PDA

View Full Version : here we go again...

SilverAcidRayne
04-29-2015, 09:08 AM
morning guys... you guys hear yet more rumors about Randy? this article was on my facebook this morning. of course i dont believe a word of it.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/29/eagles-founding-member-randy-meisner-conservatorship-alcohol-drunk/

Brooke
04-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Oh my! Who knows?

NightMistBlue
04-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Thank you, Silver. Any news is good news? I don't know. Maybe some light will be shed one way or the other.

Midnight Visitor
04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Please God let this not be true. It's TMZ. They're often full of it.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/29/eagles-founding-member-randy-meisner-conservatorship-alcohol-drunk/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
This is posted in his retro Press thread, too! I'll copy my comment from there to here...

This should probably go in his Press thread rather than the Retro thread, but I can't move it.

TMZ doesn't often run an article on something they don't even think is true, so the very fact they are seriously doubting what this guy is saying means there is serious cause for doubt. They doubted what the man said from the start, which is why they went to Lana and Randy himself for comments (they seldom do that, too). I do know that people who are or used to be close to Randy have their own agendas and thoughts on things and since they don't have all the facts, it's hard to take them too seriously.

All I can say is what Nancy posted on here before. We do not know all the facts, and it would be grossly unfair to Randy to make assumptions, good or bad, and because we all love Randy so very much, it would be easy to try and blame someone else if he really does or did have such a problem.

SilverAcidRayne
04-29-2015, 02:56 PM
NightMist... you're absolutely welcome :)

But yeah... TMZ haven't really been that trustworthy. i always say unless we hear from the people themselves then dont pay it no mind. BUT in this case there's been so many rumors about him we don't know what to believe :-(

DJ
04-29-2015, 05:18 PM
We can only hope this is Not true. But who knows from what's been on the internet lately. I can only say I don't believe it unless it comes from the source.

MaryCalifornia
04-29-2015, 07:03 PM
The important bit from the article is that "legal documents have been filed." A request for a conservatorship would necessarily require sworn statements, made under oath, by named individuals as to what they have observed and upon what facts they are basing their request. If in fact a conservatorship has been filed, this is where it will get interesting (or, hopefully, not interesting.)

sodascouts
04-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Hopefully the courts will get it all sorted out. I'd prefer not to speculate without facts and instead wait for a court decision to be reached.

SilverAcidRayne
04-29-2015, 08:00 PM
absolutely... it just annoys me so much that if all this isnt true and he's perfectly fine, people would do any and everything for money. with no regards to a life what so ever. i hope he is ok though

WalshFan88
04-29-2015, 09:44 PM
I've heard so many stories about Randy by so many people online that I don't know what to believe. Seems there is 101 stories about him and his current wife, his first wife, and his health.

Only one thing to say, is that I hope he's doing and being treated well...

Funk 50
04-30-2015, 05:19 AM
I thought any threads continuing to discuss Randy's private life would be closed.

This thread will remain closed, as will any thread that continues to discuss Randy’s personal life.

I'm hoping that this tmz report is the first step to getting some clarity.

Thirsty&Hot
04-30-2015, 07:27 AM
Straight from Randy himself via TMZ video and all!
Randy is doing just fine!
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/04/30/the-eagles-randy-meisner-wife-not-trying-to-kill-me-video-conservatorship

thelastresort
04-30-2015, 07:58 AM
The non-mobile link is http://www.tmz.com/#Article/2015/04/30/the-eagles-randy-meisner-wife-not-trying-to-kill-me-video-conservatorship ;)

Glad to get some kind of bonafide update. He still sounds a bit weak but looks to be in reasonable health. Thank God.

NightMistBlue
04-30-2015, 09:16 AM
The story was also featured on the TMZ television show last night, but the episode has not yet been posted to their web site. It didn't feature this latest video with Randy and his wife, but the reporter (I think his name is Gary) said he spoke with Randy on the phone and that he was "very lucid."

I'm encouraged by the video of Randy speaking. Though his voice his weak and he sounds a little out of breath, he seems mentally cogent. The camera dude was asking him about this current incident and then abruptly shifted to the 1977 incident with someone named "Glenn Fey" and Randy didn't seem to have any trouble tracking the conversation.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2015, 12:31 PM
The weakness of his voice and slight breathlessness may have been a bit of nerves? It's not like he talks to reporters every day. :)

I can't hit the link while here at work, but I'll check it out tonight.

SilverAcidRayne
04-30-2015, 12:56 PM
yeah i saw that this morning also... glad to know he's ok :)

Brooke
04-30-2015, 01:19 PM
He did seem a bit nervous or breathless, but who wouldn't be, especially when you aren't in front of tv cameras much?

NightMistBlue
04-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I was thinking: I bet this is the first time in his career/life that Randy has been "ambushed" (however gently) by a paparazzo as he was going about his daily life - in this case, leaving a deli where he and his wife just had breakfast. Welcome to 21st century celebrity culture, Mr. Meisner.

But still it's awfully good to hear something from Randy himself - it's been over 2 years. He speaks perfectly well, in fact he's more articulate than the young camera man.

P.S. This is the Randy clip from yesterday's TMZ show [warning for sensitive, intelligent people: it is a crass, crass show populated by vile, soulless people]:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ysbfgjma/

MaryCalifornia
04-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I was thinking: I bet this is the first time in his career/life that Randy has been "ambushed" (however gently) by a paparazzo as he was going about his daily life - in this case, leaving a deli where he and his wife just had breakfast. Welcome to 21st century celebrity culture, Mr. Meisner.

There is no way in heck TMZ just happens to "run into" Lana and Randy Meisner behind a Studio City deli for goodness sake, the day after TMZ posted the article about the conservatorship. This reporter would have absolutely no idea who they are if he saw them in public, and he doesn't know who Glenn Frey is. They let TMZ know where to meet them so that Randy would have the opportunity to say his bit.

Funk 50
05-01-2015, 05:55 AM
I haven't viewed the clip yet (I can't get it to play) but I'm unconvinced, simply as his wife is in close proximity.

You don't ask the prisoners about the conditions in a jail with the warders in ear shot.

Never-the-less, it's good progress. I take it Randy hasn't hired a personal trainer to get him in shape for a possible Eagles appearance.

UndertheWire
05-01-2015, 06:19 AM
Never-the-less, it's good progress. I take it Randy hasn't hired a personal trainer to get him in shape for a possible Eagles appearance.
He's very trim but doesn't look or sound robust enough for a concert tour.

To state the obvious, you can't really assess someone's physical and mental health from a paparazzi video.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2015, 07:02 AM
I thought any threads continuing to discuss Randy's private life would be closed.

I'm hoping that this tmz report is the first step to getting some clarity.

I haven't discussed this with Soda, so I don't know her thoughts on it for sure. With the release of the TMZ links, it changes things, but I imagine that as long as the discussion does not again devolve into speculating about Randy and his personal life, and pressing for answers that cannot be found here, the thread will stay open.

NightMistBlue
05-01-2015, 08:58 AM
There is no way in heck TMZ just happens to "run into" Lana and Randy Meisner behind a Studio City deli for goodness sake, the day after TMZ posted the article about the conservatorship. This reporter would have absolutely no idea who they are if he saw them in public, and he doesn't know who Glenn Frey is. They let TMZ know where to meet them so that Randy would have the opportunity to say his bit.

I really don't know, but if they had arranged that encounter, wouldn't Randy have dressed/groomed better and chosen a better locale than in front of a dumpster? Just sayin'.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2015, 10:00 AM
It's likely they knew where to start and followed him. That is, after all, what the folks at TMZ do...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2015, 05:23 PM
For what it's worth, Don Felder, who has said before that he remains friends with Randy posted the latest TMZ interview on Facebook with this comment:

If anyone has been concerned about my dear friend Randy Meisner's wellness please view the link below. There have been some very harsh rumors running around the web and I'd like you to see Randy speak for himself. TMZ caught up with him and captured his own take on what's going on.

MaryCalifornia
05-01-2015, 08:50 PM
I really don't know, but if they had arranged that encounter, wouldn't Randy have dressed/groomed better and chosen a better locale than in front of a dumpster? Just sayin'.

Grooming and appearance is certainly something that will be taken into consideration.

