for!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Wow! That's a lot of shows I just put in the Pre-Concert Anticipation thread!!! My fingers are tired!

Lexington and Dayton are very close to me, it's a shame I don't plan on still living here then.

zeldabjr
03-12-2015, 06:03 PM
I can't believe they're finally coming to Buffalo...I'm in tears...happy tears...:partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
I will go through them all, but it looks like they ALL go on presale on Monday? Good grief!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Whatever Happened To Saturday Night? Seriously, only two of the shows in the second leg are on a Saturday night, and none in the first leg!

Houston Baby
03-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Whatever Happened To Saturday Night? Seriously, only two of the shows in the second leg are on a Saturday night, and none in the first leg!

My thought exactly VA! Saturday nights work so much better for me but I will take what I can get. Now to decide if I can make any of these shows.

ktdids
03-12-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm hoping for another stop in NYC, or is that asking too much after all the MSG dates they've done already?!:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 08:54 PM
I think it's possible once they wrap up the HOTE tour, but who knows? MSG just announced U2's seventh show there, so they obviously like repeats.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-12-2015, 10:35 PM
WOW!!!

I can't tell you how ecstatic I am about these new tour dates. Now, I have to figure out what shows I'm going to. The Charlottesville show is a no-brainer for me, and I'm thinking I'll do at least three others.

I was really thinking that I may had seen my last HOTE show, but I was so wrong - I am soooooo psyched!!!

flojo
03-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Hooray :partytime: I'm looking at changing my work rota to try and get Texas and Miami at least. If I can't change it I'll be struggling to make anything... Hopefully I'll get word back by the time I land in London. I'll write a bit about the brisbane show once I'm back home :)

UndertheWire
03-13-2015, 06:20 AM
EVen though I'm not going to see any of these shows, I'm pleased. It means they must be continuing in good health and to at least tolerate each other. Bernie is still involved. There are further opportunities for recording the show. The downside has to be the solo activities. Will Don's album ever get a release?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 07:35 AM
It was very weird, I went out to MGM's website earlier in the day yesterday to see if it was possible the Eagles would be there over Memorial Day Weekend. I saw an event listed already for the 23rd. It never occurred to me that perhaps they'd do a Sunday only show!

As I said, this would all be a lot easier if I knew where I'd be living and how much time I might have to take off for the shows! I intended to have that figured out already, but the pneumonia and resulting issues took my mind off it for over a month. Taking a quick look at airfares, I was surprised to see that Spokane is quite a distance, yet a lot cheaper than most of the other places on the first half of the list.

Since there are no Saturday night shows in the first half of the list, I guess it will come down to what's affordable and a place I want to visit.

I have to say, these are the kinds of problems that only very spoiled people have!!

Brooke
03-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Yes they are, VA, you lucky dog! Wish I had that problem!

Anyways, nothing in my area so far. :sad:

Have to say I'm really surprised. I figured they'd take a long break before even thinking about doing any more tours. Shows how much I know! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 09:55 AM
This is a good summation of when tickets go on sale at each venue. It doesn't discuss VIP tickets, though, and whether or not each venue will have them.

http://www.eaglesband.com/news

MaryCalifornia
03-13-2015, 11:58 AM
I can't believe they're finally coming to Buffalo...I'm in tears...happy tears...:partytime:

This is awesome, Z, I am so happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear all about your show!

Houston Baby
03-13-2015, 12:34 PM

:yay: Z!

DJ
03-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Yes, they are coming to Montana! One draw back is public tickets don't go on sale until 3-16 but American Express card holders can buy them today the 13th I don't think that's fair. All the good seats will be gone. UGH Those dates were in our paper for Metro Park but on the venue site they are different. I'm confused now.

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm so delighted to hear that they are continuing the tour with another tranche of dates in the US. I'm not sure though what if any I will make. They are all in areas where I would need to take 2 flights and flights to the US are expensive in the Summer. Also June and July are pretty much booked up for me as I'm already going to Florida in early June and will be marking exams in July. Coupled with the appalling Euro/dollar rate it could make it very expensive.

SO I think I will keep an eye on things but hold out for the possibility of NYC again or perhaps Boston or Chicago. A fall leg would suit me better really, and going on 2013, that might not be impossible either......

