PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Jenner Interview with Diane Saywer

MaryCalifornia
04-25-2015, 10:39 PM
My takeaway from the interview is that I feel so bad that the man has endured this struggle for 60 years, from the time he was just a little kid. Before the show came on, I said to my husband, "What are his ten kids supposed to call him from now on?" and Bruce answered that, he said he will always be "Dad" and they should always call him that. There will be a special series starting in July that documents some of what he's doing. I think the biggest takeaway for a lot of people is that he is a Republican:hilarious: I think this is a good thing. He will be able to give a human face to an issue that some Republican politicians have been unwilling to recognize requires civil rights protections. The next year should be pretty interesting.

Leah Felder made an appearance, looking lovely but she had no lines. Just there to support him. Her husband Brandon Jenner had the largest role of the children in the program and it sounds like the two of them wrote a song about Bruce's struggle.

WalshFan88
04-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Two things...

1. I'm glad his family is supporting him as they should.

2. If I never hear the names Kardashian or Jenner ever again in my life, I will be a happy man.....just sayin'.

SilverAcidRayne
04-26-2015, 12:08 AM
i got nothing.

Witchy Woman
04-26-2015, 01:08 AM
I think it's great Bruce is finally able to live the life that he truly wants. His courage is admirable, and the support of his family is wonderful. I wish him every happiness.

MaryCalifornia
04-26-2015, 01:29 AM
This is a pretty good read:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-thompson/bruce-jenner-linda-thompson_b_7080918.html

I'm a sucker for any article that includes the phrase, "in July 1976, Elvis and I were watching the summer Olympics..."

Anyway, all three of Jenner's wives knew of his struggle and all three never told anyone, except Linda Thomson told their two sons when they were about 30.

maryc2130
04-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Two things...

1. I'm glad his family is supporting him as they should.

2. If I never hear the names Kardashian or Jenner ever again in my life, I will be a happy man.....just sayin'.

I agree on both counts (except I'd be a happy woman. LOL.)

Ive always been a dreamer
04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks for that link, MC. Linda Thompson's account was a very interesting read.

SilverAcidRayne
04-26-2015, 07:59 PM
it just kind of shocked me. lol that here was this handsome man successful athlete, and he was struggling with himself. ive had many friends like that and i support them 1000%. it was just difficult growing up with him and so i didnt understand. but now i do. he's human just like the rest of us and i too wish him happiness. how i say it: do what you gotta do. do you :)

DJ
04-30-2015, 04:08 PM
If he's happy with his current decision so be it. We all deserve to be happy in this life we are given. :thumbsup: