PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Maleah
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere or not, but I've read at two different sites that the Eagles might be the halftime entertainment for the 2008 super bowl!

"The band is reportedly close to signing a deal with the NFL to be halftime performers at the 2008 Super Bowl."

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/10/11/eagles-to-rock-super-bowl-kanye-west-teams-up-with-michael-jackson-radiohead-move-a-million-rainbows/

and

"It appears the Eagles may be going to the Super Bowl.

No, not the Philadelphia Eagles, but rather the legendary band featuring lead singer Glenn Frey.

Sportsbybrooks.com reports that there of a 90% chance of the Eagles performing at halftime of the Super Bowl on Feb. 3 in Arizona.

And if that is the case, it will be Glenn Frey in Glendale."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-briefing11oct11,1,2153868.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Molly
10-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Now if the Packers can just make the Superbowl this year...and the Eagles playing at halftime! My idea of heaven! :angel:

Freypower
10-13-2007, 10:19 PM
It appears the Eagles may be going to the Super Bowl.

No, not the Philadelphia Eagles, but rather the legendary band featuring lead singer Glenn Frey.
Sportsbybrooks.com reports that there of a 90% chance of the Eagles performing at halftime of the Super Bowl on Feb. 3 in Arizona.

And if that is the case, it will be Glenn Frey in Glendale."

I shouldn't say this but I always get a slight thrill when something like this is said. :twisted:

I hope they do it. I watched the Stones in 2006 & they were awesome. This year I watched Prince do Purple Rain. If I could record this I would be in heaven.

Perfect Little Sister
10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Hmmm...the folks live in Arizona..... :P

EasyFeeling
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
That would be great if the Eagles are there. Today I've checked all our sport channels and it seems I will be able to watch it. :D I'm not interested in the Super Bowl but in this case... 8)

sodascouts
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Reviving this old thread because now, on Superbowl Sunday as I watch the Who play for the press before their halftime show, I still think about how it would have been if the Eagles had played it. Yes, it's been two years since that rumor was squelched, but I still think of it when the Superbowl comes on. Sad but true!
:sigh:

ETA: I wonder if Glenn's ever bought tickets to this?

Super Frey
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I never heard that about the Eagles, I'll be watching The Who on my big screen:partytime: Go Colts!!

sodascouts
02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I just remembered that Glenn played a tailgate party at 1992's Superbowl... so we know he went to that one at least! Duh, Nancy! lol

And yeah...

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleLady
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Go Saints!!!!!!! Although I'll be happy with either team.

TimothyBFan
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I was just telling Larry about this rumor about an hour ago. It would be great but I just can't imagine them ever doing it. Would love to be proven wrong tho.

MikeA
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
The Eagles NEED to do Superbowl just to show the world that Seniors can still ROCK as well or better than EVER! Trouble is, I don't know if they could DO a 15 minute concert <LOL>.

Freypower
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Which songs would they play, as well? I would go with How Long, HC and TIE. That covers both Glenn and Don as far as singing lead (no offence to the other two). I cannot envisage them doing it.

TimothyBFan
02-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Good point Mike!:hilarious:

MikeA
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
IF they "did it", I think they would have to put together a medley. HC for sure...probably the first verse and chorus. TIE...OOTN....Fastlane and a little bit of Desperado.

sodascouts
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
These halftime shows usually just feature four songs, give or take, trimmed to fit the 12 minutes they have to play.

I agree with FP. They would play Take It Easy - of course! Also Hotel California (a truncated version). They could do How Long to get in some "new stuff" - it's short and you can rock out to it. No slow songs at the Superbowl!

They'd probably have time for one more song. If it were up to me, I would want them to do Heartache Tonight! It would be fun and certainly appropriate... "There's gonna be a heartache tonight!" - I think Peyton Manning can relate! lol

MikeA
02-08-2010, 08:39 AM
These halftime shows usually just feature four songs, give or take, trimmed to fit the 12 minutes they have to play.