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 07:37 PM
It would appear as though the denim jacket included in VIP front row gift bag is now a zip-up hoodie.

Tori
03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
I always wondered this - are there set prices for the different VIP packages, or do I have to find out on ticket sale day? I almost want to go for the lower-grade one but have no idea what the pricings are like.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2015, 07:58 AM
I always wondered this - are there set prices for the different VIP packages, or do I have to find out on ticket sale day? I almost want to go for the lower-grade one but have no idea what the pricings are like.

Tori, there are three tiers of prices, and they tend to the same at every show. Here's what's been published for Spokane, including what goes with each package. I would expect the others (that will have VIP seating) to be the same. It's a copy & paste and so not very pretty.

Eagles Front Row VIP Package - $950.00
Onsale: 3/16/2015 at 10:00 am PST

Eagles Front Row VIP Ticket Package
American Express Card Member Presale 3/16 10am - 3/19 11pm
1 FRONT ROW reserved floor ticket (distributed day of show)
1 entry to Official History of Eagles Preshow VIP Party which includes:
- Priority VIP check-in
- Preshow refreshments (includes beer and wine)
- Preshow dinner buffet
- History of Eagles photos on display
- Raffle for exclusive Eagles tour items
- Crowd free merchandise shopping
- Preshow party music playing your favorite Eagles selections
Exclusive Eagles VIP Merchandise which includes:
- 1 exclusive History of Eagles zip up hoodie
- 1 exclusive Eagles gift bag
- 1 commermorative Eagles VIP laminate, lanyard, and ticket
On-Site VIP Staff

Eagles VIP Package - $650.00

Eagles VIP Ticket Package
One reserved floor ticket within rows 2 - 10 (distributed day of show)
1 entry to Official History of Eagles Preshow VIP Party which includes:
- Priority VIP check-in
- Preshow refreshments (includes beer and wine)
- Preshow dinner buffet
- History of Eagles photos on display
- Raffle for exclusive Eagles tour items
- Crowd free merchandise shopping
- Preshow party music playing your favorite Eagles selections
Exclusive Eagles VIP Merchandise which includes:
- 1 exclusive Eagles gift bag
- 1 commermorative Eagles VIP laminate, lanyard, and ticket
On-Site VIP Staff

Eagles Fan Floor Ticket Package - $450.00

Eagles Fan FloorTicket Package
One reserved floor ticket within rows 11-20 (distributed day of show)
1 commermorative Eagles VIP ticket
On-Site VIP Check-in

Tori
03-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Floor package is tempting... hmmmm. Can you get multiple VIP tickets in the same purchase? All the descriptions say "one reserved floor ticket" but I'd love to get one for my sister too, and possibly my mom. Trying to work logistics out because I have an exam at the exact time VIP tickets go on sale and I'm having my sister scope things out! :neutral:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Tori - you should definitely be able to get multiple VIP seats. I think it's worded that way just to make sure it is clear that each package includes only one seat. Good luck!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes, Tori, you should be able to get up to six packages at once.

Tori
03-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Alrighty! Sounds great. I might just have to spring for these!

Houston Baby
03-14-2015, 06:09 PM
VA ~ I just want to say what an AWESOME job you have done for all of us EAGLES fans in keeping us updated on the latest ticket info. :applause:

THANK YOU SO MUCH VA!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Aw, thanks, HB!! :hug:

sodascouts
03-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes - it is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2015, 05:21 AM
Yes, thanks for all your hard work VA!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 05:39 PM
OK, so I need to vent. I didn't post Ultimate Classic Rock's announcement of the new tour dates because it was a rehash of what I'd already posted, plus the comment, '2015 may finally bring the release of Eagles co-founder Don Henley's next solo album'. Or something like that.

On Twitter, people have been retweeting their tweet with article referenced all over the place. Now today, someone just tweeted:

Eagles announce new 2015 US tour dates + Don Henley's next solo album details revealed!

Really? There is nowhere in the article where they reveal anything! It amazes me that people can read something like this and take it as gospel. Well, Don, you're now on the hook to release that thing in 2015!

