PDA

View Full Version : Former Eagles band member Joe Walsh??

redstorm1968
03-18-2015, 04:52 PM

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 05:28 PM
I posted this elsewhere. Joe has not left the band! Poor journalism is everywhere. There are all kinds of legitimate news outlets that refer to Henley and Frey consistently as former Eagles.

I can't believe anyone would give it the credence of more than a second's thought process.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 05:30 PM
If it makes you feel better, email the author of the story and ask him/her to cite their source for Joe no longer being with the Eagles. People either don't realize they ever reunited, or they assume if any band member from any band does anything on their own, the band must be broken up. It's not.

shunlvswx
03-18-2015, 06:05 PM
I saw that. This is the second time in three months (I don't think by the same people) that they said former Eagles member. The first time was Christmas when Joe was on vacation in the Pacific. What is up with that.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Funny.

It'll be interesting to see if they answer you. Sometimes new organizations need to be called on their sloppy journalism.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 06:21 PM
I saw that. This is the second time in three months (I don think by the same people) that they said former Eagles member. The first time was Christmas when Joe was on vacation in the Pacific. What is up with that.

When Joe and Glenn had their solo albums out in 2012, I swear nearly every article listed them as 'former' members.

shunlvswx
03-18-2015, 06:38 PM
I think this is the same place that my state, Mississippi in the wrong spot. I don't news that much. Maybe the interns did this story. LOL

SilverAcidRayne
03-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Former Eagles band member Joe Walsh?????

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/entertainment/feat-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-presenters-2015/

NOW i see it omg... arent they 50 shades of uninformed lol

GlennLover
03-18-2015, 09:08 PM
I read somewhere within the last week (don't ask me where :brickwall:) about "former" Eagle, Timothy Schmit. :huh:

SilverAcidRayne
03-18-2015, 09:40 PM
so my plan is this summer to go see two former eagles play in Atlantic City with their band the eagles that they are currently touring with... i'm done lmao:brickwall:

WalshFan88
03-18-2015, 11:17 PM
When I saw this thread title I got scared, then pissed off at the thought of the band firing Joe!

Then I read it was a dumb journalist who doesn't have their sh@t together. Phew!!!

Brooke
03-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm completely dumbfounded! Of course he hasn't left the band! :roll:

Midnight Visitor
03-19-2015, 09:55 AM
If I posted every time I read some article with inaccuracies about Joe and/or the Eagles I could fill this board. I have no idea why a band that tours as much as them is such a mystery to reporters.

I hope everyone has watched the video I posted of Joe speaking to the Maori's in NZ!! It's in the video thread.... and not to be missed.

Malcontent Asylum
05-26-2015, 04:48 AM
General network/cable news outlets always botch names and current status when it comes to music. If JW left the group, this forum would be on fire with a yield of at least 50 kilotons.

Funk 50
05-26-2015, 09:26 AM
When Joe first joined the Eagles, journalist's in the UK struggled to believe a solo rock star could join a middle-of-the-road, vocal harmony band.

I remember seeing Joe referred to as "sometimes Eagle".

AlreadyGone95
06-02-2015, 11:40 PM
I hate when reporters/journalists can't do a bit of research to get their work right! :-x. I once watched a video on youtube with the reporter calling John Mcvie Fleetwood Mac's lead singer. I mean, really? A 10 second Google search could easily solve most of these hang ups!

If Joe left the band or was fired (I don't see that happening :pray: ), this site would crash because of the amount of posts about it!