I agree with FP. They would play Take It Easy - of course! Also Hotel California (a truncated version). They could do How Long to get in some "new stuff" - it's short and you can rock out to it. No slow songs at the Superbowl!

They'd probably have time for one more song. If it were up to me, I would want them to do Heartache Tonight! It would be fun and certainly appropriate... "There's gonna be a heartache tonight!" - I think Peyton Manning can relate! lol

As always, your logic is impeccable Nanc! Although Desperado might be appropriate in describing Manning's feelings! At least the "desperate" part. True though....."Slow" wouldn't be good.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I would love to see the guys perform at the Super Bowl. I like FP's setlist of Take It Easy, Hotel California, and How Long. Could also maybe throw in a little bit of Seven Bridges Road just to mix it up a bit. :wink: We can only hope!

Brooke
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I sure wish they would consider it. I'd also vote for HC, TIE, LITFL, and HL.

It would be awesome! :nod:

MikeA
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
SBR....I think I like that one even better than HC! And if you don't think THAT would get a Superbowl crowd on its feet, well, maybe I'm completely out of touch with what people like! Anyway, it's not THAT slow <LOL>

Maleah
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I actually saw another rumor online that since the next superbowl will be held in Texas, the Eagles are highly rumored to be playing that one. Again, just a rumor but it would be nice to see happen! Plus, the NFL does seem to like having classic rock artists now. lol

As for songs they'd sing.....I agree they'd have to do TIE and a shortened version of HC, but I'd have to vote LITFL to be included. For a performance like this, I don't know if they'd need to include the new songs....so I'd probably vote Take It Easy, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, and Heartache Tonight.

Super Frey
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
I would love to see the guys perform at the Super Bowl. I like FP's setlist of Take It Easy, Hotel California, and How Long. Could also maybe throw in a little bit of Seven Bridges Road just to mix it up a bit. :wink: We can only hope!

Oh I agree, what a great lineup.:yay: :drummer:

Freypower
02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I actually saw another rumor online that since the next superbowl will be held in Texas, the Eagles are highly rumored to be playing that one. Again, just a rumor but it would be nice to see happen! Plus, the NFL does seem to like having classic rock artists now. lol

As for songs they'd sing.....I agree they'd have to do TIE and a shortened version of HC, but I'd have to vote LITFL to be included. For a performance like this, I don't know if they'd need to include the new songs....so I'd probably vote Take It Easy, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, and Heartache Tonight.

But a new song would prove their continuing relevance, as when the Stones did Rough Justice. I also don't think they would have to shorten HC. The very thought.... it would be more likely they would only do three songs so they would have room for HC.

TimothyBFan
02-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I really gotta say that the whole SBR really had me thinking. Can you imagine the reaction to the crowd and the at home audience as soon as they sang the first refrain of that song, in PERFECT harmony, just like they did 30+ years ago! Me thinks that would prove a point. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I would adore hearing Seven Bridges road, but they'd have to lip sync something with harmonies that precise in a venue with less-than-ideal acoustics like the SuperBowl!

MikeA
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I would adore hearing Seven Bridges road, but they'd have to lip sync something with harmonies that precise in a venue with less-than-ideal acoustics like the SuperBowl!

The Eagles "lip sync"? Go wash your mouth Nanc! The very thought!

TimothyBFan
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
In my little dream-there are great acoustics in this venue and the crowd is completely quiet in anticipation of those first few notes by the Eagles, so that everyone gets a chance to hear how perfect they still sound after 30+ years!!! :)

MikeA
02-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Willie, I think you pulled a Rip Van Winkle. It's been FORTY YEARS! The 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's <LOL>

And both Glenn and Don, though maybe not as high in the upper registry, still have tremendous tonal range with high quality. Joe and Tim ain't bad either! Joe can still hit "that note" in "In The City". According to him, that song contains the highest vocal note he's ever written into a song and he hasn't changed the key. Tim, well what can anyone say negatively about his voice other than maybe it is not rough.

Pretty dang amazing.

