PDA

View Full Version : ITunes

dcinga
05-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Hey Y'all, New Member here.

I do not know if this has been posted yet or not, but Don's albums have been mastered for iTunes for those for you who enjoy such.

The sound quality is amazing. I was hoping this would would happen when they remastered the Eagles collections on iTunes a few years ago. I downloaded them all today and have been very impressed with the audio quality. The price is exceptional too.

I also noticed that "I Can't Stand Still" and " Inside Job" are copyrighted to Don Henley and Past Masters Holdings, LLC rather than Geffen Records, as the other albums are. Does Don now have ownership of his own label?

sodascouts
05-06-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm so freaking glad to hear they are finally available as high quality iTunes downloads. It opens them up to a new audience, especially since the old albums were out of print (I had to buy mine used - now with iTunes, Don can get some royalties).

I also noticed that "I Can't Stand Still" and " Inside Job" are copyrighted to Don Henley and Past Masters Holdings, LLC rather than Geffen Records, as the other albums are. Does Don now have ownership of his own label?

Interesting observation - I'm not sure about that. I looked up the company and I can't find much out about it readily, except that it's based in Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if Don took some measures, though, to retain more control over his work.

Welcome, BTW!

WalshFan88
05-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Don is on iTunes?!

Somebody better go check on him and make sure he isn't being held against his will! :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I know, right? lol!

I guess he isn't as set in his ways as we'd thought. Major props to Don Henley!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-06-2015, 03:40 PM
ITunes and two Facebook posts. Is the world still turning?