It is absurd that the person who is supposedly the victim of emotional/physical/financial abuse is interviewed IN THE PRESENCE of his alleged abuser! Who thinks that is a good idea, or has any value whatsoever??!! As a lawyer, my unsolicited advice to Lana and Randy is that they need to retain a lawyer specifically to guide them in this issue, stat, and they absolutely should not speak to the media (or anyone) about the topic, especially TMZ for goodness sake.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I haven't discussed this with Soda, so I don't know her thoughts on it for sure. With the release of the TMZ links, it changes things, but I imagine that as long as the discussion does not again devolve into speculating about Randy and his personal life, and pressing for answers that cannot be found here, the thread will stay open.

I agree, VA. This is newsworthy and as long as we stick to discussing the TMZ report, I personally don’t think we need to lock the thread. However, as you said, if the discussion devolves into speculating about Randy’s personal situation without knowing the facts or making inflammatory and judgmental comments, then that is crossing the line. And if you're not sure where to draw the line, then it is better to err on the side of caution and not post at all. And, that actually applies to all thread on the board, not just here.

05-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Grooming and appearance is certainly something that will be taken into consideration.

It is absurd that the person who is supposedly the victim of emotional/physical/financial abuse is interviewed IN THE PRESENCE of his alleged abuser! Who thinks that is a good idea, or has any value whatsoever??!! As a lawyer, my unsolicited advice to Lana and Randy is that they need to retain a lawyer specifically to guide them in this issue, stat, and they absolutely should not speak to the media (or anyone) about the topic, especially TMZ for goodness sake.

I agree with this, MC. I will say this about TMZ - even though they are definitely known for reporting on the more sleazy and salacious types of stories, their reporting is usually credible and factually accurate. However, to your point, even though I'm glad Randy spoke out, it does seem like it would have been better for him to have appeared alone. I just hope this mess gets resolved in Randy's best interest soon.

MaryCalifornia
05-01-2015, 10:09 PM
I forgot to say I really like his t-shirt! He's so cute!

MaryCalifornia
05-01-2015, 10:51 PM
For what it's worth, Don Felder, who has said before that he remains friends with Randy posted the latest TMZ interview on Facebook with this comment:

Oh, and Felder should stay out of this. True or not, the allegations are serious. This unfortunate situation is not the right opportunity for him to highlight his connection to the Eagles on social media. I have no doubt that Randy is truly his friend, but he is putting himself in a horrible position if there ever turned out to be any truth to the allegations.

Funk 50
05-02-2015, 07:43 AM
It's possible that Felder was asked to post the TMZ link by the Meisners. More intervention by Felder wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

It is absurd that the person who is supposedly the victim of emotional/physical/financial abuse is interviewed IN THE PRESENCE of his alleged abuser! Who thinks that is a good idea, or has any value whatsoever??!!

If the Meisners insisted on a dual interview, it's still a step in the right direction.

Somebody is going to investigate the allegations a little more thoroughly, aren't they?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't want to start a discussion on that statement because with it comes a lot of opinion on several aspects of it that will end up being a discussion on aspects of Randy's life that don't need to be discussed in a public forum.

As is always the case, regardless of the situation or people being discussed, when there are two sides, both sides will be a lie, both sides will be the truth, and reality is often just a perception that is heavily influenced by experiences and prejudices. Even a judge making a final ruling in either direction won't mean it gives us the answers some of us are looking for.

Hometown
05-03-2015, 07:00 PM
I find it interesting the Don Felder website removed the
TMZ video. It had over 260 comments at one point, including a response by Dana Meisner. I shall refrain from speculating, but pray for a resolution.

SilverAcidRayne
05-11-2015, 10:26 PM
i cant even...

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2015/05/11/eagles-co-founder-randy-meisner-to-undergo-mental-evaluation-in-conservator-battle/

VAisForEagleLovers
05-11-2015, 11:51 PM
It's very sad that the entire situation has come to this. I hope the right thing happens on July 1, whatever that might be, and everyone can move forward and deal with the decision that's made.

SilverAcidRayne
05-12-2015, 04:17 AM
yeah. i thought it was all over. i just think the man needs some kind of peace. he's in his golden years he should be :-(

Funk 50
05-12-2015, 06:59 AM
i cant even...

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2015/0...rvator-battle/

Meisner said he is not worried about his spouse abusing him.

This seems to be the crux of the argument. He's not worried, a lot of other people are.

Thanks for posting the link SilverAcidRayne.:-(

NightMistBlue
05-12-2015, 10:07 AM
This seems to be the crux of the argument. He's not worried, a lot of other people are.

