PDA

View Full Version : Don Talks To The BBC

Freypower
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
The official site has this very interesting and funny interview up now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/the_ticket.shtml

You'll hear parts of LROOE, NMWITW, FGOTBP and IYWN. I've already listened and I want to make a few comments.

LROOE sounds totally amazing but it was too much for me to take in. I did find myself singing 'and it's a loooooong road.... out of Eden' several times later.

NMWITW is them doing ensemble harmonies. I got a chill down my spine. They sound totally awesome.

FGOTBP is more 'stripped back' - more like the Long Run songs. Don sounds very world weary. I think it could be a favourite. In the interview watch out for the comments on the cap coming off the toothpaste and how irritating that is. Do what we do Don - use separate tubes! :D

And as for IYWN =- has somebody finally told Glenn Frey that his finest hour was New Kid In Town? It's got trumpets on it. It sounds Mexican. Be still my beating heart. Tha's all except that Don states that a couple of lines from this song are among the most 'important' on the album. :bow:
You may also think the song sounds valedictory, to some extent.

sodascouts
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I took a listen. It's terrific! I'm so freaking excited about the new album, it's terrible!

NMWITW has gorgeous harmony but it sounds a bit depressing. I love what I've heard of IYWN. I like the chorus of LROOE, the way Don holds out "long" reminds of "Long Way Home."

DonFan
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought it was a great, too.
I love the Spanish flavor of It's Your World Now, and I cannot wait to hear all of LROOE--all these little tidbits are drivng me crazy! :wink:

Brooke
10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
:shock: Wow! I love everything I heard! So far! Sounds wonderful. I can't wait either! Thanks for that Fp! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
10-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Awwww - These songs are so wonderful. The excitement is really beginning to build. Man, this is going to be fun! :D

Maleah
10-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!! I can't waaaaaiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts......... :D

LROOE - This song sounds absolutely brilliant as far as the writing and Don's vocals are great so far! Love the way he holds out the "loooooong" like everyone else has said.

NMWITW - Oh my gosh....GORGEOUS harmonies!!!!!

FGOTBP - Like FP says, this one sounds like it could be one of my favorites too. I love the beat and the style to it. The guitar sounds awesome!!!!!!!

IYWN - I'm not normally a fan of the horns and mexican style, but Glenn sounds great on this!

glenneaglesfan
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Great find, Fp, thanks for the link!

IYWN is very moving. I mst admit a bit of a lump came to my throat when Don said it was probably going to be their last album.

FGOTBP sounds like Don solo at his best.

I love the harmonies on NMWITW, and the title track sounds as if it's going to be very profound.

Counting down the days...

EasyFeeling
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
OK, apart from the fact I didn't understand all what they were saying :wink: I like what I've heard so far. Not sure about NMWITW. Like Soda said the harmonies are great but it sounds a bit lame, IMO. Maybe I have to listen to it more often.

Freypower
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Great find, Fp, thanks for the link!

IYWN is very moving. I mst admit a bit of a lump came to my throat when Don said it was probably going to be their last album.

FGOTBP sounds like Don solo at his best.

I love the harmonies on NMWITW, and the title track sounds as if it's going to be very profound.

Counting down the days...

He said 'never say never'.

And 'lame'? EF, I am sorry but I must disagree. This is the Eagles at their absolute best.

EasyFeeling
10-19-2007, 04:09 AM
Oh, I've expected you would disagree, FP, no problem. :wink:

Perhaps lame is not the correct adjective. What I was trying to say was it's sounds a bit monotonous, boring or whatever. That was just my first impression. It does not have the same effect to me than the Joe song. But I have to listen to the entire song and probably more often before I can say I like it or I don't.
Don't forget we Germans pay particular attention to the melody. Then we hear the voice and if it sounds good we like the song, no matter how good or bad the lyrics are. Most of us don't care about it since it's a foreign language.
Of course this "procedure" has changed a bit for me because of you. :wink: Since you talk about the lyrics I pay much more attention to it than I used to do.

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
OK, apart from the fact I didn't understand all what they were saying :wink: I like what I've heard so far. Not sure about NMWITW. Like Soda said the harmonies are great but it sounds a bit lame, IMO. Maybe I have to listen to it more often.

Ok, forget what I've said about NMWITW... after hearing more of that song right now I'm really going to like it. Absolute great harmonies *sigh*

I had to come back... That Timmy song sounds AWESOME!!! Wow, now I'm getting really excited for the album. Caaaaaaaaan't wait! :D

Wow, I loooooooooooove Somebody. :D And now I'm listening to ILTWAWD for the first time, cool. :D

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 02:07 PM
That was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody is such an awesome song... and I also like Guilty Of A Crime. Looking forward to the next days. :D :D

Brooke
10-21-2007, 02:08 PM
WOW! Just finished listening to the interview! I LOVE all the songs I heard!

I think No More Walks in the Woods is absolutely beautiful with the a capella type arrangement.

They played How Long, too and Glenn told the story about finding it on the internet! :wink:

Busy Being Fabulous is fabulous!

Timmy's I Don't Want to Hear Anymore is beautiful!

Finally got to hear I Love To Watch A Woman Dance! Oh, Glenn! :smitten:

And SOMEBODY !!!!! A rocker by Glenn!!!!! Wonderful!

Joe's Guilty of the Crime was great, too!

Now, my question. Why did they pick Nicky Horne from overseas to do this and not someone here in the USA? :? :heart:

Freypower
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't have a clue about Somebody. Is it really a rocker?

Brooke
10-22-2007, 10:08 AM

Yes it is! And Glenn sounds different. I had to really listen to believe it was him. They played the whole song, but there were no comments on it. I really, really liked it.

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Yes it is! And Glenn sounds different. I had to really listen to believe it was him. They played the whole song, but there were no comments on it. I really, really liked it.

Me too, it sounds GREAT. :D