PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween, London!

DonFan
10-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Form the TimesOnLine, London, 10-12-07:

"Fans of the Eagles hoping to see the soft-rock legends play their first new music in three decades will get the chance at an exclusive concert in London — if they are willing to pay more than £1,000 for the privilege.

Tickets for the concert, which takes place in London at the of the month, come in several classes — the “gold circle package”, which includes a front-row ticket, is a snip at £950 plus VAT. Other tickets offered at £575 and £475 plus VAT.

Frustratingly, none of the 2,000 tickets will go on sale to the general public. Most will be offered to corporate clients by “invitation only” while others will be given out to competition-winners, record-label employees and the media. Those who do go will receive “full hospitality” — including free drinks and meals and commemorative merchandise — as part of the event.

Demand for tickets will be high, with the band releasing their new album, Long Road Out of Eden, only two days before the event. It is the first release of all-new music by the band in 28 years. As a result, the lucky few to attend the concert will be the first people outside the United States to hear the new material live.

The Eagles will play Indigo 02 in Greenwich, Southeast London, on October 31."

Mrs Frey
10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
:shock: Thanks for posting that news, DF! Well, if tickets cost that much - good grief - it's little wonder then that they are not for sale to the general public. How many people would be able to afford such prices? It's an "exclusive concert", alright.

A thousand British pounds is equal to approximately 14,000 South African rands :evil:. Good grief, I say!

DonFan
10-12-2007, 10:18 AM
What does a thousand British pounds equal in US dollars?

I just Googled it to find out:

1 British pound = 2.0412 U.S. dollars

:shock: :shock: :shock:

tbs fanatic
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
OMG - that's insane. I hate to say this but I bet they are being paid mega, mega bucks to do this.

Perfect Little Sister
10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh this is killing me. Not that I could afford to go even if these were available to the public. But I'm having Eagle withdrawal. It's been too long since Glenn's concert and waaaaayyyy too long since I've seen all the boys.

EasyFeeling
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
They are coming to Europe and I can't go... :shock: :weep:

Brooke
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Yikes! You are not alone, EF! :weep:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree about them being paid megabucks for this. Maybe the guys figure they will charge all the rich people magabucks, so that they can keep the regular concerts ticket at a reasonable price for the tour next year.

NOT! - Oh well, it was a nice thought, but I'm thinking that tickets for the next tour aren't going to be cheap. I will now try to search for the exasperated emotion. :wink: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm in a hotel tonight and have just coughed up for internet access. I opened my paper on the train and couldn't believe my eyes when I read that article. The Eagles are coming to London and I won't even get a chance to buy a ticket, never mind the prices. I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO GO!!!
I've been trying to concentrate on the talks this afternoon, all the time thinking how if I'd been at home I could post this up, so thanks for getting the news so quickly, DF!
And then I opened the arts section of the paper and there was en extract from Felder's new book and the boat pic and Glenn's chest and I was like :shock: :D
I've posted the article in the Former Eagles thread!

JoeFan
10-13-2007, 12:01 PM
They are coming to Europe and I can't go... :shock: :weep:

They are coming to London but I can't go. Lovely. Those prices are over the top, too dear for any non-posh fan, that's probably the idea, I'll keep an eye out for those competitions though.

EasyFeeling
10-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Well, actually I'm glad that I don't have to decide to what concert I should go. I'll go to another concert that day so I have nothing to regret.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Great attitude, EF! It is a shame knowing the guys will be performing in the UK though, and none of you hard-care European fans will get to see the show. Sometimes life's just not fair. :cry:

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
I actually heard this on the radio (Country mix for those who are interested) £975 would equate to about €1500 or more after the VAT is added on. Now I don't say this to brag, but I am in the fortunate position that I could (and would) afford to go if I could get the tix.
Obviously the competition route is the way to go. I just hope if people do win tix for this that they will go to true Eagles fans and not just sometimes fans.

Perfect Little Sister
10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I wish all of you the best of luck at winning tix! 8)

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks PLS! Looks like we'll need it! I haven't exhausted all avenues yet tho'! Suppose I got in touch with the radio station......suppose they had a DJ with access to purchasing the tix...but who couldn't use them that night ... or something like that???? Yeah I know, Its a long shot!!!