Well, he's reportedly said different things also. But hopefully the court will sort that out.

I wonder if this article is an accurate representation of the evidence that was presented. It seems weak. Mary California, what do you think?

MaryCalifornia
05-12-2015, 12:32 PM
I started to post last night and then decided not to. All I can say is that there HAS to be more information in the court filings than what came out in yesterday's article. Agree with NMB that the reporting is weak - they obviously didn't have access to the pleadings. I don't know what the judge means, "I want to protect people like you." Like what? There must be an allegation of diminished capacity with some alleged facts to back it up that wasn't mentioned in the article, and this is the important bit. TMZ will probably post the legal pleadings eventually.

Fleurette767
05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Thanks for these updates. I'm so shocked and feel so bad for Randy.

Funk 50
05-13-2015, 05:39 AM
I don't know what the judge means, "I want to protect people like you."

Yes... I'd take that as a bit of an insult.

I expect the judge means people who are totally dependent on or inextricably paired with an (allegedly) abusive or neglectful partner or stuck in an unhealthy environment.

NightMistBlue
05-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Oh no, I would think that would be considered a biased remark if the judge was already suggesting Randy is in an abusive or neglectful situation - that's to be decided later I guess.

Still, "people like you," certainly seems like a loaded comment. Maybe the judge was only meaning Randy's weakened/vulnerable state due to poor health.

MaryCalifornia
06-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Here is a new article

http://mynewsla.com/uncategorized/2015/06/22/eagles-co-founder-doesnt-need-temporary-conservator-attorneys-say/

NightMistBlue
06-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Thank you, Mary. I thought the judge would rule on competency by July 1, but now the next hearing is scheduled for Sept. 11?

AlreadyGone95
06-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Wow... This reminds me of what happened to Casey Kasem. All I can say is that whatever happens, I hope that it's whatever is best for Randy.

GlennLover
06-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Wow... This reminds me of what happened to Casey Kasem. All I can say is that whatever happens, I hope that it's whatever is best for Randy.

I agree, AG9.

Hometown
06-24-2015, 09:06 PM
I wonder if the July 4th ruling and September hearing are two different things. I don't know how I feel about the latest news item, but feel like his children have his best interest in mind.

Funk 50
06-25-2015, 06:27 AM
I believe the initial date is a report on Randy's ability to make his own decisions. The second is about whether he needs a conservator or not.

I think we got lucky when Joe married Marjorie. She's been such a positive influence on Joe's life and career.

NightMistBlue
06-25-2015, 12:15 PM
I think we got lucky when Joe married Marjorie. She's been such a positive influence on Joe's life and career.

They seem to have a beautiful relationship, don't they? I like how Joe talks about her. May we all find our own Marjorie (in a manner of speaking).

AlreadyGone95
06-25-2015, 01:17 PM
I think that all 4 of the current guys have done well with their wives. All 4 seem really happy and in love.

Like I said above, I really hope that the judge does whatever is best for Randy.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-25-2015, 01:43 PM
They seem to have a beautiful relationship, don't they? I like how Joe talks about her. May we all find our own Marjorie (in a manner of speaking).

I agree, NMB!!

Brooke
06-25-2015, 03:35 PM
For sure! He always seems so happy! I'm so glad for him!

DJ
06-25-2015, 05:58 PM
All I can say is I hope Randy's family can come together and take care of him. It is very difficult when there is finger pointing and blame to solve a problem when someone is ill, incapacitated or has alleged substance abuse problems. Putting one's Dirty Laundry, not to be funny, in the media is not helpful to anyone involved. I saw the TMZ report on TV and TMZ was making fun of the whole thing and that is very sad. This is a human being people,and people who believe he's in harms way are trying to help him. I'm praying for Randy and his family.

AlreadyGone95
06-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Hear, hear! Everyone (well almost everyone) deserves to be happy in both life and love, imo.

Funk 50
06-26-2015, 05:50 AM
I've lead the thread off topic.

I still believe the decision to skip the Eagles HOTE tour was made by Randy's wife, not his doctor. My opinion may change in the next couple of months.

I do hope the court intervention will lead to a favourable outcome for everybody.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-26-2015, 07:29 AM
I've lead the thread off topic.

