PDA

View Full Version : Don's official website has gotten an overhaul

Tori
06-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Don's official website has gotten an overhaul (donhenley.com). That's something we haven't seen in a WHILE!

AlreadyGone95
06-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Don's official website has gotten an overhaul (donhenley.com). That's something we haven't seen in a WHILE!

I like the look of the homepage!

MaryCalifornia
06-12-2015, 12:03 AM
The tweets are so cool. This is very exciting! Can't wait to hear these songs after hearing the titles.

Is that really Don's official website? It's sort of...shall we say...retro? Think he'll be enlisting the services of ground(ctrl)???:hilarious: He should for this big album launch!

http://www.joewalsh.com/
http://glennfreyafterhours.com/
http://timothybschmit.com/

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I hope not. ground(ctrl) blows!! Anyway, right now it's nothing more than a basic template, but I daresay more will be added as the release date approaches.

ETA: SHOOT. I just checked the credits and it is indeed being designed by ground(ctrl) which is now known as "Wonderful Union." I hope their "Wonderful Union" involves no longer screwing over fans. I swear, they must know someone.

Still waiting for that Fleetwood Mac tourbook that's been "on backorder" for TWO YEARS (which I paid for and never received).... just one of my many horror stories and I'm not the only fan whose orders have been bungled, whose money has been taken without services fulfilled, whose products have taken literally months to arrive (if they ever arrive at all), and who has received crap customer service... don't get me started on the FM VIP ticket debacle where they sold the same front row ticket to eight different people that I'm aware of (and yes I was one of them)... but I digress.

So... let's just say I'm very excited for Don's album and I'm glad they are updating the site.

MaryCalifornia
06-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Who has a good website? (Besides this one, obviously) Probably the youngins like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift - I'm going to check.

Edit: here is a Capitol artist's website http://www.katyperry.com/

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 12:54 AM
Yes, and Katy Perry's site is not designed by "Wonderful Union" - so Azoff or somebody else in both the Mac and Eagles camps has been giving them the work.

MaryCalifornia
06-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Wait, this is weird - the site changed from when I first checked just a short while ago! Now it looks nice. What the heck? Now it says Cass County. The one I saw less than an hour ago was from, like, the 90s and had news headlines from 2007. I think they're literally working on it now!

Now I know why Timothy's site has that pink butterfly-looking logo on the tab - its Wonderful Union.

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Wait, this is weird - the site changed from when I first checked just a short while ago! Now it looks nice. What the heck? Now it says Cass County. The one I saw was from, like, the 90s and had news headlines from 2007. I think they're literally working on it now!

MC, if you'll check Soda's post several pages back (post #422), you'll see our discussion about the outdated site :lol:.

I'm on my phone, so it might be different from a computer, but I see a black and white photo of Don from the rear on home page with Cass County written to the right of him.

MaryCalifornia
06-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Yes, that's what I'm seeing too, it looks great. It is not what I saw an hour ago when I clicked on the link that Tori provided, so weird. Anyway, it's all looking good now! YES - the one Soda referenced in post 422 is the one I just saw and I thought that WAS the new version. I was like, uhhh...what was it like before?:hilarious: I signed up for the mailing list.

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:14 AM
Yes, that's what I'm seeing too, it looks great. It is not what I saw an hour ago when I clicked on the link that Tori provided, so weird. Anyway, it's all looking good now! YES - the one Soda referenced in post 422 is the one I just saw and I thought that WAS the new version. I was like, uhhh...what was it like before?:hilarious: I signed up for the mailing list.

Ok, now my phone has gone back to the old site! :headscratch: :confused:

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 01:23 AM
It's probably a cache issue. if you've visited Don's old site in the past, your browser may have stored the old images and may continue to show them despite the fact that the website has been changed. Refresh it and if it still doesn't show the new site, clear your cache.

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:23 AM
Seriously, what the heck is going on? I've tried 3 times to go to Don's site (the new version) and sign up for the emails. Each time, my phone goes to the old site. Has anyone else gone to the new site and then tried to go back, but is sent to the old one?

I'm completely puzzled here, unless the designers have taken down the new one because it's not complete? Then again, the old one isn't complete either. I clicked on "biography" while there, and it says biography coming soon". :lol:

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Soda, I did that and it's still sending me back to the old site. Just 20 minutes ago, I was on the new site.
If it wasn't so late, I'd get on the computer to check. I'll try again later.

ETA: I even restarted my phone and that didn't work!

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 01:30 AM
I see the new one on both my computer and my cell phone. :confused:

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Ok, this is weird. I've been clicking on the link posted on here to go to his site (I have it set up to display 40 posts instead of 10). I decided to use Google search and typed in Don's name. The writing under the official site on the search said "best of Don Henley available now",but when I clicked on it, I see the new site.

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Well, I'm signed up for the newsletter now, and that's what matters :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 01:47 AM
I think that there's something going on with the link, like it's redirecting me. (It's still doing that)
If anyone has any problems like did with the link, search for Don on whatever search engine you use, and try going that route. It worked for me!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2015, 07:13 AM
It's probably two or more servers with a proxy out front that does load balancing. Depending on when you try to access it, it sends you to one server or the other. Perhaps one has been upgraded and one has not, or the software up front has a bug in it. Or, they aren't done with it yet.

I've had issues with "Wonderful Union" myself, but on the other hand, when ordering from Joe's site, I made a mistake and ordered something twice. I didn't realize it and they called me to ask me if I'd meant to do that.

As with everything, you get the level of service you pay for, and while I'm not saying they are completely competent, I am saying it's likely they aren't being paid to be any better. As for orders getting filled, it's possible that's LiveNation. Wonderful Union just does the front end, as far as I know. Soda, for your back-ordered item for FM, it wouldn't hurt to contact LN as well and see.

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Oh, I've done all that, VA. I spent hours trying to sort out the VIP mess with them. When you and several others get screwed over for hundreds of dollars, you make sure that you are dealing with the people responsible when you attempt to get matters resolved. I didn't just assume they were at fault! The vip thing was not through LN's site. In terms of the products, they have never advised me to contact LN but rather they have just blown me off.

I am glad you had a good experience though. :)

Anyway, it's great that the site is being updated and I look forward to new information being added.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Oh, I've done all that, VA. I spent hours trying to sort out the VIP mess with them. When you and several others get screwed over for hundreds of dollars, you make sure that you are dealing with the people responsible when you attempt to get matters resolved. I didn't just assume they were at fault! The vip thing was not through LN's site. In terms of the products, they have never advised me to contact LN but rather they have just blown me off.

I am glad you had a good experience though. :)

Anyway, it's great that the site is being updated and I look forward to new information being added.

I had one great experience and several so-so experiences. I think you're many bad experiences far outweigh the good. Yet I'll say it again, the level of service is dictated by contract, and if it doesn't meet the contract, the entity in charge of the contract needs to enforce it. The fact that Don's site is run by them tells me that Eagles management doesn't see anything wrong with the performance of this company, and they feel they are getting what they pay for.

Brooke
06-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I get the new front page and that's it. I guess they must be working on it and will add more......

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2015, 10:32 AM
It's like deja vu... I call it 'testing in a production environment', and I'm currently combing the application I work on, finding instances of the same. We, at least, have no excuse as we do have test environments. Not everyone does.

There's been a lot of 'Don' activity with the preview yesterday, but all the tweets but one came from one person. With 100 journalists there, no other tweets, no articles. I have to wonder if the one person released information before she was supposed to? Perhaps the intent is to get things like Don's website squared away before a big announcement?

Brooke
06-12-2015, 11:03 AM
I know I wouldn't want to be that one person! :hilarious:

DivineDon
06-12-2015, 11:24 AM
...though she said it was brilliant and was 'songwriting that would rip your chest apart and pull out your heart!':hilarious:

A trifle dramatic but even if it's half as good as she says, it'll be worth the long, long, long wait :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 11:29 AM
I get the new front page and that's it. I guess they must be working on it and will add more......

That's all I see as well, Brooke.

AlreadyGone95
06-12-2015, 11:33 AM
It's like deja vu... I call it 'testing in a production environment', and I'm currently combing the application I work on, finding instances of the same. We, at least, have no excuse as we do have test environments. Not everyone does.

There's been a lot of 'Don' activity with the preview yesterday, but all the tweets but one came from one person. With 100 journalists there, no other tweets, no articles. I have to wonder if the one person released information before she was supposed to? Perhaps the intent is to get things like Don's website squared away before a big announcement?

I wouldn't be surprised if WE made the new site crash :lol:

I also wouldn't be surprised if the person who did the tweeting was supposed to keep things hush hush for a bit :shh:. It's almost impossible to keep things under wraps anymore. All it takes isone cell phone.

Freypower
06-12-2015, 10:40 PM

Same here.