Here's the link for reference...
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/

sodascouts
03-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Sadly, UCR is not the place to look for original material or announcements that haven't already been posted elsewhere! That's their thing: collation of information they find in other places.

It is dismaying (to put it mildly) how many people retweet stuff without really reading it. All it takes is one person getting it wrong for an avalanche of retweets and reposts to make misinformation proliferate over the truth.

However, Don has no one to blame but himself for being "on the hook" for Cass County. He's promised it to us many a time and failed to deliver, even if this particular date was not one he mentioned.

Brooke
03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
OK, so I need to vent. I didn't post Ultimate Classic Rock's announcement of the new tour dates because it was a rehash of what I'd already posted, plus the comment, '2015 may finally bring the release of Eagles co-founder Don Henley's next solo album'. Or something like that.

On Twitter, people have been retweeting their tweet with article referenced all over the place. Now today, someone just tweeted:

Really? There is nowhere in the article where they reveal anything! It amazes me that people can read something like this and take it as gospel. Well, Don, you're now on the hook to release that thing in 2015!

Here's the link for reference...
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/

VA, maybe you should tweet back that there was nothing mentioned that it would be released. That would help with the misinformation maybe.......

VAisForEagleLovers
03-17-2015, 05:27 PM
I used to do that, tweet back, but these days you never know what looney-tune you're dealing with and what could happen.

Funk 50
03-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Thanks for posting the link VAisForEagleLovers :thumbsup:

( http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/ )

Any mention of Cass County is good news although "may be released in 2015" isn't really an update.

I'm still surprised by all the vitriol about the Eagles in the comments.
The much vaunted, Flying Burrito Brothers, to name but one, changed their line up more times in 4 years than the Eagles have done in over 40 years.

When it comes to original members, few bands can match the Eagles for authenticity.
Even the Beatles lost Stuart Sutcliffe and dumped Pete Best before the classic line up stuck it out for, not much more than, another half-dozen years.

Freypower
03-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks for posting the link VAisForEagleLovers :thumbsup:

( http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2015-us-tour/ )

Any mention of Cass County is good news although "may be released in 2015" isn't really an update.

I'm still surprised by all the vitriol about the Eagles in the comments.
The much vaunted, Flying Burrito Brothers, to name but one, changed their line up more times in 4 years than the Eagles have done in over 40 years.

When it comes to original members, few bands can match the Eagles for authenticity.
Even the Beatles lost Stuart Sutcliffe and dumped Pete Best before the classic line up stuck it out for, not much more than, another half-dozen years.

From 1962 to 1970 is 8 years.

Vitriol about the Eagles in these sites appears to be par for the course.

Jonny Come Lately
03-17-2015, 07:25 PM
I agree about the comments on authenticity. Bernie and Randy both left the band during the 1970s, and were replaced with highly respected and very talented musicians who made major contributions to the albums they were on, and when the band finally reunited they did so with the same line up they had when they quit. There are no new guys tagging along with the members from the old days - you could argue, harshly, that Steuart Smith is but he isn't an official member and doesn't seem to be bothered that he isn't. Even if he was, it would hardly be on the same level as the absolute worst example I can think of, The Beach Boys, where Mike Love has hired people like John Stamos (who is primarily an actor) and fired the vastly more talented Brian Wilson. Of course, the Eagles are even more 'authentic' on the HOTE tour with Bernie Leadon returning.

I will mention Pink Floyd again (I think I might have mentioned that I like them quite a lot... :hilarious:) as I think they are a good example of the original line up not always being the best - in my view Pink Floyd's pinnacle was in the 1970s with the albums between and including Meddle and The Wall, which were recorded with the Waters/Gilmour/Wright/Mason line up, which while the best known version of the band was of course not the original group. In my personal list of their best albums, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, the only full album they recorded with Syd Barrett, would be in eighth place at highest.

Funk 50
03-17-2015, 07:39 PM
From 1962 to 1970 is 8 years.

Where would I be without you?

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Interesting that there are no shows posted between June 8th and July 10th. Maybe they are negotiating more but I have my own suspicions think this may be a break.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 08:15 PM
A definite break, IMO. Throughout most of this tour, up until last fall, they seemed to be 'on' for 11 to 13 shows, then a three week break before 11 to 13 more. They took a few longer breaks at various times. So...I have to wonder...what happens the end of August and into September?