I still believe the decision to skip the Eagles HOTE tour was made by Randy's wife, not his doctor. My opinion may change in the next couple of months.

I do hope the court intervention will lead to a favourable outcome for everybody.

I'm sure the court will do its job, and all of the nasty details on both sides will be the food TMZ lives on for the duration. Like you, F50, I'm on Randy's side in all this, and so it bothers me that at the end of this, he'll have lost his privacy and likely his dignity. Everyone will get to salivate over his intimate details and once again, Henley's Dirty Laundry will be apropos of a situation. It would be too much to hope that we could keep the ugliness off this board and not contribute to it.

06-27-2015, 01:39 PM
I pretty much agree with you, VA. Of course, all of us fans wish Randy health and happiness. This is such an unfortunate situation, and all we can do is try to be factual, respectful, and non-judgmental as we follow the court case in the coming months.

DJ
06-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I agree with both VA and Dreamer facts only. I just pray it all works out for Randy and his family.

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Yes I think thats the way to go as well. I certainly dont want to see personal details of his life trashed around the board or commented on

NightMistBlue
07-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I've only just noticed that Randy's former bandmate Richie Furay left a comment about the May 11th article [previously posted here]: http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2015/05/11/eagles-co-founder-randy-meisner-to-undergo-mental-evaluation-in-conservator-battle/

Still awaiting news of what happened at yesterday's court hearing. The judge was supposed to rule on whether Randy needs a conservator, based on the findings of a psychiatric evaluation.

07-03-2015, 01:50 PM
NMB - I think that is an old article. According to this more recent one, the judge has postponed the competency hearing until September 11.

Here is a new article

http://mynewsla.com/uncategorized/2015/06/22/eagles-co-founder-doesnt-need-temporary-conservator-attorneys-say/

Hometown
07-03-2015, 03:36 PM
See post #50, the July 1st hearing was to Evaluate Randy. The September date was to establish a possible conservator, if need be.

DJ
07-04-2015, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hometown;304336]See post #50, the July 1st hearing was to Evaluate Randy. The September date was to establish a possible conservator, if need be.[/QUOTE

Correct Hometown.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-08-2015, 07:28 PM
The outcome of the hearing...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/eagle-bassist-supervised-alleged-murder-suicide-threat-article-1.2285909

WalshFan88
07-08-2015, 07:44 PM
That's really sad. I didn't know all of the details of what went on. That said, I've always had my suspicions about his wife from what I've heard.

All I can say is that I hope the best for Randy and his care and hope all the best for the family.

AlreadyGone95
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Wow. That's first I've heard of the murder - suicide thing. I hope that the judge has made the right decision. Since it said pending the outcome of the September hearing, I assume that the decision is only temporary, until that hearing?

Btw, on a more lighter note, there's no way that the photo of Randy that they used could've been from 1961, could it?

UndertheWire
07-09-2015, 04:20 AM
I hope the mediation works and they find the best way forward for everyone.

It's another reminder of how little we know of what is going on in other peoples lives and why we shouldn't try to judge them based on what little we do know.

Funk 50
07-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Well I'm delighted with the temporary outcome. I was unaware that Randy was having mental health issues but hopefully the court intervention is the first step to a better future for all, including Lana.

I wonder if Joe will give Randy a call. I've always felt that Randy and Joe didn't really get on but as a recovering addict, Joe embraces the obligation to help fellow sufferers.

It's an unpleasant headline but it's the Dirty Laundry that attracts attention.

Brooke
07-09-2015, 09:36 AM
That's too bad. A very sad situation.

AG, I can't imagine that photo being from 1961. Maybe 1971 or even 81?

secret squirrel
07-09-2015, 10:43 AM
More on Randy's problems here.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy-meisner-murder-suicide-threat/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4572276

Hope that he gets any help he needs.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-best-bond-theme-that-never-was-rise.html

NightMistBlue
07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
The photo is from 1981.

Funk, Randy and Joe got along extremely well and were good friends.

AlreadyGone95
07-09-2015, 01:36 PM
The photo is from 1981.

Funk, Randy and Joe got along extremely well and were good friends.

Ah, I thought so, probably a typo.

It would be nice of Joe to help an old friend :)

NightMistBlue
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM
If he's able to get through. Let's hope so. Joe is a wonderful, positive example. He absolutely turned his life around.

