PDA

View Full Version : Eagles on Classic Gold this Sunday 21 October

glenneaglesfan
10-18-2007, 09:24 AM
WOW! Classic Gold have an exclusive FOUR PART interview with the Eagles starting this Sunday 21 October at 6pm BST!!

http://mygoldmusic.co.uk/Article.asp?id=494950

I can't get the digital broadcast where I am, and AM is poor quality, so I'll try and listen online. Can anyone record this?

sodascouts
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I'll be out of town on Sunday, to my anguish! But this is so exciting!

EasyFeeling
10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
I will record it, GEF. Hopefully my new recorder works. Does anyone know about the duration? :?

Brooke
10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Will we be able to get this on the internet on this side of the pond? If so, I'm tuning in!

EasyFeeling
10-18-2007, 01:35 PM
There will be a live stream so you can listen to it.

tbs fanatic
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
He's going to play every song on the CD??? I wonder if that will be a snippet of each song or the whole song each time??? If it's every song in its entirety plus chat it's going to be a long show. Actually I think I'd rather wait until I get the CD to hear all the songs. The interview should be interesting though.

glenneaglesfan
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, this was awesome. Nicky Horne spoke to all the band members, and we got to hear the whole versions of the first few songs. Glenn's story of How Long differed from his YouTube version - he explained it as finding the original Holland concert on another website. I LOVE Somebody, and I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow - we are so excited we are posting about this in three different threads! lol

EF and I both managed to copy this and are trying to upload it now. I didn't realize someone had started this thread, but it seems like the most appropriate one to discuss all this. I think I'll just copy my post in the other thread over here, so we can keep all the discussion in one place. :wink:

10-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Okay - here is my post that I copied over from the big album new thread. Nothing prophetic, but ....

Well - I just finished listening to Part 1 of the Capital Gold interview. It was awesome. I love all the songs. I know, I know - big shocker there! :wink: I recorded the interview in .wav file format - I never could figure out how to record it in mp3 even though I thought I had selected that option.

Edited to add: Anyway, the quality is not that great, so I'm hoping someone else managed to get better quality sound. If not, at least what I have is better than nothing. Anyway, they are playing the songs in order, so here's what they've played so far:

No More Walks in the Woods
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
I Love To Watch A Woman Dance
Somebody
Guilty of the Crime

glenneaglesfan
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks dreamer! I too tried to record it on a new system, so it remains to see if it has worked. I'll post up the links as soon as I can get my act together.

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, it's a mixup today. :wink: I'm still uploading and I hope I can post the download today. I have no idea why it takes so long but I've read it takes muc more time to upload it than to download. Ok, I'm still waiting... :roll:

timfan
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
That was a great hour spent :D. I loved all the songs, especially I Love To Watch A Woman Dance and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore! (what a shock there!!! :wink: ) I am soo looking forward to getting the CD now more than ever!! I have a feeling I am going to love the whole thing!!

Btw a funny little piece of info. When Tim was talking about Paul Carrack bringing him the part of the song IDWTHA, He mentions that Paul first brought it to him at the Twickenham show in 2006. I was sitting right behind Paul Carrack at that very concert!!

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry, the upload didn't work for some reason and it's late here in Germany, bedtime for me. I started emailing to some of you so I can go to bed now. :wink:

Brooke
10-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, here's my post from the other thread, too. I really don't know why I put it in that thread! lol

WOW! Just finished listening to the interview! I LOVE all the songs I heard!

I think No More Walks in the Woods is absolutely beautiful with the a capella type arrangement.

They played How Long, too and Glenn told the story about finding it on the internet!

Busy Being Fabulous is fabulous!

Timmy's I Don't Want to Hear Anymore is beautiful!

Finally got to hear I Love To Watch A Woman Dance! Oh, Glenn!

And SOMEBODY !!!!! A rocker by Glenn!!!!! Wonderful!

Joe's Guilty of the Crime was great, too!

Now, my question. Why did they pick Nicky Horne from overseas to do this and not someone here in the USA? :?