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Time for Don to release Cass County perhaps and possibly a few solo dates from him to back it up. Maybe too the others will fall in line and do some solo shows as well.

Or perhaps at that stage they will take the customary 6 week break and will have released some fall dates over the summer.

BillBailey1976
03-31-2015, 09:52 PM
"Steuart Smith is but he isn't an official member and doesn't seem to be bothered that he isn't"

I got a different read on this. In the documentary, Steuart seems as if he thinks/wishes that he were a part of the group. He calls himself "part collaborator-part hired gun" and talks about liking to be involved in the whole process, not just playing the songs. I'm not sure why Steuart isn't an Eagle.
Why go back to 4? They hadn't been a group of 4 since Felder joined.
In the past, everytime someone left, they were replaced by an actual Eagle. Why not this time? This speaks of greed and/or pride. If you just hire another back up band guy, you are paying him (I would imagine) considerably less money, and he has no stake in the group, like the other 4. It just seems odd for a group that's identity was playing and singing, All guys playing, and all guys singing, (whether lead or harmony) to hire someone who isn't considered part of the group to be the Lead guitar player.
Pride comes in with saying, "this guy wasn't here when we did all this, he's not getting to call himself an Eagle" for whatever that's worth.
That's the only 2 reasons that I can see not replacing Felder with someone who is considered a part of the band.

MaryCalifornia
03-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Oh c'mon, it's a real stretch to draw a conclusion that Steuart's status has to do with greed or pride. To my mind Steuart is exactly the same as the Rolling Stones bassist Darryl Whatever, except Steuart joined the band even later than Darryl did. At that point in the band's career nobody is becoming a Stone/Eagle.

The last guy to join both bands who is a band member (Timothy/Ronnie Wood) joined in the '70s. You can't expect the same for someone who joins in the 2000s. What I remember is Steuart saying, "I'll never know what it's like to be an Eagle" or similar. He has no expectations, and he shouldn't.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-31-2015, 10:21 PM
IMO, and it really is an opinion from someone who's just guessing, they didn't replace Felder because that would have been another line-up change. Dropping someone is different than replacing them. Look how much criticism some other bands have gotten for replacing long term members with new (think Foreigner). They become little more than tribute bands. While Joe and Timothy have been with them for a very long time, when you look at the percentage of the big hits they weren't members for, it starts to look bad when you replace another member.

I'm sure there were things that didn't really factor into their decision but worked out for them all the same. One, more money for the ones left. Two, a big middle finger in the air to Felder that says, "Your part in the band is so unimportant we can live without it." Conversely, it could also be a silent acknowledgment that when it comes to his talent, there is no one who can replace him. Lastly, it was a bad breakup, and maybe they just didn't want to open themselves up to having it happen again.

UndertheWire
04-01-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm not really clear about what counts as "being in the band". When it was just 4 of them it was straightforward, although they still brought in session musicians at times (less so than many other groups). And then you had bands like Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Souther-Hillman-Furay Band which had a lot more musicans involved than those with their name in the title. Were those other musicians "in the band" or side men? Joe Vitale played on The Long Run album and toured but was never made an Eagle. In 2001, why would newcomer Steuart Smith be made an Eagle over members of the touring band like Scott Crago?

If I understand him correctly, Timothy has said he was pleased to become a member of the band in 1978 because they didn't need to do that - I think he means he could have been brought in as a side-man.

The big difference between Timothy and Steuart is that Timothy gets to sing lead on a couple of songs. Perhaps that's the definition of "being in the band" for C21st Eagles.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-01-2015, 10:31 AM
To me, being in the band means being an Eagle. Not just singing leads, but being in the spotlight more. Being in on interviews and photos. Being paid like one! Only seven people have ever been in the band as I refer to it. The photo at the top of this page (for future viewers, the standard layout) has the current members of the band.

Funk 50
04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
What about Bernie then?

and what happened to the reply I posted here earlier?

Freypower
04-01-2015, 05:47 PM
What about Bernie then?

and what happened to the reply I posted here earlier?

Bernie is a special guest, according to the tour programme.

Perhaps you didn't 'submit' your post correctly.

