PDA

View Full Version : Official Site revamped with new photos

sodascouts
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Check it out guys! And be sure to visit the photos section!

http://www.eaglesband.com

Maleah
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I am LOOOOOVING the new page!! I didn't like the whole pop-up thing. This is very well done with the colors and the layout! LOVE it!

sodascouts
10-16-2007, 01:46 AM
I didn't like the pop-up aspect of the other one either, and I love the new photos/graphics! The photo page is nicely done. The Javascript buttons look good, too.

That said, I found the other set up with the little record player menus to be far more professional-looking than this current one. The new layout lacks the sophistication of the older one. If I were shown this without the labels stating that it was the official site, I might guess it was a site put together by a skilled amateur fan. The fonts and column structuring are reminiscent of default blogger layouts such as Scribe and Minima. Some of the thumbnails of the albums in the discography are not even the same size (see Glenn's NFA) and are of variable picture quality (see the thumbnail for The Long Run). It's like they grabbed the images off of a variety of other sites!

I do find the new music player nicer to look at and easier to use, except that if you choose to open it up in a new window, you will lose it entirely if you close that media player window. Refreshing will not bring it back - only closing the browser and then reopening the page will.

I do believe the page is under construction still, though, and hopefully it will improve.

tbs fanatic
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Love the new look, love the new photos - just overall loving it :lol:

EasyFeeling
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Ooooh, the new site looks so much better now. :D

Brooke
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I like it a lot better. :applause:

DonFan
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I found the other set up with the little record player menus to be far more professional-looking than this current one. The new layout lacks the sophistication of the older one. If I were shown this without the labels stating that it was the official site, I might guess it was a site put together by a skilled amateur fan.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I actually liked the other site, including the record player--it was unique. This one is a bit generic-looking.

However, if this new site will be updated more often with new info, I'll be happy.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I also agree with Soda and DF. Although most of the graphics on the new site are great, I loved the old site with the album covers. However, I totally agree that if they keep this one more current than they did the old one, then it's all good!

JoeFan
10-17-2007, 02:07 AM
I prefered the other as well, the new one still looks quite good though.

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2007, 04:30 AM
I also liked the layout of the older one and thought the old style record player looked very well. In saying that I suppose they want the site to appeal to a generation who would consider such a player to be a dinosaur only for for mom and dads attic!

However if they keep the new site better updated than they did the old one its all for the better.

Yes the pics are brilliant Soda! Can't wait to show that TIMMY one on the front page to the daughter!

Freypower
01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I just thought I'd mention that the link to eaglesband.com in my favourites list now shows a tiny version of the photo of them staring into the desert!

sodascouts
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm digging up this old thread to ask if anyone else has found that eaglesband.com crashes their Firefox browser? I haven't been able to get on it from my laptop for months unless I use Internet Explorer, although it works fine at home in both Firefox and IE.

ticky
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
works fine in Chrome. Have you tried updating your quicktime?

it also contains adobe flash player.. you might want to update that as well..

TimothyBFan
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm ok here on my laptop with Firefox.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Mine also crashes with Firefox, but I have been having major pc issues so I thought it was just me. :-?

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I only use IE!!

Koala
03-06-2009, 03:30 AM
I use Firefox or IE.
With Firefox everything runs without problems!

sodascouts
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks, guys. It probably is my Flash player or Quicktime. I'll have to make sure they're upgraded.

Brooke
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I use IE at work and Safari at home. I have used Firefox, but can't tell much difference. Are there benefits to FF?