Edited to add: Dreamer how did you record it? I need a Mac version. Believe it or not, I used an old cassette recorder! :blush: Yup, sitting on the desk in front of the speakers on the computer! :shock: :lol: Hey, it worked!

10-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Of course, it was no big deal about posting in other threads. The very anal side of me just thought it would be easier to keep up with the discussion if it was in one thread. Either way, I bet I'll find what I want to. :wink:

Brooke, I downloaded the Phonostar Player that EF told me about to copy the stream.

www.phonostar.com/services/download/playerdownload.php

However, the problem now is getting it downloaded so we can post it here. EF's attempt failed, and now I have to go out for a while. I'll give it a try when I get home later this evening.

Brooke
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks dreamer. I don't think it's mac friendly though. :(

Just to add a few of the comments from the interview:

NMWITW reminded me of a CS & N song. Beautiful voices.

Don said that BBF will be the next single! Don gave up on it and Glenn helped finish it and insisted that it be on the album.

Tim said that he presented several songs that didn't work out and so he asked Paul Carrack for something and he sent him IDWTHA.

Nicky asked Glenn why they did a double album and he said they just kept coming up with more songs and didn't know what to leave off so....

Joe commented that it wasn't till the last 16-18 months that they knew they had enough material for an album. (It seems to me that we were discussing somewhere, things like, when will it come out, not if it will come out):?

All in all it was a great interview. I hope I'm not busy at work tomorrow so I can catch part 2! :pray:

Freypower
10-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the information everyone.

Nicky Horne has done very good interviews with Glenn in particular in the past (the Strange Weather one was superb) and I guess they felt comfortable with him.

Glad you liked the songs. I'm getting more intrigued by the minute.

DonFan
10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Brooke, I was busy with my family all day and completely missed the interview. What time is part 2 supposed to air tomorrow?

glenneaglesfan
10-22-2007, 04:05 AM
DF, it's being aired tonight and for the next two nights at 7pm British Summer Time, so that's an hour later than last night.

I've managed to record it in mp3 format using this programme.

http://applian.com/freecorder3/index.php

I'm sending attachments to Nancy via email - I hope it works.

Glenn gave a different explanation about How Long, saying his kids had caught the Holland show on a programme called 'Pop Gala' on the internet. Deacon came to his office and said "Dad, come here, you gotta see you, you gotta to see how you looked, man. You should see your hair..."!

I'm blown away. Glenn singing 'Somebody', a rocker and 'I Love To Watch A Woman Dance' which sounds country to me.

Mrs Frey
10-22-2007, 06:22 AM
I've just read through everyone's posts in this thread, and everything that has been said sounds so exciting! Gosh, how I wish I could have tuned in yesterday, and again tonight.

Here's a long shot: does anyone know if this station broadcasts on AM radio to South Africa? :pray:

Brooke
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
The show will air today at around 1 pm Central. I'm so hoping I will have all my work done so I can listen! :D

DonFan
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks Brooke--me too!

glenneaglesfan
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Df and MF, if you missed part 1 you may able to listen to it on the Listen Again feature on the streaming player. Scroll down to the Classic Album show - only trouble is you may have to listen to two hours of the rest of the programme first!

sodascouts
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm sending attachments to Nancy via email - I hope it works.

I appreciate it! As for me, I listened to the program. Amazing!

Glenn gave a different explanation about How Long, saying his kids had caught the Holland show on a programme called 'Pop Gala' on the internet. Deacon came to his office and said "Dad, come here, you gotta see you, you gotta to see how you looked, man. You should see your hair..."!

I think he said that Holland's Pop Gala was the original show's name, and not that it had been broadcast in full on the internet. Indeed, as far as I know, there is no footage of the other songs besides the four we have available either on the internet or in trade circles. Maybe the program only broadcast four on the television, and the rest hit the editing room floor.

I'm blown away. Glenn singing 'Somebody', a rocker and 'I Love To Watch A Woman Dance' which sounds country to me.

I'm really pleased that they played Somebody. Now we can all hear Glenn's only "rocker" - although in a couple weeks we'll all be hearing it with or without Capital Gold Radio!

sodascouts
10-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't have a clue about Somebody. Is it really a rocker?