Jonny Come Lately
04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Oh c'mon, it's a real stretch to draw a conclusion that Steuart's status has to do with greed or pride. To my mind Steuart is exactly the same as the Rolling Stones bassist Darryl Whatever, except Steuart joined the band even later than Darryl did. At that point in the band's career nobody is becoming a Stone/Eagle.

The last guy to join both bands who is a band member (Timothy/Ronnie Wood) joined in the '70s. You can't expect the same for someone who joins in the 2000s. What I remember is Steuart saying, "I'll never know what it's like to be an Eagle" or similar. He has no expectations, and he shouldn't.

That's a good point, most big of the older big name bands seem reluctant to add new members to their official line ups even if they are major contributors to their live sound or studio albums. I can think of some specific examples for other bands - for instance, after Roger Waters' acrimonious departure from Pink Floyd in the 1980s they never found a permanent replacement as a bassist, instead initially recruiting people like Tony Levin and later Guy Pratt to play his parts in live performances and in the studio on A Momentary Lapse Of Reason and The Division Bell. Likewise R.E.M. were officially reduced to a trio after the departure their drummer Bill Berry in 1998 and in the remainder of their career remained without an 'official' drummer.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Bernie is a special guest, according to the tour programme.

Perhaps you didn't 'submit' your post correctly.

I don't know about F50, but I do that all the time! I type in a response, and since the Submit button is buried and I have to scroll to get to it, habit takes over and I click New Posts and exit the reply without submitting. Fortunately, clicking the back button brings it, as long as I realize what I did immediately.

Funk 50
04-02-2015, 05:37 PM
It took me ages to compose too :rolleyes:

I know I mentioned Genesis. Genesis replaced Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett with stage musicians Chester Thompson and Daryl Stuermur who both went on to become much loved members of the touring band. Does Stevie Nicks still have Lori and Sharon on stage with her?

Don Felder was actually the last guy to be invited into the inner sanctum of the Eagles. When Joe and then Tim came on board they were offered different terms although they were named as members of the band.

By 2001, the guys were so sick of Felder, they had to lose him to continue as a band. As he had no lead vocal responsibilities, a session guitarist would be an adequate replacement.

Steuart Smith definitely did more on Long Road Out Of Eden than I thought he would. Playing lead guitar on several tracks, as well as being involved in the writing and production process should get him in the band but he remains very firmly on the disposable list.

If Steuart becomes unhappy with his Eagles lot he could become a brilliant acquisition for Felder's Alter Eagles.

Freypower
04-02-2015, 05:56 PM
It took me ages to compose too :rolleyes:

I know I mentioned Genesis. Genesis replaced Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett with stage musicians Chester Thompson and Daryl Stuermur who both went on to become much loved members of the touring band. Does Stevie Nicks still have Lori and Sharon on stage with her?

Don Felder was actually the last guy to be invited into the inner sanctum of the Eagles. When Joe and then Tim came on board they were offered different terms although they were named as members of the band.

By 2001, the guys were so sick of Felder, they had to lose him to continue as a band. As he had no lead vocal responsibilities, a session guitarist would be an adequate replacement.

Steuart Smith definitely did more on Long Road Out Of Eden than I thought he would. Playing lead guitar on several tracks, as well as being involved in the writing and production process should get him in the band but he remains very firmly on the disposable list.

If Steuart becomes unhappy with his Eagles lot he could become a brilliant acquisition for Felder's Alter Eagles.

She did when I saw her but that was in 2009.

I hope Steuart could do a bit better than go & play with Felder. Why would he want to do that? He can play HC & all Felder's other solos. As he presumably wouldn't be able to play those solos with Felder, what would his role be? It won't happen, anyway. He is Don Henley's protegé if you like. He played on Inside Job & then Don recommended him to Glenn. He plays in Henley's backing band to this day so he would stay with Henley, I would have thought.

Funk 50
04-04-2015, 06:12 AM
When Randy left the Eagles, Joe Walsh and Don Felder had discussed leaving with him but opted to stay with Glenn and Don. When HFO was initiated, Felder, Walsh and Schmit were putting a project together.