TimothyBFan
02-09-2010, 09:50 AM
WHAT?--you mean I'm in my 40's? D*mn It!!!! :brickwall: :hilarious: You're right Mike--sorry!

02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Well, of course, I never pass up an opportunity to mention how awesome it would be to hear the Eagles perform SBR live. But, seriously, how awesome would it be to hear the Eagles perform SBR live at the Super Bowl!!! :wink:

Freypower
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
When was the last time they performed it? 2003? Why would they bring it back given that once they drop a song it falls into a void, never to be heard again. I think there would be far too much noise and it would be swallowed up.

MikeA
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
They probably wouldn't bring it back. In the real world, not that many non-serious fans associate SBR with the Eagles.

I'm not sure why they dropped it. I know it was very difficult for them to do and even when they were doing it in concerts, they wouldn't do it unless it felt right before the start of the concert. If anyone was "off" they wouldn't try to pull it off. Eventually, they dropped it all together.

I think that as far as audio goes, they "could" do it in an Arena. It's just a matter of PA volume to overcome the crowd noise. They have their earbuds to prompt them for pitch and they always did it standing or sitting pretty close together so they could cue off of each other.

Everwhich....it is a pipe dream. I don't think it is really in their arsenal any longer.

TimothyBFan
02-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Gosh Mike-Buzzkill!! :hilarious:

MikeA
02-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Sorry Willie, I sometimes <LOL> have this bad habit of analyzing things and talking <typing> before I think about the ramifications.

Of COURSE the Eagles will sing SBR when they do the Superbowl! How's that?

02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, honestly guys, I don't buy this notion that just because they dropped a song in the past means that they would never bring it back. They've done it several times before, including SBR. If my memory serve me correctly, I believe that they performed it for very first show of the California F1 tour in 2005. I know the Eagles aren't known for making lots of changes to their setlist during a tour, but it does happen, especially for special events. I think the Super Bowl would fall into the category of a special event, so anything could happen if they decided to actually do it. :grin:

Prettymaid
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
...so I'd probably vote Take It Easy, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, and Heartache Tonight.

I like Maleah's list. I think they will one day do the Superbowl halftime show, and that they would probably do a medley.

Freypower
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, honestly guys, I don't buy this notion that just because they dropped a song in the past means that they would never bring it back. They've done it several times before, including SBR. If my memory serve me correctly, I believe that they performed it for very first show of the California F1 tour in 2005. I know the Eagles aren't known for making lots of changes to their setlist during a tour, but it does happen, especially for special events. I think the Super Bowl would fall into the category of a special event, so anything could happen if they decided to actually do it. :grin:

What were the other occasions when songs were brought back? (Apart from 70s songs being brought back in 1994, obviously).

To me 7BR is too slow, too quiet and would require a massive audience that is high on adrenalin from the first half of a big sports event to sit back and be calm for a few minutes. I also don't see how the lyrics are appropriate for such an event. You want to keep the audience on their high, not bring them down, no matter how great the harmonies*. We are not necessarily talking about an audience full of Eagles fans.

In recent years they didn't even play the whole song.

*ETA: I know people will say 'NO! 7BR lifts people up, it doesn't bring them down'! In this case, however, at this event, I don't think the song would work. But no doubt I am in the minority here.

02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
What were the other occasions when songs were brought back? (Apart from 70s songs being brought back in 1994, obviously).

FP, just off the top of my head without doing a whole lot of research - The Millennium Concert.

Freypower
02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, in which Glenn makes the claim that they had never played Ol' 55 before (he was wrong) - so he probably thought they weren't bringing it back. Those Shoes was obviously 'brought back'. :rolleyes: Not that it matters but this means there is a precedent for this sort of thing.

Maleah
02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Didn't they drop "Witchy Woman" for quite a while?

MikeA
02-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm gonna get Stuborn here FP (and THAT's a First <LOL>)

Any EXCUSE for the Eagles to Sing Seven Bridges Road is a good one no matter when, where or whatfor <smile>.