Yes it is! And Glenn sounds different. I had to really listen to believe it was him. They played the whole song, but there were no comments on it. I really, really liked it.

Me too! I was like, "THAT'S Glenn?" Kind of turned me off, to be frank. I like to hear his voice as it is. Coincidentally, it's the same reason I don't really get into "Somebody Else" from The Allnighter.

So I listened to ILTWAWD one more time instead and got turned on all over again. ;)

Brooke
10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm still completely blown away with Somebody! I played the songs for my hubby and he liked it best of all.

I'm pumped about the new album! Can't wait! :D

Brooke
10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Ack! Have I screwed up on the time? I'm not getting anything!

Anybody?

DonFan
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm glad it's not just me, Brooke--I can't get anything either!

Brooke
10-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't get it. It was on at 12 noon yesterday and was supposed to be an hour later today. That would be at 1 pm. :?

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
It doesn' work for me. Any ideas? :? And my recorder doesn't play it either.

Brooke
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't know what's going on. Maybe their site is having trouble? :?

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I tried it 2 hours ago and it worked just fine. I don't get it. :?

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
It says Buffering 0 %. What about you, Brooke?

DonFan
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
It says buffering 0% for me too, EF.

Brooke
10-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Same thing for me. 0%

I checked listening to yesterdays show and that part worked.

I don't know what else to do.

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Same thing for me. 0%

I checked listening to yesterdays show and that part worked.

I don't know what else to do.

I did that too and it worked. It's just not my day... the upload of the first interview didn't work and now I couldn't hear the second part. :x

Brooke
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm hoping they are having a program problem and will broadcast it again. Surely no one is getting it. :(

:: fingers crossed emoticon ::

sodascouts
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I didn't get it either. Buffering 0%. We tried it on my friend's computer - same issue.

glenneaglesfan
10-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Same for me. :(
I was able to listen to it on Sky.
Don described some of the background of Long Road Out Of Eden, how the fertile marshes between the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers, south of Baghdad, drained by Saddam Hussein to access more oil, was thought to be the most likely site for the Garden of Eden, the cradle of mankind, and that as we drive our SUVs, we are metaphorically burning Eden. There is an image of a young soldier reciting the 23rd psalm with a rifle covered in dust - apparently the dust rendered the guns useless at times.
Glenn had written IDTWNW around the time of the Millenium concert. He felt no song could follow LROOE, that an instrumental piece would allow the listener time for contemplation.
They also played the HFO versions of Tequila Sunrise and Hotel California, and I Can't Tell You Why. Timothy made the comment that he was not an Alpha male type, that he held strong opinions but knew when to back down.
Don stated that right now they have no plans for touring. he is working on another solo project, and Glenn is going to be involved in musical theatre (?). He didn't entirely rule out that they would change their minds towards the end of next year.

DonFan
10-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I was SO surprised to read that Don said they would not tour next year--I was counting on that! I hope they will change their minds.

Don has been working on a solo album that he hopes to finish, however, so maybe I will get to see him a solo tour.

Brooke
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
NOT tour next year? Haven't they talked about touring already next year? It seems like they have. :o

timfan
10-23-2007, 09:46 AM
NOT tour next year? Haven't they talked about touring already next year? It seems like they have. :o

Many times they have.... including Joe in an interview/article in July... so I am taking a wait and see mentality with this... who knows! As has been said many times before nothing for certain in Eagles country until it is!! :)

It is understandable that they are exhausted and need some time apart from each other right now.. whether that lasts the whole year or not IMO I doubt it.

So fingers crossed that they do changed their minds but even if they don't, I'm hopeing for a new solo album from Tim!! :D

Brooke
10-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Surely they will to promote the new album. Surely! :pray:

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Hmmm... actually I don't care if they go on tour next year since I can't go to the USA, but I'm sorry for you all. But when I think about it... it's not good for me as well because when they tour in the USA first then I have to wait any longer before they come back to Europe. :?