It's just horrible to think of Randy suffering like this. Everyone says he's a sweet, gentle guy. I pray it all works out somehow to his benefit.

NOLA
07-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Agree with all of you! Shocking revelations coupled with a sad situation are never a good thing, especially in the case of someone who appears to be in a vulnerable state of mind.

I just hope all the armchair lawyers and publicity vultures stay out of this private matter. Too many people think they know what's going on, and I feel it may cause more harm than good in the long run. No pun intended.

With that said, I wish Randy all the best.

SilverAcidRayne
07-09-2015, 11:02 PM
um.... hey everyone. i dont believe a word this article says. but i saw that Don Felder posted it. i really hope to god it's not true. i wanted to share it wiith you guys :-(

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/former-eagles-member-randy-meisner-allegedly-threatened-murder-suicide-20150709

VAisForEagleLovers
07-09-2015, 11:15 PM
um.... hey everyone. i dont believe a word this article says. but i saw that Don Felder posted it. i really hope to god it's not true. i wanted to share it wiith you guys :-(

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/former-eagles-member-randy-meisner-allegedly-threatened-murder-suicide-20150709

It says exactly the same thing as the Daily News article, so I believe it's true, unfortunately.

SilverAcidRayne
07-09-2015, 11:46 PM
oh dammit.

Funk 50
07-10-2015, 09:35 AM

Former Eagles Member Randy Meisner Allegedly Threatened Murder-Suicide

As unpleasant as it is, SilverAcidRayne, I haven't heard any denials. Randy's wife apparently stormed out of the courtroom rather than challenge the allegations.

It'd certainly explain Randy's absence from the HOTE tour and The Eagles' discretion in not going into detail about it.

Even with Felder's past record with tact and diplomacy, I'm surprised he posted this :doh:

NightMistBlue
07-10-2015, 10:11 AM
That was a questionable choice of article (very sloppy "reporting" too - if RS is going to merely rephrase other articles, they should at least keep the facts straight) however, Don's sentiment was lovely: "My prayers are with my dear friend and ex-band mate Randy Meisner. One of the nicest and most gentle souls on this earth. May God be with you buddy."

And Felder sure reaches a lot of people. Most of the 500+ comments say they're praying for Randy - that can only be a good thing. I hope Randy somehow learns how many people appreciate his musical gifts, love him and care about his well-being.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-10-2015, 10:50 AM
When a story hits the wire, most post it as-is.

NightMistBlue
07-10-2015, 11:16 AM
RS is the only one who reported that Lana made the cocaine/clowns call to James Newton; all the others reported that call was made to nurse Marla Dodd. The latter is a strange story in itself - you can read her posts on the other Eagles fan site and her own Facebook page. With friends like these, as the saying goes.

AlreadyGone95
07-10-2015, 12:43 PM
I guess that we'll have to wait until the main hearing in September for the facts to come out (if they ever do). It's nice to see that others do care and are wishing Randy the best :).

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-16-2015, 06:09 PM
I just heard about this on the sirius xm radio. A lot of Eagles songs especially Take It To The Limit have really helped me out when I'm feeling down. I've always felt like I owe the Eagles for all the hard times they got me through. My friend suggested that I send Randy a card to return the favor and help him out. I know I can't write a beautiful song like Take It To The Limit but I feel like this my chance to show how thankful I am. Now Randy needs to know that he's loved and he needs to be reminded to take it to the limit just as he reminded me so many times. Are you guys with me on this or am I too over the top? :worried:

AlreadyGone95
07-17-2015, 12:49 AM
I do think that that is a good idea SRMW, even though I'm way too chicken to do something like that. It would be cool if Randy could know how much he means to his fans. However, is there an address to send a card/letter to, like a fan address? If there is, I say go for it! :)

Brooke
07-17-2015, 10:08 AM
I don't think it would be wrong to send Randy a card, but the only Eagles address I've ever seen is this one:

Eagles Touring Company (ETC)
1100 Glendon Avenue, Suite 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90024

If you put Randy's name at the top, maybe they will forward it to him. I'm sure they all get fan mail, still.

ETA: Is this still correct, Soda? Or whoever knows?

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2015, 11:27 AM
It is still correct, yes.