Now, I'm a guitar player and dearly love the work Walsh, Felder, Leadon and Smith have done with the Eagles....but it is SBR I immediately think of when I think of the Eagles. Stupid. It isn't even "Their" song! But they do it So Well.

02-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Didn't they drop "Witchy Woman" for quite a while?

Yeah Maleah, in the California F1 tour they replaced Wasted Time with Witchy Woman. And then, I'm not positive but I think they didn't perform it at first in the LROOE tour, but then they brought it back.

Any EXCUSE for the Eagles to Sing Seven Bridges Road is a good one no matter when, where or whatfor <smile>.

I agree with you here Mike. Even if a crowd didn't immediatedly recognize the song as an Eagles song, it would definitely win their approval, I believe.

Brooke
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm gonna have to side with Fp on this. I don't think 7BR fits for the super bowl at all. I LOVE the song, it's just too quiet for this crowd and unfamiliar to the average football fan.

I'll stick with my first thoughts which were HC, TIE, LITFL and HL. A medley of all four or however they wanna do it. These songs, except for HL, are immediately recognizable and would go over with the crowd in a huge way.

Guys, are you listening to us?!

MikeA
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Okay, KillJoys! LOL. Hey, this is "Fantasy" still so we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such, would know SBR and would appreciate it and would not be brought down by it. <LOL>

Seriously though, I do think they would pick their high tempo songs. They could play 12 minutes of Life In The Fast Lane. Maybe Twenty-One and Out of Control. Take It Easy would be a required number. Then all of Hotel California...they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

TimothyBFan
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such,

they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Freypower
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Okay, KillJoys! LOL. Hey, this is "Fantasy" still so we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such, would know SBR and would appreciate it and would not be brought down by it. <LOL>

Seriously though, I do think they would pick their high tempo songs. They could play 12 minutes of Life In The Fast Lane. Maybe Twenty-One and Out of Control. Take It Easy would be a required number. Then all of Hotel California...they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

Twenty-One? Who would sing it? It is even more obscure than 7BR.

As for Out Of Control in my wildest dreams they will perform that song again. But this is the band that no longer performs three songs which are very well known, one of which went to #1 (NKIT, Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone). They are not going to resurrect something like Out Of Control.

I would not be in favour of a medley. Glenn did that once, with Lyin' Eyes/POMPOY/TIE (in fact I saw the Lyin' Eyes/TIE medley in 1988 ) and in my opinion the songs were sold short.

At least if they did How Long it would prove that they are still a viable act, not just nostalgia.

Super Frey
02-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I still think it would be great if they do accept to play in the 2011 Super Bowl.:band:

Koala
03-01-2010, 02:20 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2735995/will_the_eagles_play_in_the_2011_super.html?cat=33

Freypower
03-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Ho hum. Yet another writer who seems to think the terms 'Don Henley' and 'the Eagles' are interchangeable. And just because he is from Texas does not mean the band would play the Super Bowl there. :eyebrow:

AzEaglesFan
03-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they were invited this year and turned it down. Or did I just dream that.

Maleah
03-01-2010, 04:30 AM
I don't think the point of the article was to exclude the rest of the band and make it Don Henley & Co. I think the point was that Don is from Texas and that would play a big part in the reasoning behind the invitation. If Michigan ever hosted a superbowl (and as a Lions fan I am DEFINENTLY not holding my breath there) and the Eagles were mentioned as a possibility for the halftime show, I'm sure Glenn would be the mentioned Eagle of choice.

That being said, I don't know why it would be a big deal that they don't move around much. It's not like anyone in the stadium would really be close enough to tell and the fans watching on tv would rather hear someone stay on tune than dancing all over the place. lol

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 05:22 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they were invited this year and turned it down. Or did I just dream that.

AEF - there was a rumor about that in 2007, when this thread was actually started (I revived it when watching the Superbowl this year). Rolling Stone published an item on the fact that they were in negotiations. Unfortunately, it appears the Eagles wanted more money than the Superbowl organizers were willing to pay, so the negotiations stalled.