Today my recorder is playing Gold. Hopefully it still works when the interview starts.

tbs fanatic
10-23-2007, 12:53 PM
NO TOUR???? OMG - I'm going to be ticked if that doesn't happen sooooooooooooon!!!!

tbs fanatic
10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Just went to the Capital Gold site. Do you have to listen to the whole 3 hours? I didn't see any way to skip ahead to the Eagles in the last hour??

Brooke
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
On Sunday when I listened, they came on a little after 12 noon Central time. I guess they had already been through the first 2 hours.

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok, today I will try another strategy. :twisted: Last time I recorded the whole thing in one file... I think it's better to record it in several files. Why didn't I think of that before. :roll:

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
They are playing Last Good Time In Town right now. Wow, I really love that song! :D

timfan
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I think that is Glenn doing the whispering on the chorus!!!

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought that too. :) I loved it from the first note. One of my favourite song, definitely.

Brooke
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I thought that too!

I really liked You Are Not Alone. Glenn told that his daughter was battling an eating disorder when he wrote it and he wanted to tell her that everything would be alright. Aawwww! What a good daddy! Very pretty song! :D

It was great to get this preview of the songs. And hearing about how they came to write them helps me. I think just coming in cold with the new album you tend to skip songs that don't catch you right off the bat and this helps get a perspective on them before hand.

They played Lyin' Eyes and One of These Nights. I really didn't need to hear those! Again! :roll:

Great hearing all the guys! :D

timfan
10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I loved You Are Not Alone when I heard it at Fallsview but hearing Glenn elaborate on his daughters difficulties and his feelings about her, made it twice as poignant and just wonderful! :D

Also Don and Tim talking about how "Do Something" came about was quite sweet too... I can just picture Tim playing around with the acoustic guitar and Don stopping beside him saying "that's it!! that's what I've been looking for, for this song! 8)

Freypower
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Taylor had an eating disorder? How awful. I hope she is OK now.

Re the 'no tour' thing it's a bit disheartening to read that 'well the album's over and now let's all move on'. This is a very exciting time for the fans and you would think the band would keep that in mind. I know for the band the album is now past history but not for us.

I knew they wouldn't be in Australia next year though, because I always thought they would do a year in the US first.

'Musical theatre'? I am not even going to hazard a guess as to what this will involve.

10-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Wow - that is too bad about Taylor battling an eating disorder. Glenn has alluded several times to her going through some hard times, but I don't think he was ever specific about it until now. I am assuming she is doing much better. In Niagara Falls, she came out on stage, and looked absolutely adorable. She is very thin, but not an unhealthy thin. Just thin, like many other girls her age.

BTW - did anyone manage to record today's Capital Gold show?

Sexy Girl
10-24-2007, 02:19 AM
The shows were so fantastic - it's a pity tonight will be the last :cry:

Yes, Dreamer, I recorded all of them, but I still don't have them in any "small" format. Please PM me if you want me to send you anything!

glenneaglesfan
10-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Yes, I recorded last night in mp3, but it's in one big block at the moment, and I haven't heard it yet.

That's really awful to hear about Taylor. I really hope she has managed to work though it with the support of her family. It's so tough being a teenager these days.

EasyFeeling
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I recorded it too, in 3 parts and emailed it to Nancy. One of them came back with the message "exceeds size limit". :roll:
When she gets all interviews in several files and sizes from several people I hope she can use it. :wink:

Brooke
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Just finished the last part. WOW, this album is gonna be great! I almost feel a little melancholy. :(

Waiting in the Weeds is a beautiful song. I just love the piano. I liked Don's calling it a "horticultural love song" because of the line about following the plow! He was funny there.

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture is kinda funky! I don't know how some people will take the line about God presiding over football games! :shock:

Glenn's What Do I Do With My Heart is sooooo pretty! I love it that he and Don share lead on the last part. 8)

Glenn said that they felt they needed a new record after HFO and that the fans deserved a new record for sticking with them. They would have had to "wrap it up" or turn in to a nostalgia band with out it. He also said they wouldn't be going out anytime soon. They want to see how the record takes and if they do tour they want to be able to play 7 or 8 of these new songs. I nearly teared up hearing him talk about this! :( So, it sounds like this record needs to sell if they are going to tour! So, get out your $$$ people!

