PDA

View Full Version : Lissa in Hospital

sodascouts
07-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi guys,

I took Lissa to the emergency room several hours ago with back, chest, and arm pains. Turns out one of her arteries was 70% blocked. She got a stint (sp?) put in and is out of danger, but as you can imagine Atlantic City is out. If you want an address to send get-well cards, PM me.

~

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Freypower
07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
That's terrible. I have the address & will send a card.

sodascouts
07-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks, Julie. :)

~

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

tengo ritmo
07-26-2006, 02:04 AM
That's awful, but I'm so glad she'll be all right now. That's such a scary thing when that happens. I'll be thinking about her.

---

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas ;)

Z
07-26-2006, 05:34 AM
OMG! How awful -- especially to be away from home when it happened. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Molly
07-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Thank goodness you reacted quickly, soda, and got the appropriate help she needed.

Make sure Lissa knows we're all thinking about her.

Witchy Mummy
07-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh no! Poor Lissa :( Send my love to her, Nancy and tell her that me and the poopers hopes she feels better soon.

glenneaglesfan
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh, what an awful thing to happen. Poor Lissa. Thank goodness you got her to hospital quickly.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Ive always been a dreamer
07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Lissa - Get well soon! We are all thinking about you and will keep you in our thoughts. I'm sure you will have a full recovery and will be as good as new very soon. Please keep your spirits high and know that you have a lot of friends here.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

sodascouts
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the sympathy and good thoughts, guys! I will tell her you all are thinking of her, although she already knows we've all been pulling for her! I'll just reinforce it. :)

~

MizCB
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh God, how awful! I do hope Lissa feels better soon.

sodascouts
07-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks, Char. Turns out she did suffer a mild heart attack after all, but she seems to be doing fine other than a lingering pain in her shoulder and back. I doubt she'll be released today, though.

~

Witchy Mummy
07-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh Lissa :( Thanks for keeping us updated Nancy. Hope you are doing okay too. We are still, of course, sending lots of love her way and wishing her a speedy recovery.

timfan
07-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Well i'm glad it was mild! Please tell her she is loved!!

glenneaglesfan
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Nancy. Please keep sending our very best to Lissa. We're all thinking of her.

~~~

This way to happiness...

DonFan
07-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Nancy, please give my best to Lissa as well.

My husband had a stint put in one of his arteries over five years ago--he went in for a routine physical and they saw a "shadow" in his heart, which turned out to be a 60% blockage too--but he did fine and is still fine now (and he is the same age as Don).

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Lissa! I know you will be feeling better soon.

Witchy Mummy
07-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks Nancy. Fingers crossed she will be out soon. Thanks again for keeping us informed with how she is doing.

sodascouts
07-27-2006, 03:03 PM
A lot of you guys have been asking when she'll be released, and finally the doctors have ventured to say she might be released tomorrow. However, she can't fly until Friday of next week at the earliest, so you guys can go ahead and send the get-well cards to my address until then. PM me for it.

Thanks again everyone! Let me add that I just came from visiting Lissa and she looks much better today.

~

PinkCoatGirl
07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I've already said it but will say it again...poor thing!!! I feel SO awful for her, and my thoughts and prayers are with her completely. So glad it was only a mild attack...but even still...so scary.

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

Freypower
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
I concur. I am thinking of her. Thanks for clearing that up about the address.

glenneaglesfan
07-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Glad to hear that Lissa's looking a bit better and might be allowed out. Thanks for letting us use your address, Nancy.

~~~

This way to happiness...

sodascouts
07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Lissa's been released today! Yay!

~

Witchy Mummy
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
That's wonderful news! I am really glad she is on the mend. We have all been worried about her.

glenneaglesfan
07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
That's great news! Thanks, Nancy!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Freypower
07-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Good. That's really good news.

timfan
07-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Great news!! Give her a hug for me!!

Molly
07-29-2006, 03:45 PM
That's wonderful to hear! Luv ya, Lissa! Feel better!

07-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I talked to Lissa briefly last night and she sounded wonderful albeit a little weak. She appeared to be in very good spirits, especially when I 'shared' some moments with her about the A/C show. ;) I'm sure she is eager to get home, but she is lucky to have a friend like Nancy who is looking after her. Get well soon, Lissa.

~~~~~~

sodascouts
07-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Aw thanks Kay, but I just did what anyone else would do. :)

~

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 03:08 AM
I was SO glad to hear that she was released...so very happy that she is on the mend.

She was most definitely with us all in spirit at AC, to be sure. :)

-----

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

Witchy Mummy
07-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks Kay. It's nice to know she is in good spirits. Hope you are feeling better very soon Lissa!!

Nancy definitely wins the 'friend of the year' award ;)

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Nancy definitely wins the 'friend of the year' award

Definitely!

Thanks, Kay, for keeping us in touch about Lissa. Very pleased she's feeling better. I'm sure hearing about the show will lift spirits!!

~~~

This way to happiness...

sodascouts
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
well, my only regret is that I know how it must've broken Glenn's heart that we weren't there. I can see him now, in his dressing room, weeping after the show. "Why have they abandoned me?! Don't they love me anymore?!" With an anguished cry, he buries his face in his hands, falls to his knees, and proceeds to sob uncontrollably. "WHY GOD WHY?!"

Such a tragedy. ;)

~

07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
LOL Nancy - I'm sure that's exactly the way it happened!

~~~~~~

PinkCoatGirl
08-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Nancy definitely wins the 'friend of the year' award

I concur!

And yes, Nancy, LOL...I'm quite sure that was it. You know, during Desperado, I saw some liquid falling from his closed eyes...at the time I figured it was just sweat that had dripped down near his eyes, but now that you mention it, I'm corrected: they were tears. "THEY DIDN'T COME!!?! WHY...OH WHY, OH WHY??? WHERE ARE MY GIRLS?!?!" ;)

-----

Perfect Little Sister
08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Thank you, everyone, for all the thoughts and love. (((cyber hugs to y'all))) I'm home now and still sooooo tired. I'm sure that will get better. I'm so bummed that I missed AC! I tried to get Nancy to go without me but she wouldn't. At 8:00 we looked at each other and sniffled. lol I just keep telling myself he'll tour again. He HAS to...I missed his last show! :lol: Anyway...thanks again and love to all!

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
After the thrill is gone.

08-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah Lissa - you're back. Glad you are home and on the mend. Try to get plenty of rest and work on regaining your strength. You are going to need it for the next round of 'excellent adventures.' ;)

~~~~~~

Molly
08-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Give it time, Lissa. You'll be as good as new before you know it! Take care of yourself. We're all thinking about you.

Freypower
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Welcome back Lissa, and take care of yourself.

timfan
08-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Lissa

Glad to hear your starting to feel better. I have missed chatting with you. Get lots of rest and remember you're a strong lady and you'll come back better than ever!! so all i can say is Glenn watch out!! Lissa will be back to see you again!! :D

Kath

Z
08-09-2006, 08:20 PM
That was quite a scare you gave us, Sweetie, but the fact that you're okay is all that matters. Now put all your concentration into getting stronger. It's frustrating that it takes time, but I know that you'll be as good as new!

Z

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

DonFan
08-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Welcome home, Lissa! I'm glad you are on the mend. We were all thinking of you!

-Dana

tengo ritmo
08-10-2006, 01:21 AM
Lissa! I'm very glad to know you're recovering, and hopefully you'll get to make up that lost show in the near future, eh? ;)

---

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas ;)

Witchy Mummy
08-10-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm so glad you are feeling better and are on the mend. We were very worried about you, hun. Sending a big kiss from the poopers, take care.

Elsbeth xox

glenneaglesfan
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
We are all so pleased to hear from you again, Lissa, after your nasty scare, Keep on getting well, and write to Mr Frey to tell him to carry on with his shows so that you get another chance!

~~~

This way to happiness...

PinkCoatGirl
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
At 8:00 we looked at each other and sniffled.

Believe me, I looked west and thought of you guys when the show began, haha... There will *definitely* be future shows though. I just know it. He'll at least have to do The Nancy and Lissa Special--he can't end off his solo shows without you guys being present for the last one! No..just no! :)

This is a tad bit late (as I said just now in the Glenn forum, I haven't had any time on here in forever...you'd think the roomies would have taken advantage of the fact that I was basically gone for 2 weeks and then let me have a turn when I got back, haha, but apparently not) but I am *so* glad you are home and doing so much better!

-----

Perfect Little Sister
08-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Bree. I got the card yesterday!!! Thank you so much!!! Girl, you rock! It totally blew my mind! (but there are a couple I can't read lol)

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
After the thrill is gone.

glenneaglesfan
08-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Lissa! Welcome back! Hope you are feeling a bit better now!

~~~

This way to happiness...