This latest so-called rumor as reported on a pseudo-journalistic internet regurgitation site (http://www.associatedcontent.com/) (one of many, sadly) originated as nothing more than these two sentences in the Dallas News (http://stadiumblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/super-bowl-halftime-entertainm.html): " the consensus among North Texas Super Bowl attendees was that the Eagles might be up for a North Texas Super Bowl appearance. Don Henley has a home in Dallas, and the group has some strong Texas ties." While this lame site provides a link to the Dallas News, the authors know 90% of readers won't follow the link to the source and will assume there's more substance to the rumor than there really is.

Heck, even information from my sites has been regurgitated places like that, and I'm not exactly an insider! Oh well, at least they link back.

I don't think the point of the article was to exclude the rest of the band and make it Don Henley & Co. I think the point was that Don is from Texas and that would play a big part in the reasoning behind the invitation. If Michigan ever hosted a superbowl (and as a Lions fan I am DEFINENTLY not holding my breath there) and the Eagles were mentioned as a possibility for the halftime show, I'm sure Glenn would be the mentioned Eagle of choice.

Yeah, we gotta be careful not to get hypersensitive about such things! There are times when it's appropriate to highlight Henley. ;)

Anyway, I want the Eagles to do the Superbowl just because I know they would bring the house down and it would be awesome to behold. It's only right that America's greatest band should play America's most watched event.

(The Who doing the Superbowl was just wrong. As Brits, they probably don't even know how American football is played. It's not exactly big in the rest of the world.)

At any rate, it's nothing more than meaningless speculation at this point.

Unless the Superbowl folks cough up more money or the Eagles decide to lower their asking price in consideration of how freaking cool it would be to play the Superbowl, it looks like it's not gonna happen anytime soon. :( Maybe we should write the Superbowl organizers a letter advising them to incorporate into the negotiations an offer to donate some of the proceeds to Walden Woods. Couldn't hurt!

EagleLady
03-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I thought The Who doing the Super Bowl was great, Just because they are british doesn't mean they don't know about American Football.

03-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I think the concept of The Who performing at the Super Bowl was a great idea. Unfortunately, as I have already stated several times, I thought their actual performance was less than stellar.

Although, I agree that it would be fitting for America's greatest band to appear at America's greatest sports event, I think the concern is that the Eagles don't use a lot of showmanship in their performances, and that what may work in a live show could come across as boring to a TV audience. Also, there is the concern over the audio - I can't imagine the Eagles being willing to perform if the sound isn't up to their high standards.

In any event, I'm not holding my breath that this will happen even though I would love to see them work something out.

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I think the concern is that the Eagles don't use a lot of showmanship in their performances, and that what may work in a live show could come across as boring to a TV audience.

I see what you mean, dreamer, but the Who aren't exactly known for their stage theatrics nowadays and that didn't seem to bother organizers when they hired the band for the show. The organizers are the ones that add the elaborate stage lights, fireworks, etc. that are par for the course at Superbowl shows. Look at what they did for no-frills artists like Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty. They can do that for the Eagles just as easily. The guy in the article Koala quoted may have thought it was an issue, but he's not exactly an authority on the matter.

Also, there is the concern over the audio - I can't imagine the Eagles being willing to perform if the sound isn't up to their high standards.

They played the CMAs with its crappy sound in 2007 and then came back to do it again in 2008, so it's not as if they've never done it before. They may not like it, but their two appearances at the CMAs show they'll deal with sound that's below their high standards it if they believe it's worth their while. The Superbowl is far more prestigious and if the organizers had coughed up more cash, I'm almost sure the Eagles would have said yes.

If they got far enough in negotiations in 2007 for the item to make Rolling Stone, the sound couldn't have been too much of an impediment. If the Superbowl's sound capabilities were a dealbreaker, the Eagles never would have entered negotiations in the first place.

Eve
03-01-2010, 05:46 PM
"The Eagles with Don Henley"?? WTF??

As for The Who. Calling themselves The Who is like Paul and Ringo touring and calling themselves The Beatles.