An alternate Eagles with Felder, Leadon, Meisner and Vitale has often been mooted. I think Stuart Smith is now in a position where he would be an asset to such a band. He would add authenticity.

If Steuart stopped working with the Eagles, he'd surely break from Henley too. Henley only does about half a dozen solo shows a year, doesn't he?

UndertheWire
04-04-2015, 04:41 PM
When HFO was initiated, Felder, Walsh and Schmit were putting a project together.
My impression is that the Felder-Walsh-Schmit attempt fell through in late 1992 (between Schmit and Walsh touring with Ringo Starr and Walsh touring with Frey) so about a year before HFO was initiated.

Freypower
04-04-2015, 05:54 PM
When Randy left the Eagles, Joe Walsh and Don Felder had discussed leaving with him but opted to stay with Glenn and Don. When HFO was initiated, Felder, Walsh and Schmit were putting a project together.

An alternate Eagles with Felder, Leadon, Meisner and Vitale has often been mooted. I think Stuart Smith is now in a position where he would be an asset to such a band. He would add authenticity.

If Steuart stopped working with the Eagles, he'd surely break from Henley too. Henley only does about half a dozen solo shows a year, doesn't he?

Smtih* has never worked with Felder. I see no reason why he would wish to do so, and I repeat what I said previously. Why would he join a guy who he supplanted in the Eagles, just to play rhythm guitar? Why would Felder even consider such a thing?

I would have thought if there was no more Eagles, Henley would suddenly start doing more shows, and Steuart would be included in those.

*edited to correct embarrassing typo as mentioned below. :worried:

MaryCalifornia
04-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I thought Schmit and Felder were trying to make a go of the Malibu Men's Choir/LWKUA project? Isn't that what F50 and UTW are referring to?

Funk 50
04-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Schmit has never worked with Felder. I see no reason why he would wish to do so, and I repeat what I said previously. Why would he join a guy who he supplanted in the Eagles, just to play rhythm guitar? Why would Felder even consider such a thing?

I would have thought if there was no more Eagles, Henley would suddenly start doing more shows, and Steuart would be included in those.

As MaryCalifornia answered, I was talking about the Malibu Men's Choir/LWKUA project. Schmit worked with Felder in the Eagles of course! Maybe you meant Steuart Smith.

My statement was about Smith leaving the Eagles set up, not the Eagles retiring. Either way, judging by what has happened to all the guys who played with Genesis, I think Smith will be in demand to continue playing Eagles music after he's left the band.

I think Felder would want Steuart in his Hotel California show. A dual lead guitar team of Felder and Smith would have more authenticity than Felder and his current accomplice Greg Suran plus, it would give Felder a chance to add some Long Road Out Of Eden songs to his repotoire.

I'd love to see, Smith songs, No More Walks in the Wood, Waiting in the Weeds, Business as Usual and Center of the Universe performed live

UndertheWire
04-05-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm mystified. Why would Felder add Eagles songs from an album made after he left and which he's been mildly uncomplimentary about when he doesn't even include songs from his latest album which he seems to be pretty proud of?

As for Smith, doesn't he continue to play wth country music acts during his time off from the Eagles? I assume he'd be in high demand and could have his pick of the Nashville acts and that would trump playing second lead in Felder's band.

I can't see anyone leaving the Eagles unless forced by ill-health or loss of voice. I do wonder whether Bernie will continue to be a special guest on occasion after they stop toring HotE.

Freypower
04-05-2015, 09:00 PM
As MaryCalifornia answered, I was talking about the Malibu Men's Choir/LWKUA project. Schmit worked with Felder in the Eagles of course! Maybe you meant Steuart Smith.

My statement was about Smith leaving the Eagles set up, not the Eagles retiring. Either way, judging by what has happened to all the guys who played with Genesis, I think Smith will be in demand to continue playing Eagles music after he's left the band.

I think Felder would want Steuart in his Hotel California show. A dual lead guitar team of Felder and Smith would have more authenticity than Felder and his current accomplice Greg Suran plus, it would give Felder a chance to add some Long Road Out Of Eden songs to his repotoire.

I'd love to see, Smith songs, No More Walks in the Wood, Waiting in the Weeds, Business as Usual and Center of the Universe performed live

Of course I meant Steuart Smith. My apologies for an inexcusable typo but what I said stands. Why on earth would Steuart want to leave the Eagles to join Felder & why would Felder want him? How would it be more authentic? The two men have never played together.

What has Felder got to do with Long Road Out Of Eden? This just beggars belief. How could it be justified in any way? It's hard enough to justify the guy playing songs like Tequila Sunrise, but at least he did perform those live when he was in the Eagles.

And guess what. I have seen NMWITW & WITW peformed live. By the Eagles. They don't do the songs any more, to my great distress, but I did see them. I don't see how Steuart could play them with another band with someone else singing lead. They are Don Henley songs, even if Steuart has a writer's credit.

Funk 50
04-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Surely you can see the pulling power of the Eagles. The potential to sell out big venues and make lots of money.

I've also seen No More Walks in the Wood and Waiting in the Weeds performed live. Those, along with Business as Usual and Center of the Universe are Smith's most famous songs. He has just as much right as Don Henley to perform them. He may even be able to sing decent versions himself, I've never heard his singing voice.

I've never been interested in seeing an Eagles tribute act, I'd probably even give Felder's act a miss but I'd be interested in an Eagles tribute act with Steuart Smith in the line up. As long as it's not too expensive.

Freypower
04-06-2015, 07:39 PM
You were talking about Steuart leaving the Eagles to join Felder & now you're back to talking about 'the pulling power of the Eagles'. For a start, any partnership of a former Eagles guitarist & an Eagles backing band member is not 'the Eagles' no matter how you label it. Are you saying that if Felder did even more Eagles songs, even songs he had precisely nothing to do with, he'd play bigger venues? Well, I'm sorry, but he would lose any last shred of credibility he has, and I also think it would be very hard for him to get permission to do LROOE songs.

I know Steuart has as much right to his co-writes on LROOE as Don Henley but the reality is I would guess it's mostly his music and Henley's lyrics. They are Henley's songs on a personal level because of the lyrics.

As Steuart has never sung lead, to my knowledge, I am not sure it helps to start speculating whether he would consider performing his LROOE songs & sing them.

Funk 50
04-07-2015, 07:30 AM
You were talking about Steuart leaving the Eagles to join Felder & now you're back to talking about 'the pulling power of the Eagles'. For a start, any partnership of a former Eagles guitarist & an Eagles backing band member is not 'the Eagles' no matter how you label it. Are you saying that if Felder did even more Eagles songs, even songs he had precisely nothing to do with, he'd play bigger venues? Well, I'm sorry, but he would lose any last shred of credibility he has, and I also think it would be very hard for him to get permission to do LROOE songs.

Firstly, I don't think you need permission to perform any song. You just need to pay the royalties.

Secondly, I'm saying that an Eagles tribute act, such as Felder's, has the potential to provide a good living for it's contributors.

If he's, for whatever reason, no longer involved with the Eagles, Steuart Smith, as arguably the eighth Eagle, would probably end up in an Eagles tribute act and he could also be a great asset to Felder's act.

I'm pretty sure the majority of Eagles fans aren't familiar with the detailed lineage of the band and couldn't care less that Felder wasn't on Long Road Out Of Eden.

As you say Freypower, a partnership of a former Eagles guitarist & an Eagles backing band member is not 'the Eagles' but it's closer than the numerous tribute acts that have no connection to the band apart, from the material they play.

What about if you add, some or all of, Scott Crago, Joe Vitale, Jack Tempchin, Danny Kortchmar, JD Souther, Jim Ed Norman and Al Garth. It's still not the Eagles but I think many Eagles fans would be interested to see the show.

It would be a successful act even if they sold a fraction of the tickets the official band sell.

Do you remember that band, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-07-2015, 07:44 AM
I realize this discussion took off from one person's notion that the Eagles are their own tribute act while touring on this upcoming tour leg that was just announced, however, maybe it's time the discussion is moved to a new thread? This thread is for the upcoming shows in general. I would move the posts, but I only moderate the Tour forum, and a discussion about Eagles tribute bands, regardless of who might be in one, belongs somewhere else. Far-fetched ideas and unlikely scenarios make for good discussion, but the new tour leg kicks off in 42 days and we should probably concentrate on that in this thread.