I liked their "Beatlesque" term for Center of the Universe.

And It's Your World Now. :cry: I don't know. It sounded so final! They were talking about the end of the album and sounding like the end of the Eagles. :weep:

Molly
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I listened to the album yesterday, as well. I seem to be in the minority since after hearing it as a whole I was pretty much underwhelmed. "Somebody" made me cringe on first listen. I'm hoping it grows on me.

Couple that with the arrogance of not touring "Fans, get out your wallets and buy the album. If we feel you've forked over enough $$$, then we'll consider going on tour and giving you the opportunity to get out your wallets and fork over some $$$ for tickets!"

Musical theater!!! Give me a break!

Brooke
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Well now, those are two completely different opinions! :?

Molly
10-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Well now, those are two completely different opinions! :?

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry to be a wet blanket when everyone else is so excited.

10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Aw Molly - no need to apologize if that's your opinion. I commented in another thread that I absolutely LOVE the Long Road Out of Eden already. Maybe the album will grow on you, but maybe not. In any event, it is doubtful that you will curve the enthusiam around here. :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
It'll also sound better without the "sneak peek" interruptions and on stereo speakers. I kept finding myself going, "ugh...not now!" when that thing would come on with the "sneak peek". lol

Glennsallnighter
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
It'll also sound better without the "sneak peek" interruptions and on stereo speakers. I kept finding myself going, "ugh...not now!" when that thing would come on with the "sneak peek". lol

Yes, they were so frustrating and always managed to come at a time when I was really getting into what I was listening to. I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.

Glennsallnighter
10-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I really liked You Are Not Alone. Glenn told that his daughter was battling an eating disorder when he wrote it and he wanted to tell her that everything would be alright. Aawwww! What a good daddy! Very pretty song! :D

I was really shocked for Taylor and felt very sorry for her when I read that. It seems no teenager is immune from peer pressures these days. Kids are being sent out totally wrong messaged about body image from a very young age now. I hope she is doing well now and is putting it behind her with Glenn and Cindy's help. It was so sweet of Glenn to write YANA for her. What a daddy :D indeed!

Brooke
10-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.

Believe it or not GA, that's exactly what I did for the first interview! I couldn't find anything "mac friendly", so I got out the old cassette recorder, sat it in front of my 'puter's speakers and voila! It worked! :lol:

EasyFeeling
10-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Aw Molly - no need to apologize if that's your opinion. I commented in another thread that I absolutely LOVE the Long Road Out of Eden already. Maybe the album will grow on you, but maybe not. In any event, it is doubtful that you will curve the enthusiam around here. :wink:

Well said, Dreamer. I mean we don't have to love the album just because it's the Eagles. As I mentioned before there are some I like and some I don't (this may be changed when I listen to these more often). That was also the case for the previous albums. It happens very rare that I like ALL songs of an album, no matter what artist.

Glennsallnighter
10-26-2007, 07:35 AM
I suppose the whole idea is to prevent people doing the whole 80's thing of recording the audio track onto an 'old fashioned' tape recorder.

Believe it or not GA, that's exactly what I did for the first interview! I couldn't find anything "mac friendly", so I got out the old cassette recorder, sat it in front of my 'puter's speakers and voila! It worked! :lol:

Well done Brooke. Its true sometimes....the old ways are still the best :wink: I taped 'How Long' from the radio because I could'nt get it anywhere else (Except the video I downloaded from you-tube and put on the ipod). Worked a treat. Hubby nearly cracked up with laughter, said it brought him right back seeing the tape cassette by the radio. :D

Perfect Little Sister
10-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I said something the other day about being "old school" and one of my kids said, "you're old alright". I countered with, "and you're grounded". :wink:

DonFan
10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I said something the other day about being "old school" and one of my kids said, "you're old alright". I countered with, "and you're grounded". :wink:

:rofl:

EasyFeeling
10-27-2007, 05:10 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2007, 12:11 PM

:hilarious: :rofl: :lol:

The quick ones are still the best too, eh?