Funk 50
09-02-2015, 04:23 PM
I can't quite figure out what's going on here. It must be some mutually beneficial relationship with the Catherine Falk Organisation.

https://www.facebook.com/catherinefalkorganization?hc_location=ufi

Over the weekend they've published some recent photos of Randy
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.900017406749686.1073741853.732035176881244&type=3

Randy Meisner: "To all my wonderful fans, thank you for the amazing show of support. I love you all so much!" 8/29/15

There's a lot on the page that I can't make any sense of but these are bits I understand;

Lana & Randy are doing well. I am in constant communication with both of them and I will continue to advocate for their constitutional freedoms while providing the support they need to get through this....tough period of their life.

People can attempt to post negative articles about Randy Meisner to my page but it will be deleted and you will be banned.

All comments made in this thread have been given to Randy today. Thank you.

NightMistBlue
09-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Funk, Catherine Falk is an advocate for protection of the elderly and other vulnerable people from U.S. conservatorship practices/laws. She is advising Randy and his wife on their current legal difficulties.

Ms. Falk is the daughter of actor Peter Falk, who died from Alzheimer's several years ago. Mr. Falk's children were not allowed by his (second) wife to visit him in the final years of his life.

DJ
09-02-2015, 06:26 PM
I can't quite figure out what's going on here. It must be some mutually beneficial relationship with the Catherine Falk Organisation.

https://www.facebook.com/catherinefalkorganization?hc_location=ufi

Over the weekend they've published some recent photos of Randy
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.900017406749686.1073741853.732035176881244&type=3

There's a lot on the page that I can't make any sense of but these are bits I understand;

All I'll say Funk is don't always believe everything that is printed on FB. :)

Funk 50
09-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Funk, Catherine Falk is an advocate for protection of the elderly and other vulnerable people from U.S. conservatorship practices/laws. She is advising Randy and his wife on their current legal difficulties.

Ms. Falk is the daughter of actor Peter Falk, who died from Alzheimer's several years ago. Mr. Falk's children were not allowed by his (second) wife to visit him in the final years of his life.

Thanks NightMistBlue, it looks like Ms. Falk wants to help family members who want the opportunity to visit relatives yet Randy doesn't want any contact with his immediate family.

Now it's September, I think some judgement in Randy's case is due.

NightMistBlue
09-03-2015, 10:40 AM
There are several hearings scheduled for this month, but I'm not sure when a final decision will be reached.

Quoting the Funkster: "... it looks like Ms. Falk wants to help family members who want the opportunity to visit relatives..."
That's true, she works as an advocate for visitation laws and also to raise awareness on cases of conservator neglect/fraud.

MaryCalifornia
09-03-2015, 12:22 PM
I was surprised by her references to bi-polar disorder, alcohol abuse and prior drug use at the beginning of her post. Has Randy discussed or admitted to any of these conditions? Her position should be that he is in good physical and emotional health and is being appropriately cared for by his wife and doctors - full stop. She needs to coordinate with his lawyers and PR people!!

p.s. The Funkster! Love it!!

Edit: OK, now that thing she wrote appears to have been deleted since two days ago - Soda and Shun must have seen it, too, though. It's not there now. Guess she did hear from his lawyers.

NightMistBlue
09-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Mary! I was hoping you'd check in, counselor :)

AFAIK, Randy doesn't have PR people. No management either. I haven't ever read or heard him speak about substance abuse.

Snap! I missed that posting where Catherine said that stuff. Before, she's spoken of those issues within the context of: this is what the petitioners have said about Randy.

Catherine's own view is that Randy is clear-minded and on a healthier path. In her previous posts on Facebook - at least the ones I've read - she's said in a general way (not referring to Randy) that someone having an alcohol or drug issue is not reason enough for someone else to step in and take conservatorship.

Mary, do you have any work experience with conservator cases? I know very little about it, but some of stories on CF's site are appalling. People lose their civil rights and all their money sometimes.

MaryCalifornia
09-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Nope. I do business contracts.

chaim
09-07-2015, 02:14 PM
My two cents...