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
It was a joke to differentiate the band from the football team. Additionally, note the parallel between "Don" and "Donovan" that is supposed to make it funnier (see below). I really don't think this should be taken as a diss to any of the other guys.

The Eagles with Don Henley and not the football team the Philadelphia Eagles with Donovan McNabb

BTW Eve, I agree with you about the Who.

EagleLady
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
"The Eagles with Don Henley"?? WTF??

As for The Who. Calling themselves The Who is like Paul and Ringo touring and calling themselves The Beatles.

Agree.

MaryCalifornia
02-03-2014, 02:25 AM
I have no idea where to post this question - not sure that it merits its own thread - but shouldn't the Eagles play the Super Bowl? Is there any info or discussion about this in these boards? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Would the guys want to do it? I just read an article that details the exact committee within the NFL, and the marketing people from Pepsi, (and their names) who select the halftime performers. We could send lots of e-mails! But I wouldn't want to make the effort if the Eagles have previously indicated they wouldn't be into it...

thelastresort
02-03-2014, 09:17 AM
How long is the Superbowl half-time show?

VAisForEagleLovers
02-03-2014, 09:18 AM
There are places here where it is discussed. I think our guys are too much into perfection to take a chance on a stage that's set up 30 seconds before using it! I believe they've been contenders in the past and refused. Not that we know that for sure, but that was the rumor.

Freypower
02-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Here is the topic:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564

I'm not in favour of it.

sodascouts
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
I moved the posts about the Superbowl to this thread. Yeah, it doesn't look too likely to happen... but I guess you never know.

MaryCalifornia
02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks, guys, for locating the thread. The halftime performers definitely have to give up some control to fit within the format, but none of technical/logistical issues regarding the quick equipment/stage setup, etc.. seem insurmountable. The guys play stadium shows and festivals, so I don't think they should mind the sound issues. I do think the producers encourage a backing track, and I can't see the Eagles agreeing to that (except for maybe a lone mandolin hee hee).

I guess the real issue is that you lose the fireworks, backup dancers, frenetic pace of the halftime "SPECTACLE"! Well, who cares, I would rather see the Eagles come out and play: Life in the Fast Lane, Already Gone, Lyin' Eyes, Take it Easy and Hotel California. That's my Super Bowl set list. (It's for the masses, not the hardcore fans.)

Don and Glenn would NOT be happy with the cell phone situation!!!:lol::lol::lol:

ktdids
02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
If they were to do the halftime show, maybe they could do Don's rap version of LITFL to appeal to the younger demographic! The dramatic finish with Don jumping on the programmed console to destroy it at the end of the song would be surprising at the least!
Just kidding...just watched it recently and I got it on the brain for some reason!

sodascouts
02-03-2014, 10:39 PM
ktdids...

LOL!

DJ
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
It was a good halftime performance. But the Eagles would be my preferred. :bye:

Prettymaid
02-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Here is the topic:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564

I'm not in favour of it.

Reading back was fun, especially the part about bringing back songs. I guess they surprised all of us, eh? ;)

sodascouts
02-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I posted that in 2010, but it's a heck of a lot more applicable in 2014!

And yes PM, many a declaration made in this thread about what the Eagles would never do has been disproven by this tour.

02-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Yep - this is a classic lesson in why we should never say 'never'! :thumbsup:

(And good to hear from you, PM. I've missed ya!)

Brooke
02-04-2014, 05:11 PM
If they were to do the halftime show, maybe they could do Don's rap version of LITFL to appeal to the younger demographic! The dramatic finish with Don jumping on the programmed console to destroy it at the end of the song would be surprising at the least!
Just kidding...just watched it recently and I got it on the brain for some reason!

:rofl: Now that would be a hoot to see done at the superbowl!

Actually, I don't see it happening!

Pm, nice to see you back in these parts!

Houston Debutante
02-12-2014, 03:37 PM

Sorry to reply so late but I just had to say ~

:lol: :lol: :lol: