PDA

View Full Version : HACKED!

sodascouts
10-11-2007, 06:38 AM
This morning when I checked the Eagles Online Central site I found this:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/hacked.jpg

Sure enough, it extended to all the sites - even Bernie Leadon Online, which isn't even officially opened yet! I re-uploaded the site indexes, but I'm going away for a few days so I can't find the security error to patch it (I'm presenting at a conference in Kansas City on the use of blogs as an education tool). If it happens again, don't panic. I'll fix it when I get back.

P.S. I have to agree with this guy:

http://www.usharewarez.org.uk/

DonFan
10-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Damnation. Computer hackers are the scum of the earth!

I wonder if that had something to do with the fact that I had to log in on the message board again last night and this morning, even though I have always remained logged in before? Probably.
Don't worry about it while you are away, Soda, and good luck at your conference.

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I got that message as well, Soda earlier this morning (about 11am GMT+1) when I logged onto GFO. What benefit does anyone get out of doing this? Its a small comfort to know that it wasn't my computer! I hope it doesn't recur.

Best of luck with the presentation in Kansas. I hope it goes well for you.

glenneaglesfan
10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
These people are so pathetic. I agree with all the stuff that other guy wrote. Thanks for sorting it out so quickly, Nancy, and good luck with your presentation.

Sexy Girl
10-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Great job having it fixed so quickly, Nancy.

Those hackers are such a pain in the ass, I wish there was a better way to track them down and put them to justice. Best would be to deny any computer access to them for several years, guess that would cure them.

Mrs Frey
10-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Good grief, Nancy - I'm so sorry that this has happened to our beloved sites. I'm glad you've managed to sort it out, and good luck with your presentation at the Kansas conference. You'll ace it, girl!

I agree with the opinions expressed by the person bemoaning computer hackers. An idiot indeed! Whatever would he have to gain from hacking these sites? :evil:

Perfect Little Sister
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Good idea SG. It would drive them crazy.

SweetHolly
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
That really sucks Nancy.