I hope that people (and the media) won't keep repeating the "I'll take all the pills at once" thing like a mantra just for the shock value. Number one, it can be a scream for help. Number two, people do say stuff like that. I hate to mention this in public, but one person close to me (24 years older than me) kept repeating "I'll take all my pills" to me throughout my childhood. I've seen it, so it's not SHOCKING to see that Randy has said this (if he has). I've seen another person threaten to kill him/herself in a terrible way. Neither one was actually going to do it. These were passing situations, and I certainly won't be remembering them as "shocking incidents" that will haunt me the rest of my life. The thing is to get better. The only thing that counts is that Randy's going to be well and happy if he isn't at the moment. He's a human being. Plus, he's still Randy bloody Meisner.

If anything good can come out of a situation like this, I hope that more people will recognize that this guy played and sang on all the Eagles albums except The Long Run when they were first together. He's criminally unknown.

It is wonderful to see that so many people wish Randy well - not only on this forum. I do know that he has always had a dark side, but perhaps that's the price for being such a sweet guy most of the time. Well, let's face it, who doesn't have a dark side. It just seems more shocking when a really sweet person has one.

NightMistBlue
09-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Thank you, chaim - wonderfully said. I hope that Randy will have the opportunity to tell his own story, if he chooses to do so. No one can tell it but him.

Funk 50
09-17-2015, 03:03 AM
There seems to be very little about this on the internet.
Without L&M's Fast Lane page, I may have missed it altogether.

Maybe they intentionally publicised this as all the Henley/Walsh hubbub is going on. Both sided of the Meisner dispute have settled out of court with no further comment.

I hope it's good news, I presume so.

http://lawestmedia.com/lawest/settlement-reached-in-eagles-randy-meisners-probate-case/

SilverAcidRayne
09-17-2015, 03:37 PM
yes I saw this... its awesome news lol

AlreadyGone95
09-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, I'm glad that the case has been resolved. Again, I say that I hope that outcome was whatever is best for Randy.

sodascouts
09-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Agreed. We can only hope everything has turned out as it should.

09-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Yep - all we can do is hope that Randy gets the proper care and attention he needs so he can live a peaceful, fruitful, and healthy life. I wish him the very best.

travlnman2
09-21-2015, 04:48 PM

But still it's awfully good to hear something from Randy himself - it's been over 2 years. He speaks perfectly well, in fact he's more articulate than the young camera man.

P.S. This is the Randy clip from yesterday's TMZ show [warning for sensitive, intelligent people: it is a crass, crass show populated by vile, soulless people]:
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ysbfgjma/

Those at tmz are terrible human beings. Well welcome to the 21st century world of celebrities randy hope your doing okay.

travlnman2
09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Of all the Eagles songs Take It To The Limit is the only one that comes at me in a very powerful way. Such a thoughtful song I love the DC 77 live version the way Glenn smiles when Randy does the high notes. Wish you well Randy

LuvTim
09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Of all the Eagles songs Take It To The Limit is the only one that comes at me in a very powerful way. Such a thoughtful song I love the DC 77 live version the way Glenn smiles when Randy does the high notes. Wish you well Randy

DC 77 show is my favorite live TITTL, too, tm. I've played that youtube video over and over again. It's so great when Randy hits it spot-on, knows it, and then Glenn gives him the props! :rockon:

UndertheWire
11-04-2015, 01:22 PM
There's a comment on Randy's situation from Don Henley in a recent interview he did with the Classic Rock magazine.

I hear former Eagles bassist Randy Meisner is having health problems. Isn't it ironic because Randy was the clean-cut one who kept away from everything?

No, he didn't keep away from everything. None of us kept away from everything. [Pause]. He went deeper into it as he got older, and just kept going. Every young man goes through a self-destructive streak. Some last longer than others and it's much harder for some men to pull themselves out of it. A lot of it has to do with how one feels about one's self. But we've been there for Randy and done everything we could, and now it's in the hands of an executor, who has been appointed by the courts to handle his affairs.

NightMistBlue
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Thank you, UtW. Can you give a few more details about the interview this came from - there are a number of sources that use the name. Do you have a date or a link for the article? Thanks :)

Is it the one that has a headline like, You Can't Be a Pansy or a Pushover?

UndertheWire
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Is it the one that has a headline like, You Can't Be a Pansy or a Pushover?
Yes, that's the one. November 2015, Hollywood Vampires cover.

Looks like it's online but you may need to be a subscriber to read it. http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2015-10-06/don-henley-you-can-t-be-a-pushover-or-a-pansy

sodascouts
11-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Thanks for that.